• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
tumblr_lwhkhyG1Zj1qc5gdio1_500.gif

both relic and gathering updates are ages away
Lots to do on the meantime though.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
So there is a new interview with Yoshida. It gives us the order for the first 3 Eden fights.

Ramuh, then Ifrit/Garuda, the bird looking fight

Also it implies the next Ultimate is coming in 5.5.

Also another story bit says
the true threat if the ascians will start to unveil

Also thinking of how the last quest for the raid requires MSQ stuff
I think the Scions are making it home this patch.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

dimb

Oct 25, 2017
I mean, yeah, screw Amaurot, but a two dungeon Expert means I'll get terribly bored of both it and the new dungeon inside of a week, lol.
The alternative is keeping the pool filled with stuff people are long sick of. Having to keep running something I've already done a dozen times over doesn't provide meaningful variety, and the chance to be stuck doing the early 80 dungeons again definitely doesn't make me more excited to queue up for Expert.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I bet they do like ascians and use body's to travel. Y'shtola in the trailer mentions ancients using body's so I bet they use some bodies we find in storage then pop out when back on source
I don't think so. I think the type of magic/tech the Ironworks developed for summoning the WoL can be used to create a permanent aetheric bridge between shards, and that's why Ryne can traverse worlds. The ascians want to rejoin all the shards to summon Zodiark, maybe the end goal for the Scions should be bridging all the shards and creating one interconnected world.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Regarding some of the 5.2 speculation

I think the idea of the Scions being able to freely traverse the shards makes the most sense with the way the story is going. Even if just from a side content perspective since Eden will wrap up in 5.5 and presumably the Scions will be long returned to the Source by that point.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
This new Eden raid looks really exciting. Story is going places.... man I can't wait until Tuesday. Every patch day always gets me excited like a little kid since I follow the story so closely lol.

Ruby Weapon looks great and I'm glad we get a FFVII superboss. I wonder if we will fight Diamond, Ultimate, and Emerald weapon too.

So the voice at the end was Elidibus right? Also, boy am I glad they are continuing the thing with Gabranth seriously. It might actually make me interested to go for a relic weapon this time around.

Toth

Oct 26, 2017
This new Eden raid looks really exciting. Story is going places.... man I can't wait until Tuesday. Every patch day always gets me excited like a little kid since I follow the story so closely lol.

Ruby Weapon looks great and I'm glad we get a FFVII superboss. I wonder if we will fight Diamond, Ultimate, and Emerald weapon too.

So the voice at the end was Elidibus right? Also, boy am I glad they are continuing the thing with Gabranth seriously. It might actually make me interested to go for a relic weapon this time around.

We already had Ultima Weapon which is essentially the Ultimate Weapon. I would guess Emerald Weapon next patch and Diamond Weapon for the finale.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
What's hilarious about that new interview is he basically doing homages to Gundam even with the lore of pilots of the weapons can't wait for rest.

emerald weapon
tumblr_nhzzskYQQj1rjxyrgo1_400.gifv

Diamond Weapon

tumblr_nbz523K19M1rjxyrgo5_400.gifv

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
Okay so I'm getting close to finishing Realm Reborn for the first time.

Next mission is
Ultima Weapon, which I feel may be the last one

Ive heard of the notorious 100quest fap between RR and Heavenward.

Now how long will this take? Are all fairly long or are there some where it's literally talk to two people in the same room?

Also is there any tips to make the process more enjoyable

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018

Next mission is

Now how long will this take? Are all fairly long or are there some where it's literally talk to two people in the same room?

Lots of fetch quests but there are some nice trials and dungeon buried under all that bloat.
It sucks, but the content that follows (Heavensward) is worth it. Stick with it if you are enjoying the game.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017

Next mission is

If you make it past the Moogles, it just gets better from there so keep that in mind.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK

Next mission is

it not as bad as people make it out to be. It's like a anime really after a major bad is defeated the arc ends get some goofy stuff while it sets up next arc. some good and some bad but honestly more good interesting stuff then bad

Justin

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, Washington

Next mission is

here are my playtimes I wrote down when I did my play through last year

2.0 - 53
2.55 - 76
3.0 - 113
3.55 - 134
4.0 - 175
4.55 - 194
5.0 - 237

so it took me 23 hours to play through the post 2.0 content playing just one job and doing none of the side content

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
....we're not getting a Dwarf beast tribe are we? :(

Guess they don't count but need more dwarf content.

The Kidd

Oct 27, 2017
Okay, thanks to everyone who responded.

Definitely enjoying game and will continue thru the 100 quests. Was tempted to wait til patch 5.3 to continue since it's supposed to reduce the amount of quests, but won't be out til July apparently.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Definitely enjoying game and will continue thru the 100 quests. Was tempted to wait til patch 5.3 to continue since it's supposed to reduce the amount of quests, but won't be out til July apparently.

Yeah. They're pretty consistent with their release schedule. New patches are every 3.5-4 months. The earliest 5.3 will be released is the end of May. Who knows. They may miss it and have to delay the ARR rework. It might not be done until 5.4 or 5.5.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
It's probably going to be June, but yeah, I wouldn't wait. The quests aren't great but get better as they go on. We don't really know how extensive the rework will be, either, it could just be a handful of quests chopped off or it could be a much larger undertaking. You have quite a bit of side content that opens up post-base ARR, go do some of that in order to not burn yourself out on MSQ. The Crystal Tower alliance raid series is de facto required for Shadowbringers, dive into that when you get a chance

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Yessss. We got to wormhole at the start of the year but I was feeling burnt out and quit. Then like... a week or so ago we decided to reform and made a last minute attempt to clear, haha. But we got it at the end!

I'm an AST main but made the switch to WHM when we reformed just so we didn't have to worry about j-wave healing as much. But it was fine overall, I think. (PoV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oMlQwU7nE6Q)

NYepxs8.png

Kinda glad there's no ultimate coming in 5.3. I'm taking the tier off entirely

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Man every time I log in I keep forgetting to exchange my old tomestones from 4.x before they go away with 5.2. Already capped on poetics but figure I should buy and sell some topsoil with it and get something out of these old Genesis tomestones before they disappear forever. Guess I still have a couple more days to try and remember the next time I log in lol.

jonjonaug

Oct 25, 2017
Man every time I log in I keep forgetting to exchange my old tomestones from 4.x before they go away with 5.2. Already capped on poetics but figure I should buy and sell some topsoil with it and get something out of these old Genesis tomestones before they disappear forever. Guess I still have a couple more days to try and remember the next time I log in lol.
In my experience topsoil price is way down right now due to a glut in poetics from everyone running MSQ roulette. There's not much difference between selling topsoils and just vendor selling demicrystals on my server right now.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
In my experience topsoil price is way down right now due to a glut in poetics from everyone running MSQ roulette. There's not much difference between selling topsoils and just vendor selling demicrystals on my server right now.

Good to know, thanks. In that case I might just wait on selling the topsoil for now, and wait for things to cool down a bit after the Moogle tomestone event and old tomestone exchange ends and things return to their usual baseline.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
With poetics you can also go the gear---> company seals route. I'm not sure if anything you can get with company seals sells well but you can stock up on ventures forever or GC teleport tickets.

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Oh my god. Got to the 5th floor of Lyhe Ghiah just now, opened the final treasure and got Gamble's Lure option. Dude went all the way and got 10 Enchanted Elm Lumber, each priced at 900k in my server.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I think I'm gonna call into work Tuesday. I just want to get the MSQ/Eden Normal/Cinder Drift Normal on that day then do Savage.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
With poetics you can also go the gear---> company seals route. I'm not sure if anything you can get with company seals sells well but you can stock up on ventures forever or GC teleport tickets.

That's a good idea as well, thanks. I'm still very stingily going through my original 100 Aetheryte tickets I got from a friend referral when I first subbed over 2 years ago, so would be nice to get some more of those.

Oh my god. Got to the 5th floor of Lyhe Ghiah just now, opened the final treasure and got Gamble's Lure option. Dude went all the way and got 10 Enchanted Elm Lumber, each priced at 900k in my server.

That's pretty awesome. I wish I had more luck getting into map parties. The ones I've found on PF off late always seem to take forever to get even 3 people together, and even when people join for whatever reason someone always seems to afk. They were a lot easier to do when folks in my FC used to coordinate them, but a lot of those people left so I'm mostly stuck trying to find groups in PF now.

Kinda wanted to see if I could get the mats to make my own Urban Coat, but with 5.2 around the corner and prices likely to drop soon thereafter, I guess I'll just pick it up off the MB at some point.

Last edited:

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
My favorite thing in the world is when I'm clearing out my inventory and armory chest for patch day, turn in a bunch of things for GC seals and log off. Proceed to log back on later and toss together a glam for a job that you just turned in all of your accessories for.

Hell yeah, self. Guess I'll level DRK to 80 once I've gotten more poetics from 5.2 content and can get my Scaeven accessories again.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, it looks like some of the top teams will be streaming savage on Tuesday:

I won't watch though because this is content I'll do (unlike ultimate) and I like to go in somewhat fresh.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
Oof. Thankfully, going in on servers up but going to be spoilers everywhere I suppose.

Oct 25, 2017
The commentators lined up for that stream are interesting-ish:

Not gonna watch it, but it's interesting to see them try to make a short event out of prog.

Oct 25, 2017
wasn't there a worry that people will need to beat the MSQ first before doing Savage? I wonder how that will affect it.

There's a reference in the final normal mode quest to needing to complete ??? from the MSQ, and so the question is going to be if the ??? normal quest gating Savage is before or after that point. Forcing MSQ before Savage would be a hilariously bad decision but... kind of in-line with how XIV likes to roll, so maybe MSQ speedruns incoming. Mash that skip cutscene as hard as you can.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
*Crystal Exarch identity*

They did a good job of making that character more charming and interesting.

Found myself pretty bored with just about everybody that wasn't Nero in the original CT story. He's a great character here.

Could not have been more obvious it was him from the start though.

Status
Not open for further replies.