• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
clw2ymgrnfb41.jpg

Savage? make that for everything, for every game.

"do a combo in a fighting game in training mode - feel like a badass"
"get into a actual match - forget everything"

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Savage? make that for everything, for every game.

"do a combo in a fighting game in training mode - feel like a badass"
"get into a actual match - forget everything"
The thing is even when you know the mechanics the headless chicken syndrome can be really contagious. When one person is doing something wrong and you do it wrong also then everyone is wiping all at once.

Like in ES1 when I passed a massive debuff onto the tank thinking I was helping and told another DPS to do the same. oops

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Well dang, didn't know that.

I wonder if there's any point to ask someone else to send another email invite. I'm not dying to get the rewards, but it seems silly to leave it as a lottery.
I'd just give it a day or two. They probably only send the invites out in batches once per day. They might not even be using that system currently, and it's just still sent out in batches, since I doubt that campaign is setting the world on fire.

EDIT: Just saw lower down in the very thread I linked that an SE rep said the initial rep was wrong and it's not a lottery system, it's just that the emails are sent out once daily. Sharing fake news on the internet? God, what am I, a fucking boomer? Sorry, SOLDIER.

Last edited:

Enthus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know if 1.0 got a physical release for PC in Japan that wasn't the collectors edition? I'm interested for my collection.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of guides are just bad at conveying information well. I always learned best from written guides, then wiping a few times in the content myself to actually see it. Video guides go at their own pace, which means they may not focus on the stuff you want to know more about, while spending too much time on unimportant shit. Or sometimes they portray their way as the only way to do things.

For videos, I preferred MTQ guides, but the quality of her content can sometimes vary wildly. I dropped Mr Happy really quickly back when his videos were just him droning on or reading lists of shit to you that had very little to do with what you actually need to know. I have no idea if he's gotten any better.

It's best to treat guides as a base, and then modify the strategy and information to fit your particular group. Don't treat them as gospel.

Anyway, so I finished the Shadowbringers MSQ.

That had to be one of the most satisfying game endings I've played in years. I agree with the people who say as a whole, Shadowbringers is a better ride than most single player FF games I can think of. It's a hero's story that nails its ending so well that the only comparisons I can think of in recent memory may be mass effect 1 and 2's endings.

Convenient that you were able to use all of the light you had gathered up to kill Hades so that it won't bother you anymore.

With the Hades opening cutscene, I agree with those who said that the Exarch's summoning must've been to summon WoLs from other worlds to fight with you. It's shown when you all pulled out the Light's blessing in the very last part of that fight.

I couldn't see shit during that last part, by the way. That was too fucking shiny.

The story arc ends with a neat bow, but the world still has a few loose ends to handle. What was the dark beast that the warriors of light in the First slew to start this whole flood of light in the first place? The sin eaters came out of nowhere and there's still no telling how to actually restore balance between light and dark in the First.

I'm a bit disappointed that the story looks like it may be going back to your world and Zenos after this. Trading a villain as interesting as Emet-Selch with one as one-dimensional as Zenos is going to be really jarring.

Though with the way Elidibus just left and gave Zenos back his body with the full knowledge that he would probably take the throne for himself... I'm guessing that may have been what Elidibus wanted anyway.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of guides are just bad at conveying information well. I always learned best from written guides, then wiping a few times in the content myself to actually see it. Video guides go at their own pace, which means they may not focus on the stuff you want to know more about, while spending too much time on unimportant shit. Or sometimes they portray their way as the only way to do things.

For videos, I preferred MTQ guides, but the quality of her content can sometimes vary wildly. I dropped Mr Happy really quickly back when his videos were just him droning on or reading lists of shit to you that had very little to do with what you actually need to know. I have no idea if he's gotten any better.

It's best to treat guides as a base, and then modify the strategy and information to fit your particular group. Don't treat them as gospel.

Anyway, so I finished the Shadowbringers MSQ.

That had to be one of the most satisfying game endings I've played in years. I agree with the people who say as a whole, Shadowbringers is a better ride than most single player FF games I can think of. It's a hero's story that nails its ending so well that the only comparisons I can think of in recent memory may be mass effect 1 and 2's endings.

Convenient that you were able to use all of the light you had gathered up to kill Hades so that it won't bother you anymore.

With the Hades opening cutscene, I agree with those who said that the Exarch's summoning must've been to summon WoLs from other worlds to fight with you. It's shown when you all pulled out the Light's blessing in the very last part of that fight.

I couldn't see shit during that last part, by the way. That was too fucking shiny.

The story arc ends with a neat bow, but the world still has a few loose ends to handle. What was the dark beast that the warriors of light in the First slew to start this whole flood of light in the first place? The sin eaters came out of nowhere and there's still no telling how to actually restore balance between light and dark in the First.

I'm a bit disappointed that the story looks like it may be going back to your world and Zenos after this. Trading a villain as interesting as Emet-Selch with one as one-dimensional as Zenos is going to be really jarring.

Though with the way Elidibus just left and gave Zenos back his body with the full knowledge that he would probably take the throne for himself... I'm guessing that may have been what Elidibus wanted anyway.

The Eden raid story covers some of your questions about the first.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
I met the mythical "toxic FFXIV player" in Copied Factory last night.

I just want some boots, man.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
What were they getting pissy over? All my Copied Factory runs have been super smooth, haven't seen any toxicity in there yet.

I was playing SCH, so they were upset that I wasn't using shields enough/correctly. 🤷‍♂️

I don't even read chat in random dungeons except to say hi/bye

I'm playing healer so I don't really have a lot holding my attention except chat. I need an audiobook or something.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you go to his profile and view his most recent post, you can see the post that got him banned

What were they getting pissy over? All my Copied Factory runs have been super smooth, haven't seen any toxicity in there yet.
I got kicked last week for DPSing too much as a WHM. People were doing a TERRIBLE job of dodging mechanics. At one point half the alliance including the other healer just died all at once. I blinked and they were dead. I think it was that pushback plus rotating balls of death mechanic near the end. Me and the tank and maybe a DPS were the only survivors and I'm guessing I took the blame. Then the group gets started on the trash mob after the boss without the healers and the tank dies almost immediately. I assume it's without either healer because I don't see how he could've possibly died with a healer there. That mob is super easy. I got salty as fuck.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
What specifically where they getting salty about? Shields are nice and all but it's not like it's a requirement all the time.

Tbh consolation and deploy tactics for Adlo are all I bother with most of the time. Succor shields just seem shit.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I got kicked last week for DPSing too much as a WHM. People were doing a TERRIBLE job of dodging mechanics. At one point half the alliance including the other healer just died all at once. I blinked and they were dead. I think it was that pushback plus rotating balls of death mechanic near the end. Me and the tank and maybe a DPS were the only survivors and I'm guessing I took the blame. Then the group gets started on the trash mob after the boss without the healers and the tank dies almost immediately. I assume it's without either healer because I don't see how he could've possibly died with a healer there. That mob is super easy. I got salty as fuck.
LOL, what the fuck. Like, that's kind of a tricky mechanic, but A) any mechanic failures are on the person who failed them and B) as humans, we have the ability to predict where things moving in a known pattern will be in a few seconds time, it's certainly not an impossible mechanic to dodge, I think I've only outright died once to it. How are that many people that fucking arrogant/dumb all in one place

Last edited:

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
For rotating balls I pop off a regen or a consolation but after that idgaf if you die unless you're a tank or co healer. Even then git gud it's not my problem. Anti knockback is a thing all classes have

After all if a healer dies to a mechanic like that it's much more of an issue than dead dps.

Fight 1 is roughest on healers.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For rotating balls I pop off a regen or a consolation but after that idgaf if you die unless you're a tank or co healer. Even then git gud it's not my problem. Anti knockback is a thing all classes have

After all if a healer dies to a mechanic like that it's much more of an issue than dead dps.

Fight 1 is roughest on healers.
It's kind of irritating how many people don't use anti knockback, especially melee DPS. There is no excuse.

I think what really pissed them off were my nonchalant responses.

"How about you actually heal? GLARE GLARE GLARE"

"We're fine" is all I said to that. Because we were. I was totally chill. You're a DPS. I'll revive you. Just shut up and dodge better. Then I got a sarcastic "yeah sure. Fine" when the tank somehow got massacred by the trash mob. First of all, I wasn't even there yet. No one told you to run off without making sure the whole group was there first. Second, how the hell do you actually die there? That was the most upsetting part. It's a bunch of small stubbys that die within seconds. And it was a PLD. I couldn't comprehend it. The audacity to fucking blame me for that got me so mad.

Atlantis

Oct 25, 2017
What specifically where they getting salty about? Shields are nice and all but it's not like it's a requirement all the time.

Tbh consolation and deploy tactics for Adlo are all I bother with most of the time. Succor shields just seem shit.

I couldn't really tell you.

I didn't play before ShB, but SCH seems to have a "shield healer" reputation even though it's not really true. Consolation is the only shield I use with any regularity, and I'll pop a Succor during boss transitions and such. Deployment Tactics' 10y radius makes it pretty niche for these unorganized PuG groups.

I wasn't really bothered, it's more the feeling of finding some rare mythical beast. 😛 The community in this game has been great (and very...horny) so far. Though, I do tend to play a bit too much like I'm in a Static Speed Clear (You want me to use a GCD to HEAL!?) and not some random mess of a PuG, which is probably something I should change. You can only resurrect these mechanic magnets so many times, though...

"How about you actually heal? GLARE GLARE GLARE"

My search info says "Broil Mage" for a reason.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I have been shit at SCH and had no idea why, always running out of MP and never having enough aetherflow stacks. Then I started using the fairy skills in place of casting adloq or succor. Oh my hydaelyn, the difference it makes. They're so good they're better than the GCD casts sometimes. Fey union is the most OP healing ability this side of Eorzea. I now have so many stacks of aetherflow most of the time I have to burn them with Energy Drain. Excognition is incredible. This job has just become my favorite healer

Kuosi

Oct 30, 2017
Finland
Succor is called sucker for a reason, it's very rarely used, pretty much only when you want a big aoe heal with emergency tactics, oh and ultimates but thats a different thing for healing all together

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
If you're a glamour savant then every outfit can be the edgiest of edgy. Like me

MrDaravon

Oct 25, 2017
Well it took almost two weeks (I think?) but I finally wrapped up or at least unlocked all of the 2.0 launch + quests (outside of picking up alternate jobs). All I have left is to actually do is the Odin and Greg fights as well as the Crystal Tower but I'm in no huge rush for those, and also I started the level 50 Relic weapon quest but I'm hardly going to stress about grinding those out right now, much less before moving on with the MSQ. I'll start working on progressing the 2.1+ MSQ this week. I'm already almost level 57 lol. At some point soon I do need to start grinding out Moogle tomestones, as a new player I don't have anything on offer and I definitely want at least a couple of the mounts. People keep saying Rival Wings is faster/better than doing the MSQ Roulette and hoping for Prae, but I still need to try that.

I am pretty sure that I'm missing more beast tribes that are unlockable now though but I haven't been bothered to google it or whatever yet; I've got the Slyphs and lizard people at Rank 1 so at 6 quests per day for each I'm using all of my tribe tokens anyway. I ran into the Ixual (sp) folks but I need a crafting class I don't have for them at the moment. I started leveling Carpenter a bit to see if I wanted to bother making the level 50 weapon for the Relic quest myself as opposed to asking someone in the FC or buying it off the MB, dunno that I'm really feeling it at level 15. Botanist I've got at like 52 and I enjoy that quite a bit, mechanically Carpentry just feels overly complicated even at the low level I'm at?

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
oh cool, not only does the magitek predator look a lot different than the magitek you get from ARR story mode, when you're flying the giant rockets on it's back have a boost animation.

SpoonyBob

Oct 27, 2017
Arkansas
maxresdefault.jpg

When I was going through the story content from a few months ago, I was pretty psyched to learn about the mount, but I've never seen it drop in the dungeon.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually got it in the dungeon. I didn't even know it was a drop. I must've been incredibly lucky.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I have done the dungeon it drops from many, many, many times, and I have only ever seen it drop once.

I didn't win it. :(

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm gonna get the Warring Lanner. Sephirot is considered the hard bird fight right? I figure it would make my life easier if I wanna go back and farm them.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
Bard is easily the hardest of the three ranged physical dps in my opinion, and thus probably my least favorite. I'm only 74 (I think? it's the next one I've been lvling via the various daily roulettes lately) and right now it's certainly my least favorite of the three, with Machinist having shot up to number 1 and Dancer dropping to second place.

Keeping up with the songs (as in remembering to go into the next one when one ends), the bloodletter resets (because its just a normal ass reset during mage's balad and not a proc technically, it doesnt "light up" which really screws with me noticing when its up), not letting the dots drop AND try to clip them when you have buffs, its just... a lot.

Meanwhile Dancer is just "spam your shit and when you get procs, spam your procs" and Machinist is "spam ALL your shit and then you have nothing to do except your 3 hit combo and drill for awhile" which is very easy to keep track of in my opinion.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
I really like the flow of Bard. Once you get used to the timing of everything along with some muscle memory, it feels good to play. I've switched over to Tanking now, but still occasionally dps as Bard. Setup those hotbars to your liking, increase the size of your DOT timer icons and whatever personal tweaks, profit.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Made it to the hyperconductive stage of my first anima weapon. Boy this axe looks neat. Also randomly did Coil of Bahamut unsynced, had no idea I did not do it lol.

Also had my first run in with bots in a dungeon. Weird... they were using map hacks to be above the first boss and took no damage using ranged jobs then bounced. Gonna report them when I log in tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.