• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So for example, I just did the quest to unlock labryinth of the ancients. The quest is to now queue and beat it. Any negative to not doing it besides missing out on seeing them?? What about the quests to enter and complete extreme shiva, or thok ast thok? I've "unlocked" them in the queue, is just the quest to beat them. Any reason to keep the quest in my log? I don't want to potentially miss out on quest or content locked behind them.

i believe you need to keep it for further quest chains. Like Labyrinth of the ancients is part 1 of a multiple part quest chain, so I am pretty sure you need to keep that quest. As for some of the extremes, I don't think so? I personally kept them and just hid them til i could solo them.

Also, definitely do labryinth of the ancients and the whole quest line.

Tendo

Oct 26, 2017
i believe you need to keep it for further quest chains. Like Labyrinth of the ancients is part 1 of a multiple part quest chain, so I am pretty sure you need to keep that quest. As for some of the extremes, I don't think so? I personally kept them and just hid them til i could solo them.

Also, definitely do labryinth of the ancients and the whole quest line.
That is what I've been doing as well - hiding them for now. Seems to work out ok! I'd like to do them someday. When I have time. Ha!

Thanks for the info!

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the people in the FC who helped me finally finish second coil of Bahamut. Was hoping it was going to be easy to solo Final Coil with a DPS but looks like no lmao. (I was able to solo Final Coil Turn 3 but not 1 or 2). Want to get this done in case there are any references to it in the next patch.

Also holy shit Alisaie's ARR voice is awful.

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Finally got the Nier raid done. Was pretty interesting. Also my first 24 man. Basically got everything I wanted to do before my current sub drops.

Tried Titania EX as well... not a fan of the people you meet in these level of bosses. Felt like the game stopped being fun full stop. Won't be doing it again personally.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
You can meet nice people to run EX/savage with but that's like a whole questline in itself lol.

It's hard to find people who are nice but also on a similar skill wavelength to yourself. You don't want to be the one holding a group back from progressing but also it sucks ass to be held back by others. I dunno, it's rough.

I'm going to get on PF early next week and see how it goes.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
The worst part about Party Finder is how many groups spend 20 minutes placing markers and assigning positions, only to wipe on the first pull and disband.

I've watched people raid on JP servers on Twitch and it takes like 5 seconds with a position macro. But we have to suffer standing on a 1 mark for eternity.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Is it bad that half of my excitement from the patch is knowing that Mekkah Dee and dudewhereismyspoon will make videos with all of the new music? :D

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The worst part about Party Finder is how many groups spend 20 minutes placing markers and assigning positions, only to wipe on the first pull and disband.

I've watched people raid on JP servers on Twitch and it takes like 5 seconds with a position macro. But we have to suffer standing on a 1 mark for eternity.

I remember seeing people on NA servers trying to make raid macros happen back in the 3.0 days, but they'd get shouted down because people found it annoying or were indignant about being told what to do, lol.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
7 entire days
VX9KGTp.gif

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
Raid macros are just those things where they print the mechanics in the chat and you pick your position, right? Those are handy, why would anyone give out about it on PF lol.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I just want one more of the Eden Hand Pieces from Leviathan, is that so much to ask? I always roll 20 tops on it :(

OP
OP
Dark Knight

Dark Knight

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I forget, is .2 usually the patch where we get the upgradeable/dyeable versions of the expac's Artifact armor?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

There's been a longtime issue about how the JP servers are generally way better with PFing difficult content while it's usually a shit show in western servers.

I heard it's a community thing where people on JP servers don't go on pf (or is it DF?) until they know the fight, so it's the norm for each player to have done their homework before they queue in. So players go in, execute the community standard strategy and then get the clear in short order.

Compare that with the western community where most people who queue in either don't know the fight or don't know what they're doing, there's often disagreement on what strategy to pull off and so on, and the party usually fails. Sometimes a party can fail even if every single person knows the fight, purely because of strategy disagreements.

Then there are people who try to sneak into clear parties when they clearly don't know squat, hoping to get carried to a clear. It's very inconsiderate.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm dreading the inevitable cliffhanger that the MSQ for 5.2 is going to end on. If I remember, I think they were making a bigger deal than usual of these next two patches being two halves of Shadowbringers conclusion.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
So Anatman opener. Coeurl stance -> Shoulder tackle -> Anatman right? Except half the time when I try it I have to wait 3 seconds for Anatman to do anything.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I like when you start a countdown, and one of the healers just immediately casts Dia.

Wow, 3.05?? That's nuts, I didn't remember it being so soon with HW. Anyways, hope we get it with this one!

Yeah, it was pretty weird.

I could see them holding off on it for the Not-Eureka 5.35 thing they've mentioned, but I would like to see it come before that, lol.
That said, I'm also pretty happy with the AFs as they are, lol. I mostly wanted to do Eureka to get a nice Lucina glam.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I like when you start a countdown, and one of the healers just immediately casts Dia.

Yeah, it was pretty weird.

I could see them holding off on it for the Not-Eureka 5.35 thing they've mentioned, but I would like to see it come before that, lol.
That said, I'm also pretty happy with the AFs as they are, lol. I mostly wanted to do Eureka to get a nice Lucina glam.
Which AF would help you with a Lucina glam?

scy

Oct 25, 2017
I heard it's a community thing where people on JP servers don't go on pf (or is it DF?) until they know the fight, so it's the norm for each player to have done their homework before they queue in. So players go in, execute the community standard strategy and then get the clear in short order.

The previous, unsure if still true in Shadowbringers, trend for JP has been they PF for the sake of practice and then being able to execute it in DF so you're right there. So this is where you end up with a more consistent strat base, better use of macros, and just generally a more willingness to simply "do as told" rather than people doing whatever split tanks/healers/DPS wise for positioning.

It's always funny when you PF something and someone only knows the fight from a specific position; literally no mechanics change but E instead of W or E instead of SE and suddenly they're griping.

Then there are people who try to sneak into clear parties when they clearly don't know squat, hoping to get carried to a clear. It's very inconsiderate.

There's a lot to be said about many people's suggestions are to practice in PF the phase ahead of where you are, the general trend of people assuming others are at fault, not pulling their own weight but thirsty for clears, etc. Hell, you can see it a lot with statics too where they limp into seeing X phase and it's suddenly "PHASE PROG NOW." Watching a lot of TEA prog and seeing people limp into BJ/CC or Wormhole or Exatrine and it quickly becomes Phase 2 / Wormhole / Clear prog despite another 20-30 pulls of previous phase prog to clean up to even get there again.

I pretty much only ever do any content with my static so most my observations are basically just the reactions here and on reddit so my take is mostly not really my take, I guess? So take it all with a grain of salt.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
So that Nier Raid.......it kind of bad ain't it takes forever because of high HP pools and kind of just switch of brain into auto mode after you see first rotation of mechanics

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I'm all about the story and trials. Months of running roulettes has dulled my skills. I should really try The Dying Gasp EX again.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
So Anatman opener. Coeurl stance -> Shoulder tackle -> Anatman right? Except half the time when I try it I have to wait 3 seconds for Anatman to do anything.
Anatman opener is not worth using without ACT plugins that tell you exactly where the tick timer is at. Otherwise it's pure RNG and you're better off doing perfect balance openers.

Last edited:

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm on Day 3 of Hades Ex using PF and I hate that people don't even know the phases of the fight. Like... I get if you don't know how to execute because it's new but you should at least read or watch a guide on the fight so you know what's coming. I don't want to waste other people's time so I memorized the fight so i know what's up. Idk... Maybe I have too high expectations or I have the wrong expectations for progging challenging content.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
I'm on Day 3 of Hades Ex using PF and I hate that people don't even know the phases of the fight. Like... I get if you don't know how to execute because it's new but you should at least read or watch a guide on the fight so you know what's coming. I don't want to waste other people's time so I memorized the fight so i know what's up. Idk... Maybe I have too high expectations or I have the wrong expectations for progging challenging content.
The newest content usually has the highest rate for failure. Particulary on the last story ex trial. Like with the shinryu Ex trial, I didnt clear that until way after it was relevant. It has a reasonable dps phase into ads and survival phase. Hades ex is harder because the first phase dps check is shorter and second phase survival wave kills most pubs.

Set your expectation to the bingo card posted above.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The newest content usually has the highest rate for failure. Particulary on the last story ex trial. Like with the shinryu Ex trial, I didnt clear that until way after it was relevant. It has a reasonable dps phase into ads and survival phase. Hades ex is harder because the first phase dps check is shorter and second phase survival wave kills most pubs.

Set your expectation to the bingo card posted above.

But looking at the mechanics, the fight isn't even hard up to phase 3 imo. And even then you can argue that's not that bad either. Idk.... I say this as a DPS. Tanks and healers have it harder obviously.

EDIT: Found a group where a static lost their 8th and I filled in. Not even an hour with these guys and we cleared.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.