• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Dz9Zg8w.png

uaoHnKk.png

sABrJGn.png

Ala Mhigo is at last free from imperial rule, but that liberty may prove fleeting as the Empire moves to both reclaim this bloodied nation and subjugate all of Eorzea. In their hour of need, however, they cannot turn to the Warrior of Light. Nor to the Scions, who yet slumber, their souls adrift. The realm is left to struggle without its saviors, for they have been beckoned beyond time and space─beckoned to the First.
Here a new adventure begins in a world where light ushers all unto oblivion. But hope is not yet lost, for where there is light there is shadow.
Hero becomes villain as the Warrior of Light embraces the dark, and embarks upon an adventure that transcends worlds. Pore over these records─learn about the lands and the foes that await─and prepare for the trials ahead.
THROW WIDE THE GATES AND
BECOME THE
WARRIOR OF DARKNESS
OaQkKj3.png

4foqm88.png

K2jTaGk.png
The Flood of Light rendered the vast majority of the First devoid of life, with Norvrandt remaining as the last bastion. Being a reflection of the Source, its climates and environs resemble those of Eorzea, though the cultures of its diverse range of inhabitants have taken an entirely different course over its troubled history.
AVMUAr8.png

• The Crystarium - A bustling city that developed around the Crystal Tower in the years following its sudden appearance in Lakeland. It serves as a safe haven for people of all races and creeds as they join hands in the struggle against the merciless sin eaters.
  • Eulmore - With its influence extending across the majority of the isle of Kholusia, this powerful military nation once stood firm against the onslaught of the sin eaters. Recent years have seen a drastic shift in Eulmore's position, with the wealthy upper classes turning their backs on the plight of the world, indulging in an endless parade of decadence and debauchery.

5NiwAh1.png

• Il Mheg - Tucked away in the mountains, this enchanted land was once home to the Kingdom of Voeburt. When men abandoned it following the Flood of Light, it instead became home to the fae folk, the playful and childlike pixies chief among them.
  • Rak'tika - Once, long before its towering trees were seeds, in this millennia-old forest stood the royal capital of an advanced magical civilization─the Ronkan Empire. The stony remnants of its lost grandeur can still be spied beneath the shadowy boughs.
  • Amh Araeng - It was on the edges of this vast desert, occupying the southern expanse of Norvrandt, that the Flood of Light was halted. Inhospitable from the beginning, it now lies on the threshold of life and all-consuming radiance.
  • Lakeland - A verdant region centered around the Source, the great lake whence it derives its name. Rich in aether, this land has long been held sacred by the elves, its original inhabitants. Nowadays, it falls under the aegis of the Crystarium, mankind's final bastion in the war against sin eaters.
  • Kholusia - The largest island in Norvrandt, the greater part of Kholusia lies under the dominion of Eulmore, the city of final pleasures. Compared to other lands, it is known for experiencing few sin eater attacks, a reputation which draws throngs of refugees to its shores.

oSxlJwS.png

fegrwrs.png

MXYhttH.png

• Gunbreaker - The Hrothgar of northern Ilsabard have passed the art of the gunblade from one generation to the next. The weapon itself combines a sword with a firing mechanism, emitting a range of magical effects by utilizing aetherically imbued cartridges. Originally employed by Queen Gunnhildr's personal guard, they were once known as "Gunnhildr's Blades" and differ greatly from the similarly named weapons used in the Garlean Empire.
  • Dancer - From the Near Eastern nation of Thavnair comes a troupe of bewitchingly graceful performers. Though certainly elegant and beautiful, their movements also speak of martial discipline─of a pulsing, persistent energy whose rhythm can inspire souls and soothe troubled hearts. Inured to the hardships of the road, these dancers have learned to land throwing weapons with the same exacting precision as their footfalls, removing any who would obstruct the endless beat of the dance.
KqqZqpI.png

jO8KBfh.png

• Viera - Of tall stature and slender frame, the Viera's physical appearance is strikingly similar to that of the Hyur and Elezen, save for their distinctive long ears. Adhering to a strict code known as the Green Word, they are prohibited from contact with the outside world under threat of exile. Their society is purely matriarchal, and males of age are seldom, if ever, found within the bounds of any village. They instead serve as protectors of the wood from the shadows, that no evil may ever encroach on their sacred lands.
  • Hrothgar - Hailing from the distant shores of Ilsabard, the Hrothgar are a burly people of lionlike appearance—or the males are, at least. Females number staggeringly few among their population, and thus are rarely so much as glimpsed by the other races. The Hrothgar's imposing countenance─mitigated not at all by their sharp claws and still sharper fangs—incited panic amongst Eorzeans upon their arrival. As they were also unable to communicate, initial interactions with the commonfolk often escalated into conflict. It was not until the Hrothgar gained mastery of the common tongue that fears were allayed, and in time they would be as neighbors, welcome in all corners of the realm.

ZFVsqVG.png

NjdEpRO.png

In Shadowbringers, players will have the opportunity to challenge dungeons with a party of trusted non-player characters, including various Scions of the Seventh Dawn—though the traditional party matching systems will of course remain intact.
IP3aKR3.png

cMm5szv.png

The Dragonsong War has long since ended, but its scars yet remain. As man and dragon work together to restore the Holy See to glory, they aim to lay the cornerstone of the new Ishgard─the Firmament. However, nations are not rebuilt in a day, and this one has come to find it wants for helping hands...
4xxIKKi.png

dUa5CaA.png
nll0MTc.png
iiPPAu6.png

• Level Cap Increase
The level cap will be raised to 80 with the release of Shadowbringers. With this will come new actions for classes and jobs—as well as new foes on which to hone your skills.

• New Game +
This brand-new system will allow for replay of previously completed quests while retaining one's current progression and job level.

• New Gear and Crafting Recipes
With new adventures come new opportunities, so expect a plethora of new recipes to craft and resources for the taking.
BbsTouv.png

YOERixK.png

LjaRKdb.png

As light threatens to engulf Norvrandt, her people would seek sanctuary in shadow. Yet even the dark denies them solace. What new dangers lurk in the dungeons of Shadowbringers?
MVUaPnb.png

ZRJnse4.png

• Titania - A being of great power, Titania holds sway over the pixies and other fae folk of Il Mheg─folk who, despite their notoriously temperamental natures, bow before their ruler one and all.
  • Innocence - Innocence sits at the top of the hierarchy of sin eaters─the beings that emerged from the Flood to plague what remains of mankind. Beyond that, its nature and purpose remain shrouded in mystery.

VAYrl39.png

gM1W47r.png

lEj4BlV.png

8Svzy9n.png
This exciting new raid written by guest creators YOKO TARO and Yosuke Saito will see FINAL FANTASY and NieR come together as never before! What grand adventure awaits the enigmatic automaton garbed in white?

sQrCXJZ.png

WQ41oKN.png

qfDUuJo.png
Beyond the boundaries of Norvrandt lies the Empty─a land drowned in the primordial light of the Flood. To redress the balance of the elements, our hero must wield a power the likes of which the First has never known. The power of Eden.
Featuring character design work by famed director and designer Tetsuya Nomura.
D1dC9xs.png

5wHDJpR.png

• Pixies - Though they boast a command of magic unrivaled in Norvrandt, pixies generally limit their sphere of activity to Il Mheg, dancing amongst the winds on colorful wings. Do not be fooled, however─they are often as cruel as they are carefree.
  • Nu Mou - Though somewhat canine in appearance, the Nu Mou are indeed members of the fae, and make their homes in Il Mheg. They are more fairly disposed toward man than their pixie cousins, however, and maintained close ties with the people of Voeburt in its day.
  • Dwarves - This insular tribe dwells upon Mt. Gulg in Kholusia, its diminutive people rarely leaving the community of their birth. Dwarves are known for their skill at mining, metallurgy, and crafting mechanical marvels, but they themselves consider the true marks of dwarfhood to be respect for tradition and adherence to strict ancestral laws.

Last edited:

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
szmQe4F.png

Shadowbringers Launch Trailer
Shadowbringers Cinematic Trailer
Job Actions Trailer
Benchmark Trailer
Benchmark / Character Creator
Dungeon Crawl
The Hrothgar Race Trailer
The Viera Race Trailer
Gunbreaker Reveal
Dancer Reveal
Expansions Site (Screenshots & Artwork)
Fan Kit (Wallpapers, etc)
65dAhfJ.png

dHokEYq.png
Is there a free-trial?

There is a free trial with unlimited play time for the vanilla game (FFXIV: A Realm Reborn) up to Lv35, with restrictions. It's available on PlayStation (no PS+ required), Windows, and Steam. All servers are cross-platform. If you enjoyed the trial, you can purchase the full game and continue playing from right where you left off.

Also check out the Recruit-a-Friend Campaign if you're a new player! Feel free to ask for an invite from a current player so that both of you can receive bonus rewards.

dHokEYq.png
Do I need to own past expansion to play Shadowbringers ?

Yes. Every edition of Shadowbringers will also include the past expansions.(Heavensward,Stormblood)
There's also a Complete Edition which includes everything you need to play.

dHokEYq.png
Do I need to purchase Shadowbringers for each of the platforms that I currently play FFXIV on?

Yes. For example: You play FFXIV on PC and PS4 and wish to play the expansion on both of those platforms, then you would need to purchase and register Shadowbringers for both PC and PS4.

dHokEYq.png
I bought and play FFXIV on Steam. Do I need to purchase Shadowbringers on Steam to upgrade my account?

Yes, you do as the Steam and Windows versions of FFXIV: ARR have different play entitlements. The registration code that comes with the purchase of the Steam version of FFXIV is a Steam-specific play entitlement. If you purchased the game via Steam and set up your service account using the Steam-included code then you cannot use a non-Steam version of Shadowbringers to add the expansion to your existing account.

dHokEYq.png
What are the in-game requirements for accessing Shadowbringers content?

You must have a Lv70 character that has completed all the Main Scenario Quests from patch 2.0 ARR to patch 4.5 SB. However— you can still acquire the Gunbreaker and Dancer jobs in Gridania,Limsa Lominsa with a Starting Level of 60.

dHokEYq.png
I want to skip all these Main Scenario Quests!

There are Scenario Shortcut items available for purchase on Mog Station's optional items shop. These items will flag all MSQ up to patch 2.55's Before the Dawn (ARR ~ $18) or patch 3.56's The Far Edge of Fate (ARR+HW ~ $25) as complete. You'll also automatically gain a chocobo mount and will be set to your starting city-state's grand company. This item will not boost your job levels.

dHokEYq.png
I want to skip all this leveling!

There are Job Level-boost items available for purchase ($25) on Mog Station's optional items shop. This item will boost a single job of your choice to Lv70 and include a full set of Lv70 gear. You'll also automatically flag the job quests as complete and learn all the job's actions. This item will not flag any MSQ as complete.

dHokEYq.png
Will the trust system be able to be used for lower level dungeons like for alts or just 71-80 dungeons?
No the trust system can only be use for Shadowbringers story dungeons LV 71-80. Maybe at a later time.
SXIWZYA.png

❗Ultros has a restriction on when new characters can be added to the server. Your best bet is to try from midnight to early morning hours. Ultros prime time is in the evening for NA. Players from other regions might prefer servers that are closer to their location due to latency and time zone.

Name: [Cenozoic] «Era»​
World/Server: Ultros​
Data Center: Primal​
Websites: Lodestone (Roster)
(look for this FC icon)​
ZD4jZrf.png

dHokEYq.png
HOW TO JOIN «Era» (FC/GUILD):

Submitting a Free Company Application

Target or search up any member with the tag «Era» in-game, then select View Company Profile from the subcommand menu.
1e50acf08461e355e3e5d4736391ba3f787720f1_1.png

You can find members anywhere or near the FC's estate in Shirogane: Northwest Aetheryte - Ward 18, Plot 30. You can also submit an application through the sign located outside.

2. Select Submit Application at the bottom of the Company Profile window.
1e50acf08461e355e3e5d4736391ba3f787720f1_2.png

3. Enter a message including your ResetEra username (if you have an account), to be sent with your application. Then press Confirm to submit.
1e50acf08461e355e3e5d4736391ba3f787720f1_3.png

4. An officer will review your application when available. You will be added to the free company automatically when the application is accepted. You do not need to be online for this process.

5. After you get in add your ERA name to your FC short message.
8paWsK3.png

x675L9R.png

dHokEYq.png
Basic Game Utility

The Lodestone. Official site for news and more.​
Mog Station. Account management and optional items shop.​

dHokEYq.png
Resources

Garland Tools. Multi function database.​
FFXIV Teamcraft. Crafting/Gathering.​
/r/FFXIV. Subreddit.​
Ariyala's FFXIV Toolkit. Gear calculator.​
Crafting as a Service. Crafting information.​
Cat Became Hungry. Fishing information.(doesn't like adblock)​
FFXIV Clock. Gathering timers.​
Apkallu Falls. Minions and mounts.​
FFXIV Housing. Furnishings.​
FFXIV Hunts. Locations of hunt marks.​
PvPaissa. All things PvP.​
Eorzea Collection. Glamour Catalogue.​

dHokEYq.png
Guides

dHokEYq.png
Videos

————

❗ Please be mindful of spoilers when discussing main story quests.

CYV0whs.gif

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
SMN can do around BLM damage with 80% of their kit being instant cast and no weird stance mechanics so probably

Azem

Oct 25, 2017
SMN is easily getting -20 or -30 more or less across the board at a bare minimum.

And Tri-Disaster? The single most absurd button in the game?
Well, I love it and I will mourn its death.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Question about the Callback Campaign: does the invited person who resubs also get Chocobo feathers?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
*sniff* *sniff*

Ahh, that fresh thread smell.
FFXIV is a very very good game.
🔥HOT TAKE ALERT🔥
Question about the Callback Campaign: does the invited person who resubs also get Chocobo feathers?
Inviter gets 5x Gold Chocobo Feathers (if invitee pays for game time within 90 days of returning).
Invitee gets 7 days of game time, 99x Aetheryte Tickets, and 10x Silver Chocobo Feathers.

Seraphis Cain

Oct 25, 2017
Healed Holminster for the first time today in leveling roulette. Made sure to let the party know in chat beforehand. Pretty sure the tank popped Superbolide on the last group of mobs before the boss just to make sure I was paying attention, lol.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I healed exdr last night for Ash and Luci. I should have let them die, just to troll them.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
the gear you get with goetia / phantasmagoria currency (the shit u get from the expert roulette) is a lot lower ilvl than I expected. Like, the crafted rings and shit I got are actually higher lvl than the goetia stuff, and its not like they shower you with that currency. Weird.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
The Goetia gear was the first endgame gear you could get, as soon as you finished the 5.0 msq, so of course it's lower than newer gear. The Phantasmagoria gear can be augmented to 470 with drops from Eden Savage or you can buy the augment items with Copied Factory currency.

Rhaknar

Oct 26, 2017
The Goetia gear was the first endgame gear you could get, as soon as you finished the 5.0 msq, so of course it's lower than newer gear. The Phantasmagoria gear can be augmented to 470 with drops from Eden Savage or you can buy the augment items with Copied Factory currency.

still only a 20 ilvl diffeence. Again, I'm not complaining, just seems stange for me. Reminder I come from wow, where ilvl differences are much more drastic is all.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Are retainers buggy really bad for anyone else at moment. My seller retainer says 0 Gil but when summoned and dismissed suddenly has Gil from sales made. It happens none stop i can't tell if I'm making Gil unless I summon then dismiss her. Same with ventures it doesn't say complete until summoned then it changes

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington
still only a 20 ilvl diffeence. Again, I'm not complaining, just seems stange for me. Reminder I come from wow, where ilvl differences are much more drastic is all.

On top of the ilevel you also have to look at the sub stats since some sets have ones that are completely worthless for certain jobs which is why you will currently see in a lot of current BiS lists having a mixture of Deepshadow and Edengrace gear.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
I took a break once I hit Heavensward this summer because the early game had thoroughly burned me out, but I think it's time to finally jump back in. I really liked the opening of HW and I'm pretty excited to see where it goes.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Are retainers buggy really bad for anyone else at moment. My seller retainer says 0 Gil but when summoned and dismissed suddenly has Gil from sales made. It happens none stop i can't tell if I'm making Gil unless I summon then dismiss her. Same with ventures it doesn't say complete until summoned then it changes

The gil thing at least has been happening with my retainers since they introduced the new retainer interface in 5.0.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
This is an aspect of the game I really like. Since ilvl increases aren't huge, you don't necessarily have to get the absolute best gear 24/7, since the "easy" gear is only slightly behind the "hard". My main job is at ilvl 468 right now. The second Nier raid is probably going to have a min ilvl of 465. I could literally not do anything during patch 5.2 and still be able to walk into the second Nier raid day 1. Even if you fall behind, there's always that farmable second tier currency that will put you not far behind the best gear and allow you to get into the most recent normal tier content. Even if you fall off the gear treadmill, it's not a huge effort to get back up to speed. It really fits with Yoshi-P's philosophy of "feel free to leave and come back later if you're getting bored/burnt out". You don't gotta play this game 24/7 to have fun with it, unlike some other MMOs/GaaS.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
This is an aspect of the game I really like. Since ilvl increases aren't huge, you don't necessarily have to get the absolute best gear 24/7, since the "easy" gear is only slightly behind the "hard". My main job is at ilvl 468 right now. The second Nier raid is probably going to have a min ilvl of 465. I could literally not do anything during patch 5.2 and still be able to walk into the second Nier raid day 1. Even if you fall behind, there's always that farmable second tier currency that will put you not far behind the best gear and allow you to get into the most recent normal tier content. Even if you fall off the gear treadmill, it's not a huge effort to get back up to speed. It really fits with Yoshi-P's philosophy of "feel free to leave and come back later if you're getting bored/burnt out". You don't gotta play this game 24/7 to have fun with it, unlike some other MMOs/GaaS.
465 seems high isn't it? Unless I'm missing something. Like I've done casual gearing through Eden and Nier and I'm only 450 on my main.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Well you get one 460 a week from Nier, as well as a free coin which can upgrade a phanta to 470. You have crafter gear also to fill any non 460+ gaps, which cost goetia also.

I'm at 462 and 461 on Smn/sch. Dont feel inclined to go much more.

It used to be much worse, there was heaps of normal mode content in HW I never saw until resubbing last year cause they really did expect you to grind then.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
465 seems high isn't it? Unless I'm missing something. Like I've done casual gearing through Eden and Nier and I'm only 450 on my main.
465 being high for the min ilvl of Nier 2 or being high for a character?

Being high for the min ilvl of Nier 2: not at all.
Every AR since HW has had a 30 ilvl difference between them.
HW: 175/205/235
StB: 305/335/365
ShB: 435/465 (probably)/495 (probably)

It's fairly high for a character ilvl right now, yeah, considering top end gear is 470 for non-weapons and 475 for weapons. That's enhanced Phanta (470) for everything except pants which are Nier (460). I'd imagine most are not above 465 right now, but it'll be a lot easier to be above that in 5.2.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
465 being high for the min ilvl of Nier 2 or being high for a character?

Being high for the min ilvl of Nier 2: not at all.
Every AR since HW has had a 30 ilvl difference between them.
HW: 175/205/235
StB: 305/335/365
ShB: 435/465 (probably)/495 (probably)

It's fairly high for a character ilvl right now, yeah, considering top end gear is 470. That's enhanced Phanta (470) for everything except pants which are Nier (460). I'd imagine most are not above 465 right now, but it'll be a lot easier to be above that in 5.2.
Huh

What is the expected iLevel for the next tier of Eden?

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Pop onto market board and buy some facet gear, trade in with goetia at Eulmore and get HQ facet gear

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017

I don't know how WoW does it, but Final Fantasy XIV never has very high ilevel increases. Historically, there has been a 30 level increase with each ilevel increase. The next increase will be 5.2. Eden Normal gear should be ilevel 480, with Savage gear being 500 and the Savage weapon being 505. The next tomestone gear should be 490, upgradable to 500. That means Shadowbringers's ilevel should cap at 510 for Normal gear and 530 for Savage gear in 5.4, with the last set of tomestone gear also capping at 530. The relic should cap at 535, with the last Savage weapon.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
I might actually grind the relic especially if Gunbreaker gets one (it should). Give me something to do and make me hate myself also during gaps between updates

OP
OP
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I might actually grind the relic especially if Gunbreaker gets one (it should). Give me something to do and make me hate myself also during gaps between updates
There's no if about it, all normal battle jobs get relics. Just not retroactively(so obviously no Gunbreaker relic coming out of Eureka).

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah. All jobs, except BLU, will get relics. Even crafters are getting relic weapons this expansion.

OP
OP
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
yeah it was a pain when I came back for Heavensward and Stormblood I jumped in samurai with no relic then when I got to Eureka it was dead player wise so never bothered.
It's certainly not impossible to solo most of it but it's hard as hell and not worth the time, you're right. Hoping they do something to revitalize it. Would be cool if they included it as an option for certain steps in the new relic I suppose.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
The relics I do will be determined by how much of a pain in the ass they are and what they look like

Status
Not open for further replies.