• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Akainu

Unshakable Resolve
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Everywhere and nowhere
No they change it back in ShB and you also don't get quests for each job, but instead quests for a group of jobs. Iirc it's like LTW/WVR/CRP, ARM/BSM/GSM and CUL/ALC, one quest line per grouping of these, does give more xp than traditional quests, but the items you have to craft require items from every craft(so like for the CUL/ALC quests, you'll need to craft quest items that require both ALC items and CUL items mixed together). It isn't that bad though as they're fairly easy usually, like say you'll need 6 cloths, 6 leathers and 6 lumbers and then combine that, rather than a ton of crap like in HW, but it's still kinda annoying and worse than SB in all aspects.
Does that mean gathering for mats or do they give them to you?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Does that mean gathering for mats or do they give them to you?
I meant it changes back to like HW, where you have to get everything yourself. The lvl 80 and 75 quest do give you the items though, but the rest it's like, ShB leather/cloth/ingots etc you need to craft the items. Prices are a fair bit lower than at launch though so it's probably pretty cheap, kinda like a really strong leve.

Masoyama

Attempted to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I was able to get from lvl 35 to about 1/3 of the way through shadowbringers on my 1 month sub. I am gonna wait for a couple of patches to come out before I buy another month and finish it, how long should I expect for the first major patch to drop and how much content is expected?

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
This happened to me a couple of weeks ago while I was grinding Odin for his armor set. Every single piece of armor he drops dropped at least three times before I finally got his helmet. Shit was madness.

It's been a good source of light farming, but I would honestly rather just have the darn chest piece already, lol.
Gubal Hard doesn't take very long to solo, at least.

Klyka

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
I was able to get from lvl 35 to about 1/3 of the way through shadowbringers on my 1 month sub. I am gonna wait for a couple of patches to come out before I buy another month and finish it, how long should I expect for the first major patch to drop and how much content is expected?
5.1 patch will be in October sometime. it will feature some story quests (I'd say around 10 of them), should have a new endgame dungeon, possibly a new trial, should have the first part of the new alliance raid, sidequest content (maybe hildibrand?????), will add the first of the new beast tribes, etc...
There is definitely content there to do. depending on how hardcore you play, it's not gonna be enough to fill a whole month with, but it's definitely a nice package

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
I had a healer that died 3 times in the last SB story 4 man. Luckily i was on RDM. The black mage did like 0 damage and died a lot too. What's going on. SE should pay you for this stuff.
I was this healer the other day in Ghimlyt Dark, except it was four times because I was so fatigued I couldn't dodge the ceruluem AoEs properly. Should have known better than to queue it up lol.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I was this healer the other day in Ghimlyt Dark, except it was four times because I was so fatigued I couldn't dodge the ceruluem AoEs properly. Should have known better than to queue it up lol.
Man I have been there, being tired and deciding that i should run one more dungeon only to instantly regret it the moment it starts.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Man I have been there, being tired and deciding that i should run one more dungeon only to instantly regret it the moment it starts.
Yeah, I'm getting better about it but the urge is so strong lol. In this case, everything went fine until that final boss... and then the tears began. Thankfully my team managed to finish it after my fourth death without me, it was a relief for me too!!

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

This happens to me every time I try to run Leveling roulette as a tank class and get put into Sastasha or one of the other level 30-ish dungeons.

ShB really murdered low-level tank play even harder than SB already did. It made every tank as boring to play at low levels as Gladiator already was.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This happens to me every time I try to run Leveling roulette as a tank class and get put into Sastasha or one of the other level 30-ish dungeons.

ShB really murdered low-level tank play even harder than SB already did. It made every tank as boring to play at low levels as Gladiator already was.

Low level tanking was always bad, the problem is lvl 50-69 now feels bad too. No tanks jobs feels OK up to 70.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Low level tanking was always bad, the problem is lvl 50-69 now feels bad too. No tanks jobs feels OK up to 70.

Every job is boring at low levels

As someone who was leveling DRK last expansion and GNB now, they made low-level tanking even worse than it already was. DRK started out fairly fun at low levels but they cut out almost all of its flexibility and basically made it into Paladin 2.

Gladiator is, to date, the only job I have literally fallen dead asleep while playing. Dullest core combat rotation of all time.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at least happy that Gladiator's low-level AOE does damage now. All classes are boring at low levels, there's just not much going on rotation-wise.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Getting 50 trials as BLM is excruciating, lol.
Especially Nabriales, because there's like an 80% chance we'll have to do it twice.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Every job is boring at low levels

I mean below 50, I would agree. But I think some jobs feels fine at 50, like RDM and SAM, you can really see how they are jobs that starts at 50 and have a base where it's built upon for the next levels.

I would say tanks have it worse. Some don't even all their CDs up to 70. GNB is built upon intervention and HoS and that's 70 and 68 respectively. Blackest Night is what mades DRK and it's lvl 70. Tanking before all that, just doesn't feel right or fun. At least some of dps jobs I played in 50 or 60 content feels somehow fun even if basic.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Nothing says "fun" like spamming Demon Slice 6000 times in a low level dungeon roulette.

I mean, at least it's quicker than not having an AoE and using your single target combo to whittle down enemies one at a time.

I'll take boring over slow and boring.

I do wish they could like, scale down the jobs with level sync, so you get to play with the fun stuff when you have the tam-tara or toto-rak from leveling roulette. Though I udnerstand how hard that would be to balance.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I mean, at least it's quicker than not having an AoE and using your single target combo to whittle down enemies one at a time.

I'll take boring over slow and boring.

I do wish they could like, scale down the jobs with level sync, so you get to play with the fun stuff when you have the tam-tara or toto-rak from leveling roulette. Though I udnerstand how hard that would be to balance.

Like I said, Gladiator is a nightmare class.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
On topic of tanks, for the GNB, its weird as hell you get the AoE bullet spender so late (level 72) its weird spending your bullet on single target attacks during mobs to not overflow with bullets

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
For those who have played both RDM and MCH, which did you find more enjoyable? I'm looking for an alternate to my MNK and wanted something different. I'll eventually level both but looking for my "next".

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On topic of tanks, for the GNB, its weird as hell you get the AoE bullet spender so late (level 72) its weird spending your bullet on single target attacks during mobs to not overflow with bullets

Same with PLD, since you aren't getting the Holy AoE spell until 72. DRK also does not get it's AoE combo until 72.

scy

Oct 25, 2017

In AoE situations at those levels, you just overcap as it's a DPS loss to use spenders on more than 3 targets (more than 2 if just Burst Strike).

Gladiator starts bad, but it ends up becoming the 1st or 2nd best playing tank out of the 4.

With how it's line ups are, Paladin still has some feel bad moments. At least you can force some req windows in Levi and Titan during forced downtime moments.

Oct 26, 2017
So one thing I'm now feeling bad about is that I had a Small house during Stromblood and let my sub lapse so long I lost the house and the ability to get any of the items and money back.

Kinda miss having a house but just got an Apartment in my FC house so that'll have to do lol

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Can someone direct me to some info regarding of what stats I should focus for jobs when it comes to materia?

Bufbaf

Don't F5!
Oct 25, 2017
Hamburg, Germany
Played Frontline a bunch today and now I really really hope for some kind of large scale world v world the future. This is fun but it really needs permanence and space, see: GW2.

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
oh fuck yeah Level 78 (checking in)

Just about to get to Mt. Gulg

Also I just did the Formidable FATE, I had no idea there was a mount you can get with the cogs!!

Ashodin

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Durham, NC
Yeah I forgot to check in for a lot of it, but that's what the game does, it sucks you in (and I really took my time experiencing most of it).

My favorite parts so far:

*that* scene
Titania
LA HEE
Legends of the Goddamn Hidden Temple
Is that Zenos' music!?
Emet-Selch
LALI HO

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
maybe if you're on light datacentre. come to think of it, i think people seldom fall asleep in this game. I've seen this more often in older games. maybe it's the circles or the fact that good progress is often locked behind a timer.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
For those who have played both RDM and MCH, which did you find more enjoyable? I'm looking for an alternate to my MNK and wanted something different. I'll eventually level both but looking for my "next".
I've got RDM at 70 atm and MCH at 64 and I vastly prefer MCH, even at 50 I found it more enjoyable to play than RDM.

That's mainly because I found RDM to have a really simple kit that wasn't especially engaging whereas with MCH I'm constantly spinning plates.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I started writing a LTTP to collect all my thoughts for FFXIV and to talk as someone who couldn't "get into MMOs" and it's already over 1000 words long and all I've talked about is story lol. I have so much to say about this amazing game.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
I started writing a LTTP to collect all my thoughts for FFXIV and to talk as someone who couldn't "get into MMOs" and it's already over 1000 words long and all I've talked about is story lol. I have so much to say about this amazing game.
I hate the fact that I didn't care for the stories until the end of ARR. a lot of things I had to learn later by reading about it

Kronotech

Oct 28, 2017
I've got RDM at 70 atm and MCH at 64 and I vastly prefer MCH, even at 50 I found it more enjoyable to play than RDM.

That's mainly because I found RDM to have a really simple kit that wasn't especially engaging whereas with MCH I'm constantly spinning plates.
That's what I figured. Coming from MNK, RDM might be a little too simplistic for me. Thanks for sharing.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
One of my favourite things about ShB has been following the impressions of people who decided to finally jump in, either on here or elsewhere. So I'm looking forward to reading your impressions as it's been fun reading your posts as you've gone along.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios

RDM feels like it has far and away the easiest rotation out of all the dps jobs. It's so boring.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018

Problem is leveling a Machinist is ROUGH holy crap. The initial levels are so bad, a lot of what makes Machinist interesting is locked at high levels, whereas RDM has basically the complete rotation at level 50 with only a few ogcds and finishers added at higher levels.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
By the way, with threat mitigation a thing in the past, is the threat meter a good indicator of how much DPS you are dealing just as a comparison sake? I play on PS4 so that's the only indicator I have.
Its a decent way of measuring pDPS relative to other jobs.

Like if a MNK is out aggroing a BLM I wouldn't bat an eye. But if I see a BLM below a DNC then I'd start going ???

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Finally completed every sidequest in shadowbringers. Took my machinist all the way to level 80. Some of the sidequests were weird, especially the disappearing fairies ones.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who was leveling DRK last expansion and GNB now, they made low-level tanking even worse than it already was. DRK started out fairly fun at low levels but they cut out almost all of its flexibility and basically made it into Paladin 2.

Gladiator is, to date, the only job I have literally fallen dead asleep while playing. Dullest core combat rotation of all time.
How is dark knight any worse? you have essentially the same abilities, but ALSO flood of darkness very early, and unleash doesn't do a pathetic level of damage anymore

The tanks are all almost exactly the same as they were before, but also get an extra aoe ability to at least make a rotation at level 30ish.

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah low level drk is way better than it was. Flood makes a big difference in makingit feel not completely braindead. Class still gets way better as it goes on though

Status
Not open for further replies.