• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashrak

The first two savage fights are on par with more difficult EX primal fights (though e2s has a pretty brutal enrage requiring solid dps output).

I wouldn't say that the enrage is brutal. Actually, the dps-requirement really lenient... but the final phase with Cycle of Retribution/Chaos can be really stressfull, especially as a caster. <points at my avatar> Luckily, my group entirely skips this phase since a while.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Think I've narrowed it down to two-ish potential jobs to main (for now). Was down to SAM/NIN/DRG/DNC. Pretty much eliminated SAM because the idea of introducing filler GCDs into the rotation just to keep your CDs aligned is so unintuitive that I lost all interest in playing it (even though I enjoy the job otherwise). NIN is pretty much out until the rework at least because I hate excessive double-weaving. That just leaves DRG and DNC. DNC is better geared but is the worst DPS right now, and DRG is in a pretty good spot. So I'll probably start spending Phantasmagoria on DRG unless the upcoming Live Letter convinces me otherwise.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"Nobody wants to play this game" rings very true after tanking for so long, lol. What gets me are all the passive-aggressive ways it manifests.

The weirdest thing was everyone was screaming after the first wipe.

But nobody even bothered to write one sentence to explain mechanics.

And then half the raid quit after second wipe LOL

My favorite interaction in this game remains somebody asking for the mechanics in Wiping City, and being obliged with the text macro.
Then someone else told them both to shut up and that the first person should have just watched a video. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

ParmeSean

May 14, 2018
Got to Stormy Horizons in E3S yesterday with my static, the whole while in tears. There were definately more jokes than doing mechancis going on

Off-tank: Shirks me
Me: WHY DID YOU SHIRK ME? YOU NEED TO TAKE THE NEXT TANK BUSTER
Rip Current targets me without Holmgang

kaiba.jpg

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Got to Stormy Horizons in E3S yesterday with my static, the whole while in tears. There were definately more jokes than doing mechancis going on

Off-tank: Shirks me
Me: WHY DID YOU SHIRK ME? YOU NEED TO TAKE THE NEXT TANK BUSTER
Rip Current targets me without Holmgang

At least you didn't stack with the party.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Alright so I've progressed a bit more yesterday. I didn't advance the MSQ all that much, but instead focused on side Quests "+" that allow access to Hard mode of dungeons etc. I still have many to do, but at the very least they are now unlocked and now all I have left to do is to complete them. Meanwhile, I've also purchased a bit of ironworks gears, mainly because I already had so much tomestones already, ready to be exchanged. I mainly focused on accessories since I had rather bad one and the ironworks replacement for the class set is better but not as much of an upgrade as what I got from replacing the accessories. Oh, and I also finally compled the relic weapon quest. Just got my Artemis Bow! Now I just discovered today that I can actually upgrade the weapon quite a bit and that I pretty much only completed step one. Next is Artemis Bow Zenith, which I think I need 3 Thavnarian Mist and then trade the bow and the mist for the new one?

Man I'm really getting excited about the game since I'm level 50. It's like the game "threw wide the gates" or something lol

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Yo hold up who is that wolf person that got recruited to hell with clean up duty in the village in wanxia, lok.
I don't think you got an answer to this, but in Yanxia the "Courage the Cowardly Lupin" introduces you to a Lupin named Kurobana. You find out some lore about them (a family of them have acted as the village's protectors for a long time until Garlean army conscription). Kurobana is brother to Hakuro, who is very loyal to Hien.
[Not sure where you are in the story so I'd leave it there.]

Edit: I think this is also their first OST release that they have an OST up on digital sales services upon release. It's up on Amazon.com, iTunes USA, and Google Play too for those who don't want BD.

Edit 2: Soken just confirmed no immediate Spotify/streaming releases.

Last edited:

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Yeah just did thst side quest. I did spot some lupin enemies so i expect to see more of that species. It did come to me as a surprise tho xp

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think you got an answer to this, but in Yanxia the "Courage the Cowardly Lupin" introduces you to a Lupin named Kurobana. You find out some lore about them (a family of them have acted as the village's protectors for a long time until Garlean army conscription). Kurobana is brother to Hakuro, who is very loyal to Hien.
[Not sure where you are in the story so I'd leave it there.]

Edit: I think this is also their first OST release that they have an OST up on digital sales services upon release. It's up on Amazon.com, iTunes USA, and Google Play too for those who don't want BD.

Edit 2: Soken just confirmed no immediate Spotify/streaming releases.

Soken why?

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
I'll always remember the Era run on day one of Orbonne where two people rage quit the FC because they wanted to hurry through it and everyone else wanted to go in blind.

Wow, that is a terrible reason to leave such a good FC lol.

I am finally a level 79 Machinist. Going to finish things off by clearing all my shared fates. It's actually a great way to level while waiting for queues.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Okay so I never knew until now that you can actually give your retainer a job class now. I guess I'll do that when I get home from work.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
Pretty lucky this week with my pug savage clears, knocked them all out in one night.

What's funny was with E4S the first run I usually don't pot until I see the group can have a decent chance clearing. We one-shotted the mofo with me royally screwed up my openers.

E1S pug clear continues to be a shitshow though lol.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Ok I just upgraded my Artemis Bow to Artemis Bow Zenith and now I just unlock the Zodiac Weapon quest to transform it into Artemis Bow Atma. It feels like a shitton amount of time to upgrade the weapon up to its final form. Even the next step, Atma, seems like a real time consumer. Should I keep doing it or it's better for me to skip along all this chain quest and focus on others because I might find much better weapons while doing Heavensguard content along the way? Am I basically only doing this right now for glamour? Am I wasting my time?

Maledict

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, it's for appearance purposes only. You absolutely find better weapons in the expansions (or indeed, but buying them with tomes).

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I just upgraded my Artemis Bow to Artemis Bow Zenith and now I just unlock the Zodiac Weapon quest to transform it into Artemis Bow Atma. It feels like a shitton amount of time to upgrade the weapon up to its final form. Even the next step, Atma, seems like a real time consumer. Should I keep doing it or it's better for me to skip along all this chain quest and focus on others because I might find much better weapons while doing Heavensguard content along the way? Am I basically only doing this right now for glamour? Am I wasting my time?
Zodiac weapons are only glamour. You can buy similar weapons from vendors in Heavensward.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Zodiac weapons are only glamour. You can buy similar weapons from vendors in Heavensward.

Thanks. In that case, I think I'll simply skip these quests for now and do them later when I'll be done with the MSQ or get bored. If they weren't so time consuming, I'd do them now but since they are, I'll put them on my backlog.

Thanks again!

KG

Banned
Oct 12, 2018
Alright, rocking my dark knight now:) Gotta level it to where my ninja left off so I can continue the msq as a dark knight in heavensward.

This is my first tank class ever, any tips for dark knight? Any grinding advice to quickly go from 30 to 50?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Don't you have to unlock it first in the relic quest before you buy it's replica?
Yeah, but I meant similar quality weapons as far as character strength, not glam-wise.

Previewing some of Shadowbringers OST, why is Gates of Paradise - The Garden of Ru'Hmet, Onslaught, and Turmoil included on it? Was there a FFXI crossover I missed in Stormblood?
Did you do
Baldesion Arsenal?

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Alright, rocking my dark knight now:) Gotta level it to where my ninja left off so I can continue the msq as a dark knight in heavensward.

This is my first tank class ever, any tips for dark knight? Any grinding advice to quickly go from 30 to 50?
If you haven't tanked before, I highly suggest learning by doing the Hall of Novice, and queueing as DRK in leveling roulette. Then do all the story dungeons as a DRK.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Previewing some of Shadowbringers OST, why is Gates of Paradise - The Garden of Ru'Hmet, Onslaught, and Turmoil included on it? Was there a FFXI crossover I missed in Stormblood?
Eureka was inspired and filled with callbacks to XI. It had gear, music, minions, mobs from it.

Is there a way for me to just play Shadowbringers if I've never played Final Fantasy XIV?
Yes but it'll cost cash to skip to that point in the story and you'll likely be completely lost on how to play and what the fuck is going on in the story cause it wasn't designed to be played standalone. I wouldn't recommend it.

They squashing some of the padding the base game story has next summer, might wanna wait for that and jump in when that patch is out.

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
You might have to open up your quest journal, look for any incomplete quests. Otherwise try to see where you left off in the quest chain.
Nothing shows up i the journal regarding it :s
I tried going back to where i last had a scene but there wasnt an npc to progress or trigger it :x
Will check one more time tho.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Hold on I need to talk about something
So I did this quest called " The past is a story we never tell " is one of the quests in the series of post moggle questions right. And to put it simply, it seems to be a story about like.. a gang cult and abuse. Like its specifically described as some weird cult where a male convinces a bunch of miquote that they can't live with out him . Some girls sends a letter to her sister trying to get her out so she can like ... leave and she just goes back with her abuser. And that's.. it. Like I guess the emotion they wanted me to feel is like "Oh its this unfortunate story about two sister torn apart " but i'm like concerned about this dude and his weird ass like cult of abuse and probably assault. And then the missions just... kinda ends and your character raises his hands up enthusiastically like " yeah I did it i'm a better post man " and i'm like " WHOAH WHAT IN THE COLD, THIS BETTER NOT BE THE END OF THIS " and I hope its not. Obviously this is like 2.1 writing and the writing espically with sensitive subjects has gotten way better. But this mission was too weird to talk not talk about

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Hold on I need to talk about something
So I did this quest called " The past is a story we never tell " is one of the quests in the series of post moggle questions right. And to put it simply, it seems to be a story about like.. a gang cult and abuse. Like its specifically described as some weird cult where a male convinces a bunch of miquote that they can't live with out him . Some girls sends a letter to her sister trying to get her out so she can like ... leave and she just goes back with her abuser. And that's.. it. Like I guess the emotion they wanted me to feel is like "Oh its this unfortunate story about two sister torn apart " but i'm like concerned about this dude and his weird ass like cult of abuse and probably assault. And then the missions just... kinda ends and your character raises his hands up enthusiastically like " yeah I did it i'm a better post man " and i'm like " WHOAH WHAT IN THE COLD, THIS BETTER NOT BE THE END OF THIS " and I hope its not. Obviously this is like 2.1 writing and the writing espically with sensitive subjects has gotten way better. But this mission was too weird to talk not talk about
Dunno about that questline specifically, but there are definitely some dark themes in some quests.

One of the profession quests (IIRC) has you deal with a father estranged from his ex-wife and their son and the mom is a drug addict trying to sell their kid into child labor for drug money.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno about that questline specifically, but there are definitely some dark themes in some quests.

One of the profession quests (IIRC) has you deal with a father estranged from his ex-wife and their son and the mom is a drug addict trying to sell their kid into child labor for drug money.
Darkness I don't mind, I actually really like it. The DRK storyline has you murdering people and then you assume its another person, but its you murdering a bunch of people. And the first series of murders IIRC implies that some presists have been trafficing children...for reasons.

My problem with this one is... I dunno it just seems handled in a very weird way. There's like no resolution, the sister makes it very clear the freedom that's being taken away. And the idea that the " King " is protecting them from something is so undefined it legit just seems like abusive tactcts abusers use to isolate people from their families and people who could protect them. I guess the idea is that my character was supposed to just leave well enough alone. But it seems like it would have been in eveyrone's benifit if I just stabbed the " King " on the spot. The push is that " She's doing bad things to protect her family " but there are ways to do that that do not invovle an entire other narrative that sounds a lot like cult culture and abuse which probably need to be handled with their own tact. And the character just goes back with thier abuser and my character is like " yay I did it "

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Just finished Doma Castle, so I'm nearing the endgame finally @_@
Rip Grynewaht, alas your namedays did not come all at once in your final moments you poor brute.

I still can't seem to get the next Hildibrand quest to appear :S
This is the final text that shows up in my journal for having clearing Sibling Strife
Your conversation with Phillice is interrupted by a scream from the direction of the vault. Racing to the scene, you come upon Miss Ellie and an unconscious Sultansworn, who a quick dash of demasking dust reveals to be none other than the thief of many faces. There is scarcely time to rejoice in this most unexpected and fortunate turn of events when a stumbling Hildibrand accidentally dumps a second sachet of dust on the fallen man's face, removing a second mask to reveal that he is indeed one of Phillice's men, after all. In the meantime, Ellie is nowhere to be found. Phillice is quick to take action, declaring the Mythril Eye reporter the phantom thief and sending her full contingent out to secure her arrest. And yet, in a case which has taken one surprising turn after the next, is everything as simple as it seems...?

That should mean that all events tied to that quest are cleared and I can move onto the next one. Yet Hildibrand, who I must speak for the next part of the quest, is nowhere to be found in Ul'dah to proceed :S

EDIT: Supposedly he must appear at
Ul'dah - Steps of Thal
  • X: 12.0 Y: 11.7

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
Ul'dah - Steps of Thal
  • X: 12.0 Y: 11.7
You're nearing end of Stormblood MSQ but you still have the patch MSQ and then Shadowbringers :)

I'm at work currently so I can't help but is it possible he's below or above where you're looking?

Edit: You should be going up staircases / ramps etc in Thal to go there? Can you post a screencap of where you're looking?

Tizoc

Oct 25, 2017
Oman
Edti- my ninja character atm-

14920376989431889920_iwkmb.png

You're nearing end of Stormblood MSQ but you still have the patch MSQ and then Shadowbringers :)

I'm at work currently so I can't help but is it possible he's below or above where you're looking?
I dont have shadowbringers anx will likely save it for next year
I am burnt out with the game after 2 months of playing it xp will at least do the post sb stuff even if it ends in a cliffhanger @3@

Silav101

Oct 26, 2017
JESUS CHRIST the Dark Knight quests just ooze quality. They make the other quests (some of.which are actually quite good) look like amateur hour.

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
JESUS CHRIST the Dark Knight quests just ooze quality. They make the other quests (some of.which are actually quite good) look like amateur hour.
Same person who wrote the DRK quests wrote portions of the ARR Coerthas quests, some of the 3.x Patch MSQ quests, half of the Stormblood MSQ quests, and all of the Shadowbringers MSQ quests.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I finally realized after ages of sending my poor Grand Company Squadron Recruits on missions where there wasn't a guarantee of success that you can train them to improve their stats. Seems pretty basic, but......

Now they are stuck doing pushups 24/7 though =).

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I finally realized after ages of sending my poor Grand Company Squadron Recruits on missions where there wasn't a guarantee of success that you can train them to improve their stats. Seems pretty basic, but......

Now they are stuck doing pushups 24/7 though =).
You can do some push-ups alongside them in solidarity if you do 10 command missions with them.

I really hope the Squadron level cap gets raised to 70 (hopefully alongside some new GC ranks), I've had a full squad at cap for a long ass time now

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Real talk the music in the namazu beast tribe area in Azim Steppe sounds like it came straight out of Mystical Ninja.

OP
OP
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Same person who wrote the DRK quests wrote portions of the ARR Coerthas quests, some of the 3.x Patch MSQ quests, half of the Stormblood MSQ quests, and all of the Shadowbringers MSQ quests.
I saw her speak live at PAX East two years ago, was so excited as a big fan of the DRK questline. It's really fitting she went from DRK quests to Shadowbringers main quest. I hope she writes for the main scenario for a long time.

Kanokare

Nov 10, 2017
Based on what the FAQs has, it's still not possible to have the steam version if I own the non-steam windows Heavensward version? Other than using the Trial to play.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.