• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I kept hearing about them, but I just never found a group to do it with, I figured I'd play the newer raids to easily find a raiding group.
I'll do Eden first then go back to the Crystal tower raid.
Only "harder" content (e.g. Savage, EX, etc.) needs you to go out and find a group.
For normal level content (like the stuff B.K. and I are telling you to do), you just use Duty Finder to queue up for it as you would a dungeon or trial.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah. Crystal Tower is so easy at this point that you barely have to worry about mechanics and Normal mode Eden is barely harder than story mode 8 man trials.

Tankshell

Nov 1, 2017
Been playing a new character from the very start of ARR for the last couple of weeks, am just about lvl 50 and finishing up the final few MSQ quests... how long is the patch 2.1 -> 2.55 stuff in comparison to what I have already done for the MSQ? Looking forward to getting on to HW.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
I kept hearing about them, but I just never found a group to do it with, I figured I'd play the newer raids to easily find a raiding group.
I'll do Eden first then go back to the Crystal tower raid.

you don't need to find groups for most raids outside of savage level content. It just matches you with other people like dungeons. Depending on the raid though it can be like an hour wait.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Been playing a new character from the very start of ARR for the last couple of weeks, am just about lvl 50 and finishing up the final few MSQ quests... how long is the patch 2.1 -> 2.55 stuff in comparison to what I have already done for the MSQ? Looking forward to getting on to HW.

There are 100 quests in 2.1 to 2.5x.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
If you have any interest in the Shadowbringers relic weapon, you need to do the Ivalice raids before 5.25. You have to finish the Return to Ivalice story before you can even start the relic quest because the story for the Shadowbringers relic quests is a sequel to Return to Ivalice.

This. Yasumi Matsuno is back writing more story/lore for FFXIV.

SoundLad

Oct 30, 2017
Damn, I cleared the Return to Ivalice quests and raids about a month ago but I skipped the vast majority of cutscenes (thinking it wasn't so important or that it would continue) so I probably won't have a clue what's happening come 5.2.
Anyone got a handy story summary?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I cleared the Return to Ivalice story and raids about a month ago but I skipped the vast majority of cutscenes (thinking it wasn't so important or that it would continue) so I probably won't have a clue what's happening come 5.2.
Check the journal in an inn room. It lets you rewatch any cutscene you've seen.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, I cleared the Return to Ivalice quests and raids about a month ago but I skipped the vast majority of cutscenes (thinking it wasn't so important or that it would continue) so I probably won't have a clue what's happening come 5.2.

If you need to I think a decent portion can be reviewed in the "Unending Journey" cutscene replay in a town inn. If not that one of the things getting added in 5.2 is the ability to use new game+ for raid stories so you can do them from scratch if you want to do the story again. In general I think the cutscene you need to watch again is literally the final one at the end, that is the one that seems to be setting up most the story for the new content, it was the 'tease' at the end pointing to new content to come.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Square released their official translation of the other day's live letter. Some interesting things I saw:

This time, the main scenario is quite lengthy and includes a very shocking revelation.

Therefore, if you're thinking of progressing through the main scenario first, we recommend that you take your time to do so and focus on it instead of doing it in between other content.

The new dungeon, Anamnesis Anyder, is unlocked towards the latter half of the main scenario quests due to how the story unfolds, so please keep that in mind if you want to unlock Duty Roulette: Expert as soon as possible.

What's going to happen?? :O

Aside from Ruby Weapon, there is another trial related to the Save the Queen storyline, which we'll be keeping a secret until then. You'll be challenging it solo during the storyline, but there's also a version that's about the same difficulty as Extreme trials which you'll be challenging with a full party.

So it seems like the relic quest trial is going to have a regular and extreme version too? I wonder what the rewards for the extreme version will be?

Oct 25, 2017
My big takeaway from the live letter digest was that that translation is much less hostile to ACT in general than I expected from summaries.

Removing the placing of way marks miid-combat is still a trash decision they should revert, but their general stance on third party things is still fairly sensible.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The secret trial has only 1 difficulty but they said it's like an extreme one.

It said in what I quoted there you do it solo for the story, and then you can come back later with a full party to do it at about extreme level difficulty.

My big takeaway from the live letter digest was that that translation is much less hostile to ACT in general than I expected from summaries.

Removing the placing of way marks miid-combat is still a trash decision they should revert, but their general stance on third party things is still fairly sensible.

Yeah, what I got from that translation is- mods that mess with game data=bad, you'll almost certainly get penalized if you get caught using them. Third party tools that don't interact with the game at all=we can't really tell if you use them at all, nothing we can really do unless you harass people.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Interview also mentions that the EX version of ruby weapon will have 2 phases and a checkpoint after getting to P2

Talks about eden raids as well. Think the order of bosses are
1st: Ramuh
2nd: Ifrit/Garuda
3rd: Doves
4th: Secret but the most flashy

Oct 25, 2017
Man the gap between 5.2 and 5.4 is going to be insanely dry unless they've got something interesting in the wings.

On the bright side, if Ultimate really does land in 5.5 the run up to next expansion will be a lot less dead than normal.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
A checkpoint kn Extreme? Is that a first? I guess they got a lot of complaints about the length of Hades Ex.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Hot damn I already though 5.1 MSQ is pretty meaty already and it turns out 5.2 will be even more????
Man the gap between 5.2 and 5.4 is going to be insanely dry unless they've got something interesting in the wings.

On the bright side, if Ultimate really does land in 5.5 the run up to next expansion will be a lot less dead than normal.
5.3 should feature new Hildibrand quest 3 times longer with 1 dungeons and 1 trial.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Not sure how I feel about no new deep dungeon. On one hand it's probably the best 'multitasking content' in the game and it makes it really easy to level alts while listening to podcasts or watching videos. But if it's a question about resource allocation, I'd probably rather see them make something new than another 10 level deep dungeon.

I feel the simplest solution would be to just adjust the XP gains from Heaven on High so it can work for 60+ leveling to 80 instead of just 70. In that case I probably would agree that they don't need to waste resources making a brand new deep dungeon every expansion (maybe add one every other expansion or so in that case). But not sure if they'll actually do that.

Last edited:

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I like Deep Dungeon but I'd rather see it take a break for an expansion since it could grow old if they kept doing it so regularly. Hopefully the new content also helps for levelling, or they make adjustments to HoH

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Neat, new YorHa quests. Didn't expect any more between patches. And FC ranks going from 8 to 30.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
SMH at these raid names lmao.

Also they added new GNB and DNC weapons from shinryu EX

Looks like you need to finish a certain part (or a good amount) of the MSQ before you can unlock Savage.

Last edited:

CaviarMeths

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Western Canada
I'm personally fine with no new deep dungeon. I really didn't enjoy PotD or HoH at all.

Damn though the Digest has me really excited. 5.2 and 5.3 is gonna be some good shit.

It's 100 quests. Most of them are only a few minutes each, but it feels long for various reasons. 2.1-2.3 especially is kind of all over the place and the story quality isn't great. Lots of filler quests. A lot of subplots and moving pieces that are seemingly aimless. A lot of it doesn't pay off until the very end of 2.55. Some of it doesn't even pay off until further into the expansions. It's definitely the weakest portion of the MSQ, all things considered. Yoshida has acknowledged that it's the stretch of game that sees the most dropoff in active players and they're trying to rework it.

I think 2.4 and 2.5/2.55 are actually pretty good though. That's where the lead-ins to Heavenward happen and all the plot threads start to pay off.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
yeah, the post-ARR stuff is a slog

on the contrary though, the post-HW stuff was great and I like what little I've seen of the post-SB stuff

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
yeah, the post-ARR stuff is a slog

on the contrary though, the post-HW stuff was great and I like what little I've seen of the post-SB stuff
Post-SB retroactively made SB great for me. Love than it close alot of the story arc sets up in SB for good.

With the imminent release of FF7 Remake, I wonder if we'll get some tie-in content. I'd love to get Tifa or Aerith outfit, but the most realistic would be Red XIII minion.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
rip

TqTgYVR.png

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Fees are now charged for items bought from the market board when the player is in the city where the item was listed.
Typical Yoshi-P, raising taxes on hard working Eorzeans who are just trying to put HQ Mashed Popotoes on the table /s

The following additions and adjustments have been made to fellowships:
A notification will be displayed upon login if any of your fellowships has a new poll or message on the General tab.
Notifications can be toggled on and off with the "Display new notifications upon login" option in the fellowships list.
That's one step closer to them not being completely useless, I suppose

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
What? No, you just have to beat Eden normal and finish those quests like usual.
The last quest for Eden requires completion of (at least some of, but probably all of) the 5.2 MSQ, and you need to complete the Eden quests to unlock Savage, therefore Savage is probably locked behind MSQ.

Last Eden quest:
Disciple of War or Magic level 80
???
???
Players must first complete the main scenario quest "???" and the Chronicles of a New Era quest "???"

meadowdrone

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Why are people so sure you need to finish the Eden normal questline entirely to unlock Savage? Is there some concrete information I'm missing? I'd guess the final Eden normal quest is just an epilogue quest after you've wrapped up the core Eden story and all 4 fights, and it's the penultimate quest that gates off Savage. They aren't shitty enough to force raiders to skip MSQ cutscenes if they're trying raid on day 1.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Why are people so sure you need to finish the Eden normal questline entirely to unlock Savage? Is there some concrete information I'm missing? I'd guess the final Eden normal quest is just an epilogue quest after you've wrapped up the core Eden story and all 4 fights, and it's the penultimate quest that gates off Savage. They aren't shitty enough to force raiders to skip MSQ cutscenes if they're trying raid on day 1.

Yeah, this is what I'm guessing. Making people rapid skip through the MSQ if they want to do day 1 savage raiding would be pretty shitty.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
So we're stuck with a whole patch of expert roulette having 2 dungeons again...

I don't remember the item level for new ex fights being so high usually? People who don't do savage will be locked out of it at first

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
You always have needed to finish the normal raid questline before unlocking Savage.

Now it looks like you need to finish MSQ (still not sure if it's all of it) and the raid questline to unlock Savage.

Status
Not open for further replies.