• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
I actually kind of like Zenos, mainly because of how he contrasted with a lot of the other notable Garlean antagonists. A lot of them were driven by their devotion to the Empire whereas Zenos is driven purely by his own desires and basically uses the Empire as a means to carry out his search for a good fight and get stronger.

Certainly not the most complicated character but I appreciate his simplicity and I think he's still entertaining.
Agree. He's a one dimensional character who only finds value in life through fighting/killing difficult opponents. I enjoy him and look forward to his role in the story as it unfolds. Also his voice actor in both ENG and JPN is fantastic.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Totally. I know exactly what you mean. Makes me actually play less because I feel like I might as well give up.
But that's not healthy. You should never give a fuck about that and play at your own pace... but stupid expectations like PF iLvl requirements make it seem like I HAVE to keep up because otherwise I will not be able to do the content I want to do and when I am at that level no one is interested anymore or they expect you to be perfect since the content has been out for so long. Normal MMO pressure I guess.

It's even worse for me personally. I don't want to (or can't) play FFXIV every day which makes gearing up way slower. By the time I have some good gear I'll probably do a few runs of X and Y and then stop playing and by the next time I come back (patch that adds content) all the gear will be obsolete and the grind will be for nothing. I am really struggling with this at the moment. I don't even want to do the newer expert roulettes anymore since I am already bored of those dungeons too. How will I ever get enough tomestones for that gear before it gets replaced? Never... so I forced myself to do it which burned me out and now I don't want to log in at all ... lol

Yep that's how I feel. I having bothered reaching the weekly tomestone cap since like 4.3.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Eden's Gate normal finished! E4 was the definitely the biggest struggle though there were issues with E1 too. I'm so happy there is no enrage timer lol.

So the next part of Eden should release with 5.2 correct?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Eden's Gate normal finished! E4 was the definitely the biggest struggle though there were issues with E1 too. I'm so happy there is no enrage timer lol.

So the next part of Eden should release with 5.2 correct?
I always underestimate E4N when I get it on my roulette. I've done it so many times I get lazy and a few of the mechanics will still throw me for a loop when I'm not ready.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I always underestimate E4N when I get it on my roulette. I've done it so many times I get lazy and a few of the mechanics will still throw me for a loop when I'm not ready.
I feel like people in DF still screw up E2N more. Some still don't understand the delayed fire thing. Especially the phase in the beginning when both go off at the same time and no one stacks with the poor guy. People with no marker fail to realize they have to stack and not just go out of the way.

Edit: no wipes on E2N because of that though, so yeah E4N has probably way more wipes still. I just basically so healed E4N because the other healer died like 6 times.

Last edited:

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like people in DF still screw up E2N more. Some still don't understand the delayed fire thing. Especially the phase in the beginning when both go off at the same time and no one stacks with the poor guy. People with no marker fail to realize they have to stack and not just go out of the way.
I'm lucky to have first gone through E2N with a friend that told me how the delayed timer mechanics work, because otherwise I would probably be like every other person that has no idea.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I'm lucky to have first gone through E2N with a friend that told me how the delayed timer mechanics work, because otherwise I would probably be like every other person that has no idea.
Yeah, but compared to E4N you don't wipe because of that (normally). So you are right that E4N is still the bigger struggle, at least in the DF.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Yeah, POTD makes it easy to level dps classes as I dont need to rely on doing the max level dungeon over and over with long queue times. So it's fun. Glad that was added to the game, fun little piece of content.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, POTD makes it easy to level dps classes as I dont need to rely on doing the max level dungeon over and over with long queue times. So it's fun. Glad that was added to the game, fun little piece of content.
I would recommend doing dungeons with your adventurer squadrons over POTD (until level 53 anyway). No random factor from the floors and players, no queue time, no risk of 0 gains if somehow a full wipe occurs, etc.

Last edited:

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I got AST to 76 and I'm not sure I understand Horoscope. So basically it heals you right? But if you use Helios or Aspected Helios while it's active, it heals you more kinda like Plenary? Does the effect only happen once or does it heal more as long as it's still active?

Also, Celestial Intersection's regen doesn't stack with Collective Unconscious right? Same with shields?

_illmatic_

Jan 8, 2018
Lvl 51 Paladin. Trying to return to the game. I have what might be a stupid question. Some of my skills don't seem to be available anymore. For example my Flash and Sword Oath. When I try to activate them it says "Cannot use as current class", but I'm a paladin class. I think I might be missing something? Did something change with the update that reworked the way this class works? Please forgive my stupid question. Thanks.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Lvl 51 Paladin. Trying to return to the game. I have what might be a stupid question. Some of my skills don't seem to be available anymore. For example my Flash and Sword Oath. When I try to activate them it says "Cannot use as current class", but I'm a paladin class. I think I might be missing something? Did something change with the update that reworked the way this class works? Please forgive my stupid question. Thanks.
Paladin does not have those skills anymore.
Go into Character -> Actions and Traits, there might be new skills added to lower levels that might not be on your hotbar.

_illmatic_

Jan 8, 2018
Paladin does not have those skills anymore.
Go into Character -> Actions and Traits, there might be new skills added to lower levels that might not be on your hotbar.

Ahhhh, I knew it had to be something simple I was missing. Thanks! I'll check that out and rework my hotbar and read about the changes.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

They've been removed from the game, so you can't use them anymore. Shadowbringers changed how the tanks work, yes. It's simplified, and you have all of your major tools before you enter the first dungeon.

- The DPS stance was removed, and now you just have the tank stance. You'll turn Shield Oath on if you're tanking, and turn it off if you're not. With it on, you'll generate so much aggro that you won't even think about it anymore.
-- Sword Oath still does exist, but it's more or less just a consumable buff you get at level 76 to use for Atonement.
- Flash was replaced with Total Eclipse, and it really serves the same purpose. You do get a proper combo action with it, Prominence, at level 40, though.

Here you go.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Levequests seemed ridiculously worthless when I was leveling my first job on the MSQ, but now doing crafting/gathering classes I fully understand that they are not only useful, but entirely necessary.

_illmatic_

Jan 8, 2018
They've been removed from the game, so you can't use them anymore. Shadowbringers changed how the tanks work, yes. It's simplified, and you have all of your major tools before you enter the first dungeon.

- The DPS stance was removed, and now you just have the tank stance. You'll turn Shield Oath on if you're tanking, and turn it off if you're not. With it on, you'll generate so much aggro that you won't even think about it anymore.
-- Sword Oath still does exist, but it's more or less just a consumable buff you get at level 76 to use for Atonement.
- Flash was replaced with Total Eclipse, and it really serves the same purpose. You do get a proper combo action with it, Prominence, at level 40, though.

Here you go.
Thank you so much! I'll check out what you posted and makes changes.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I now have a grand total of two people on my black list. Guy didn't like how i tanked and called me some offensive shit. Have fun

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Dear tanks. If you are going to pull everything in the whole fucking room when I am a Astrologian.... please for the love of god manage your cds properly. I just had a tank in the level 77 dungeon get squished and I had all my heals popped on him including mitigation. I wasn't doing anything wrong and AST does feel terribly weak compared to stormblood but still please have the ability to realize you are going to completely fuck me over if you decide suicide running is the best thing to do. Sorry, just a bit of a rant but these ShB dungeons really hit hard since we are all mostly undergeared.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
PS4 controller (which I don't like using for this game) works fine but for some reason when I try to use the switch pro controller, the game seems to go haywire like its trying to press a million different buttons. Anyone know what is up with that?

(playing on Steam/PC)

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't notice Eulmore taking anymore time to load than other places but I'm playing on PC with a SSD.

At least next year when the PS5 is out you can say goodbye to load times (assuming you are playing on PS4).

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
I think black smokes might be happening too fast for my latency issues, I walked into it the moment it dropped and it still popped off.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So was Idyllshire, honestly. The one upside to Rhalger's was that everything was so spread out that you weren't loading everyone in at the same time.

God, Idyllshire on PS4 was infuriating. I'd teleport there, my queue would pop, and the 40 second timer would run out before I'd be loaded in to accept it. Ridiculous.

Very glad to play on a PC with an NVMe drive where every teleport takes like 5 seconds tops.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Dear tanks. If you are going to pull everything in the whole fucking room when I am a Astrologian.... please for the love of god manage your cds properly. I just had a tank in the level 77 dungeon get squished and I had all my heals popped on him including mitigation. I wasn't doing anything wrong and AST does feel terribly weak compared to stormblood but still please have the ability to realize you are going to completely fuck me over if you decide suicide running is the best thing to do. Sorry, just a bit of a rant but these ShB dungeons really hit hard since we are all mostly undergeared.
People still do that a lot in lvl 80 dungeons and even on WHM it's so fucking annoying. They pull everything and you notice that they don't really take damage and you wonder why and when everything is half dead you realize that they popped everything at the start and now their HP drops like a wet noodle and you barely can keep them alive.

Eulmore was a mistake. Its so crowded and takes forever to teleport to.
No issues loading in here (SSD) but the frame rate is terrible even on my good rig because it's so small and everyone stands in one place.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
God, Idyllshire on PS4 was infuriating. I'd teleport there, my queue would pop, and the 40 second timer would run out before I'd be loaded in to accept it. Ridiculous.

Very glad to play on a PC with an NVMe drive where every teleport takes like 5 seconds tops.

It always happens when I'm porting to the Gold Saucer, lol.

I did the opposite; I went from an older gaming PC to a stock launch PS4, and while my load times aren't quite that bad, they're still bad enough I feel like apologizing to the group.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Someone needs to tell these Hrothgars to but on a damn shirt.
Hell no
tenor.gif

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Do you guys think there is any point in continuing to level up Nin If they are changing it next patch? Ive only got it to level 43 or so but not sure whether to wait and see what changes.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Well, try it. The worst thing will be to struggle with your muscle memory for a few hours/days. If you like the new gameplay, it's all good.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I do like it and the theme is awesome. I'm only really a casual player so I suppose it's not that big a deal anyway. When will that patch be out anyway?

Plus you know Naruto running is too fun.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Did the Extreme Ramuh battle but I cna't help but wonder if my team have 0 idea how to deal with him.
Well some do but for whatever odd reason hardly any of the non-tankers focused on the Arbiters that get summoned. I dunno if it is because of the Charm or whatever but it was hella odd that the other DPS didn't focus on an arbiter with me at least @_@

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so since I have a 60 miner would getting Rowena's token(blue gatherer's scripts) be the best way to get crystal sands for the Anima quest.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
I have a weird issue with my PS4.

I haven't used it in awhile and decided to turn it on and updated the firmware but whenever I try to sign into my PSN account it just says "An error has occurred"

I tried logging into my account on PC and it worked fine, so it's not like my password was wrong.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Meicyn

Oct 27, 2017
Florida
I have a weird issue with my PS4.

I haven't used it in awhile and decided to turn it on and updated the firmware but whenever I try to sign into my PSN account it just says "An error has occurred"

I tried logging into my account on PC and it worked fine, so it's not like my password was wrong.

Does anyone know how to fix this?
PSN is acting up I think. Open beta for Black Desert is happening right now requiring a 32 GB download, so Sony's servers are being hammered. I was going through the PS Store and everything just stopped working.

BizzyBum

Oct 26, 2017
New York
PSN is acting up I think. Open beta for Black Desert is happening right now requiring a 32 GB download, so Sony's servers are being hammered. I was going through the PS Store and everything just stopped working.

Hm, okay. I checked the status and it says everything should be up. I'll try again later. I thought it was probably something on my end.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Wonder if i'll be able to finish Stormblood and get to Shadowbringers before the Nier stuff starts. I'd love to be able to experience that at the same time as everyone else.

Status
Not open for further replies.