• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
i just finished the ShB MQ

yeah this the pinnacle of MMORPG storytelling and i seriously doubt they'll ever surpass it

what an absolute fucking experience. this might rank in my top 5 JRPGS ever

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Started stormblood.
Early part isnt as interesting as heavensward start but i hope itll get better in time.
A bit bummed that enna only appears sfter finishing all msq since i was hopi g to use my alagan tomes to get the equipment :v

Anyways i aim to finish sb in 12ish days before my sub expires. Will do leveling duties as much as possible each day just so i dont get level blocked once i reach the last couple of missions xo

Lafiel

Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Just unlocked The Stone Virgil in ARR with my black mage at Level 41.

I'm starting to become super addicted to the game now. Can't stop thinking about it, and man does the game really pick up once you get past the filler MSQ from 30-35 it's just being constant awesomeness as soon as I've entered the Corthas Central Highlands can't wait to get to Heavensward.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017

I'm starting to become super addicted to the game now. Can't stop thinking about it, and man does the game really pick up once you get past the filler MSQ from 30-35 it's just being constant awesomeness as soon as I've entered the Corthas Central Highlands can't wait to get to Heavensward.
As someone currently in this very part of the game, be prepared for a bullshit crystal MSQ that will annoy the fuck out of you with how pointless most of it is.

DynamicSushy

Sep 7, 2019
people are wack when it comes to emet-selch

they really out there genuinely saying he wasn't evil and that it was understandable why he did that because he didn't consider us as people and we would have done the same.

literally just using emet-selch's argument and saying it makes sense to commit genocide on a galactic level and that was something selfless for him to do
Emet-Selch helps you see who the real psychopaths are

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I really like that all Shadowbringers side quests are what level you are. Going back and just doing a lot of the stuff I missed on my DRK, not efficient to level up but there are some really good stuff here.

Also
Emet-Selch is a fantastic character who you can fully understand his motivations so thoroughly and truly get why he is doing all the things he is doing but obviously aren't supposed to agree with. He's trying to bring back those long gone and you are trying to protect everyone who is there, simple as that.

I would hope anyone who played the game got the kind of obvious message of "protect and fight for those who are here as the world is falling apart" and not "genocide might be good under certain conditions"

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Whew, What a journey! 29 to 80 took me around the last 6 weeks to get through. Like everyone says, the story of Shadowbringers was amazing and I'm very glad for visiting Crystal Tower raids at the end of ARR in preparation for ShB. I never thought stories in MMOs could be this good.

It feels like I've been tunnel-visioning through the MSQ the whole time so far and now I finally have a moment to go explore and unlock stuff I missed along the way (like a fucking Cactuar minion, holy shit!). I can't believe I only found Hildibrand today, boy was I missing out lmao totally different tone to everything else thus far.

Also, celebrated hitting level 80 with a Fatter Cat and it was worth every penny.
JnSKh1C.png

Can't wait to find out what comes next!

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
holy shit

Now come get your weekly Eden drops and cap your tomestones every week with the rest of us, it's time to really hop onto the gear treadmill
That's the plan! I've only completed E1N so far and slightly nervous to see how the next one goes.

Talking of Eden drops, how does it work? I got a chest piece item after the fight and as far as I can see, I need 4 of them to trade in for an actual chest piece. So my question is, will E1N keep dropping those or is that it now until the reset? Also not sure how to obtain the weapon.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
You can get one token item per floor. And certain items need more than one token to receive the i450 piece.

The weapon is 7 weekly clears of E4N to trade for a Tomestone. That combined with 1,000 Tomestones of Phantasmagoria will get you a i460 weapon. You won't be able to upgrade that to i470 until you clear E3S or they unlock the item in the 24 man in patch 5.1X

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's the plan! I've only completed E1N so far and slightly nervous to see how the next one goes.

Talking of Eden drops, how does it work? I got a chest piece item after the fight and as far as I can see, I need 4 of them to trade in for an actual chest piece. So my question is, will E1N keep dropping those or is that it now until the reset? Also not sure how to obtain the weapon.

You can get one drop from each Eden raid each week. In older raid tiers certain tokens only dropped in certain raids, but in Eden any token can drop on any raid. So if you wanted a chest piece, you'd need to get a chest token in all 4 raids to do it in one week. Resets each Tuesday.

E4 also gives you a weapon token once per week. You can trade 7 of those tokens for a special tomestone in Eulmore, and then you need 1000 phantasmagoria tomes + the special tomestone to buy a 460 weapon with it.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

The below information is for Eden Normal. I don't do Savage level content because I'm a fuckin scrub, so you'll have to ask someone else if you want that info
You get one item per fight per week. You got a chest piece from E1N, and thus you cannot get any more drops from E1N until the weekly reset (Tuesdays at 4AM EDT, yes, the weekly reset is 7 hours earlier than the daily one for some reason).

The number of tokens you need for an item will be displayed in the item text. Here's a chart of what drops in what trial, along with how many tokens you need per piece.

The weapon requires 7 blades (which you get for clearing E4N each week, separate to the item drop you pick from E4N each week) and 1000 capped tomes.
but in Eden any token can drop on any raid.
This isn't true. E1N doesn't drop gloves, E3N doesn't drop belt or boots, E4N doesn't drop head or belt.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Wow, thanks for all the info!
Some more general info:
If you literally just hit level 80/finished ShB, you probably haven't played the two post-game level 80 dungeons yet. You should go do that, both because they're really fucking good and also because they drop ilvl430 accessories.

Here's what the overall gear treadmill looks like right now:
ilvl430 - left side + weapon provided via MSQ, accessories from the two endgame dungeons
ilvl440 - bought with Goetia, the uncapped tomestones
ilvl450 - bought with Eden Normal tokens
ilvl460 - bought with Phantasmagoria, the capped tomestones, of which you can only get 450 per week (weapon requires tomes and 7 E4N blades or drop from E2S)
ilvl470 - dropped in Eden Savage directly via coffers, bought via tokens dropped from Eden Savage (books), or you can augment Phanta gear via materials dropped from Eden Savage
ilvl475 - weapon only, dropped from E4S or bought via tokens dropped from E4S

Grexeno

Sorry for your ineptitude
Oct 25, 2017
Just experienced today the fact that you literally can't run Amdapor Keep because of all the bots.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman

If ur liking coerthas i think u will like the areas in heavensward and its msq
Haucherfant is a bro.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
When is the approx release month for 5.1? I stopped playing around week 3 of Savage and thinking if I should come back soon so I could continue getting tomes for gear. That way I won't be too behind on item level when new content drops.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
When is the approx release month for 5.1? I stopped playing around week 3 of Savage and thinking if I should come back soon so I could continue getting tomes for gear. That way I won't be too behind on item level when new content drops.
Brain Galaxy strat for 5.2 prep is to have 2k Phantasmagoria and 2k Goetia so you have an equivalent of 2,500 Phantasmagoria so you can craft yourself i480 gear at the start of 5.2

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Cleared E3S wasn't even gonna log on tonight but need to do something else after that damn Lions tie game. Sucks it was a one chest as someone already cleared for the week but I'll take it. First time I properly did black smokers as well. Well I guess I'll finally bang my head on e4s next week.

Naru

May 11, 2019
Some more general info:
If you literally just hit level 80/finished ShB, you probably haven't played the two post-game level 80 dungeons yet. You should go do that, both because they're really fucking good and also because they drop ilvl430 accessories.

Here's what the overall gear treadmill looks like right now:
ilvl430 - left side + weapon provided via MSQ, accessories from the two endgame dungeons
ilvl440 - bought with Goetia, the uncapped tomestones
ilvl450 - bought with Eden Normal tokens
ilvl460 - bought with Phantasmagoria, the capped tomestones, of which you can only get 450 per week (weapon requires tomes and 7 E4N blades or drop from E2S)
ilvl470 - dropped in Eden Savage directly via coffers, bought via tokens dropped from Eden Savage (books), or you can augment Phanta gear via materials dropped from Eden Savage
ilvl475 - weapon only, dropped from E4S or bought via tokens dropped from E4S
Don't forget the Titania Ex 450 weapon.

angolo

Oct 28, 2017
Padova
wanted to clear the binding coil of Bahamut but queue seems eternal :(
is it good content?

i'm on my way to level 57, doing MSQ in Heavensward and stuff. Flying mount is a blessing, and also fun, but the chokobo track is driving me insane: is there a way to stop it? I mean we have such beautiful ambient soundtracks, why I do have to listen to this agony every time i mount is not very clear to me.

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
is it good content?

i'm on my way to level 57, doing MSQ in Heavensward and stuff. Flying mount is a blessing, and also fun, but the chokobo track is driving me insane: is there a way to stop it? I mean we have such beautiful ambient soundtracks, why I do have to listen to this agony every time i mount is not very clear to me.

There's an option to disable mount music in the settings.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
is it good content?

Bahamut raids aren't in the Duty roulettes so no one ever really can get queues for them. You have to get a group yourself and that group usually will be unsynched so you can just get through it fast.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Ok, so I have finished A Realm Reborn last evening. I'm now on to post-ARR / pre-Heavensguard stuff. I must say I got a bit upset near the end with all the side quests I had to do. Like usually I kept doing the MSQ but every time I ended up somewhere, I would grab all the side quests near the MSQ and would do them all, only to discover that by doing them, I would unlock a shit tons more in the same area, a thing a kept happening until the very end. So by the end, I would just stop doing the side stuff other than quests with a small "+" on the icon.

Overall I had lots of fun. I especially love all the dungeon / event stuff. I have a few questions though, now that I'm done with ARR.

• I didn't level any trade job. Is it important to do so during the MSQ up until the very end of ShadowBringers? If I can skip it, I would rather do that since it is easily the worst part of any MMO for me.
  • I didn't do any reputation stuff either. Skippable?
  • To be clear, all I did was doing lots of side quests for a long time, stopped doing them near the end of ARR, and basically didn't focus on anything other than MSQ, dungeons and that about it.
  • Are there any requirement or any stuff I should absolutely do before hitting Heavensguard? I know about the Ironworks equipement but I don't mind grabbing new gears along the way during Heavensguard if it means accessing the Heavensguard content more quickly. Basically, anything I am missing out that will make me regret about it near the end of the MSQ?
I understand the ARR patches content are fairly beefy so I won't be getting into Heavensguard anytime soon so if there are some things that I should absolutely focus on, that you think of them as an absolutely necessity, please let me know :)

Oh, and in the end I think I'll stay a Bard until lvl80. I'm really starting to like what the job has to offer. Level 52 and counting :) The only issue I have is that, for now, at the level that I am right now, I feel underpowered when compared to other members in my party. I feel like I'm doing half of anyone's DPS at best. I've looked up at my future skills and it appears the RNG procs will get better with the enhanced, upgraded skills that I'll get moving from 60 towards 70.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
  • I didn't level any trade job. Is it important to do so during the MSQ up until the very end of ShadowBringers? If I can skip it, I would rather do that since it is easily the worst part of any MMO for me.
  • I didn't do any reputation stuff either. Skippable?
  • To be clear, all I did was doing lots of side quests for a long time, stopped doing them near the end of ARR, and basically didn't focus on anything other than MSQ, dungeons and that about it.
  • Are there any requirement or any stuff I should absolutely do before hitting Heavensguard? I know about the Ironworks equipement but I don't mind grabbing new gears along the way during Heavensguard if it means accessing the Heavensguard content more quickly. Basically, anything I am missing out that will make me regret about it near the end of the MSQ?
  • No, you don't need to level a crafter or gatherer unless you want to craft stuff or if you want to try to make money while doing so. Not at all required.
  • They give you unique mounts and minions and serve as a decent source of XP but not at all required
  • Don't do a ton of side quests (the ones not marked with a plus). Most aren't that interesting, and they aren't a great source of XP
  • You should absolutely do the Crystal Tower raid series, other than that not really

h8bit

Oct 26, 2017
Brooklyn, NY
Accidentally tanked E2N on my recently 80 Dark Knight because I wasn't paying attention to my gear equipped before i queued lol

..it went pretty well!

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
  • No, you don't need to level a crafter or gatherer unless you want to craft stuff or if you want to try to make money while doing so. Not at all required.
  • They give you unique mounts and minions and serve as a decent source of XP but not at all required
  • Don't do a ton of side quests (the ones not marked with a plus). Most aren't that interesting, and they aren't a great source of XP
  • You should absolutely do the Crystal Tower raid series, other than that not really

Thanks for the prompt reply. Regarding the raid series, can they be done using the queueing system, like, without actually setupping one with a guild? I am asking because I've yet to join a guild (Grand Company I think?). This is something I'd like to do shortly, but I'd like to join a guild that has a decent amount of player connected during the evenings, not a 5 man story from days to days :/

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the prompt reply. Regarding the raid series, can they be done using the queueing system, like, without actually setupping one with a guild? I am asking because I've yet to join a guild (Grand Company I think?). This is something I'd like to do shortly, but I'd like to join a guild that has a decent amount of player connected during the evenings, not a 5 man story from days to days :/

All normal/alliance raids except Bahumut series can be done via queue

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Yes, you can queue for the Crystal Tower raids.
Guilds are Free Companies. You should already be in a Grand Company (Maelstrom, Adders, or Flames).

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Yes. Anything but Savage or Ultimate can be done with the Duty Finder. 24 man raid is easy, especially Crystal Tower raids.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
All normal/alliance raids except Bahumut series can be done via queue
Yes, you can queue for the Crystal Tower raids.
Guilds are Free Companies. You should already be in a Grand Company (Maelstrom, Adders, or Flames).
Yes. Anything but Savage or Ultimate can be done with the Duty Finder. 24 man raid is easy, especially Crystal Tower raids.

Shit you guys are fast to provide an answer. I really appreciate it :)

I am so glad that most raids can be done by queueing and that they aren't all that hard. This will be a lfe changer for me. I used to raid during Classic/BC/FT days in WoW and it was so time consuming / complicated to get a proper group to do them. Now it feels all so easy to accomodate in one's life. So guilds are Free Company. Understood. Guess I might want to join one soon, huh? For the Bahamut events, anyway. Also, am I to understands that Crystal Tower raids are right along my alley (level wise)?

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Shit you guys are fast to provide an answer. I really appreciate it :)

I am so glad that most raids can be done by queueing and that they aren't all that hard. This will be a lfe changer for me. I used to raid during Classic/BC/FT days in WoW and it was so time consuming / complicated to get a proper group to do them. Now it feels all so easy to accomodate in one's life. So guilds are Free Company. Understood. Guess I might want to join one soon, huh? For the Bahamut events, anyway. Also, am I to understands that Crystal Tower raids are right along my alley (level wise)?
Crystal Tower is level 50 raid. People just brute force it.

AnansiThePersona

Started a revolution but the mic was unplugged
Oct 27, 2017
Hey where do I go to unload all this junk in my inventory? I've been letting it build up forever. There must a chest in a town somewhere.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey where do I go to unload all this junk in my inventory? I've been letting it build up forever. There must a chest in a town somewhere.

Huehuehue we wish..... No, there isn't. Sell what you don't need. Armor that you want for glamour use the glamour dresser in your inn. The Armoire can store seasonal stuff and Artifcat Armor. You can also use the Chocobo saddlebag to carry extra stuff......

...or spend that sweet hardarned real money on extra retainers.

Status
Not open for further replies.