• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
There's a reference in the final normal mode quest to needing to complete ??? from the MSQ, and so the question is going to be if the ??? normal quest gating Savage is before or after that point. Forcing MSQ before Savage would be a hilariously bad decision but... kind of in-line with how XIV likes to roll, so maybe MSQ speedruns incoming. Mash that skip cutscene as hard as you can.
I do like that the story of the raid ties into the MSQ, but they should probably release the raid a week later if they're gonna do it like that for sure.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Nice, enjoy! I only beat Heavensward a couple weeks ago, but whenever I pop back to Ishgard or hear the music I smile.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Basically any of the recent-ish marketing for this game will totally undermine the hell out of the ending of 2.X.

Or, hell, just letting the current intro movie play out, lol.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Yeah, as someone who started playing in 2018, 2.55's cutscene basically did nothing for me. I'd imagine it was a lot more impactful when it was current. It's still my second favorite cutscene behind the end of Shadowbringers because of (2.55 spoilers, duh) "You would mock her? THEN MOCK HER FROM HELL!". That cutscene specifically was the moment I knew that I loved this game.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, as someone who started playing in 2018, 2.55's cutscene basically did nothing for me. I'd imagine it was a lot more impactful when it was current. It's still my second favorite cutscene behind the end of Shadowbringers because of (2.55 spoilers, duh) "You would mock her? THEN MOCK HER FROM HELL!". That cutscene specifically was the moment I knew that I loved this game.

The "rules" hadn't been quite established just yet, so it was a lot more impactful, yeah. Especially because they left it to stew right there for a good few months, lol.

Y'shtola hadn't taken her customary dips into the lifestream yet, Moenbryda was staying dead, etc. Now, it's relatively clear that death is pretty cheap in FFXIV unless you happen to be a Femroe, a rather Splendid individual, or a boy potato.

DNAbro

Oct 25, 2017
All right finally was able to finish all the Coils of Bahamut. So if they make references to that in 5.2 I am ready. Also took the time to clean up all my inventory space and retainers so I am 100% ready. Tuesday can't come soon enough.

Salarians

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
momwife.club
the 2.55 (40 minute lol) scene was sooooo good for me
it was like they finally decided to, uh, start doing things lol

only finished stormblood the other night but that scene was still a highlight

kurahador

Oct 28, 2017
Urghhh...finished Pyros story, but my logogram barely half filled.

How do I get gold coffer exactly? The bunny keep giving me bronze coffer. And what's the best way to get heat-warped chest?

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Urghhh...finished Pyros story, but my logogram barely half filled.

How do I get gold coffer exactly? The bunny keep giving me bronze coffer. And what's the best way to get heat-warped chest?

For gold coffers, do HUNDREDS OF COFFERS and even when you get the golds you can count on not getting that mount you want!

I'm not bitter at all....

In the end I told myself if I made enough gil from selling the logograms and stuff from all those other coffers to buy the gritty mount off of the marketboard I'd give up. And that's what I did, 6 million gil later.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been lazy. I've got about 2000 Lockboxes from all the Eurekas that I need to open.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Forgot to read the patch notes and im bummed about the new beast tribe quests. I dont like how its gathering exclusive as I maxed mining and treecuttin for ishgard restoration materials. Meanwhile my fishing is lacking but I was reserving that for ocean fishing. Hopefully the currency exhange rewards are better.

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
I finally cleared Hades EX today and I am beyond ecstatic. I've only been playing for three months and this was my first foray into harder content. It took about a week of party finder parties. I feel like I can do phase 1 in my sleep at this point but everyone would always leave once we made significant phase 3 or 4 progress. Anyway, onto farming it. I want my main class (WHM) weapon but of course I'm also praying for the mount.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Ugh..

*shadowbringers ending*

Zenos is such a boring villian.

Varis was a lot more interesting than him to me and I was looking forward to more of him in the Garlemald expansion.

Will be glad when we finally kill this character and move on already. He does nothing for me.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Ugh..

*shadowbringers ending*

Varis was a lot more interesting than him to me and I was looking forward to more of him in the Garlemald expansion.

Will be glad when we finally kill this character and move on already. He does nothing for me.

I felt mostly the same really.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Ugh..

*shadowbringers ending*

I liked Zenos a lot in 4.0.

I like him a lot less since then. The throat slit was, IMO, a perfect ending to his arc. Every time I've seen him since then, I get a little pissed that it didn't end there.

I wish we got more of Varis.

All I can say is that this shit better be going somewhere, and I really hope he's completely out of the picture by 6.0

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I expect Zenos to be around until the end of 6.0. I expect him to gain Zodiark's power and become an avatar of Zodiark and the Warrior of Light to gain Hydaelyn's power and their final battle to act as the final battle between Hydaelyn and Zodiark.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I expect Zenos to be around until the end of 6.0. I expect him to gain Zodiark's power and become an avatar of Zodiark and the Warrior of Light to gain Hydaelyn's power and their final battle to act as the final battle between Hydaelyn and Zodiark.
I also expect him to be around for a while, I just really hope he isn't. Like, if in 5.2, Elidibus just said "I have no need for you anymore, sword boy" and killed him, I'd be more than okay with that, because if 6.0 is going to be a Garlemald expansion, I'd prefer a focus on new characters or on the Ascians themselves. I liked the direction they were moving in during 4.X in regards to what post-Zenos Garlemald would look like with the Varis stuff, and I feel like 5.0 just fucking did a 180. Post 4.X, Zenos should only have been a handy puppet that Elidibus uses for a bit. The story contrivances needed to keep him in are tiring (although they've always kind of been tiring, though, he's a dude that's very good with a sword). Y'shtola needed qualified and powerful people (Kan-E-Senna, Emet-Selch) to pull her ass from the lifestream but Zenos can do it apparently by himself just via bootleg Echo. God, Y'shtola, are you even trying?

He was a cool villain for one expansion, but it's time to move on. Emet-Selch was even better villain than Zenos but I'd be even more pissed if he came back too

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

I figure this is probably right (5.0 and after spoilers)
I think it's useful having Zenos around for storytelling purposes because he destabilizes the Empire giving you an in and a common enemy to rally the people of the Garlean empire against in the inevitable Garlean redemption arc we'll be getting in 6.0

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I also expect him to be around for a while, I just really hope he isn't. Like, if in 5.2, Elidibus just said "I have no need for you anymore, sword boy" and killed him, I'd be more than okay with that, because if 6.0 is going to be a Garlemald expansion, I'd prefer a focus on new characters or on the Ascians themselves. I liked the direction they were moving in during 4.X in regards to what post-Zenos Garlemald would look like with the Varis stuff, and I feel like 5.0 just fucking did a 180. Post 4.X, Zenos should only have been a handy puppet that Elidibus uses for a bit. The story contrivances needed to keep him in are tiring (although they've always kind of been tiring, though, he's a dude that's very good with a sword). Y'shtola needed qualified and powerful people (Kan-E-Senna, Emet-Selch) to pull her ass from the lifestream but Zenos can do it apparently by himself just via bootleg Echo. God, Y'shtola, are you even trying?

He was a cool villain for one expansion, but it's time to move on. Emet-Selch was even better villain than Zenos but I'd be even more pissed if he came back too
Hopefully there's some twist coming for him in 5.2 this tuesday. It would be nice if Elidibus slapped him back down to earth. Really curious to see what interest he has in Amaurot besides chasing WoL booty. If they're gonna keep him around at least give him some other goals.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
A dark knight in brayflox should know not to stand in the big line aoe from a big scary dragon, right? Oooh, I'm not cut out for healing

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
A dark knight in brayflox should know not to stand in the big line aoe from a big scary dragon, right? Oooh, I'm not cut out for healing
Technically they could be a new tank, DRK starts at 30 so only a little bit before Brayflox, and you don't need to have leveled a tank to unlock DRK. The breath is also pretty quick iirc on that boss, so that if you only react to it there's a decent chance to get clipped. It's healable though especially if you esuna the dot once it's at 2stacks, unless the tank also has garbage gear.

Just something you have to deal with when healing dungeons, most tanks aren't even "average", below average is more the norm especially in leveling dungeons. A lot don't bother dodging anything or using cooldowns at all.

Fanuilos

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Technically they could be a new tank, DRK starts at 30 so only a little bit before Brayflox, and you don't need to have leveled a tank to unlock DRK. The breath is also pretty quick iirc on that boss, so that if you only react to it there's a decent chance to get clipped. It's healable though especially if you esuna the dot once it's at 2stacks, unless the tank also has garbage gear.

Just something you have to deal with when healing dungeons, most tanks aren't even "average", below average is more the norm especially in leveling dungeons. A lot don't bother dodging anything or using cooldowns at all.
Yeah, I've been looking at my 55 white mage and been thinking I want to get back to it. It's been a while since I healed so I figured I would level up astrologian a bit. I just need to chill and keep going.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
question about Valentine's event.... I took Astrid as my vote. If I took one of the other two would I have got their coffer?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I bet you anything..

We're going to kill him at the end of the next expansion and he'll try to souljack the warrior of light. So then we'll be stuck with him as a voice in our head for another expansion on top of that.

Oh god please no, I can totally see that happening and I don't want it to happen :/

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
Man I'm really not into the mechanic that involves popping an ogcd to spam an ability as much as possible during a 10 to 15 seconds window. Feels very clunky, doesnt look good to me either.

MCH, DRK and WAR of the ones I've played, have the same spam mechanic. Doesnt feel satisfying at all to me.

Last edited:

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm really not into the mechanic that involves popping an ocgd to spam an ability as much as possible during a 10 to 15 seconds window. Feels very clunky, doesnt look good to me either.

MCH, DRK and WAR of the ones I've played, have the same spam mechanic. Doesnt feel satisfying at all to me.

I can see that, I personally also don't really like the combat-system of the game as a whole but I love everything else about it to such a high degree that I can easily but up with the "meh" combat experience. Now if FFXIV had a battle-system like TERA or Blade and Soul I'm not sure I would ever play anything else in my life ever again.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I can see that, I personally also don't really like the combat-system of the game as a whole but I love everything else about it to such a high degree that I can easily but up with the "meh" combat experience. Now if FFXIV had a battle-system like TERA or Blade and Soul I'm not sure I would ever play anything else in my life ever again.
I do enjoy the combat actually, trials are well design and dungeon bosses are fun.

I really enjoy playing as Black Mage, Gunbreaker, Samurai, Dragoons and Red Mage. Those classes have fun mechanics and rotations. No spamming of abilities.

Edit: Well Black Mage does, kinda. But it's satisfying because big numers and explosionssss.

Last edited:

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Man I'm really not into the mechanic that involves popping an ocgd to spam an ability as much as possible during a 10 to 15 seconds window. Feels very clunky, doesnt look good to me either.

As someone who has DRK at cap and is currently leveling MCH, level 60 something (67?), I didn't mind it on DRK but I'm really not a fan of it on MCH. The difference is that on MCH I feel obligated to try to weave Gauss Round and Ricochet in with the Heat Blasts. Otherwise, they'd be capping and I'd be losing out on free oGCDs. But when I do that, it feels like a fucking mess.

Naru

May 11, 2019
As someone who unsubs between big patches I would need to grind roulettes again to do most of the content they'll add with 5.2 (since I am currently only iLvl 454 and extremes are 470 I believe ) and I don't think I have the will to do it this time.

I finally cleared Hades EX today and I am beyond ecstatic. I've only been playing for three months and this was my first foray into harder content. It took about a week of party finder parties. I feel like I can do phase 1 in my sleep at this point but everyone would always leave once we made significant phase 3 or 4 progress. Anyway, onto farming it. I want my main class (WHM) weapon but of course I'm also praying for the mount.
Interesting that people still do it. Out of interest: how long did it take you usually from joining a party to actually entering the trial?

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
I do enjoy the combat actually, trials are well design and dungeon bosses are fun.

I really enjoy playing as Black Mage, Gunbreaker, Samurai, Dragoons and Red Mage. Those classes have fun mechanics and rotations. No spamming of abilities.

Edit: Well Black Mage does, kinda. But it's satisfying because big numers and explosionssss.

That's fair, different tastes and all! But hmm sounds like I should give these classes a try maybe, I mean even if BLM has spam kinda, I've been eying it anyway due to the sheer ridiculousness of the magic.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Man I'm really not into the mechanic that involves popping an ogcd to spam an ability as much as possible during a 10 to 15 seconds window. Feels very clunky, doesnt look good to me either.

Same. I didn't really like leveling MCH because of Wildfire. Definitely my least favorite of the phys ranged. Minor complaint, though, I absolutely love the way most job's battle systems play.

Last edited:

penguindrum

Feb 10, 2019
Interesting that people still do it. Out of interest: how long did it take you usually from joining a party to actually entering the trial?

Not long. Weekends were obviously shorter for waiting but I've done daytime ones or weeknight ones. At the longest, it was never more than 20 minutes and that was usually when I started the party and had to wait from there. At the shortest, if I was the last or second to last to join, it'd finish filling and we'd go into it almost immediately.

Yeah I'm on Primal and I see learning parties all the time. I think a lot of people wanna clear before 5.2.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
As someone who unsubs between big patches I would need to grind roulettes again to do most of the content they'll add with 5.2 (since I am currently only iLvl 454 and extremes are 470 I believe ) and I don't think I have the will to do it this time.

There's going to be new crafted gear this patch, if you have money, know a crafter, or have your crafter classes leveled. Crafted gear should be ilevel 480.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people are doing Hades right now. In all honesty, the first clear is always the roughest. Once you get that first clear, you can join other groups that have clears and will be able to do clears consistently. Hades EX isn't really all that hard imo. It's just a tad longer than most trials.

Status
Not open for further replies.