• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
Stepping back into this game at 35 and I just started plowing into main stories. I went through 5 of them, and level up 0 times. And now the next main quest needs me to be level 36. Kind of crazy that so many main story quests give such a tiny amount of XP? So, what the heck do I do now to get XP? All my other missions are about 5 levels beneath me, so surely not worth it.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
How much harder is Titania EX then Innocence EX?

Also does Titania EX drop the weapons outright or do you need to get totems?
I feel like Innocence has more going on, but it's more forgiving than Titania. You can clear Innocence with a lot of deaths while a single fuck up can wipe Titania.

And yeah, weapons do drop, but it's quite hard to get one considering there's 17 jobs now lol

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I beat A Realm Reborn 2.0! What a flashy finale. I do wish the bosses weren't basically instamelted by everybody lol.

Really enjoyed my time with this content, no where near the best FF has been but enjoyable. Played a Bard and had a good time with it, will probably stick with it going on from here. I like the Scions a lot when I actually got the time to spend with them. And the goddamn music, so damn good. Definitely continuing on with the game.

Now let me ask this, how rough is raid content? Do I need to research videos on encounters before attempting them? I would like to see Binding Coil and Crystal Tower. Also is it easy to get groups? Are there raid finders or is it a LFG thing?

Both - it might be a little hard to find groups for Bahamut but Crystal Tower is still run a lot. Use the duty finder for that one.

Bahamut's mechanics are a little janky but the story is good, and there's even a cinematic near the end.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I beat A Realm Reborn 2.0! What a flashy finale. I do wish the bosses weren't basically instamelted by everybody lol.

Really enjoyed my time with this content, no where near the best FF has been but enjoyable. Played a Bard and had a good time with it, will probably stick with it going on from here. I like the Scions a lot when I actually got the time to spend with them. And the goddamn music, so damn good. Definitely continuing on with the game.

Now let me ask this, how rough is raid content? Do I need to research videos on encounters before attempting them? I would like to see Binding Coil and Crystal Tower. Also is it easy to get groups? Are there raid finders or is it a LFG thing?

Getting a Coil group might be tricky, especially if you're new and only level 50. People might be willing to go in unsynced (as in, they go in level 80 instead of the original level 50), in which case you'd only need 3-4 other people. Shouldn't be too hard to get into Crystal Tower stuff though - there's quite a few groups running it lately because the story ties into Shadowbringers. It's much easier than Coil, too.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I've been spamming housing for 6 hours and the hidden timer is still up. It's 5am now and I'm losing it

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Hit 50 today which has opened up a lot more options for leveling at least. I'm enjoying it enough to continue but not massively so.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017
Is buying an apartment a good investment? I'm guessing since I'm starting so late gil won't become relevant for a very long time.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Is buying an apartment a good investment? I'm guessing since I'm starting so late gil won't become relevant for a very long time.
I think so. That apartment in Kugane was 500,000 gil and makes for a very cheap TP from Eorzea to the far east (or the first to the far east). Also has a place to store your chocobo if you don't have an FC house.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Up to 26 Titania EX kills, still haven't seen a single mount drop. 4 more and I"m just going to move on to Innocence for 30ish kills..Come back to them when the ilvl raises and I don't have to deal with 50% of "Farm" parties wiping 3 times and disbanding.

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
How much harder is Titania EX then Innocence EX?

Also does Titania EX drop the weapons outright or do you need to get totems?
Innocence has harder mechanics but if you fuck up, you pretty much just get a vuln stack of shame on yourself unless you really fuck up.

Titania EX if you fuck up even a littke, you've probably killed at least 1 other person and yourself.

I spent 2 lockouts getting my Innocence clear and all night getting my Titania.

It drops 1 weapon per clear,and you get 1 token as well, and when you get 10 you can trade them for a weapon of your choice

Oct 26, 2017
Welp, after one night of trying this again, I don't think this is for me. I was having a good time playing through story missions, but then I hit a wall because of level requirement, and I can't even gain a single shitty level from 35 to 36 so I can continue the story. These level requirements to keep doing the story are just....really killing it for me.

TrueHero

Feb 24, 2018
Just wanted to say I've been really enjoying this game so far, already spent 300 hours in it this past month. In the beginning of heavensward rn and can't wait to see what all the hypes about. Wish i knew earlier that the FF game ive been looking for was in an mmo.

Kaah

Banned
Jun 3, 2019
Paris
Welp, after one night of trying this again, I don't think this is for me. I was having a good time playing through story missions, but then I hit a wall because of level requirement, and I can't even gain a single shitty level from 35 to 36 so I can continue the story. These level requirements to keep doing the story are just....really killing it for me.
Uh really ?
XP is extemely fast at this level, just do your roulette everyday and dont forget your bestiary logs. Levelling should not be a problem here.

Jhey Cyphre

Oct 25, 2017

Wow. I guess MMOs just aren't for you. Levels are just given to you in this game with hardly any effort. I'm pretty sure you can run a single dungeon and gain that level you need. Or go for some stuff in your Hunting Log... or grind some FATES or do a few of the hundred or so side quest offered to you in that level range.

Perfect Chaos

Oct 25, 2017
Charlottesville, VA, USA
Queue for the leveling duty roulette. Between the dungeon and the daily XP bonus reward, you'll get like 2 levels at least for 15-20 minutes of time commitment.

Deleted member 19767

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Stay queued in the Duty Finder between story missions. You should have access to beast tribes soon too. They're an excellent source of exp.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

Wait - you can't gain a level from 35 to 36, is that because you're on the free trial...?

MagnusGman

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Dallas
Wrapped up the main quest tonight and Jesus man. I cried a little...

I love G'raha so much. All the little emotional twinges that hit with him are just so damn good. Calling out his name as he tries to sacrifice himself before going to the last zone was just - right through my heart.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I played around in Titania ex with WHM after hitting 80. Yeah this job is so OP, I'm shitting out 6k DPS while not knowing how to play it well yet

Deleted member 13560

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So Sorry if this is a dumb question...

In FFXI you could level separate jobs and carry over skills using a sub job.

If I level something like Samurai is there is "sub job" that I need to also level to carry skills better to make me a better damage dealer?

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

If I level something like Samurai is there is "sub job" that I need to also level to carry skills better to make me a better damage dealer?
Not anymore
I mean don't be surprised that SE has no idea how to balance healers lol.
Yeah what they did to healers has been so disappointing

taepoppuri

Oct 29, 2017

No need to level another class or job except the one you want to play :) they ditched that system back in ARR 😂

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
Alliance

31GFTkG.jpg

What are those stockings?

I'm not even in Shadowbringers yet and I could tell immediately that was the final area before anyone said anything about it being a spoiler.

I'm super glad you were wrong because your post felt more like a spoiler than the original picture in question.

So I played around in Titania ex with WHM after hitting 80. Yeah this job is so OP, I'm shitting out 6k DPS while not knowing how to play it well yet

This gives me hope, haha. I have my good days but I'd consider myself slightly above average. I really want to give Titania EX a try once I'm through post-SB and ShB.

Yeah what they did to healers has been so disappointing

As a WHM I'm super happy with the changes. :P

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
took me all night and more but I got my house

i'm not one to complain about the game, but the housing situation is frankly ridiculous

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
What are those stockings?

I'm super glad you were wrong because your post felt more like a spoiler than the original picture in question.

This gives me hope, haha. I have my good days but I'd consider myself slightly above average. I really want to give Titania EX a try once I'm through post-SB and ShB.

As a WHM I'm super happy with the changes. :P
I'm not sure why any of you guys are trying to pretend the picture wasn't what it was at this point. It's insulting to the intelligence of the people that got spoiled, frankly, and it doesn't diminish the spoiler itself at all, like...if you show me what that picture was, and I THEN see it in the game, you saying 'no no it totally wasn't that' isn't going to make it suddenly surprising and cool instead. It's a bell that can't be unrung and lying about it won't actually bring that back.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Okay. I played FFXIV 2.0 for around 11 months when it released, had a really good time. Quit a bit in advance of Heavensward, and despite hearing good things, I wasn't in a place to jump back in, so I didn't.

But everyone is talking about Shadowbringers like holy fuck, so...

...first off. I got a free copy of Heavensward a few months back. Is it good? Moreover, if I attempt to complete it, will I find able and willing souls to help me do so? (I am not on Ultros, it should be mentioned...it seems as though a transfer will cost me $18.) I don't even know if I'm near the end of MSQ 2.0; I have vague memories of fighting a scary armor man voiced by Richard Epcar in a fight with a shitton of lasers.

Or should I jump ahead to Shadowbringers?

I'm also a Dragoon and I remember being kind of a weaker job (or was it class?) so maybe I should consider upping one of the new ones. It might be tough for me to pick up Dragoon because I absolutely forget fucking everything about the job, and I won't have the first 50 levels to "learn" it, so maybe I should pick something else...but I remember 1-50 taking a not insignificant amount of time and the MSQ really helping, so how slow is it to bring something else up?

I jumped back in yesterday and hadn't played since ARR, initially it was a bit overwhelming for me as there was so much stuff to do so didn't know where to start. I have pretty much every job at 50 so the sheer amount of quest pop ups was insane and a bit daunting. Had to reset all my hotbars as many of the skills where obsolete for the jobs and figure out what all the new stuff did for it. Once that was sorted I decided to just plow on with the MSQ on Heavensward until I start getting back into the swing of things. Looking forward to being able to sink some real time into it this weekend and going to just stick to WHM until I get the lay of the land and get that up to 80 and then start unlocking the jobs added since ARR.

Hoping I can find a friendly FC I join so have some people to chat too and ask questions.

KeRaSh

I left my heart on Atropos
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure why any of you guys are trying to pretend the picture wasn't what it was at this point. It's insulting to the intelligence of the people that got spoiled, frankly, and it doesn't diminish the spoiler itself at all, like...if you show me what that picture was, and I THEN see it in the game, you saying 'no no it totally wasn't that' isn't going to make it suddenly surprising and cool instead. It's a bell that can't be unrung and lying about it won't actually bring that back.

Sorry, my point was not to downplay the spoiler from the screenshot.
In my case I was thinking about the looks of armors and glamours because that topic was discussed before that screenshot so when I saw the image I just looked at the character armor without looking at the background. For all I know it could have been the backdrop of the Titan fight.
It wasn't until everyone screamed bloody murder that I realized that I was looking at a spoiler.
People kept praising the surprise of the final area so I'm super looking forward to experiencing that. Then someone said the picture contained a spoiler for the final area so I was slightly bummed because I thought I kinda knew what the final area might look like now.
That knowledge to me was as much of a spoiler as the picture was for other people who really looked at the backdrop of the character.

It's one thing to see something without context and people calling it out as a spoiler but it's just as bad if someone gives the spoiler in question context without using spoiler tags for that.

OP
OP
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Completed my first challenging ShB content with a friend in a learning party tonight, Innocence EX. So fun!

mdzapeer

May 8, 2018
Wrapped up the main quest tonight and Jesus man. I cried a little...

I love G'raha so much. All the little emotional twinges that hit with him are just so damn good. Calling out his name as he tries to sacrifice himself before going to the last zone was just - right through my heart.

Same here.

I probably would have started bawling if he actually died, and with my wife and kids around too, good thing Emet saved my dignity at the last minute.

Yankee Ruin X

Oct 31, 2017
Does anyone have a guide for WHM and what skill rotations I should be using, also would be helpful to have some images of UI layouts for PS4 and things like that too

Nov 1, 2017
Tokyo
I've been thinking and for new players to get up to speed faster, would it be okay to skip the entirety of A Realm Reborn and start with the 2.1 patches (Seventh Astral Era Quests). I remember those had you revisiting several regions and redo ARR primals while also recapping and advancing the story, so maybe that's a faster jumping on point? Also when I do low-level duties I'm really annoyed with how little skills you have and maybe starting a job with all skills up to level 50 might be better.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I am unsure how you are not leveling up.
Running one dungeon should level you at that point. Doing your daily duty roulettes should level you. Doing leves, doing FATEs, anything really.
Are you by some chance on a trial account? Those can't level above level 35.
I honestly have never heard of someone not being able to level cause the game throws just SO much XP at you like everywhere.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I think so. That apartment in Kugane was 500,000 gil and makes for a very cheap TP from Eorzea to the far east (or the first to the far east). Also has a place to store your chocobo if you don't have an FC house.

Wait what did I miss here, there are differenciations between buying a house and apartment? I always wanted a place for my character other than the house of my FC but the cheapest house I saw on Phoenix was around 4.000.000 and while I could afford that, I would have only around 500.000 gil left. If I could get something for 500k I would jump on it right away.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wait what did I miss here, there are differenciations between buying a house and apartment? I always wanted a place for my character other than the house of my FC but the cheapest house I saw on Phoenix was around 4.000.000 and while I could afford that, I would have only around 500.000 gil left. If I could get something for 500k I would jump on it right away.
Every housing district has an apartment building with I think about 90 apartments for sale. You can buy one there for 500k

seroun

Oct 25, 2018

If you are a free tial account, you can't go above level 35.

If you are not a free trial account, go on any dungeon or do any Duty Finder: Leveling. Gaining levels is really easy with the duty finder/other activities. If you are searching to grind the levels through killing overworld mobs, this is not your game.

Abominuz

Oct 29, 2017
Netherlands
I need some tips, am lvl 56 just finished the main story (of ARR) and a shitload of quests open up and a lot of hard dungeons. Is it better to do them right away or should i just focus on the main story and trough all the expansions? Feels like i will be overleveld before i do the first expansion.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Wow I wonder how did I miss this playing since launch, thanks for the info! But since it's limited to 90, I won't have much chance to get one right now, right?
I myself only found out about this yesterday when I finally looked it up.
I always thought when people said "apartments" they were talking about private rooms in the FC houses XD

I need some tips, am lvl 56 just finished the main story (of ARR) and a shitload of quests open up and a lot of hard dungeons. Is it better to do them right away or should i just focus on the main story and trough all the expansions? Feels like i will be overleveld before i do the first expansion.
You can't really help being overleveled, so don't worry about it. Overgearing is just how the game rolls with older content.
You should normally always be continuing the main story, cause that's what unlocks many things and gives you access to all the new regions and stuff. I would however give you the advice of doing the blue marked sidequests cause they unlock all kinds of things. And having the new "hard" dungeons (which is just a moniker to say they are new dungeons set in the same setting of the old one) in your duty roulette means you will see more and different dungeons when you sign up. They are fun to do and it's just more content to do,you know?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I myself only found out about this yesterday when I finally looked it up.
I always thought when people said "apartments" they were talking about private rooms in the FC houses XD

Yeah it was the same for me, I never thought otherwise and I'm kinda relieved I'm not alone with this :P But hey I'll atleast try and see if I can buy an apartment anywhere on my server later.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I've been thinking and for new players to get up to speed faster, would it be okay to skip the entirety of A Realm Reborn and start with the 2.1 patches (Seventh Astral Era Quests). I remember those had you revisiting several regions and redo ARR primals while also recapping and advancing the story, so maybe that's a faster jumping on point? Also when I do low-level duties I'm really annoyed with how little skills you have and maybe starting a job with all skills up to level 50 might be better.
That sounds worse, honestly. You'd lose all story context. If anything the 2.x patches are way worse than 2.0 itself.

The real issue is that there is important lore stuff woven into all of it, but they put all the padding in the MSQ back then. Now they don't put nearly as much of that, and it shows. There will always be little sidetracked storylines but both 2.0 and 2.x suffer extensively from having like 1 tiny bit of important lore shoved in the middle of a 15 quest chain for no real reason other than to pad the playtime of a patch.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
It's up to you but I'd say do the MSQ since there's 100 quests between ARR and heavensward.

seroun

Oct 25, 2018

If you start a job with basically 65% of the level done, then why would you play the game?

Same for the story. Can the new player experience be improved? Yeah. But the solution is not removing 2.x, but removing some of the padding between quests and removing some of the quests between 2.x and 3.0.

If you are annoyed when doing low-level duties, you can just unsync.

PD: Besides there are already services for that. Go to Mogstation and you can buy potions to skip story and level characters. But why play the game if you aren't going to play the game?

Status
Not open for further replies.