• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Hey y'all I've played FF14 only a little on and off for a few years. I've got a level 35 Arcanist and now 35 Scholar too.
I have a dumb noob question:

I saw in my abilities that at level 35 I would learn Succor but it says ability not learned.
so I googled it and apparently you have to talk to an NPC in Limsa at the Marauders guild?!?!?
I was surprised - how would I ever know to do this lol? There is nothing in my quests except to go to Haukke Manor for main story?

Also, I am lonnnnnnely!! I want to join a Free Company or guild not sure the name. I'm on Excalibur. Does ERA have a guild there? If not how do I get to the server you all are on?

thanks for helping I haven't played in months and am trying to remember how to even play!

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Before I spend 1000 tomes of phantasmagoria on getting the ilvl 460 weapon, I was wondering would it be a waste to do it now so close to patch 5.1? I would be pissed if an upgrade dropped easily from the new dungeon or 24-man raid.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Hey y'all I've played FF14 only a little on and off for a few years. I've got a level 35 Arcanist and now 35 Scholar too.

I saw in my abilities that at level 35 I would learn Succor but it says ability not learned.
so I googled it and apparently you have to talk to an NPC in Limsa at the Marauders guild?!?!?
I was surprised - how would I ever know to do this lol? There is nothing in my quests except to go to Haukke Manor for main story?

Also, I am lonnnnnnely!! I want to join a Free Company or guild not sure the name. I'm on Excalibur. Does ERA have a guild there? If not how do I get to the server you all are on?

thanks for helping I haven't played in months and am trying to remember how to even play!
You would know because you've been doing it since lvl 1? Every 5 levels, you talk to your class/job trainer. At 15 and 30, you get skills, then every 5 levels until HW, then every 2 levels until SB, then at lvl 70, then you don't need to anymore until 80.

It should show your job quests under your MSQ in the scenario guide thing.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018

You get some Job abilities by doing the related Job questline. The NPC you need to talk to is the exact same one who gave you the quest to unlock the Scholar job in the first place. From now on, he is going to be giving you new Scholar quests every few levels up through level 70. You need to do these in order to unlock both job abilities and your job's artifact gear.

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ptolemaios
Before I spend 1000 tomes of phantasmagoria on getting the ilvl 460 weapon, I was wondering would it be a waste to do it now so close to patch 5.1? I would be pissed if an upgrade dropped easily from the new dungeon or 24-man raid.
You aren't gonna get a better weapon unless you do the new extreme primal which will drop 465 weapons, or you complete Savage

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

At lv 30 the class quests conclude and introduce you to a job quests giver that begins by giving you a job stone. Every 5 levels until 50 then every 2 until lv 70 a new job quest is available, sometimes they just give xp other times they also give job abilities and job gear.

if you have the Main Scenario guide enabled, it'll show you the next main scenario quest and right underneath it in a smaller font the next available job quest. Clicking on either will open up the map and show you where the one you clicked begins.

ffxiv_05022019_224945_221.png

If you wanna join us on Ultros you'll either need to make a new character there or use the server transfer option on mogstation (cost $18 iirc).

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Won't happen, odd numbered patches are catchup/poverty gear patches for people who don't do savage raids. Even numbered patches are the ones with new raid tiers and ilv cap increases.

The dungeon will have gear lower than 460, 24 man raids don't have weapons but will have tokens you can trade in for the 460 upgrade items to turn them into 470, the Ultimate raid is just glamour gear, and the ex trial will drop a 465 weapon but you won't be able to upgrade it to 470 like the tome weapon. Basically the capped tome gear is something that last 6 months until the next savage raid releases.

Last edited:

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
That daily grind of Leveling, Main Scenario, and Alliance roulette's is wearing thin lol. But hopefully just a week more of it (at level 74).

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
You get some Job abilities by doing the related Job questline. The NPC you need to talk to is the exact same one who gave you the quest to unlock the Scholar job in the first place. From now on, he is going to be giving you new Scholar quests every few levels up through level 70. You need to do these in order to unlock both job abilities and your job's artifact gear.
At lv 30 the class quests conclude and introduce you to a job quests giver that begins by giving you a job stone. Every 5 levels until 50 then every 2 until lv 70 a new job quest is available, sometimes they just give xp other times they also give job abilities and job gear.

if you have the Main Scenario guide enabled, it'll show you the next main scenario quest and right underneath it in a smaller font the next available job quest. Clicking on either will open up the map and show you where the one you clicked begins.

ffxiv_05022019_224945_221.png

If you wanna join us on Ultros you'll either need to make a new character there or use the server transfer option on mogstation (cost $18 iirc).
Thanks y'all! Lol this is a combo of me not playing for a long time plus I don't have the main scenario thing on!
Is the guild pretty active? I'm cool paying to transfer to have ppl to play with :)

Cirrus

Oct 25, 2017
As a fresh level 80 GNB, I have no idea how you are meant to earn Gil in this game. Are there any mob drops I can farm?

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
You aren't gonna get a better weapon unless you do the new extreme primal which will drop 465 weapons, or you complete Savage
Won't happen, odd numbered patches are catchup/poverty gear patches for people who don't do savage raids. Even numbered patches are the ones with new raid tiers and ilv cap increases.

The dungeon will have gear lower than 460, 24 man raids don't have weapons but will have tokens you can trade in for the 460 upgrade items to turn them into 470, the Ultimate raid is just glamour gear, and the ex trial will drop a 465 weapon but you won't be able to upgrade it to 470 like the tome weapon. Basically the capped tome gear is something that last 6 months until the next savage raid releases.
Thanks a bunch for the info! Looks like I'll pick up the new weapon next week.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I have 115 moogle tomes and I have zero desire for the shiba earrings. Maybe I'll just blow it on mounts

ExKage

Sep 9, 2019
As a fresh level 80 GNB, I have no idea how you are meant to earn Gil in this game. Are there any mob drops I can farm?
If you're not gathering or crafting, the best ways you can get gil are using your tomestones or grand company seals to buy certain materials to sell onto the marketboard. You can also run Extreme Primals with farming groups so that you can take those drops and sell them if they're profitable.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017

Make sure to send both retainers out to get items. Quick Ventures can net you some very expensive and rare items. It can also get you a fish so it's pretty random. The other day my retainer brought me back two pots of Jet Black dye. Sold each for 350k.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
After hitting 80 on Astrologian last night, I've now brought all healers from 1-80 after finishing ShB. I kind of like them all in their own unique ways, I think all of the ShB dungeons are equally fun to heal through, since even the basic mobs hit so hard.

I think AST took the longest to start becoming fun, but once it caught up, I have no real preference on which healing job to play. The cards feel really clunky to deal with until you get Sleeve Draw.

I'm going to miss the instant dungeon queues, but I think Dancer will be the next job I focus on leveling.

TheMan

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I definitely have a love/hate relationship going on here. The story can be interesting with cool quests and badass fights, but then it can easily devolve into a stretch of contrived fetch quests that really make no sense for a hardened level 50 warrior to do. Like, my dude has practically slayed gods and you want me to fetch bottles of wine or deliver this letter? Fuck you.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
I definitely have a love/hate relationship going on here. The story can be interesting with cool quests and badass fights, but then it can easily devolve into a stretch of contrived fetch quests that really make no sense for a hardened level 50 warrior to do. Like, my dude has practically slayed gods and you want me to fetch bottles of wine or deliver this letter? Fuck you.
LMAOOOOOO

Im assuming you're doing 2.x quests? if so just power through it and it should get better on 2.4 and never lets go

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
What, think you're a hot shot now do you? (The filler does get a lot less in number in the expansions)

Astral

Oct 27, 2017

On the other hand, I legit enjoyed the quests where Tataru was trying to find her calling, as dumb as they were.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
That daily grind of Leveling, Main Scenario, and Alliance roulette's is wearing thin lol. But hopefully just a week more of it (at level 74).

I've spent months leveling everything to 60 so I could get all the Garo titles and then one of each role to 80 for the role quests. I'm sick of levelling. I've got to get tank to 80 in less than two weeks. After that, I don't want to touch a daily roulette until I need tomestones in 5.2.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I've spent months leveling everything to 60 so I could get all the Garo titles and then one of each role to 80 for the role quests. I'm sick of levelling. I've got to get tank to 80 in less than two weeks. After that, I don't want to touch a daily roulette until I need tomestones in 5.2.

I just got WHM, AST, and PLD to 80. Still need NIN, SAM, RDM, MNK (all 70), DNC, and , GNB. Kinda curious about MCH and DRG too. I'm lucky to even play 2 hours a day these days. I'm a masochist.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017

There's getting everything to 80 for the amaro mount though. :)

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I've gotten a FC invite from the same person every night for the last week. Time to use blist. I should make my own FC so people will leave me alone!

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
You're a madman for doing main scenario roulette at all.

Well the thing with MSQ Roulette is once you know the mechanics it's pretty mindless content (not unlike PoTD/HoH) so it's really easy to multitask with. I listen to a podcast, watch lectures for work, Netflix, etc. MSQ roullette is basically background noise at this point while I do something else I'm actually interested in (or need to do), while I get the benefit of a decent chunk of XP for an alt job.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Finally have my crafters (except CUL) at 71.
These levels are WAY easier than anything preceding them, lol

Overall I would say the Heavensward levels were the most tedious ones for me. ARR was just long and lacked all the necessary abilities, and Stormblood levels weren't that bad.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
I didn't realize I needed 30 Feast wins for that gold mount... I thought it was 10 like the other one, haha. I don't think I'll make it unless I make a concerted push to do it on a weekend or something. Even with short queue times I can't really reliably win, so it's kinda up in the air how long it might take. SMN is kinda a beast in PvP though, you get your pet out and they really just blow stuff up. I mean you've barely any survivability, so I guess you make up for in that way, but at least you can nuke things down every once in a while.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
This game is so dead I can't even farm the moogle event, doesn't help that our government if fucking us over with the internet too.
I didn't realize I needed 30 Feast wins for that gold mount... I thought it was 10 like the other one, haha. I don't think I'll make it unless I make a concerted push to do it on a weekend or something. Even with short queue times I can't really reliably win, so it's kinda up in the air how long it might take. SMN is kinda a beast in PvP though, you get your pet out and they really just blow stuff up. I mean you've barely any survivability, so I guess you make up for in that way, but at least you can nuke things down every once in a while.
It isn't really bad, I farmed mine in a few days, though I play a healer which is easier to carry.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Finally have my crafters (except CUL) at 71.
These levels are WAY easier than anything preceding them, lol

Overall I would say the Heavensward levels were the most tedious ones for me. ARR was just long and lacked all the necessary abilities, and Stormblood levels weren't that bad.
While I ultimately just want to get the crafters up to 80 so i can make money and such I'm just glad that I can repair gear myself now.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm planning to get all jobs to 80 so yeah I'm a madman. Right now I have 8 jobs at 80 and 3 at 70+ so it just a matter of a few months more. But certainly I'm getting a break at some point from the game lol

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
How long does it take to level an alt job? I'm going through 3.4 MSQ with my monk but once I'm up to date with MSQ I wanna try ranged DPS and healing.
Healer and tanks should be faster since you get quick dungeon queues. DPS gonna take longer for queues (except alliance) but there PoTD and HoH for that

Status
Not open for further replies.