• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I hope Lyse gets more development if/when we go to Garlemald in 6.0. I'd hate to have her just kinda fade into the background after Stormblood.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Finallyyyyyy

EOMArDbWkAAR7DO.jpg
I joined a PF for it yesterday and after 2 runs it dropped and I won it, I felt bad lol.

Megawarrior

Oct 25, 2017
4.3 Stormblood was amazing and finally elevated it to the same level of Heavensward for me. WHEW what a MOMENT (after MOMENT)!!! \o/

Chairdeath

Oct 29, 2017
PKGIQUm.jpg

The journey continues. Heavensward has been great, especially after the patched in stuff at the end of ARR. That was some brutal back and forth for the handful of awesome story bits.

Also Hilda is awesome and it's such a bummer she came in so late to the story!

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
It's kind of hard to accept that this game is going to be 7 years old this August. It doesn't feel that way and yet I can clearly remember moments from each era of the game and at what point I was in my life during those times.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I find that the main story quest roulette gives a ton of exp, though it takes a long time because it's either Castrum Meridanum or the Praetorian with all cutscenes unskippable.

It's not so bad if you just run it with a video going on another screen, though.

Yeah for me personally, PotD/HoH, Beast tribes, and MSQ Roulette are my preferred way to level alts since you can pretty effortlessly multitask through all of them and they all have a pretty decent return on XP (especially the Pixie beast tribe). It's great 'background noise' for something like listening to a podcast. I can't really do that with leveling roulette, especially when it throws me into a dungeon I haven't run in years and I don't remember any of the mechanics, which is why I rarely bother with it. Plus running old content for the sole purpose of leveling just isn't too appealing to me unless I'm glamour hunting. Just feel like I need to be doing something else as well to make it worth my time.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
I mean, there's no "opinion" on what gives the most xp (assuming you have no more MSQ), its factual.

If you are over 50, MSQ and Leveling roulettes (don't be fooled by the 16-50 description like I was initially) give a huge chunk of a level, followed by beast dailies of whatever expansion level bracket you are in (since you cant do them all).

And then Palace of the Dead for under 50s until 61, and Heaven on High until from 61 to 71.

The other roulettes and normal sidequests aren't worth the time investment unless you are doing something else I guess, like do some sidequests while you queue as dps.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, there's no "opinion" on what gives the most xp (assuming you have no more MSQ), its factual.

If you are over 50, MSQ and Leveling roulettes (don't be fooled by the 16-50 description like I was initially) give a huge chunk of a level, followed by beast dailies of whatever expansion level bracket you are in (since you cant do them all).

And then Palace of the Dead for under 50s until 61, and Heaven on High until from 61 to 71.

The other roulettes and normal sidequests aren't worth the time investment unless you are doing something else I guess, like do some sidequests while you queue as dps.
Alliance Roulette is great EXP too.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Reddit says previous Moogle events have gone 30 days, and February 18th is 30 days from that. So 5.2 2/18 it seems.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Rak'tita Greatwood was my favorite zone so far, neat puzzles, focus on Y'shtola and a great dungeons, good stuff good stuff.

Also Horoscope is amazing.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Don't think the Alliance raids will be worth it. Probably better to spam MSQ since you can just do other shit during the cutscenes.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Oh thank god, it's not another 'Spam CT!!!!' event.

People are probably going to settle on Wiping City over Dun Scaith, if they're going to do the raids. A lot less to go wrong overall, and Ozma isn't too bad now.

Most are probably going to do MSQ, though, yeah.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to finally catch up on my RDM job quests, despite not knowing where I last left off on them two years ago. I figured, I'm Lv. 72 now, so it must've been somewhere in the 60s, right?

Lv. 54.

WTF, me.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Duuuude the rare mount drop from the Ala Mhigo dungeon is on the Moogle Tomestone list! Time to get my msq roulette on.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
Probably in it for the Magitek Predator Identification Key and the kefka and red panda pets. How regular are the moogle tomestone events? I resubbed in the middle of the last one and I'd just assumed they were really infrequent events.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, I'll totally grind for that necklace.

I'll get right on that.

*completely ignores*

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
was level locked earlier after finishing Greatwood, so ran a bunch of HoH on other jobs to get them to 70 while I waited for the roulettes to reset to "unlock" myself, got my Samurai to 70 (it was just 69 anyway) and that's a job that has completely fallen off grace with me, as it's now very low on my priority to even get to 80, but a pleasant surprise was Summoner/Scholar, both of which I hadnt played since finishing ARR at 55.

Scholar feels a lot more different than Astro than I expected once you start getting mroe skills, all the stuff with the fairy and the aetherflow is neat. And Summoner jsut feels like a completely different dps than any other compared to early lvls where it just felt like a shit mage, so many buttons to press it's like you're playing piano. Really happy with both and since its 1-in-2 it's probably the next one ill get to 80 after Astro/Dancer.

will probably get Astro to 80 from just doing the MSQ dungeons / trials left until the end (I never want to wait for the dps queue for those) and wont have to "waste" a roulette on it hopefully

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
SMN is king of DPS right now, but its rotation is ten years long and extremely linear.

didnt even know they were top dps, I just liked it. its a weird rotation too because you barely have time to even use a filler. Well at least a consistant filler, between 2 charges on both the pet skills, plus Ruin 4 stacks, you barely have time to use the standard Ruin 3. It's kinda neat compared to something like red mage which DOES have a linear rotation.

also big boi bahamut looks dope.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
SMN is way overtuned, it's busted at the moment. On the one hand I'm glad that it's finally a top DPS contender, on the other hand it hits harder than BLM with more mobility and utility, and a lot of its skills are instant cast. And it was already king of AoE.

And to cap it off, it's easier to play SMN well than it is to play BLM well.

Last edited:

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
low lvl wise I've really been enjoying Bard (only lvl 34) seems like something I would enjoy. Lancer/Dragoon on the other hand not so much, feels slow much like Samurai (and I'm definitely not a melee guy anyway)

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
low lvl wise I've really been enjoying Bard (only lvl 34) seems like something I would enjoy. Lancer/Dragoon on the other hand not so much, feels slow much like Samurai (and I'm definitely not a melee guy anyway)
I'd actually consider Dragoon fairly fast paced.

You go between positionals, keep blood of the dragon up for geirskogul, etc. It always felt swift to me.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
At level cap DRG is considered the smoothest melee to play. Only reason it's the lowest dps ceiling of the melee jobs is because it plays so well and because spears, spikey armor and
Nidhogg
are factually so much more awesome than everything else that everyone wants to be DRG

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Yeah durng ES1 practice I was getting comments from my FC on discord asking wtf is up with my DPS being as high as it is. I dont have a parse but they said It was 13k average which I imagine isnt actually that good at my I-lvl compared to what I've seen from more experienced players. But all I'm doing really do mashing and weaving in ogcds and doing just whatever with the opener.

2 of my FC were bards tho so there's that also lol

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
DRG's really fun to play at high levels and "clicks" when you get the Lance Mastery trait that unites the Full and Chaos thrust combos.

Smooth is a good word for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.