• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
I would gladly pay for a PS5 version of the game if they can't patch in an enhanced visual update.

I am assuming you can play it cross compatible on the PS5 and then they'll likely have a special PS5 version at some point after it's released.

Since they're revisiting old stuff (ARR content in 5.3) then it's possible they might have something like a better texture pack or something similar.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
If they have a ps5 version it will most likely allow you to upgrade for free for a period like with ps3 to 4 in which it will kill you rights to play on ps4

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Wonder if i'll be able to finish Stormblood and get to Shadowbringers before the Nier stuff starts. I'd love to be able to experience that at the same time as everyone else.

It depends on how far you are and how much you play. 5.1 will be out in October, so you've got about two months to go.

Sillution

Oct 25, 2017
Made it to heavensward last night. Let me tell you, the amount of pointless nonsense to get there was brutal.

InternHertz

Oct 25, 2017
Brussels, Belgium
I'm currently in Shadowbringers, at the first quest available for LVL79.
I'll have to do some roulettes today in order to get to that level however. So excited to see how the story will develop.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
They're pretty consistent with major updates. Major patches are always released 90-100 days after the last one.

I've been playing since October but I've always been behind so never really paid much attention to patches. Will be weird being on the same expansion as everybody else.

Shahadan

Oct 27, 2017
Finally, Boy George is dead and the main story of Stormblood is done ! What a bore that was sometimes tbh.
I guess I won't be able to start shadowbringers this week end but at least I'm close

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
So ist it just plain impossible to get into a pvp roulette these days? The normal queues take basically forever, so I figured roulette might be the better way to learn and try out pvp but nooo. Not this century it seems.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So ist it just plain impossible to get into a pvp roulette these days? The normal queues take basically forever, so I figured roulette might be the better way to learn and try out pvp but nooo. Not this century it seems.
It's a shame cause some of the gear in pvp looks dope but you need wolf marks for them

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
Only reason I even touch Frontline is for the Wolf Marks to get glammer gear. Ive got some really nice boots on my BLM courtesy of the Frontline roulette. Totally worth banging my head against the wall for however long a match lasts.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Question about Titania (normal) abilities, I beat the fight in the story mode as a tank and it wasn't too bad as long as myself and the other tank were picking up the 2 adds in the DPS phase.

I tried it as healer for the first time today and everyone was dying so much in the DPS phase I couldn't keep the raises or heals up. People were dodging the spread AoE and stacking ok, but we kept taking massive damage every few seconds raidwide in the large versions part while the tanks were eating the tankbusters and it was either keep healing the tanks or keep healing the party. I'm trying to figure out what was going on. It seemed like the northern Puck was causing the blast on everyone, was this because the tank wasn't picking him up and facing him away?

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

I play on Primal and I can usually get a ~5 minute queue on Frontlines roulette at night during primetime. It's a nice quick 40 phantasmagoria tomes + the Wolf Marks. For anyone raiding (or crafting) you can buy the item that extends food duration by 15m with 3000 wolf marks now.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Question about Titania (normal) abilities, I beat the fight in the story mode as a tank and it wasn't too bad as long as myself and the other tank were picking up the 2 adds in the DPS phase.

I tried it as healer for the first time today and everyone was dying so much in the DPS phase I couldn't keep the raises or heals up. People were dodging the spread AoE and stacking ok, but we kept taking massive damage every few seconds raidwide in the large versions part while the tanks were eating the tankbusters and it was either keep healing the tanks or keep healing the party. I'm trying to figure out what was going on. It seemed like the northern Puck was causing the blast on everyone, was this because the tank wasn't picking him up and facing him away?
Yes, tank has to take him so he only attacks the tank

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
I play on Primal and I can usually get a ~5 minute queue on Frontlines roulette at night during primetime. It's a nice quick 40 phantasmagoria tomes + the Wolf Marks. For anyone raiding (or crafting) you can buy the item that extends food duration by 15m with 3000 wolf marks now.
I'm on spriggan so that may be the issue here. Boo.

Edit got into two matches of Frontline, this is actually quite fun. It's no gw2 and far far from being a lotro pvmp (i love persistent pvp on huge maps) but it's certainly more entertaining than I was told it's gonna be. Shame for the queue times.

Last edited:

scy

Oct 25, 2017
Just to clarify something, you are queueing with Frontline Freelancer checked off in the DF settings? Located in the same place as the undersize option is. If your queue time is that bad even with that on then, well, rip.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
Downloading the free trial right now -- this is the one MMO that I have never genuinely tried because I've never been a Final Fantasy fan.

All the Youtube videos make this look confusing as hell. Don't typically like games where you can switch at a whim to various classes, but I haven't played a good MMORPG in so long.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
E2S is so unforgiving... at the current gear level, you can't have a single death and very minimal dmg down debuff. I must've fought the guy 100 times this week and still can't find a group to clear with, best was 1% enrage -____-

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Okay finished with raids. Static cleared week 1 for the first time and we got a pretty meme "speed" kill where we got #1 on Leviathan. (It lasted a few hours before someone cleared it 21 seconds faster lol).

Anyway this is probably my favorite tier since I've started raiding w/ Creator.

A really good intro fight that gets you acclimated with some not to complicated mechanical checks and an actual requirement to interrupt adds. Melee DPS uptime on the boss is pretty solid especially once you get gear so you can stack the DPS Gravity AOEs (Though I did get a damage roll where I had 1 HP so yikes), run melee uptime strat on lasers, and kill it fast enough so you skip the third delta attack

My favorite fight of the tier honestly. The mechanics are pretty obvious. The pace of them slowly ramps up over the course of the fight and overlaps until you reach the end where the boss just rapid fires 3 of them back to back and you have to be thinking 2 steps ahead. Love it!

Weakest of the tier. Not a very complex boss and really easy to grasp the mechanics of. The hardest part is a kinda tighter DPS check that serves as a 'you must be this tall to ride' for Titan. Was too tired to clear it after a few hours of prog and then we came in next day and 1 shot it felt extremely anticlimatic.

Honestly if this is how they're going to treat savage final encounters from here on out I'm extremely happy about it. First four minutes honestly feel like the real mechanical check and afterwards its a matter of meeting the encounter DPS, not nuking your party, and having enough healing/mitigating for the third phase.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
E2S is so unforgiving... at the current gear level, you can't have a single death and very minimal dmg down debuff. I must've fought the guy 100 times this week and still can't find a group to clear with, best was 1% enrage -____-
DPS check shouldn't that tight. With Crafted i450 gear you should be able to clear with a few deaths as long as your group can push buttons real good. If possible you could analyize fights on fflogs to see if you are on track or not with your own personal DPS.

Sargerus

▲ Legend ▲
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished ShB. Y'all were right, it is indeed the best FF story of the past decade.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Downloading the free trial right now -- this is the one MMO that I have never genuinely tried because I've never been a Final Fantasy fan.

All the Youtube videos make this look confusing as hell. Don't typically like games where you can switch at a whim to various classes, but I haven't played a good MMORPG in so long.
It's extremely overwhelming at first, but also just sort of all works itself out naturally. It's good design that way. Even if you get to your opening city and there are a million quest icons everywhere, as long as you're following the ones very clearly marked all over the UI as main scenario quests, you're on a path of progress.

ITFzw9g.jpg

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I sure wish they would apply the guaranteed drop system to all of the dungeons.

I just want the Valkyrie's Coat of Striking, and I have gotten literally everything but it from the two dungeons that it's in. 🙃

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Honestly being able to switch classes on a single character is one of the best features of the game for me. I didn't really try out other combat classes until I hit max level with my first/main one, but trying out different classes has really added a lot of longevity to the game for me. Also nice if the first class you pick isn't really clicking for you as it makes it pretty easy to try something different (as far as I remember you just have to hit level 10 and do an associated quest for your first class to unlock the ability to do so).

Kwigo

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think I OD'd a bit, went from 1 to 80 from may until last week, and I don't think I'll be playing for the next few weeks.
It was great but now I need a break.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Today I learned that the last boss of the last 5.0 MSQ dungeon has an enrage.

I may or may not have seen the cast bar for it.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I played ARR on PS4 probably 2 years ago. Now I'm considering getting the Complete Collection. It says it includes 30 days. Does this count for returning players as well?

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I played ARR on PS4 probably 2 years ago. Now I'm considering getting the Complete Collection. It says it includes 30 days. Does this count for returning players as well?
If you bought it on PC yes. If you bought it for PS4 no.

30 days only applies to the base game for a platform you don't already down.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I see the stormblood crafting quests don't make you hunt for materials. Which is fucking aces. Are the shadowbringer ones the same?
No they change it back in ShB and you also don't get quests for each job, but instead quests for a group of jobs. Iirc it's like LTW/WVR/CRP, ARM/BSM/GSM and CUL/ALC, one quest line per grouping of these, does give more xp than traditional quests, but the items you have to craft require items from every craft(so like for the CUL/ALC quests, you'll need to craft quest items that require both ALC items and CUL items mixed together). It isn't that bad though as they're fairly easy usually, like say you'll need 6 cloths, 6 leathers and 6 lumbers and then combine that, rather than a ton of crap like in HW, but it's still kinda annoying and worse than SB in all aspects.

Real

Oct 28, 2017
It's extremely overwhelming at first, but also just sort of all works itself out naturally. It's good design that way. Even if you get to your opening city and there are a million quest icons everywhere, as long as you're following the ones very clearly marked all over the UI as main scenario quests, you're on a path of progress.

ITFzw9g.jpg
Honestly being able to switch classes on a single character is one of the best features of the game for me. I didn't really try out other combat classes until I hit max level with my first/main one, but trying out different classes has really added a lot of longevity to the game for me. Also nice if the first class you pick isn't really clicking for you as it makes it pretty easy to try something different (as far as I remember you just have to hit level 10 and do an associated quest for your first class to unlock the ability to do so).

Thanks guys. Will give it a spin later today.

Also, noticed the Complete Edition is on sale for $45 until Thursday on NewEgg. If I like the game enough, is that a good deal?

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
I had a healer that died 3 times in the last SB story 4 man. Luckily i was on RDM. The black mage did like 0 damage and died a lot too. What's going on. SE should pay you for this stuff.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
DPS check shouldn't that tight. With Crafted i450 gear you should be able to clear with a few deaths as long as your group can push buttons real good. If possible you could analyize fights on fflogs to see if you are on track or not with your own personal DPS.

I guess I should've said I play with pugs only lol so crafted i450 gear is very minimal.

Made it to a 0.9% enrage with one death (healer) last night -_-, first pull with the group too. But we could never replicate the same performance in the whole lockout people just make minor mistakes here and there.

By the way, with threat mitigation a thing in the past, is the threat meter a good indicator of how much DPS you are dealing just as a comparison sake? I play on PS4 so that's the only indicator I have.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I feel a bunch of people bought skip potions and don't know how to play. The quality of randoms has decreased a LOT
Honestly I see a lot of people who probably didn't buy, bunch of chars half leveled, mentor icon so they had a few classes leveled, seiryu/suzaku(sigh) weapons and they're like, so so bad.

I think it's just how it is, but people don't notice it as much when running expert roulette in x.1+ when you're like 30ilvls higher than the new dungeon that came out because that's how things be at cap. A lot of people also just take the super lazy "eh it's just lvling why would I put ANY effort" approach, even though it literally affects everyone else so anyone with a bit of decency wouldn't do that.

I had a healer show up with some lvl 49 accessories and i290 AF3 book in Dohn Mehg. The worst part? He wasn't even a bad player as far as I could tell from the first pull, used a bunch of his abilities like recitation, fairy stuff, excog, wasn't spamming Physick like the real bad healers. Just he probably decided to lvl his healer randomly and instead of just buying some vendor 385 crap(or 403 or whatever since he was 74) he just figured he'd use a random mish mash of absolute garbage gear he had in his armory/he got from low leveling roulettes and not put any effort.

I took the 30mins penalty and went and did some FATEs. We could have cleared, but fuck if I'm gonna carry lazy asses like that. But I can't leave everytime there's a terrible player cause then I wouldn't run anything almost. And since I play every role, I see plenty of bad players on every role.

I guess I should've said I play with pugs only lol so crafted i450 gear is very minimal.

Made it to a 0.9% enrage with one death (healer) last night -_-, first pull with the group too. But we could never replicate the same performance in the whole lockout people just make minor mistakes here and there.

By the way, with threat mitigation a thing in the past, is the threat meter a good indicator of how much DPS you are dealing just as a comparison sake? I play on PS4 so that's the only indicator I have.
To an extent yes, although obviously death=threat reset, and tank/healer DPS is unreliable, but even DPS threat can be unreliable I think cause Bloodbath generates threat I assume. Still it should be decent-ish. Due to how small the threat is compared to tank it's hard to get a good estimation though other than x does more than y. Could be by 200DPS, could be by 3k, but that's less than a pixel anyway cause tank threat is 25billion.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
No they change it back in ShB and you also don't get quests for each job, but instead quests for a group of jobs. Iirc it's like LTW/WVR/CRP, ARM/BSM/GSM and CUL/ALC, one quest line per grouping of these, does give more xp than traditional quests, but the items you have to craft require items from every craft(so like for the CUL/ALC quests, you'll need to craft quest items that require both ALC items and CUL items mixed together). It isn't that bad though as they're fairly easy usually, like say you'll need 6 cloths, 6 leathers and 6 lumbers and then combine that, rather than a ton of crap like in HW, but it's still kinda annoying and worse than SB in all aspects.

To add on to this. Gathering is split: mining and botany as 1, and fishing as another. The mining / botany were really easy to finish and gave a TON of exp.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I feel a bunch of people bought skip potions and don't know how to play. The quality of randoms has decreased a LOT

Also, I haven't played my PLD in forever and I'm afraid to play high level stuff. It's lvl 60 and I've tanked some lower dungeons trying to remember how to play and it's still hard when 90% of my playtime has been bard.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I sure wish they would apply the guaranteed drop system to all of the dungeons.

I just want the Valkyrie's Coat of Striking, and I have gotten literally everything but it from the two dungeons that it's in. 🙃

This happened to me a couple of weeks ago while I was grinding Odin for his armor set. Every single piece of armor he drops dropped at least three times before I finally got his helmet. Shit was madness.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

Well the other thing is, are people eating those flying heads a lot? That's a damage down stack if they do.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Well the other thing is, are people eating those flying heads a lot? That's a damage down stack if they do.
I mean from watching a lot of pub savage streams, the main issue is generally the same as usual, some people do a lot less damage than they should be doing regardless of mechanics. I've seen a bunch of ppl clearing E1S and E2S BARELY during the enrage and you'd have like some guy doing 2k DPS less than what he should be doing and a healer not DPSing or whatever. Meanwhile kills with good players there can be a death here and there and they'll still clear comfortably because everyone's doing their job well enough. E3S less so and E4S is kinda tight if you have ppl dying even with good players. It'll get better as people get better gear though, especially in ~15days when it's been 7 resets of normal and ppl start getting tome weapons.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017

The group was pretty good at not eating damage down except during Quietus... That mechanic is really unfriendly to us melees. I find if the boss moves the second circular Nyx pattern trajectory actually changes and it's really easy to get clipped.

Someone said if you hit 65% at first flare, and 21% at Quietus the group is in good shape... if all 8 handle Quietus phase PERFECTLY which is a hard ask for pugs :(

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
It's ok to miss a GCD to dodge those heads during Quietus. Yes it's trash, but it's better than having that horrific damage down on you for the next 30(?) seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.