• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
OH shit they added the glam I wanted, a jacket. A cool jacket with a scarff yes yes, what is this called do I ge....

Oh its deciple of the land gear gonna go cry now

They will add non-disciple of the land versions at some point. That's what they did for Stormblood. The gatherers got cool stuff and they later added "all classes" versions you could get in Eureka and they were very common drops so they became very cheap on the marketboards.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I was leveling sam before Shadowbringers release, and stopped at lvl 63 because I realized I couldn't find any glamour that would actually please me. :/

"Hey boss, we're trying to make armor for samurai but we already ran out of ideas for hakama pants and robes."
"uhhhhhhh...half-shirts and skirts?"
"For male characters too?"
"Fuck it."

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Only good SAM glamour is the FFT one.
MNK has a couple of good ones, but if you aren't cosplaying Chun-li, why are you even playing Monk?

Healer starts bashing DPS for not knowing the fight. Calls me out for defending them. The game has been out less than a month. My ban list is getting full.

"What do you mean you're new to this? The content has been out for an hour!"

big bas

The Fallen
Jan 2, 2018
I beat A Realm Reborn 2.0! What a flashy finale. I do wish the bosses weren't basically instamelted by everybody lol.

Really enjoyed my time with this content, no where near the best FF has been but enjoyable. Played a Bard and had a good time with it, will probably stick with it going on from here. I like the Scions a lot when I actually got the time to spend with them. And the goddamn music, so damn good. Definitely continuing on with the game.

Now let me ask this, how rough is raid content? Do I need to research videos on encounters before attempting them? I would like to see Binding Coil and Crystal Tower. Also is it easy to get groups? Are there raid finders or is it a LFG thing?
I need to try Coil so i'd be willing to group up for a fresh run if you want a tank

Teiresias

Oct 27, 2017
This honestly surprises me. Usually people never say anything or just a simple hello and then it's off to the races. Sorry you've been having a bad experience.

Back when ARR launched and I had three weeks off to do nothing but play it I also had overall good community experiences, however, I did have one awful PUG experience with some people that did nothing but troll my ability to tank the entire dungeon. I ended up dropping mid-way through and never did another PUG.

That experience is one reason I never actually finished the ARR story because by the time I got to the last dungeon it was hard to get a group together to run it from the old place's FC so I just never did it because I didn't want to do a PUG again.

It's also why I think I'm going to completely shy away from tanking when I restart. Hearing they may streamline the starting quest line with the 5.1 patch may make me wait though. I still have to finish DQXI anyway.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Only good SAM glamour is the FFT one.
MNK has a couple of good ones, but if you aren't cosplaying Chun-li, why are you even playing Monk?

You gotta step up your sam glam game up. My samurai always look fresh in its myriad outfits. TIL i'm a fashion guru

why limit yourself to chun li ( especially considering Monk strait up has KOF moves and looking like chun given that would look weird. )

Not chun li , but I think i'm on some like action figure he man shit

jmcbMf1.png

elyetis

Oct 26, 2017
"Hey boss, we're trying to make armor for samurai but we already ran out of ideas for hakama pants and robes."
"uhhhhhhh...half-shirts and skirts?"
"For male characters too?"
"Fuck it."
A friend recently showed my the Ala Mhigan Jacket of Striking which has some potential I guess. I'm kind of out of the loop when it comes to hunt ( and probably many other content ) since I came back to the game so there is probably a few other piece I don't know about which could be interesting.
But it's clearly not easy to find decent options compared to say, mage or tank who make me want to make like 10 different character.

But to be fair I'm hard to please, I think dancer is also hardly easy to glam except for a select few option that everyone jumped on day one. And that's with a female character, I can only guess it's worst for males.
Currently wearing this, even if I'm not convinced yet ( hands are pretty much sure to change ) :
1562942599-desktop-screenshot-2019-07-12-16-39-01-60.png

edit : to be honest I would pretty much love to see glamour not limited by class limitation, imho it serve little to no purpose in pve, even more so given some of the all class gear we can already wear

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I've been playing for years (although I'm focusing more on tanking with SHB) and I finally had my 1st real tank fuck up. After a few wipes, I turned Titania around a second before the cleave and caught like 3 out of 8 people. I was embarrassed and apologized like 3 times and everyone was like, "no problem". I even still received 3 commendations.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I suddenly don't have any combat music anymore in Lakeland which is really cool since I wish I could disable it. It's driving me crazy!

Edit: Oh wait you can? What since when? There is a option to disable normal battle music.

YellowMustard

Banned
Jul 2, 2019
It was a dungeon? Honestly, I doubt there's a dungeon that requires more than a basic knowledge of common mechanics. Some bosses has specific mechanics but they mostly make the fight a bit harder or annoying.

And for normal trials... Eh you don't really need to know the fight most of the time.
It was a trial (innocence). Healer kept voting to abandon. Saying we are wasting his time.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Uh the " OH SHIT " I have felt playing DRK and MCH after the changes to each class has been a lot. MCH is uh... real good , uh big number. Huge number.

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
How's the trust system? I'm having bad luck with parties and my social anxiety gets worse to the point I'm scared in using the duty finder because every time I use it, I end up in a party where you get insulted for being a first timer.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really hated (Level 72-73)
what the pixies did with the area they live in. It made it all so ugly and difficult to move around. It's gotten so much better now that I'm past that point and the place looks much better. I can't wait to see how it looks after we push out the light..

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, ppl can get quite annoying on new trials. Wiping on new trials should be expected.

I was lucky, I wiped on Titania once 9nly and no one said anything, just some advice and that's all.

Some people really struggle to comprehend that not everyone can play new content 18 hours a day to power straight to end game, there's still a lot of people only just reaching these fights

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
i don't remember, was there any general chat channel? town chats are dead silent despite bursting with peepz.

€: also servers seem to start shitting themselves (phoenix eu). getting really bad lag spikes now, thankfully i still managed to tank through the dungeon, but that was no fun at all with all that rubberbanding

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
How's the trust system? I'm having bad luck with parties and my social anxiety gets worse to the point I'm scared in using the duty finder because every time I use it, I end up in a party where you get insulted for being a first timer.

I always ran new dungeons with Trusts the first time through. Combat isn't as fast or efficient as playing with real people(the AI does not really follow meta rotations, basically) but you can take the dungeons at your own pace which is a huge boon. The AI is really, really good at avoiding mechanics and it can actually teach you how to do the boss fights better than real people do.

Optinator

Oct 27, 2017
My take from a tanking perspective: the system is sufficient. DPS rarely aoes, and if they do it's accidental. Dungeon runs take about 10-15 minutes longer than it would with a human party, and pulling to the wall is not really feasible while leveling. Rarely will party members die from mechanics. In fact, they are usually clairvoyant and stand exactly where they need to long before there's any indication of it. As such, it's pretty easy to follow them to deal with mechanics even if it's your first time. Sometimes, based on the character, they will take a couple more risks than usual and possibly die. The character-based stuff is interesting in general. If you do die, it counts as a party death, but that will only happen if you fail mechanics quite a lot since healing is generally good (hint: shields are the best). Overall, I like it, but I'm not sure I'll invest a ton of time into it for secondary jobs.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
My take from a tanking perspective: the system is sufficient. DPS rarely aoes, and if they do it's accidental. Dungeon runs take about 10-15 minutes longer than it would with a human party. Rarely will party members die from mechanics. In fact, they are usually clairvoyant and stand exactly where they need to long before there's any indication of it. As such, it's pretty easy to follow them to deal with mechanics even if it's your first time. Sometimes, based on the character, they will take a couple more risks than usual and possibly die. The character-based stuff is interesting in general. Overall, I like it, but I'm not sure I'll invest a ton of time into it for secondary jobs.

God damn it, Alisaie. Her AI is very aggressive and loves to waste LB gauge.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of glamour, I have no idea what I'm gonna wear with Dancer. The aiming gear looks awful on it too. Maybe Shusui? I don't fucking know.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
I think you're seeing more healers now because they're still getting AIN bonuses pretty consistently. The whole "you're wasting my time" thing is pretty rare from a healer (unless you queue into AV or Thousand Maws, then we complain to SE.)

I did have someone badmouthing from the very beginning of the 73 dungeon and they dropped halfway through. With all the praise ShB is getting, you're probably seeing a lot of new players or even older ones who gave up along time ago.

Fun dungeon and it looks great even if I don't care for the denizens of Il Mheg that much.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
I use the Trust system for my first runs to learn mechanics. It works, it's just going to be slower run. If you aren't in a hurry, you should be fine.

Out of curiosity, what did they say to you for being new? Usually, people are somewhat happy because it means a bonus.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Monks and Sam have the one of the best looking sets in the game imo, some great glams with the garo shit.
MGxYXaW.png

Spaltazar

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone else getting severe lag spikes that last for up to 30 seconds on Phoenix EU? When i played earlier it was fine but i could feel how it got worse in the afternoon. Now its totally unplayable in dungeons. Monsters and party members are just standing around for 30 seconds with nothing happening. super frustrating.

i tested my connection - its fine (8 ping, 106 down, 32 up)

arimanius

Oct 27, 2017
So I'm in the middle of 2.4 content with my warrior. The plan is to finish that content to Heavensword and then switch to Machinist and try it out. Are they any good? I don't hear to many people talking about them. Is there a way to skip to 50 on it or did they take that pay option away? I'm guessing grinding dungeons, fates, and blue + quests would be the fastest way if so?

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
So I'm in the middle of 2.4 content with my warrior. The plan is to finish that content to Heavensword and then switch to Machinist and try it out. Are they any good? I don't hear to many people talking about them. Is there a way to skip to 50 on it or did they take that pay option away? I'm guessing grinding dungeons, fates, and blue + quests would be the fastest way if so?
Machinist looks so good to play now

Itsuki

Oct 26, 2017
Tried the trust system and it worked great but slower than having a party of players. Will use it for the next story dungeons.

I use the Trust system for my first runs to learn mechanics. It works, it's just going to be slower run. If you aren't in a hurry, you should be fine.

Out of curiosity, what did they say to you for being new? Usually, people are somewhat happy because it means a bonus.
The parties I have been in aren't happy if it's your first time doing a dungeon or trial and I met players leaving if the party was wiped out for the first time. I know they're bad apples and most of the players aren't like that, but I have been having a hard time with this.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017

For me it was Dark Knight, I used the Palace of the Dead with a friend to grind to 50. Completed the 100 floors in the process.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
Tried the trust system and it worked great but slower than having a party of players. Will use it for the next story dungeons.

The parties I have been in aren't happy if it's your first time doing a dungeon or trial and I met players leaving if the party was wiped out for the first time. I know they're bad apples and most of the players aren't like that, but I have been having a hard time with this.
I use the Trust system for my first run now so I can take my time and watch cutscenes and not feel like I'm holding up the party. I use to watch a video guide before every dungeon to learn mechanics before going it but as normal as that was for XIV, it's not as fun. I'm sorry that you've been having some bad experiences and it's a shame that people are being so ugly. What data server are you on? I'm sure people here would be willing to help with any runs from time to time like helping you with your MSQ dungeons. A good FC also helps with these types of things as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.