• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Oh yeah poetics I can see, goetia are way too valuable to waste on ventures imo. If you have a BLU you get a fair amount of ventures every week doing the carnival, it's like 540allied seals and 490poetics or whatever the numbers were, the allied seals buy you 130ventures a week and you can throw the poetics on top for a few more. Granted that won't cover your needs if you're spamming quick ventures on all your retainers but it helps quite a lot for less than 10mins of messing about.

I still would desynth, it's more money most of the time, at least until the price of sublimes really crashes.
Havent really messed with BLU as it seemed really tedious to get going and needing others to help you. But ye ventures drain at solid rate with 5 and I dont spam quick ventures only, the normal 1 cost ventures are very much worth as well as some of the materials are very pricey + they are great for stocking up mats. Like after patch hit, new craft gear -> mass amount of materia needed -> cubus flesh prices climb like hell

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Havent really messed with BLU as it seemed really tedious to get going and needing others to help you. But ye ventures drain at solid rate with 5 and I dont spam quick ventures only, the normal 1 cost ventures are very much worth as well as some of the materials are very pricey + they are great for stocking up mats. Like after patch hit, new craft gear -> mass amount of materia needed -> cubus flesh prices climb like hell

After learning I could get ventures from allied seals I've been spamming quick explorations and have been pleasantly surprised at the money it's bringing in, but it's pretty volatile. I've had several pieces of furniture worth over 50k on the market board - and an Amdapori Wall Lantern that was right at 200k. I don't have gatherers leveled to max (at about 60 right now), so I've felt this has been a pretty decent alternative.

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
After learning I could get ventures from allied seals I've been spamming quick explorations and have been pleasantly surprised at the money it's bringing in, but it's pretty volatile. I've had several pieces of furniture worth over 50k on the market board - and an Amdapori Wall Lantern that was right at 200k. I don't have gatherers leveled to max (at about 60 right now), so I've felt this has been a pretty decent alternative.
yeah its a big rng game, sometimes you get stuff not worth even vendoring, sometimes you get nidhogg scale

Nov 5, 2019
Oh yeah poetics I can see, goetia are way too valuable to waste on ventures imo. If you have a BLU you get a fair amount of ventures every week doing the carnival, it's like 540allied seals and 490poetics or whatever the numbers were, the allied seals buy you 130ventures a week and you can throw the poetics on top for a few more. Granted that won't cover your needs if you're spamming quick ventures on all your retainers but it helps quite a lot for less than 10mins of messing about.

I still would desynth, it's more money most of the time, at least until the price of sublimes really crashes.

Cordials can be bought with money, they used to be dirt cheap, not sure now but probably still are(less than 800gils), you can also craft HQ ones which are much better or buy Hi-cordials with yellow scrips which are even better and pretty easy to farm with custom deliveries and such. Same for materials, can buy them, gonna be a better tradeoff to get 2 sublimes, sell them, then buy 99materials or more with that money than trade in the item for 1500seals and buy like 10materials. Obviously you don't get sublimes all the time but their values is high enough that it edges out GC seals very easily, plus even when you don't get sublimes you still get some stuff(2k ingots or whatever, 10+k if HQ depending on type and market, plus some crystals and clusters).

The only real point is ventures but you can farm a fair bit of ventures everyday/week using 15centurio seals bounties(daily x2 with ishgard+kugane/rhalgr, takes less than 10mins if you only do the 15seal ones), 100centurio and allied B rank weeklies, beast tribe daillies if you feel like doing that, BLU carnival weekly and maybe leves although these tend to be kinda shit. I'd also heavily consider calculating exactly how much the ventures are worth(if you do quick ventures, you probably want to calculate a low average for the garbage you get back) and wether they're worth it.
Very good points. I didn't realize you could make cordials. Too bad we can't make Hi-cordials though. I've been focusing on certain gear for desynth (like weaver and goldsmith) that my retainers bring back and turning in the other non-80 gear items I get from dungeons. Then I break down the 80 gears for a chance at sublime solution. Then I turn in things I don't focus on like blacksmith or armorer gear and get venture tokens and etc. Not the most efficient method but it weaves into my daily to-do list while lvling my desynths.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
oh wow, maybe i should use ventures more often. i maxed out on my allied seals. And don't really see myself using them currently.

Nov 5, 2019
oh wow, maybe i should use ventures more often. i maxed out on my allied seals. And don't really see myself using them currently.
They bring back the weirdest things. One brought back Ramuh's visually-electric samurai sword thing which I gave to a friend for glamour. My house is also littered with the random pieces of furniture they haul back.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
One thing I did during the dregs of Stormblood was just dump a whole bunch of gatherer's scrips into Hi-Cordials, lol. I have enough to last me all the way through the rest of ShB and some change.

After a while, you just go "realistically, i have no real use for any of these things, i have no need for more gil, and selling is a hassle anyway, so meeeeh".

It's kind of a crap shoot and you're mostly going to get fish and maybe a high priced dye every once in a blue moon, but it's always fun to see them come back with really random stuff like a whole mansion roof.

where did you steal this from, retainer, and how

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
Woohoo, got my chest piece from the Nier raid.

Thought I was going to have two weeks in a row with no tank drop.

Also got my minion :) Although Era informed me there's a grey one too...

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Normal ventures are worth it as a steady amount of money as long as you hit the retainers every now and then a few times a day. I haven't really kept up with the prices since I have too much money anyway but these were often 10-25k per venture(which last one hour), with some extremes during launch time(my fishing retainer was pulling like 50k an hour at some point in the early days).

Or you can gamble on quick ventures, it's mostly trash, but you get partial "refunds" when you get dungeon/tome gear > GC seals > buy more ventures, although if you're not big on gear collecting you'll also often find cool looking armor you can stash in your dresser instead, sometimes NQ or HQ white gear that sells for 5-100k, sometimes furniture that sells for 2k-1million, sometimes dyes which range from like 500g to 500k(pure white and jet black), sometimes fishes which are almost exclusively "nothing" although once in a while you get an aquarium cool looking one that nets you a few hundred ks and in some rare cases really expensive random crap like Nidhogg extreme drop which back when I got mine was like ~2m.

Quick ventures are mostly lower money I think than normal ventures if you keep track of what sells well, but you can hit big jackpots every now and then and I like getting old tome gear I forgot about and figuring it looks kinda nice so I put it in the dresser(and then never use it).

It's a very low time cost though, literally just open retainers, collect and send them on the same venture takes like 25seconds if you have 2 and like 10secs per additional retainer or whatever, so no reason not to do it if you have ventures.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
So general FFXIV question what level should i be at before the start of Storm Blood and shadowbringers to ensure their is no level gaps that i would need to grind for as i am currently doing all the roulettes and just doing all the unlock quests before i continue to 3.3 content at level 62 almost 63

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
So general FFXIV question what level should i be at before the start of Storm Blood and shadowbringers to ensure their is no level gaps that i would need to grind for as i am currently doing all the roulettes and just doing all the unlock quests before i continue to 3.3 content at level 62 almost 63
Well depends a bunch on how much you progress everyday, if you keep doing your roulettes and don't do 6hours of story every day, it's very easy to stay ahead of the leveling curve and never have to "grind". And grinding generally is just doing an additional dungeon run to unlock the next level of MSQs, which isn't really that bad. Just do leveling and alliance roulettes(and maybe MSQ if you're into that but I never do it personally I hate it too much) every day and it should be fine tbh.

Tatsu91

Banned
Apr 7, 2019
Well depends a bunch on how much you progress everyday, if you keep doing your roulettes and don't do 6hours of story every day, it's very easy to stay ahead of the leveling curve and never have to "grind". And grinding generally is just doing an additional dungeon run to unlock the next level of MSQs, which isn't really that bad. Just do leveling and alliance roulettes(and maybe MSQ if you're into that but I never do it personally I hate it too much) every day and it should be fine tbh.
i am just not wanting to get into the story and then have to halt it sort of takes me out of the immersion was not as bad in heavensward but in ARR it happened quite a bit and i hated it

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
i am just not wanting to get into the story and then have to halt it sort of takes me out of the immersion was not as bad in heavensward but in ARR it happened quite a bit and i hated it
I haven't done the math but I'd guess being around 62 and 72 respectively would be enough to not hit a wall, especially if you keep doing the important roulettes daily

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I guess if at some point you're getting too close to the level(like say you move to the 67MSQ but you're only 15% into 67), the next day you just focus on grinding instead, so you don't stop randomly but kinda when you want to. But if you're on 3.3 with 2 levels advantage, you'll probably start 4.0 at 63 or so, which should be plenty of xp in advance if you keep doing your roulettes. If you want to do purely story until you're done with 4.0, you might want to grind a bit more than that before however.

Pandora012

Oct 25, 2017
Normal ventures are worth it as a steady amount of money as long as you hit the retainers every now and then a few times a day. I haven't really kept up with the prices since I have too much money anyway but these were often 10-25k per venture(which last one hour), with some extremes during launch time(my fishing retainer was pulling like 50k an hour at some point in the early days).

Or you can gamble on quick ventures, it's mostly trash, but you get partial "refunds" when you get dungeon/tome gear > GC seals > buy more ventures, although if you're not big on gear collecting you'll also often find cool looking armor you can stash in your dresser instead, sometimes NQ or HQ white gear that sells for 5-100k, sometimes furniture that sells for 2k-1million, sometimes dyes which range from like 500g to 500k(pure white and jet black), sometimes fishes which are almost exclusively "nothing" although once in a while you get an aquarium cool looking one that nets you a few hundred ks and in some rare cases really expensive random crap like Nidhogg extreme drop which back when I got mine was like ~2m.

Quick ventures are mostly lower money I think than normal ventures if you keep track of what sells well, but you can hit big jackpots every now and then and I like getting old tome gear I forgot about and figuring it looks kinda nice so I put it in the dresser(and then never use it).

It's a very low time cost though, literally just open retainers, collect and send them on the same venture takes like 25seconds if you have 2 and like 10secs per additional retainer or whatever, so no reason not to do it if you have ventures.

I did the 18 hour venture, mainly because I'm not playing long enough for the shorter ones. Will try to do it daily since i turnein enough seals for 200 ventures. Since I'm healer i get them on easy when I'm in demand. This is a good excuse to finally lvl my retainer up. He's only 15

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I did the 18 hour venture, mainly because I'm not playing long enough for the shorter ones. Will try to do it daily since i turnein enough seals for 200 ventures. Since I'm healer i get them on easy when I'm in demand. This is a good excuse to finally lvl my retainer up. He's only 15

Quick is really only good if you're playing like 3 to 4 hours straight. Otherwise get their gear as high as possible and do the 18 hour one every day for exp. To do higher ventures you need to gear based on:
Battle - item level
Gatherer - gathering stat

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just have to say that I love how this teamcraft app actually can show how many of the items required for a craft are in your inventory so you don't have to open it up in game to match with the list on the app.

TheOne

Alt Account
Banned
May 25, 2019
Got all my weekly phantasmagoria tomestones, got my weekly loot in The Copied Factory, got my weapon from Hades plus tons of totems to spare...It's finally time tonight for some E3S learning :)

Currently at ilvl 458. Slowly progressing towards 470, one ilvl at a time.

Anyway, guess I'll watch the video guide now :)

Synohan

Oct 25, 2017
PVP has been ridiculous ever since the patch, at least on Primal. Mael always wins by a massive landslide.

Miletius

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Berkeley, CA
PVP has been ridiculous ever since the patch, at least on Primal. Mael always wins by a massive landslide.

I feel like games have been closer, but maybe I'm wrong and it's just anecdotal. I do feel like a lot of the Adder premades are less prevalent though, since GARO gear is no longer available and it's pretty easy to get a set of the new gear by just playing PvP casually.

Edit: q'ed just now and barely got beat out by Flames, was like 1600/1550/1300, so not a bad game overall.

Last edited:

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I just use Garlond Tools. Keeps thing simple and neat on one page for crafting/gathering and easily customizable.
For organizing mats I usually use Garland too, but still also use Teamcraft because of the sim aspect, can't sim crafting with Garland and that's really useful to know how many HQs or how much CP I need to do stuff and what not.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
HQ mats died with shb
Na I use HQs, because I don't meld crap.

Since I don't craft much anymore, wasting 10millions melding versus spending 3-4k more per craft to get a couple of HQ and still getting 100% HQ crafts is well worth it. Ymmv obviously depending on how much use you get out of your melds, but I'm literally crafting the current set so I can craft the next set without too much trouble, so no way I'm spending a cent on melding it now. I have only overmelded +1 CP to a couple of pieces to hit the CP cap(which I haven't even hit on every pieces) and don't have a single piece with 2 overmelds. I've also mostly used VI materias. All I need is 1 HQ sand and 1 of the cheap HQ mats(dwarven mythril, lignum vitae lumbers etc) for the 2.5 star stuff, and I got most of the HQ cheap mats out of desynthing random crap anyway so really it's just the ~3-5k I pay for HQ sands versus NQ. In theory I could try to HQ the tungsten/prisms etc stuff or the alchemy crap and not need that either, but since I need so many of them I'd rather just do 5steps synth only to get them asap and pay the premium, which is literally nothing.

Overmelding gear to save 5-10k a craft is imo one of the biggest hoax people who sell materias convinced other people of. The amount of crafting you need to do to pay the costs of overmelding gear seriously are ridiculous and only a few people will ever actually do it, especially since you have a limited window of time to do it(6months) since after that you need to replace all your gear. You can "soft" meld though which isn't that costly and can be paid back a lot faster and that's cool too but at least in my case that's still not worth it on this tier, that's probably what I will do for the 5.4 set though since I'll be using it to build some money before 6.0 and also for 6.0 leveling. Still won't be melding heavily though.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Me personally I'll just do the farm scripts method of getting materia for gear. I'd rather overmeld for the comfort.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Another run of the raid. No usable loot.

Fucking stupid-ass weekly lockout system. God I hate it. Just let me get SOMETHING for my effort, especially when it expects as much attention out of me as this raid.

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
Another run of the raid. No usable loot.

Fucking stupid-ass weekly lockout system. God I hate it. Just let me get SOMETHING for my effort, especially when it expects as much attention out of me as this raid.

The alliance raid? You know you can run it again right??? Also you get a coin for your first clear each week to upgrade a piece of the 460 tomestone gear to 470

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Me personally I'll just do the farm scripts method of getting materia for gear. I'd rather overmeld for the comfort.

That makes no difference though, you could be selling those materias for money or using that time to craft other things that sell for more money, it's all money you're spending on materia wether it's directly or by choosing not to sell for it instead. Have to factor opportunity costs, it's like if you gather your own stuff, it's still not "free". Your money isn't going down, but it's also not going up by the value of the things you gathered.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
That makes no difference though, you could be selling those materias for money or using that time to craft other things that sell for more money, it's all money you're spending on materia wether it's directly or by choosing not to sell for it instead. Have to factor opportunity costs, it's like if you gather your own stuff, it's still not "free". Your money isn't going down, but it's also not going up by the value of the things you gathered.
Yeah it makes no difference so I'll do thing how I want to do it though. If that's how you do it then that's how you do it.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just got to Eulmore. Why are so many people hanging out there? At first I thought it might be the endgame shop area, but the merchants are nowhere to be seen.

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Ran the Nier raid with my static for fun and got Pod 316 minion. Yay!

I just got to Eulmore. Why are so many people hanging out there? At first I thought it might be the endgame shop area, but the merchants are nowhere to be seen.

Similar to previous areas like Rhalgr's Reach you need to progress the story a good bit to actually see those endgame NPCs.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So far crafted all the Facet crafting tools and gear expect the gloves and boots I should have that done when I wake up in the morning then I'll craft the Gathering gear.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
On Light DC Mael wins 90% of the games I enter. Adder and Immortal always attack eachother and leave Mael alone even if Mael is in the lead.
And the amount of times I play on Immortal or Adder, being in the lead over Mael with around 100p and the third team way behind just to have everyone push the third team and let Mael catch up... I don't know but something is weird, either all good PvPers flock to Mael or Mael has more premades. I should switch.

Augemitbutter

Oct 25, 2017
Mael used to be king in the beginnings of old chaos when there was still lots of communication. Word got around and as soon as you could switch states the miserable life began.

Status
Not open for further replies.