• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Noob question about materia. Just extracted materia from some gear for the first time in like 2.5k hours. I can't tell what it did though. Did I duplicate it or something?

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Noob question about materia. Just extracted materia from some gear for the first time in like 2.5k hours. I can't tell what it did though. Did I duplicate it or something?

It's another source of materia, essentially. When you spiritbond to 100%, you can extract a materia from it, and the spiritbond will drop back down to 0%. That materia will just be dropped into your inventory.

Marie

Oct 25, 2017
People were talking about easiest jobs in the game earlier

the 3 easiest jobs imo are (from the easiest to hardest of the 3)

1) Bard
2) Dancer
3) Machinist

You have 100% free movement, the ability to attack from range and still attack anything thus giving you more ways to dodge mechanics or even outright ignore mechanics.
its the role with the easiest rotations and the most flexibility.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
People were talking about easiest jobs in the game earlier

the 3 easiest jobs imo are (from the easiest to hardest of the 3)

1) Bard
2) Dancer
3) Machinist

You have 100% free movement, the ability to attack from range and still attack anything thus giving you more ways to dodge mechanics or even outright ignore mechanics.
its the role with the easiest rotations and the most flexibility.
Yeah, I played machinist and dancer primarily to 80 and it was a good way to learn the game I think. Gives you more options to correct if you mess up or are slow to react to something.

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
Will there be any story spoilers in Live Letter? I always wanted to watch one but I'm only about halfway in Stormblood.

while they usually give very little story details there are deffinetly images they show that could be major spoilers. It's all in Japanese anyway so it's probably best to wait until later tomorrow morning when there should be a bullet point list of all the announcements.

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
So I got my main up to lvl 80 and beat Shadowbringers and I decided to try and level some other jobs. Is there a good way to level that isn't mindless tedium or am I forever cursed to running roulettes?

(I've tried some other stuff like hunting logs and leves but that exp bar is moving at an absolutely glacial pace)

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
So I got my main up to lvl 80 and beat Shadowbringers and I decided to try and level some other jobs. Is there a good way to level that isn't mindless tedium or am I forever cursed to running roulettes?

(I've tried some other stuff like hunting logs and leves but that exp bar is moving at an absolutely glacial pace)
1-50: Roulettes, Dungeons, FATEs, Levequests, Palace of the Dead
50-60: Same as above, Vath and Vanu Vanu beasttribe
60-70: Roulettes, Dungeons, FATEs, Heaven on High, Kojin and Ananta Beastribe
70-80: Roulettes, Dungeons, FATEs, and next week Bozjan Southern Front, Fairy Beasttribe

Nazo

Oct 25, 2017
1-50: Roulettes, Dungeons, FATEs, Levequests, Palace of the Dead
50-60: Same as above, Vath and Vanu Vanu beasttribe
60-70: Roulettes, Dungeons, FATEs, Heaven on High, Kojin and Ananta Beastribe
70-80: Roulettes, Dungeons, FATEs, and next week Bozjan Southern Front, Fairy Beasttribe
Thanks. I was kinda hoping this wasn't the answer but eh. Mindless grinding here I come lol.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Will this give regular exp? I was under the assumption it'd function like Eureka with its own leveling system. Fantastic if it can be used for regular leveling.
Yep!

attachment.php

Fitz

Oct 25, 2017
That's really great! I really like Eureka as a place to zone out and grind whilst listening to podcasts, but not much point beyond the glamour/achievements.

edit: my only gripe is that it appears to still be instanced, which I imagine will mean no queuing whilst in there. Having something useful to do whilst in dps queues is the dream. Only so many Beast Tribe quests and FATEs you can do.

Last edited:

DimitriLH

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Aguadilla, Puerto Rico
I missed the first 10 minutes (dog needed to go for a walk badly), but im sure it was just more of the new cool Eureka thing.

I wonder if Monk rework will be mentioned here....kinda dreading it cause I just learned monk and got used to it lol, some moves need a change though, like I think Anatman is silly.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
Hmm this new 5.4 raid in the battlefield seems like a test for Yoshi to try out the normal / heroic versions of raids seen in wow.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
What the hell is mounting in dungeons about

The gathering collectable changes are nice, I don't like the way they work currently.

plastic love

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 19, 2019
Here's a BLU question, my friends and I haven't finished the Savage raids for the Morbol mount, but with the level increase from 60 to 70 would it be better to wear the augmented Scaevan/Omega gear into the Alex raids or is there a stat/meld reason why I may want to use the augmented Shire/Alex gear?

Village

Oct 25, 2017
yosh p be like "here are new clothes" and i'm like " You are going to have to do better than that to get people to take the modern lookin clothes and the nier stuff off. " What they showed looks wack. The tank gear anyway

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
yosh p be like "here are new clothes" and i'm like " You are going to have to do better than that to get people to take the modern lookin clothes and the nier stuff off. " What they showed looks wack. The tank gear anyway
Man I kinda hate seeing people in modern clothes lol. I always associate them with the degenerates at Limsa. Nier clothes really is OP though.

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
Here's a BLU question, my friends and I haven't finished the Savage raids for the Morbol mount, but with the level increase from 60 to 70 would it be better to wear the augmented Scaevan/Omega gear into the Alex raids or is there a stat/meld reason why I may want to use the augmented Shire/Alex gear?
When gear synced, the materia in your gear is disabled. It's the reason people who do Ultimate have gearsets for that particular fight's item level sync.

Deleted member 14377

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, I played machinist and dancer primarily to 80 and it was a good way to learn the game I think. Gives you more options to correct if you mess up or are slow to react to something.

Alternatively I went ROG/NIN ASAP and got it to 80 before I even stepped foot in Stormblood lol. I've also got a 70 MCH. 50 PLD. 50 DRG. 60 SCH.

Learning a more complex class from the start over a lot of content has been really fun, and a lot easier than having it crammed through POTD grinding. It's made learning everything else really easy. I'm still suspicious over how other classes are so easy, like I'm doing something wrong lol

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Livestream in February for "new information". So expansion stuff.

And a digital fan festival in May.

Bladelaw

Oct 25, 2017
So I just finished the first Trial in Shadowbringers and hit level 80 in my first job.
The cutscene after that with the horrors the fae inflict on the Eulmoran army is the stuff of nightmares. The only thing worse so far was Tesleen's conversion into a sin eater.

Also I'm really getting tired of the forced losses to big bads in this game. Zenos in Stormblood was annoying because I was actually winning pretty handlily and now Ran'jit playing the same trick is super obnoxious. Again, I get what they're going for and it's a good opportunity to learn his attacks before the main event but holy shit do I hate this in pretty much any game it shows up in.

I'm hoping I can get "caught up" at 5.35. At the point I may take up crafting just since it's an aspect of the game I've completely ignored up till now.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I just finished the first Trial in Shadowbringers and hit level 80 in my first job.
The cutscene after that with the horrors the fae inflict on the Eulmoran army is the stuff of nightmares. The only thing worse so far was Tesleen's conversion into a sin eater.

Also I'm really getting tired of the forced losses to big bads in this game. Zenos in Stormblood was annoying because I was actually winning pretty handlily and now Ran'jit playing the same trick is super obnoxious. Again, I get what they're going for and it's a good opportunity to learn his attacks before the main event but holy shit do I hate this in pretty much any game it shows up in.

I'm hoping I can get "caught up" at 5.35. At the point I may take up crafting just since it's an aspect of the game I've completely ignored up till now.
That's the problem with how overleveled you end up being if you start the game late. When SB first came out, you did shit damage to Zenos. It was so low that I thought there was something wrong with my game. You inflict more damage in the second encounter and so on. So I get what they were going for and it was pretty effective in selling how much of a threat Zenos was because up until that point I was fucking everyone up. That seems to be lost when you start the game late and end up being probably like mid or high 70s by the time you reach SB. Ranjit always sucked though. It felt more like a "didn't we already go through this" moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.