• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
Hey all, just recently started playing within the last week and am new to MMO's, currently a lvl 8 gladiator. When should I start worrying about the more social aspects of the game, like actually interacting with other player's and the like?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Managed to clear about 20 MSQ in Stormblood so far. Was not as impressed with them as much as I did Heavensward, although the central theme is interesting
Go to Doma in order to coordinate a pincer attack of sorts against the Empire.
For some reason though I am not feeling the Japanese setting of SB :S

Gonna do a bunch of Roullete trials to mainly keep my levels up in order to not get level gated and hopefully beat this by the weekend ^o^.
I will do a few side raids I've unlocked though prior to my sub ending, and ensure that all Hildibrand stories are completed.

Oh and i keep forgetting to ask this but:
How do I get rid of the MP gauge? I don't ever need it and I wouldn't mind a long wide HP bar :P
I'm lvl. 64 Ninja so what should be my 'attack chains and combos', for lack of better terms.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all, just recently started playing within the last week and am new to MMO's, currently a lvl 8 gladiator. When should I start worrying about the more social aspects of the game, like actually interacting with other player's and the like?
You'll get your first dungeon quest around level 15 or so, but you can use the Duty Finder to put together a group for you instead of finding one yourself. Don't really need to interact with anyone before that.

Wild Card

Oct 26, 2017
You'll get your first dungeon quest around level 15 or so, but you can use the Duty Finder to put together a group for you instead of finding one yourself. Don't really need to interact with anyone before that.
Thanks, is there any reason to group with people outside of dungeon's? Or am I going solo most of the time?

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, is there any reason to group with people outside of dungeon's? Or am I going solo most of the time?
There are other activities that are group oriented, but certainly levelling you don't have any need to. It's more just being social if you want to. If you go to town you'll see tons of people just chatting etc.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Crafters are all 2 levels from 60 with Alchemy 59 and Culinary at 60. Debating on crafting the ironworks crafting gear before I move on to stormblood tier.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Eden normal cleared for the first time - just in time for the reset! Even managed to grab that Eden minor minion at the end.

Out of interest, how much harder are the Extreme Savage versions? I found Normal a bit of a pushover.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
One more level and I'll have everything at 60. I'll be glad to be able to take a break from leveling for a while.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Camped at a plot for 9 hours today. I was alone for 8 of those hours, and those hours were prime time too (12 through 20 hours after going on the market). Some guy with a macro came in at half an hour left and scooped it up. Not gonna lie, I'm hella tilted. Not just regular tilted but like SSGSS tilted. Fuck this housing system that will never get fixed because it's not a problem on Japanese servers (because they have like 25% more servers than NA while having a fraction of the population) and Yoshi-P and crew don't give a fuck about any problems exclusively on NA/EU servers

Eden normal cleared for the first time - just in time for the reset! Even managed to grab that Eden minor minion at the end.

Out of interest, how much harder are the Extreme Savage versions? I found Normal a bit of a pushover.
Everyone pretty much has the minion by now; if you weren't there it probably would have gone unclaimed.

Significantly harder.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

The first two savage fights are on par with more difficult EX primal fights (though e2s has a pretty brutal enrage requiring solid dps output).

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
The first two savage fights are on par with more difficult EX primal fights (though e2s has a pretty brutal enrage requiring solid dps output).
Just want to add on with E2S the enrage check shouldn't be too harsh if you have a i460 weapon now but the Quietus phase is absolutely fucking brutal.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I still haven't even gone into E2S the first time yet. I didn't even do E1S this week.

Cordelia

Jan 25, 2019
Done leveling DRK, WAR, and PLD, now leveling GNB. And oh my god GNB has too many skills it fucked up my hotbar.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone remember the time-frame after the previous expansions when we got a teaser or trailer for the X.1 patch? AKA is there any way I can be hopeful for a patch trailer around the time TGS takes place?

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Anyone remember the time-frame after the previous expansions when we got a teaser or trailer for the X.1 patch? AKA is there any way I can be hopeful for a patch trailer around the time TGS takes place?
TGS live letter will talk about 5.1 but there will likely be a second live letter that discusses the upcoming patch in october.

We have Nier 24 man, Ultimate, Extreme Primal Fight, Ninja Mudra Rework, and the PvP system rework not to mention what other content they intend to tease us with. We probably won't have a full patch trailer until october live letter.

Oct 25, 2017
TGS live letter will talk about 5.1 but there will likely be a second live letter that discusses the upcoming patch in october.

We have Nier 24 man, Ultimate, Extreme Primal Fight, Ninja Mudra Rework, and the PvP system rework not to mention what other content they intend to tease us with. We probably won't have a full patch trailer until october live letter.

Okay thanks for the info!

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
For the TGS liveletter we will probably get a patch name, artwork for the raids, a reveal of the ultimate raid and the next extreme trial and PvP stuff, probably no in game content, that will be the live letter after that

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
How do i access palace od the dead? I did its related mission but i dont understand how i am to reach lvl 50 in it

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
How do i access palace od the dead? I did its related mission but i dont understand how i am to reach lvl 50 in it

You have to talk with the NPC in Quarrymill. You select "Start with a matched pt" and then you will enter the dungeon with 3 other people. The dungeon uses and independent level system, so the level you have on PotD is not related to the lvl you have on the game.

How you lvl up is simple: Every time you complete 10 floors in PotD you get exp for your regular lvl. So basically keep completing PotD and you'll lvl up.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
The NPC is called "Wood Wailer Expeditionary Captain" if that helps. He doesn't have an icon above his head after you've talked to him once, so you just gotta know to talk to him afterwards.

Is there a benefit to doing it as a preformed group?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
You have to talk with the NPC in Quarrymill. You select "Start with a matched pt" and then you will enter the dungeon with 3 other people. The dungeon uses and independent level system, so the level you have on PotD is not related to the lvl you have on the game.

How you lvl up is simple: Every time you complete 10 floors in PotD you get exp for your regular lvl. So basically keep completing PotD and you'll lvl up.
Ah so in Quarrymill. I need to try and reach lvl. 70 quick merely to avoid being level gated. Thanks!

Made it to wanxia and I really like the overworld theme.

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
The NPC is called "Wood Wailer Expeditionary Captain" if that helps. He doesn't have an icon above his head after you've talked to him once, so you just gotta know to talk to him afterwards.

Is there a benefit to doing it as a preformed group?

Other than less chances of runs going completely wrong, I don't think so.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
This weeks Tales from the Shadows is real good. Definitely wasn't prepared for it.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yo hold up who is that wolf person that got recruited to hell with clean up duty in the village in wanxia, lok.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017

Don't forget the Ishgard restoration.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Haven't played XIV since the week Eden Savage came out so I'm a bit out of the loop with 5.1.

Are we expecting to get a date for 5.1 in the upcoming TGS live letter or will that come in the second part?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Finally. Everything is at 60. Now I can start unlocking the Garo titles and take all the low level gear out of my Armoury Chest.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
So I have a number of EX primal quests in my log now. Should I just bench them for max level? Doesn't really seem like they are worth doing via the duty finder given the social context of the game right now.

Also, the Heavansward Beast Tribe quests are kinda cool vignettes. Very MMO-like, but in a good way, like I feel a tangible impact on the world by doing them when I get the chance. At low levels, the reputation doesn't take long to build up too.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
So I have a number of EX primal quests in my log now. Should I just bench them for max level? Doesn't really seem like they are worth doing via the duty finder given the social context of the game right now.

Also, the Heavansward Beast Tribe quests are kinda cool vignettes. Very MMO-like, but in a good way, like I feel a tangible impact on the world by doing them when I get the chance. At low levels, the reputation doesn't take long to build up too.
Unless you *really* want something from them (weapon glams/mounts) you can shelve them until max level. You might even be able to solo them at 80 depending on which fight it is.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
People don't do Extreme primals through Duty Finder. It's a waste of time, if you try to queue them. People that do them, do them unsynced. Tuesdays are a good day to do them, since they're always in Wonderous Tails. There are always groups in Party Finder for older Extreme primals unsynced. Right now, most of the ARR Extreme primals can be done solo at 80. I've soloed all of them, except Ramuh Ex, at ilevel 450. Ramuh is impossible to solo on a DPS job with no healing abilities. There's too much damage in it.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I would force lvl 70-80 players to the Tactics raid and ban for one day those who abandon it. Fuck them all, I'm tired of fucking CT.
The problem is CT and LotA can be nuked in 20 minutes. Honestly they should force i110 sync on both of those.

Like I knew the tuning was bad when you could skip Glasya's platform jumping phase on release week. Nevermind 30 ilvs and 3 expansions later.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I actually quit being lazy and cleared E1S this week. I won the ring coffer from the fight. I just wish it didn't have Skill Speed on it. :/

The weirdest thing was everyone was screaming after the first wipe.

But nobody even bothered to write one sentence to explain mechanics.

And then half the raid quit after second wipe LOL

I'll always remember the Era run on day one of Orbonne where two people rage quit the FC because they wanted to hurry through it and everyone else wanted to go in blind.

Status
Not open for further replies.