• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
People are really having trouble with the Grand Cosmos first boss and sometimes the final boss. This is how expert needs to be done.
Meh I really don't like the brooms, the aoes are very unclear and the way it should be done is also not very obvious, it's just pretty messy overall for a fight that's otherwise super simple and not interesting. Other 2 bosses are kinda meh. Also not a big fan of the theme(both the actual dungeon theme, it feels too similar to Dohn Mheg part 2, which I guess makes sense but still, and the music theme which isn't particularily memorable). Overall I find the dungeon to be pretty forgetable.

It has unique gear though so that's a plus, even if a lot of the pieces are "ruined" by having stupid tails, wish that was a /visor-like mechanic, I like the tanking chest but no way I run around with a wolf tail.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Think I might level healers through Frontlines. Funnily enough, I actually enjoy it and don't feel that crushing sense of personal responsibility that I normally get from PvE. Playing healer in PvP, you have a limited rep of spells so it's much more about soft skills and situational awareness.
Doing the same. I have to say... Frontlines is tons of fun right now. Feels like they have a very good balance when it comes to number of skills but only tried healing so far. I grinded it A LOT when it released in ARR but barely touched it again until now. It also feels like more people are playing than before, I hope it stays that way even after people have all pieces of the new pvp armor because I enjoy this way too much to not play it on a daily basis. Still feel like the PvP armor could cost more marks, you barely need to grind for it.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Grand Cosmos isn't well designed in terms of visual cues. The brooms have much larger hitboxes than their model suggests and there's nothing on the ground to clarify that. The ground AOEs on the final boss start out as really thin lines that are potentially not immediately obvious if you have spell effects for your party on, so you might not notice them unless you remember when they come out.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
ffxiv_11052019_224504bljip.png

Used up all my luck for a while

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Is everyone just assuming people who reroll on 2B coffers are trolls?

Been the hot topic on my FB groups lately. IMO it's perfectly fine to get extras of a glam, I want 2 sets (1 dyed jet black and the other pure white) with a back up coffer in my retainer incase I fuck something up and lose something.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017

Been the hot topic on my FB groups lately. IMO it's perfectly fine to get extras of a glam, I want 2 sets (1 dyed jet black and the other pure white) with a back up coffer in my retainer incase I fuck something up and lose something.
Can't you use glamour plates to accomplish the same thing tho? (Not discounting what you're saying its a valid thing)

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
The brooms in the Grand Cosmos are awful. Ran it again yesterday and everyone got at least one vuln stack from it.

WillyGubbins

Oct 27, 2017
Glasgow
Is there a way to get to Eulmore besides the aetheryte? I'm passed the MSQ where you can attune but I can't see it in my teleport destinations anywhere.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

No, this is the worst. You can achieve what you are trying to do by dying the outfit two different ways on two separate glamour plates. And as to having an extra coffer on your retainer how would you fuck up and lose something? You'd have to manually confirm discarding every piece of the 2B gear. Here's a long thread about it if you want more.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
People are really having trouble with the Grand Cosmos first boss and sometimes the final boss. This is how expert needs to be done.
Really? Thought it was pretty easy going in blind. I did it with NPCs tho, so i never had to worry about others messing up. I'll check it out regularly to see the difference.

Serioudly? Incase you mess something up? How?

Last edited:

Namikaze1

Oct 25, 2017

You know they have glamour plates for this very reason. Instead of preventing someone who is say on their 12th run of the raid for their first coffer, might learn to make use of the glamour plates.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

congrats on being the new big bad of 6.0

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I imagine they put most of their resources towards the Nier raid and Pixies this patch, leaving the Grand Cosmos to suffer a bit for it. It's really just a super basic dungeon with not much to it, so it'll get old faster than usual.

- Brooms were pretty much done before but this time with a worse visual cue. Sucks for melee, I guess. The rest of it is just buster, stack, and room-wide.
- The second boss is the most interesting, but not by much, since you're ever really going to see two phases of the seed thing. The slow suuuuucks, btw.
- The final boss is going to trip up first-timers with the blue fire status, but it only happens twice, and then it just repeats the fire thing, the half-room-wide, and the tethers forever and ever. The most annoying thing is when people forget that they only need to go until the tether turns purple, so I have to chase them clear across the damn room.

I was more disappointed that they didn't actually do anything with the ballroom, and it's just a set-piece you run through for approximately three seconds.

Nov 5, 2019
The Grand Cosmos is great for getting dungeon drops though. I'm conflicted whether to turn them in for much-needed GC seals or desynth for Sublime Solution. Never had this conundrum before!

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone use Gshade and know how to remove or stop the annoying as fuck update notification overlay that won't go away until you've updated even if everythign is perfectly fine as you are and you never had to update when using reShade or Stormshade?

The discord is no help, every time I see it I go there to check on a solution and it's people with the same issue of not wanting to see it or being able to turn it off and the devs going "lol stop whining" and how much they've done for the community because of a forced overlay or something.

It just pisses me off when I want to pop on for a bit and have to log back out to update so I can log back in. I should be able to turn it off.

They say it checks on every boot of the game, anyone know if I can stop the check? Alternatively, will my gshade preset just work with reshade or stormshade where I won't get update nags and can still have the thing where AO applies only to the 3D environment and not through UI elements? One of the reasons I switched was because of that (and some pretty presets on twitter that had a gshade install in them).

Village

Oct 25, 2017

...thats what glamour plates are for my man

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
And slots are limited. You should never be applying what runs for ~1 million gil plus of dye to the plates, you dye it to the item itself unless it's absolutely impossible otherwise. Like it's really stupid but in this hypothetical situation it makes sense for someone to want two coffers.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
And slots are limited. You should never be applying what runs for ~1 million gil plus of dye to the plates, you dye it to the item itself unless it's absolutely impossible otherwise. Like it's really stupid but in this hypothetical situation it makes sense for someone to want two coffers.
Slots in the glamour chest are limited too and arguably more valuable per slot. You can glam directly from each piece without having to apply it to a plate, so you can theoretically make any number of combos outside your plates without having to use a glamour prism each time.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA

I mean the thing is the odds for winning the roll for the 2B crate aren't that great. I think it's a 1 in 8 chance in winning since you're rolling against the entire alliance. So I feel if you've already won the items, the nice thing to do is to pass, so the odds of winning are a bit better for first timers.
If I wanted another set for dying purposes (after running out of glamour plates), I'd probably wait a bit for the craze to die down before rolling on it again. In a few months I'd imagine most folks who wanted the 2B glamour probably will have it at that point.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Use poetics for gc seals
Not sure why you'd do that with the prices materials go for, goetias are worth like 250-500gils each(at least on my datacenter) so spending ~60k gil to get 1500GC seals is horribly inefficient. I'm also not sure what people need GC seals for since most of the items are easily bought in other ways or super situational(relic stuff), I guess the initial leveling part but a fair bit of that comes from turning in leveling dungeon gear.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Not sure why you'd do that with the prices materials go for, goetias are worth like 250-500gils each(at least on my datacenter) so spending ~60k gil to get 1500GC seals is horribly inefficient. I'm also not sure what people need GC seals for since most of the items are easily bought in other ways or super situational(relic stuff), I guess the initial leveling part but a fair bit of that comes from turning in leveling dungeon gear.
Meant poetics and gc seals for ventures, I have 5 retainers so they drain em at decent rate

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At this rate I'm going to have a vein pop up and bleed out with PvP, can't believe ppl can have such amount of disdain to even properly follow simple team based tactics on Frontlines. Not a single win all week... Not even statically should be this bad...

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
At this rate I'm going to have a vein pop up and bleed out with PvP, can't believe ppl can have such amount of disdain to even properly follow simple team based tactics on Frontlines. Not a single win all week... Not even statically should be this bad...
I think coordinated premades are gonna be more of a thing than before with the battle tiers.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Find out which GC has premades/regularly wins and switch. You're going to be much better off. I checked and my win rate is sitting at 48 percent right now, cause I switched to Maelstrom. Would be even higher if I counted only games that I played as Mael.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Can't you use glamour plates to accomplish the same thing tho? (Not discounting what you're saying its a valid thing)
No, this is the worst. You can achieve what you are trying to do by dying the outfit two different ways on two separate glamour plates. And as to having an extra coffer on your retainer how would you fuck up and lose something? You'd have to manually confirm discarding every piece of the 2B gear. Here's a long thread about it if you want more.

You know they have glamour plates for this very reason. Instead of preventing someone who is say on their 12th run of the raid for their first coffer, might learn to make use of the glamour plates.

Yeah, you can have a set and dye it in the dresser and re-dye it on a plate.

But ... jet black and pure white are hella expensive. It can easily cost over or around 2mill on my DC to dye a full set either of those colors. You do things that way and you now have 1 of your 15 glam plates that you can never change unless you're ok with tossing a dye that cost 370-500k a pop on your DC.

To put that into perspective I just lucked out on an afk camper and got my first home for a lil over 3mill. No way I'm pumping 2mil worth of dye into a glam plat, it will make it so that I simply wont ever change it and with my ever growing list of jobs I need as many free plats as I can get. (Wouldn't be a problem if we had 100+ plates but ... we only got 15)

That's why I normally just dye glams I'm gonna use a ton with expensive dyes inside the dresser, so I don't waste gil when I need to change out plates.
Also why I saved almost every Pure white and Jet black I got from retainers ... 5 whites and 4 blacks. Until now I haven't found a glam I'd blow either on.

Serioudly? Incase you mess something up? How?
Oh, lets walk down my memory lane of fuck ups!

This sure looks nice. I payed actual money for this glam just for the legs and boots. Back when we only had 200 slots I hit cap, had to take stuff out, had to put stuff inside a retainer, had to toss stuff to organize and clear up room ... sometime later I try to find the legs and boots. Nope, no luck. Not in retainer, not in any bag, not in dresser ... I clearly tossed them without knowing. Same goes for the glam I got based on the boss from PoTD, got it JUST FOR for the boots and they are no where to be found where as the lame chest and hat were sitting right in the dresser can it's much easier to til what they are at a glance.

Or gear turn ins.
Up until this expansion I was a pure tank only player ... now I have 2 lvl80 tanks, 2 ranged, Nin and soon to be RDM at 80 as well as level capped Bot/ Min and Weaver. I've never had to keep track of this many gear sets soooooo yeah ... accidentally turned in my highest lvl ranged hand slot to my GC. Didn't matter that they give you more than enough notices, I'm forgetful af and bad at organizing/ keeping track of inventory so if it doesn't look super important to me I glaze over.

I'm legit in a situation where I liked the look of my best lvl80 tank chest gear at the time so I put it in the locker, put in on a plate, took it back out to wear (so I could play with the plate glam before upgrading and having the gear in the dresser for good) and ... yeah. I got tome gear and upgraded that tome gear and what did I do with the gear I wanted to put in my dresser or on my retainer? I broke it down! Now the only way to glam that onto something is to not change that plate or to spend another 200K getting it back so I can put it in a dresser.

So yeah, lets walk down a possible fuck up.
I want to put 2B glam on a custom turn in NPC cause you can dress them up ... but only if you have the items in your inventory, right? So I take them out, apply them to the NPC ... and a hunt train starts or I decide to do turn ins or I get into a map party and forget.
Now time goes by ... hours, a day, 3 days or w/e. I'm doing something and running out of room so I toss stuff that isn't lvl 80 or crafting annnnd 2B gloves/ blind fold/ shoes are now gone cause I was in a rush and didn't pay attention to warnings or pop ups. I've done the same exact thing before, it's something I gotta actively plan for and work against. Tis why the devs allow you to roll on it again and again if you don't have a coffer in your bag, there's no way to make sure someone doesn't accidentally lose gear so if the game can't tell that it's legit on your character rn then you're free to roll.

These are the type of things I think about, which normally isn't a big deal. Toss pvp gear? I can rebuy that with a few games. Toss some old dng gear? I can solo grind it as PLD and get it back if I try. Toss seasonal event glam? I can rebuy that when ever I want for like no gil. Toss achievement glam? Same, no big deal ... but this isn't any of those.

So yeah, next week when I run it for the DNC hood I'm gonna roll for another coffer for back up to keep in a retainer in case I fuck up something down the line.

congrats on being the new big bad of 6.0
Hey ... I'll become what I must.

Nov 5, 2019

Like Kuosi said, venture tokens. Cordials too. I also like to buy the GC arethryte ticket cause Malestorm's is located in an annoying place. And mats for housing items.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
So regarding Ninjas.. I am level 70 and I still don't know if I should keep Mudras on cooldown or do I just fling Raitons only during trick attacks? Or should I just use ninjutsu everytime is up?

scy

Oct 25, 2017
General rule of thumb is never overcap mudras but otherwise save them for burst windows whenever applicable. Only real tech with Mudras is making sure to Suiton when TA is <20s from being up so you can have it banked (and get an extra mudra charge back during TA uptime). So basically you don't have too many out of TA Raitons since you'll rarely have it available when things are done right.

Pancho

Avenger
Nov 7, 2017
Thanks for the tip! NIN is the first class I had as much fun as I did with ARR SCH. Been kind of down with ffxiv lately since healers are so boring now. But trying out NIN got me excited for the game again.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
Second copied factory run was a disaster. I guess only doing it once a week makes me terrible with the mechanics. Pretty embarrassed about how much I died. I don't think I'm terrible with this sort of thing but apparently I am.

Wolf

Oct 25, 2017
Question for y'all: if I've played FFXIV and own all the expansions outside of Steam, can I download the FFXIV game on steam and play it via Steam on the same account? My understanding is it is like if you played on PS4 and windows, in that I can log into my same xiv account on ps4, I just don't get access to anything I do not have a ps4 license for, like expansions and stuff.

How does that work if I last logged out in expansion content that I own on one paltform but don't own on another platform?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Meant poetics and gc seals for ventures, I have 5 retainers so they drain em at decent rate
Oh yeah poetics I can see, goetia are way too valuable to waste on ventures imo. If you have a BLU you get a fair amount of ventures every week doing the carnival, it's like 540allied seals and 490poetics or whatever the numbers were, the allied seals buy you 130ventures a week and you can throw the poetics on top for a few more. Granted that won't cover your needs if you're spamming quick ventures on all your retainers but it helps quite a lot for less than 10mins of messing about.

Like Kuosi said, venture tokens. Cordials too. I also like to buy the GC arethryte ticket cause Malestorm's is located in an annoying place. And mats for housing items.
I still would desynth, it's more money most of the time, at least until the price of sublimes really crashes.

Cordials can be bought with money, they used to be dirt cheap, not sure now but probably still are(less than 800gils), you can also craft HQ ones which are much better or buy Hi-cordials with yellow scrips which are even better and pretty easy to farm with custom deliveries and such. Same for materials, can buy them, gonna be a better tradeoff to get 2 sublimes, sell them, then buy 99materials or more with that money than trade in the item for 1500seals and buy like 10materials. Obviously you don't get sublimes all the time but their values is high enough that it edges out GC seals very easily, plus even when you don't get sublimes you still get some stuff(2k ingots or whatever, 10+k if HQ depending on type and market, plus some crystals and clusters).

The only real point is ventures but you can farm a fair bit of ventures everyday/week using 15centurio seals bounties(daily x2 with ishgard+kugane/rhalgr, takes less than 10mins if you only do the 15seal ones), 100centurio and allied B rank weeklies, beast tribe daillies if you feel like doing that, BLU carnival weekly and maybe leves although these tend to be kinda shit. I'd also heavily consider calculating exactly how much the ventures are worth(if you do quick ventures, you probably want to calculate a low average for the garbage you get back) and wether they're worth it.

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Question for y'all: if I've played FFXIV and own all the expansions outside of Steam, can I download the FFXIV game on steam and play it via Steam on the same account? My understanding is it is like if you played on PS4 and windows, in that I can log into my same xiv account on ps4, I just don't get access to anything I do not have a ps4 license for, like expansions and stuff.

How does that work if I last logged out in expansion content that I own on one paltform but don't own on another platform?

"steam" and "PC" are considered separate platforms (yes, this is dumb), so you need to download the non-steam launcher to play a non-steam account, and have to download the launcher through steam to play if you have a steam account.

you can use the same S-E account on ps4 and pc so you can access your characters and whatnot on both, if you have the game on both platforms. if you log out in an expansion area on one platform that you don't own on the other, however, i believe it just doesn't let you log in to that character. you'd need to go back to the other platform and go to an area you can access on both platforms.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Second copied factory run was a disaster. I guess only doing it once a week makes me terrible with the mechanics. Pretty embarrassed about how much I died. I don't think I'm terrible with this sort of thing but apparently I am.

I'm sure you'll get better at it, just a matter of practice really. I went from being really confused on a lot of the mechanics on my first run, to being fairly familiar with all the bosses now (just did my fourth run of it). Still a couple things that throw me off a bit (particularly on the final boss) and I still haven't done a run where I avoiding dying completely, but it feels a lot more straightforward now.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Man they really dumbed down crafting, but it's somehow better.
I don't think they dumbed it that much, it was pretty dumb to begin with if you weren't doing it wrong. The thing is before you had like 35skills, and 25 you didn't want to use most of the time/only when leveling, and now you only have like 20skills, with 10 you don't use(not accurate numbers).

I mean let's take for example the standard 2 star macro for 5.0 and compare to 5.1. The biggest differences are that you don't need to work your macro around Comfort Zone and Steady Hands II stacks anymore but the rest is very similar, you do 6 delicates, 1 prudent, 1 great strides preparatory then a great strides byregot. Difference in the old one is you need a focused synth to finish(although that's possibly due to gear difference since this patch added a full tier of gear almost but the recipes only went like half a tier) and a focused touch early which is replaced by the free stacks from Reflect. Besides that you replace Steady and Comfort Zones with a bunch of Innovations and that's basically it.

There were more pieces in the puzzle before but a lot of the pieces were crap, so the puzzle generally was pretty easy to solve before and the only task was figuring out your own macro for your own stats if you didn't follow a guide blindly, which is still exactly the same.

Ultimately, they just made it harder to craft "wrong", not really making it easier. You just have less bloat that you have to worry about that's not obvious it's bloat until you look into it a fair bit. And no more cross class, which tbh I won't miss, they haven't been too relevant in a while but just added needless complications for new players in how and what they should level. Also fucking up a craft because I forgot to reslot a skill from my macro.

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Find out which GC has premades/regularly wins and switch. You're going to be much better off. I checked and my win rate is sitting at 48 percent right now, cause I switched to Maelstrom. Would be even higher if I counted only games that I played as Mael.
I think coordinated premades are gonna be more of a thing than before with the battle tiers.

Honestly, the worst is not losing against premades, since that kind of expected. The worst is that sometikes you are in groups in which 60% of the people playing don't put any effort or don't care, ppl that don't listen, that goes lone wolf to enemy bases, that just attacks stuff without thought or basically do nothing. I wouldn't mind losing if people played the mode like is expected to be played: a group effort.

Some matches I feel that I'm putting way more effort than my team deserves. And I'm not saying this like I'm some expert, is just logical and basic stuff of any competitive team based game. So is not people "can't" do it, they just don't "want" to, and that's what makes my blood boil.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

As in you own the non steam PC version now? If that's the case you're permanently locked out of using the steam client. The steam client sends the server a flag telling it its the steam client and if your account isn't registered as a steam account then the game won't let you in. Furthermore there's no way to turn a non steam pc account to a steam account or vice versa so whatever you register first locks you in forever to that "platform" on pc.

If you only have a PS4 and/or Mac account then yeah you can buy the steam version to play the same account. Just be aware of the lock in stuff which also entails you being locked into launching the game via the steam client (there's a workaround for it now, might be patched later) and being forced to buy any pc expansion you want directly from steam (they almost never go on sale on steam and they never offer preorder discounts for new expansions like other stores do for the non steam client).

Status
Not open for further replies.