• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
At least for level 80 dungeons in expert roulette, that just sounds like you're wasting people's time. It's especially annoying as healer when a DPS is semi afk or not AOEing, since they're not the ones who have to deal with the problems from that.

If not expert dungeons then yeah, it's whatever but even in leveling dungeons it can be a bit iffy.

Again: this is why I like trusts. Because if I'm not in the mood for playing at someone else's pace, I don't have to.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
At least for level 80 dungeons in expert roulette, that just sounds like you're wasting people's time. It's especially annoying as healer when a DPS is semi afk or not AOEing, since they're not the ones who have to deal with the problems from that.

If not expert dungeons then yeah, it's whatever but even in leveling dungeons it can be a bit iffy.
Again: this is why I like trusts. Because if I'm not in the mood for playing at someone else's pace, I don't have to.
But the pace is literally the same for the most part. And if you're going "semi-AFK" while playing than you're kind of the problem with group content. I get that's why you enjoy trusts, and I get not wanting to play at other people's pace, but literally saying "Nah bro I'm playing this MMO to get carried" then you're someone I don't want to run content with lol.

This is especially silly considering AOE is DEFINITELY easier to pull off than single target dps rotations are 90% of the time, so you don't even have to put in "more effort" to aoe, you just have to...do it.

I get not wanting to pull the whole dungeon but especially if you're DPS you're waiting all that queue time to make things more difficult on other players and that seems kinda shitty. Tanks and Healers not wanting huge pulls I get, but DPS you're literally just spinning the wheels during a mob fight.

Last edited:

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
But the pace is literally the same for the most part. And if you're going "semi-AFK" while playing than you're kind of the problem with group content. I get that's why you enjoy trusts, and I get not wanting to play at other people's pace, but literally saying "Nah bro I'm playing this MMO to get carried" then you're someone I don't want to run content with lol.

This is especially silly considering AOE is DEFINITELY easier to pull off than single target dps rotations are 90% of the time, so you don't even have to put in "more effort" to aoe, you just have to...do it.

I get not wanting to pull the whole dungeon but especially if you're DPS you're waiting all that queue time to make things more difficult on other players and that seems kinda shitty. Tanks and Healers not wanting huge pulls I get, but DPS you're literally just spinning the wheels during a mob fight.

I was literally saying this is why I use trusts. I don't always want to play at RUSH MODE ACTIVATE, so when I'm not in that mood I play with the AI so I can like stop for a few minutes before a boss fight or answer a text and not feel like the internet wants to murder me and eat my internal organs.

Bit_Reactor

Banned
Apr 9, 2019
I was literally saying this is why I use trusts. I don't always want to play at RUSH MODE ACTIVATE, so when I'm not in that mood I play with the AI so I can like stop for a few minutes before a boss fight or answer a text and not feel like the internet wants to murder me and eat my internal organs.
Anecdotal evidence aside, I've run with a lot of really bad dps and never seen anyone vocally or text wise shit on a dps for not doing enough (partly because it's against ToS). But again, unless you're a healer or a tank, it's in your favor to "rush mode" the dungeon because you get to do big numbers at no added detriment to you as a dps, unless you're literally stressed out just because there's 2-3 mobs instead of one. Nothing really changes for dps in this scenario, and I've picked up lore multiple times in dungeons like Twinning easily because I just said "hey there first time so I'm picking up lore on my way through" and screenshotted the little bits and enjoyed my time there.

And even so when I've had to step away from the PC after a fight it's usually easy to say "one sec" and come back. I mean again, anecdotes and everyone has worst case scenarios and terrible experiences they can pull from, but I just don't see that being the norm.

I dunno out of all MMO communities I've just never seen this one get terrible about people wanting to enjoy the game and move at their pace, but especially if you're shouldering zero burden during it, it seems odd to complain about. I appreciate and like trusts and get why you like them too, but to say it's "rushed" or something seems to be overblowing it, especially for a dps.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Anecdotal evidence aside, I've run with a lot of really bad dps and never seen anyone vocally or text wise shit on a dps for not doing enough (partly because it's against ToS). But again, unless you're a healer or a tank, it's in your favor to "rush mode" the dungeon because you get to do big numbers at no added detriment to you as a dps, unless you're literally stressed out just because there's 2-3 mobs instead of one. Nothing really changes for dps in this scenario, and I've picked up lore multiple times in dungeons like Twinning easily because I just said "hey there first time so I'm picking up lore on my way through" and screenshotted the little bits and enjoyed my time there.

And even so when I've had to step away from the PC after a fight it's usually easy to say "one sec" and come back. I mean again, anecdotes and everyone has worst case scenarios and terrible experiences they can pull from, but I just don't see that being the norm.

I dunno out of all MMO communities I've just never seen this one get terrible about people wanting to enjoy the game and move at their pace, but especially if you're shouldering zero burden during it, it seems odd to complain about. I appreciate and like trusts and get why you like them too, but to say it's "rushed" or something seems to be overblowing it, especially for a dps.

I play gunbreaker too. And I have had more than one party whine that my pulls weren't big enough.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I get more annoyed with healers that want to play god than I do bad dps or single pull tanks. I can compensate for others' lack of dps, I can't compensate for a selective dickish healer.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Trusts, not so much as leveling tools but to learn dungeons for the first time and also it got some nice interactions between the scions. The last one, had some hilarious conversations between Alisae and Alphi.

Trusts are a waste of time. I can queue for a dungeon, wait my 10-15 minutes, and usually do the dungeon with randoms faster than I could with Trusts.

A normal dungeon run takes like 20 minutes, trusts takes 30 minutes. I mean, I prefer too do dungeons with other people as possible but that's not the argument.

(also lately 70+ dungeons takes way more than 10 mins wait times as DPS)

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Changed from Catboi to Elfboi, enjoying my current uniqueness, as no one is elezen in Goblin.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
They really need to change how level syncing works. Finally hit 80 Black Mage and man it's great fun in the later levels, but roulettes are a real pain in the ass with the rotation changing all the time.

Just readjust stat syncing and let people have all the skills they've earned on the job thus far.
Do you have any idea how often I try to cast Despair at the end of my Fire rotation and nothing happens except Enochian runs out

Village

Oct 25, 2017
9IAEPcT.png

got the jacket

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I did my first dungeon as GNB and it feels slow and clunky. Do I just have to get used to it?

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Right now NIN feels like the opposite side of the coin to RDM. It's a melee combatant with a strong, but limited spell casting side gig that gives burst and utility. It's an amazingly fun class to play right now and feels very hybrid-esque.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I just finished the MSQ. It still bothers me that they always say "In the First" or "In the Source". It seems mor natural to say "On" instead of "In".

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I just finished the MSQ. It still bothers me that they always say "In the First" or "In the Source". It seems mor natural to say "On" instead of "In".
My interpretation is that each shard exists in its own reality inside the greater multiverse ruled by hydaelyn, which is itself a space time bubble in actual space.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I am currently in the patches for Stormblood. I just did a mission where I play as Alphinaud (!!), and some new people just introduced themselves as Chasseurs d'ombres ("Shadow hunters"). Is that what they are called in English?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I am currently in the patches for Stormblood. I just did a mission where I play as Alphinaud (!!), and some new people just introduced themselves as Chasseurs d'ombres ("Shadow hunters"). Is that what they are called in English?
The head guy tells you to just call him "Shadowhunter", not necessarily the whole group.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well so far since getting all crafters to 80 I crafted the Faucet hat, pants and chest. I'm about to craft the BSM main and off hand then I think that will be enough for today.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I get more annoyed with healers that want to play god than I do bad dps or single pull tanks. I can compensate for others' lack of dps, I can't compensate for a selective dickish healer.

If healing you means I lose a GCD of Glare I'm going to go with the glare.

At least with WHM I can throw out afflatuses and get a net DPS increase from misery but uh. Use the healing from Sacred Soil, Asylum, and Earthly Star and stay close enough to get AOE heals please.

Do you have any idea how often I try to cast Despair at the end of my Fire rotation and nothing happens except Enochian runs out
3af5ca952a8ecdfb8279c860ab39ac22.jpg

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
I know it's not the hardest thing to do as a tank but very happy I managed to survive my second run of the Nier raid without dying once. My whole Alliance but me wiped once haha.

I got my tank gloves and also my 2B outfit.

But holy fuck, fuck those players who hold off on rolls in hope that people leave. I hate them so much.

Also, the tick rate can really be annoying at times. Like you clearly walked out of the attack before the aoe thing went away but still get hit regardless.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Also, the tick rate can really be annoying at times. Like you clearly walked out of the attack before the aoe thing went away but still get hit regardless.
The game has been pretty good about hit detection since the whole shinanigans that happened with 2.0. I think one of the attacks on the last boss have a weird delay on it. (The one that targets some squares)

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
The game has been pretty good about hit detection since the whole shinanigans that happened with 2.0. I think one of the attacks on the last boss have a weird delay on it. (The one that targets some squares)

I think the squares is fine. The ones that confused me where the Front/Back attack and the Aerial bullets down one lane attacks. Cause In both cases I clearly moved before the things hit me but the game kept registering me as being hit. Though this was primarily a problem with the latter attack and not the former which only happened once.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka

At least with WHM I can throw out afflatuses and get a net DPS increase from misery but uh. Use the healing from Sacred Soil, Asylum, and Earthly Star and stay close enough to get AOE heals please.

I think the only players that consistently stay in those AoE heals are other healers on their alts. lol

I know it's not the hardest thing to do as a tank but very happy I managed to survive my second run of the Nier raid without dying once. My whole Alliance but me wiped once haha.

I got my tank gloves and also my 2B outfit.

Awesome! Which tank are you using?

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
PLD, been so since launch. Won't ever main anything else. (Except for that very brief period during the 2.X's where I mained monk for a bit cause I was tired of tanking)

I thought it might be that.
Looking to try tanking after I finish SCH, but was thinking about GNB as my friend already mains PLD. Does PLD have the best support options? And is there a Roman gladiator glamour? lol

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Looking to try tanking after I finish SCH, but was thinking about GNB as my friend already mains PLD. Does PLD have the best support options? And is there a Roman gladiator glamour? lol

Yes, compared to the other tanks you can totally make your character look very Roman Gladiator.

Personally, you should also main PLD.

There is too many Gunbreakers currently and clogging up tank queues.

Don't be part of the problem, join Paladin today!

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why Rathalos on trial roulette gives so much exp? Is like 30 or 40% of a level, is that new? Is the second consecutive day I got it and I guess is a thing now (or already was and I was unlucky all this time)

Yeah, definitely PLD has more defensive support actions that others tanks.

Naru

May 11, 2019
I thought I would get more out of this patch. It gets harder and harder to justify the 11 bucks every few months if I just play it casually for a week and then stop. It's not about the money, I just hate paying for stuff I barely use. Maybe I am just not feeling it anymore...
I just don't care anymore for Zenos and restoring another settlement etc. The "how we get our heroes back from the first" is cool but the rest is just not interesting enough.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Why Rathalos on trial roulette gives so much exp? Is like 30 or 40% of a level, is that new? Is the second consecutive day I got it and I guess is a thing now (or already was and I was unlucky all this time)
Its been that way. Rathalos and Steps of Faith trials give insane amounts of exp for the trial roulettes. The latter used to be challenging prior to getting beaten within an inch of its life with the nerf stick.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
I thought I would get more out of this patch. It gets harder and harder to justify the 11 bucks every few months if I just play it casually for a week and then stop. It's not about the money, I just hate paying for stuff I barely use. Maybe I am just not feeling it anymore...
I just don't care anymore for Zenos and restoring another settlement etc. The "how we get our heroes back from the first" is cool but the rest is just not interesting enough.
if the story bits is the only stuff you care about in the game then you should cancel now and come back in a year or so

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

The star of the patch is the Nier raid, which is absolutely delightful if you are a fan of the game, but nothing much else. The main story is at the start of a new arch so is slow.

I'm still leveling alt jobs so I don't need much content (until I grow tired of the game), but if I would basically wait a few months for the story to develop and subscribe again if I was you.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I say this sincerely and seriously. You should probably unsub and come back when they do free weekend/weeks until you see content that interests you. The story content won't take that long to go through and if you're ilv460 you'll be good for at least patch 5.4

5.25 will bring relic/ShB version of Eureka. 5.35 will bring the continuation of Heaven on High. 5.3 will be the finale of Shadowbringers post content and 5.4/5.5 will set up what's to come with 6.0

If you just want more MSQ though unsub and wait for free sub periods and you'll be set for 6.0

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017

I don't mean efficient healers who do their job, I mean the ones that will let you stay dead for half the fight from one death and let be known that they command the party above all others. Leaving a dead dps and focusing on your own is worse dps output than raising said dead member asap. It's one thing if they're always standing in aoe, it's another if you think you should only have to use ogcds on occasion and click your teeth at a death.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Not looking forward to running Nier this week now that it's been out a week and alliances will bitchy and vote abandon at the first wipe.

I feel like a maschocist watching a streamer I follow on Twitch play through the final bit of ARR and beginning of HW. They bitched the entire time about how stupid and poorly written the final sequences of 2.55 was and constantly complain about all of he ranged DPS gear sets.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
RDM Melding - getting conflicting info, though I'm sure either way is better than nothing. What's priority? I've seen Crit > Direct Hit > Determination but also seen Direct Hit > Determination > Crit.

I'm pretty clueless to melding in general, but figured I'd ask for a quick confirmation.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Not looking forward to running Nier this week now that it's been out a week and alliances will bitchy and vote abandon at the first wipe.

I feel like a maschocist watching a streamer I follow on Twitch play through the final bit of ARR and beginning of HW. They bitched the entire time about how stupid and poorly written the final sequences of 2.55 was and constantly complain about all of he ranged DPS gear sets.
That was the best part of A Realm Reborn o_o

Status
Not open for further replies.