• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
So how or where do i go to do a grand company ra k 1 mission to unlo k my next promotion?
i am with the one in limsa.

angolo

Oct 28, 2017
Padova
Do your daily Leveling, Alliance Raid, and Main Scenario Roulettes for a ton of XP. The main scenario one takes awhile and is really boring, but you get a lot of XP for it. Also I do the Trial roulette. It rewards a decent amount of XP for the time it generally requires to complete. Doing those 4 alone should get you at least a level a day.

edit: Although the queue for the Leveling and Main Scenario Roulettes seems to have gotten longer recently, they're still worth doing. The Alliance Raid and Trial Roulettes have generally been under 5 minutes for me as a DPS.

I need to get to lv 55 MSQ where I left my dark knight, just 5 levels. So I'm going to do daily stuff as you suggest, thanks :) . I wanted to change because I saw a cool samurai somewhere and thought to change, but I want bring both job to level cap

Fates while in queue and working on your MSQ. Make friends with a tank or healer for faster queue times. Leve Quests were another way to level but I haven't used one of those for a DoW/DoM in forever. I usually save them for Crafting/Gathering.

Yep maybe in Coerthas or in the sea of clouds there're some fates I could try, I don't see many people doing them these days though...

Palace of the Dead is your friend if youre leveling a dps class to 60. Queue times might suck during off peak hours if you havent unlocked floor 51 - 60 (the leveling sweet spot), but once you unlock that it should be pretty quick to get in.

na.finalfantasyxiv.com

Deep Dungeon - The Palace of the Dead | FINAL FANTASY XIV, The Lodestone

Deep Dungeon - The Palace of the Dead

Takes about 35 runs for a fresh 50 - 60 if you have another class already at 60. XP is a set amount based on your current lv, the PotD floor you've cleared, and Armory bonus so dont worry about clearing all the trash inside the floor for xp. Your goal is to clear 51 - 60 as quick as possible so you can get your xp and do it again.

pgsdxt5cdvzy.png

Didn't know of the existence of the Palace, thanks for the tip ( now I understand why that area in Gridaina is always crowded lol )

A mix of Palace of the Dead, Beast Daily Quest and dailies roulettes is your best (and least boring way) to do it. You can just spam PotD 51-60 floors and probably will be faster... But is repetitive..

If you have your GC Squadron leveled up you can do 53 and 57 dungeon with them. Takes 20 minutes each run and you can level up in 2 or 3 runs each with the armory bonus. I'm leveling several jobs from 50 and this is what I'm doing:

- 50 to 53: PotD + daily beast tribes quest + alliance raid (alliance raid is the fastest for dps by far)
- 53 to 55: running 53 dungeon with GC squad
- 55 to 57: PotD + daily beast tribes quest + alliance raid
- 57 to 59: running 57 dungeon with GC squad
- 59 to 60:... Whatever you want lol do PotD for the last stretch try to queue to some roulette.

Beast tribes is not that great exp for the time invested (much better than normal side quests though!). But you can queue for other stuff while doing it and you can mix things a little bit (also the stories are simple but some are cute with world building)

Thanks for sharing your leveling routine. Beast daily quest give that much exp? never done them

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for sharing your leveling routine. Beast daily quest give that much exp? never done them
They're not massive exp but they're decent, and they're quick and easy to do. Good way to spend time while waiting for dungeon queues. Plus if you keep doing them you'll eventually unlock a mount and some other stuff.

Naru

May 11, 2019
How much of a pushover / joke are the HW and SB MSQ trials and dungeons right now? A friend is about to start HW and I am debating whether I should join him for the MSQ dungeons and trials.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The ones that were bad are still bad, but easier of course. IE: the 55/65ish zones will be awful if the tank is levelling. otherwise fine.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How much of a pushover / joke are the HW and SB MSQ trials and dungeons right now? A friend is about to start HW and I am debating whether I should join him for the MSQ dungeons and trials.

Most tank toolkits on 50 to 60 are quite poor for long trains, but HW dungeons doesn't have lots of trash and even not pulling half a dungeon and taking it slowly is not terrible loss of time.

SB is another story, specially 65 and 67 can be quite rough to run if you want super fast times. If tank is under geared I wouldn't even try it unless the whole party is super on point.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Wheeeee heavensward credits
Id completely forgot she was still alive and everything about her return was just handled too fast and imonwith little fanfare

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
I did indeed enjoy heavensward's story
Wouldnt say ot was mindblowing but it was entertaining and imo satisfying for the most part which is backed by wonderful voice acting

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Is Machinist a "fast" job? It feels fast, like I'm pressing a lot of buttons. And it feels faster since they removed "casting time" for machinists, so I can move and attack at the same time.

I can definitely tell that gunbreaker is a faster job than warrior.

What is the "slowest" job?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Is Machinist a "fast" job? It feels fast, like I'm pressing a lot of buttons. And it feels faster since they removed "casting time" for machinists, so I can move and attack at the same time.

I can definitely tell that gunbreaker is a faster job than warrior.

What is the "slowest" job?
Yes, MCH does a lot of weaving.

RDM is probably the slowest.

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming slowest is fewest buttons, WHM is probably the slowest job in the game, with BLM being the slowest DPS but slightly more active than WHM. Both come in at like 30 cpm in a zero downtime fight played really well ; Machinist is the same fight will be somewhere in the mid-40s for CPM, with NIN I think currently the most active at around 50. Most of the rest of the jobs fall somewhere in the mid 30s to low 40s range. That's all assuming ideal scenario and dead-on execution, but while I think you shave five to ten CPM off for what you're likely to see in more laid-back content the order shouldn't shift much.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Welp, I just accidentally bought 10 tomestones instead of 10 of those envelope things. Anything else to do with them, or do I just save them for alt jobs?

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Post ARR 2.0 pre Heavens questions:

What should I do with these tomes I get from clearing the dungeons? I have maxed out the amount I can carry.

I checked out the shops in Toll, doesn't seem there is a good selection of stuff. Weapons wise, there are only a couple available for my job that are better than the one I have right now, but I hesitate to complete it considering I'm going to be completing the weapon relic quest soon.

For the rest of the gear, I don't see anything really worthwhile. My gear level is 96 just from the stuff I got from the job questline in ARR and the gear I get from the msq.

Should I stack up on the poetics or those encrypted tomes or something in the meantime? Is there another storefront I'm missing? Does the inventory selection from the stores expand in due time?

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017

What should I do with these tomes I get from clearing the dungeons? I have maxed out the amount I can carry.

I checked out the shops in Toll, doesn't seem there is a good selection of stuff. Weapons wise, there are only a couple available for my job that are better than the one I have right now, but I hesitate to complete it considering I'm going to be completing the weapon relic quest soon.

For the rest of the gear, I don't see anything really worthwhile. My gear level is 96 just from the stuff I got from the job questline in ARR and the gear I get from the msq.

Should I stack up on the poetics or those encrypted tomes or something in the meantime? Is there another storefront I'm missing? Does the inventory selection from the stores expand in due time?
The Tomestones of Poetics are mostly spent on gear for Level 50, 60, and 70. For right now, you can buy Item Level 120 Ironworks gear from the vendor named Auriana in Mor Dhona. It will take you a good ways through Heavensward content before needing upgrades.

When you get to Level 60, you can do the same thing again, dump all your Poetics into Item Level 260 gear that will get you started in Stormblood, and again for 70 and Shadowbringers.

Last edited:

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

Relic weapons are mainly just glamour. The tomestone gear is raid-quality gear if you upgrade it and will last you 5 levels into the next expansion.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay all my crafters are 56/57. I crafted all the 55 gear on the left side so that plus the 55/56 main hand/offhand tools should be enough to carry me to 60 right? Cause I really don't want to craft anymore tools after that as I now there's one more set of tools to craft at 57/59.

angolo

Oct 28, 2017
Padova
I had my first 11 floors of palace of the dead done yesterday, I was going to proceed but i get a message telling me that my gear does not match the minimum requirements..what do I have to do ?!

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I had my first 11 floors of palace of the dead done yesterday, I was going to proceed but i get a message telling me that my gear does not match the minimum requirements..what do I have to do ?!
You can improve the POTD weapon and armor rating by opening silver chests that you come across on each floor. You may have to repeat sets of floors in order to be eligible for the next set.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honestly I should of been had e3s completed by now but I dedicated time to leveling Gathering and now Crafting which took away time from me raiding it's my own pace and I'm okay with it.

Also one day I hope that patch in support for the ds4 to control on pc like it does on the ps4 without the use of a third party app.

Last edited:

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Got all the armor I can out of Eden Normal. Need two more swords for the Tomestone. What do you actually do when you get it? Do you just use it and you get the weapon?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Got all the armor I can out of Eden Normal. Need two more swords for the Tomestone. What do you actually do when you get it? Do you just use it and you get the weapon?
Turn in 7 swords for a Lightweight Tomestone
Spend 1000 Tomes of Phantasmagoria for 10 Mowen's Tokens (envelope things)
Spend the 10 Mowen's Tokens and the Lightweight Tomestone to buy a Deepshadow Weapon

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
aaaaaah I had zero clue. Now that makes sense lol.

That's how they always do Tomestone weapons. In 5.2, it will be the same way. You'll need seven tokens from E8N and 1000 of the new Tomestone to buy the weapon. It's best to start saving up Tomestones around week five, so you can have 1000 to buy the tokens as soon as you get your seventh raid drop for the weapon Tomestone.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
What
in
the
fuck
is
this?
af368a479469111ef012048804822bd8.jpg

Did they run out of budget for the model or some shit? The moogles look poorly designed too.

Status
Not open for further replies.