• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
The first boss is a nightmare cause it's hard to do the mechanic and they don't mitigate damage well so vuln stacks will likely kill you. The other 2 were easy.

The second boss was worse for me. Died twice to the AoE/marker mechanic because the AI chose the same safe spot as me and there wasn't time to make it to a different one.

Final boss was easy though, yeah.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I'm always the one that dies doing Trusts. Mostly because stack mechanics are always in the middle and I sometimes can't make it in time

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
The brush mechanic is sort of like exa flare I think, you want to step behind an outgoing brush and avoid the one that comes after. But the hitboxes are so weird

But I'm any case trusts execute mechanics super well. It's more likely they will walk into a trash pack AOE than mess up a boss fight (or they will steal your tether, fucking assholes 😭)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Another warden down, and level 76-ish.

I thought the whole thing with Yshtola jumping into the lifestream again was really stupid and reckless, which is incredibly out of character for her. But I think it's partly written that way to make you sort of want to trust Emet-Selch more because he brings her back purely because he wants to try to win over some trust (or so he says).

Speaking of which, I do really like him as a villain. He's giving interesting lore, and his personality is fun to be around. My guess is that he wants to carry out the calamity by making you kill all the wardens, which will probably carry out the same end of the world once all that light builds up inside you and probably does something horrible. I like him so far, and his personality is far more interesting than standard villain fare. You do kind of understand why he is the way he is, though he is still a mass murderer through and through.

I do think he's telling the truth about the gods being primals, though. I believe that he's not actually lying in his lore dumps, though I'm sure he's leaving out important bits for his own interests. He has a good line outside a cutscene about how he hasn't lied so far because he has no reason to, and even if he did lie, you wouldn't know the difference anyway. And I believe that too, since the WoL just rolls with fucking everything anyway.

As for another villain, I don't believe for a second that Ranjit is dead. With his stupid OP plot armor, I'm just waiting for him to show back up without breaking a sweat and giving some stupid ass reason for surviving falling into a bottomless pit, like "I just punched through the entire planet and then walked back here." I'm surprised he was even able to be pulled into the pit in the first place. Maybe I'm overselling how OP he is, but his initial introduction fight was so ridiculous that I just can't take the guy seriously.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The Dancing Plague trial was awesome. I really like how the random group content has a bit of a kick to it, certainly compared to LFR in wow for example.

Also Ranj'it is dope, even if I hated that MSQ duty with him before.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh Justin I guess I should do the Pixie zone sidequests, to unlock the dailies then? Ive done the + stuff but I dont have the beast tribe for the pixies.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Do trusts run on the same behavior as squads?

Always annoyed the hell out of me how my gc healers took their sweet time with their spells when I'm tanking.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas

Always annoyed the hell out of me how my gc healers took their sweet time with their spells when I'm tanking.

They're far and away much smarter than squads, and they're actually programmed to do the mechanics for boss fights. Going back and doing some squadron runs on lower level jobs after doing trusts through the story was a pretty rude wake up call.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017

When I did trust dungeons I did big boi pulls on my DRK and never had an issue with the AI keeping me alive. Dunno how much of that was The Blackest Night though.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
The only side quest in the pixie area you should do is the one where you give milk to the beaver.
That quest is such a tease. They need to do a follow up on that.

While finishing up my CUL Lv70 quest, I stumbled upon
F'lhaminn sidequest where you visit a grave.
Why do they put this as a sidequest? And when did they add it? I think it's more impactful by doing it after you have completed ALC Lv70 quest.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
How/what are you leveling? Cause leveling a class can be super quick if you know what you're doing.
GNB (73), DNC (71), MCH (76), and eventually DRG once I buy the level boost. I'm focusing on GNB and MCH has gotten to that level purely through the Pixies while I waited during queues. I basically just do the dungeon three times every odd level and dailies every even level. That's usually enough. It just gets really fucking boring and exhausting.

Ringu

Nov 1, 2017
Germany
While finishing up my CUL Lv70 quest, I stumbled upon
F'lhaminn sidequest where you visit a grave.
Why do they put this as a sidequest? And when did they add it? I think it's more impactful by doing it after you have completed ALC Lv70 quest.
It unlocks after the SHB Msq, Tataru also tells you to visit F'hlaminn on the balcony in a non quest message.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
GNB (73), DNC (71), MCH (76), and eventually DRG once I buy the level boost. I'm focusing on GNB and MCH has gotten to that level purely through the Pixies while I waited during queues. I basically just do the dungeon three times every odd level and dailies every even level. That's usually enough. It just gets really fucking boring and exhausting.

Are you not doing roulette's?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Roulettes might be the most "feels like a job" part of leveling. MSQ is a drag, Crystal Tower every day in Alliance Roulette is a drag because people want to AFK and get carried instead of actually playing the game, getting Toto-rak every day in Leveling Roulette is a drag.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
It unlocks after the SHB Msq, Tataru also tells you to visit F'hlaminn on the balcony in a non quest message.
Huh...must have missed that, and I forgot she always on there. Apparently it's part of 5.1? So it is new.

The best way to level aside from POTD+HOH is by doing daily Roulettes with Adventurer in Need job and hitting up the highest level dungeons you can get to. Also make sure to always log out inside a city to get that extra rested exp buff.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the ridora lighthouse bosses are super bullet spongy, or this group had terrible dps (including me lol). Still beat it tho but damn.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Are you not doing roulette's?
Yeah at the even levels. Still takes pretty much all of them to gain a level and then three dungeons to gain another level. It gets really exhausting. Once I finish daily roulettes and finish three runs of a dungeon, essentially leveling up twice, I just stop playing usually. For example, I got from 72 to 73 with GNB doing roulettes. Now I'm doing Dohn Mheg till I'm 74. Since I don't have roulettes anymore, that means doing Dohn Mheg like 5 more times to reach level 75 and be able to do the next dungeon. Fuck that.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Finallyyyyyy

EOMArDbWkAAR7DO.jpg

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah at the even levels. Still takes pretty much all of them to gain a level and then three dungeons to gain another level. It gets really exhausting. Once I finish daily roulettes and finish three runs of a dungeon, essentially leveling up twice, I just stop playing usually. For example, I got from 72 to 73 with GNB doing roulettes. Now I'm doing Dohn Mheg till I'm 74. Since I don't have roulettes anymore, that means doing Dohn Mheg like 5 more times to reach level 75 and be able to do the next dungeon. Fuck that.

ShB alt job leveling honestly kinda sucks, yeah. A lot of my jobs are still in the early 70s because it's so mind numbing on top of the queue times, especially because I only really care for, like, two of the dungeons.

HoH equivalent soon, please. :(

yup and i had no idea what to do lol

Math Boss is good because I got to see a bunch of (presumably) adults just freeze on the spot as they vainly tried to remember what a prime number is, lol.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
WHOA

Pixie dailies give 1.5 MILLION xp, that is more than twice what the current MSQ at 74 gives (620k), wtf is up with that? It was always on par with the MSQ before. Not that I mind of course lol.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I find that the main story quest roulette gives a ton of exp, though it takes a long time because it's either Castrum Meridanum or the Praetorian with all cutscenes unskippable.

It's not so bad if you just run it with a video going on another screen, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.