• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Hades EX isn't really all that hard imo. It's just a tad longer than most trials.

Yeah. Before it was released, they said it would be around the same difficulty as Shinryu Ex. It's not even close to Shinryu. Hades Ex was disappointingly easy. I hope Ruby Weapon Ex is a bit harder.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Agreed, shinryu is relatively harder than hades even now lol

I had to have a FC carry to get through Shinryu Ex. I spent weeks trying to clear that fight and most of the time, never made it past the first phase. It was a rough fight. Hades isn't really hard, it's just long. The AoE/knockback mechanic in the Ascian Prime phase is the hardest mechanic in the fight.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I had to have a FC carry to get through Shinryu Ex. I spent weeks trying to clear that fight and most of the time, never made it past the first phase. It was a rough fight. Hades isn't really hard, it's just long. The AoE/knockback mechanic in the Ascian Prime phase is the hardest mechanic in the fight.

I would say there are two primary mechanics that people consistently fuck up in the fight. The beginning of phase 2 where the DPS has to point the blasts away from the tank. Swapping Iggy and Laha properly after the element swap. If you get past those then you're pretty much golden. I like to say this is the competency test. Everything after is easy in comparison.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely did not have the patience to do Hadex EX Phase 2 learning parties. I kept running into parties that listed Phase 2 or 3 prog and couldn't clear the Phase 1 DPS check, so I just gave up.

N_Cryo

Avenger
Nov 6, 2017
west coast
Man I'm really not into the mechanic that involves popping an ogcd to spam an ability as much as possible during a 10 to 15 seconds window. Feels very clunky, doesnt look good to me either.

MCH, DRK and WAR of the ones I've played, have the same spam mechanic. Doesnt feel satisfying at all to me.
Only one i cant handle is ninja because theres so many abilities and their cooldowns to manage. What jobs do you enjoy then?

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to hear yall's thoughts on difficulty of jobs to master and execute. For Healers, DPS, and Tank.

I primarily play DPS but this is how mine looks from hardest to master to easiest to master

BLM > DRG > RDM > DNC

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
I'd love to hear yall's thoughts on difficulty of jobs to master and execute. For Healers, DPS, and Tank.

I primarily play DPS but this is how mine looks from hardest to master to easiest to master

BLM > DRG > RDM > DNC
I haven't put any thought into a ranking, but I agree with BLM being the hardest to master. I 100% admit to the bias of THM being my starting class and BLM being my main without any inclination to change at all. So naturally I'm going to think the first job I had to learn from scratch is the hardest one.

But I do have every DPS job at 80 and none of them did anything to convince me otherwise, though. I think the community does generally agree, which is why Sfia Pirion got so much recognition for being a part of the Alexander world first group as a Black Mage.

And if you mess up your rotation your DPS tanks more than any other job.
Watching your AF timer run out with Despair just about to finish casting is fucking TRAGIC.

Last edited:

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
BLM is the hardest to master no question. Being a turret in fights that involve moving every three seconds is not easy, and you have to master your teleport skills to make the most of it. And if you mess up your rotation your DPS tanks more than any other job.

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone wanna give me their recruitment code? My month and a half trial is about to run out and I'm going to be buying a subscription for the first time. Might as well get something extra out of it for myself and another person! Mainly just want the bro fist, lol.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
If we're talking maximum optimization, mine would look like this I think:
SMN(shit just lines up so fucking weird) > BLM(got a lot easier with ShB tbh with triple cast+2stacks of Xeno for movement) > MNK(using the true max DPS rotation where you twin every 3 rotations so it changes a lot more) > NIN(although it's a lot easier than before the rework imo but it's still pretty tight) > BRD(procs galore) > SAM(realigning stuff) > DRG/MCH/RDM/MNK(using the old twin every other rotation so you always DK>TS making it easier to keep track of) > DNC.

For Healers it's fairly obvious I think, AST > SCH >>> WHM, and tanks I think are all fairly easy to execute and is mostly overall tank difficulty(repositioning, using cooldowns at the right time etc), although I guess GNB DPS rotation has more buttons to press than the other tanks and WAR has a tight rotation if you don't want to waste stuff(which can be a big deal since their DPS is so spiky around their short damage window).

Dalik

Nov 1, 2017
Ah yes, the monthly "quests in xiv suck" thread in gaming side, we surely missed it.
I swear they skip all the dialogues and then complains that nothing happens.

I wonder if they had the same complaint about old FF games with had tons of moment "hey go talk to X npc to see how they fare after Y event" or "help me with the dinner by doing a fetch quest"

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, the monthly "quests in xiv suck" thread in gaming side, we surely missed it.
I swear they skip all the dialogues and then complains that nothing happens.

I wonder if they had the same complaint about old FF games with had tons of moment "hey go talk to X npc to see how they fare after Y event" or "help me with the dinner by doing a fetch quest"

Not to say there aren't valid complaints, but the old lady that I am laughs at most of the QoL arguments, being someone who played FFXI far too much.

The quest design in FFXIV isn't the greatest, cutscenes still rely too much on canned animations and stiff characters standing/sitting around and talking to each other, and that's not going to appeal to everyone. But that's the known nature of the beast, a decade on, so /shrug. That's either something you can accept, or not.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So do we get right side gear and belt for craft/gatherers this patch cycle? This is the first time I have max level crafting so wanted to know if that's the case.

Also are we getting new potions this patch or nah?

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to check how much DPS I should theoretically be doing without materia meld compared to other people? I'd like to see how I compare percentile-wise....

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Is there a way to check how much DPS I should theoretically be doing without materia meld compared to other people? I'd like to see how I compare percentile-wise....
No, parses don't have any gear data embedded so you can't really know. Materias aren't that big though, and you could just meld VIs(cheap and you can remove them 100% of the time) and get at least somewhat closer.

kayos90

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
damn.... well.... i'm just going to assume that i'm doing average for a dragoon. =/

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Assume about 5 to 10% DPS loss if no materia for your given ilvl. Not a huge deal.

Ghostfacedon

Apr 17, 2019
Man, this 5.2 series patch seems like it's going to be pretty meaty lol. I'm actually looking forward to the relic grind when it drops later. I'm jumping straight into Eden though, gonna try to progress in Savage content with GNB.

Buckle

Oct 27, 2017
Reached LV60 with Blue Mage. So it can only earn poetics and allied seals? Thats a bummer.

I was hoping they could earn a small amount of current tomes to help my other classes or something more substantial. Kind of kills my motivation to keep playing it.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I was hoping they could earn a small amount of current tomes to help my other classes or something more substantial. Kind of kills my motivation to keep playing it.

Only max level jobs can early the curret tier of Tomestones. BLU will never be at cap during any expansion.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Damn I think I made a mistake not having the Ivalice questline done before 5.2.

Any guesses to how long it'll take? I'm queuing for Royal City now, but even as a healer, it's taking a while. I wanna do the new anima weapons ;_;

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017

Any guesses to how long it'll take? I'm queuing for Royal City now, but even as a healer, it's taking a while. I wanna do the new anima weapons ;_;
It'll be better tomorrow. Everyone is trying to get the Void Ark raids for Moogle tomes right now, tomorrow there will be less incentive to try and game the roulette (plus all the people trying to finish the questline before relics drop). You can definitely finish it in a day or two (or even a few hours if you get lucky with queues/runs).

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017

Relics aren't coming until 5.25. Which isn't happening for at least a month, probably 6weeks.

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It'll be better tomorrow. Everyone is trying to get the Void Ark raids for Moogle tomes right now, tomorrow there will be less incentive to try and game the roulette (plus all the people trying to finish the questline before relics drop). You can definitely finish it in a day or two (or even a few hours if you get lucky with queues/runs).
Ah I see, I totally missed the Moogle tome hunt too lol.
Relics aren't coming until 5.25. Which isn't happening for at least a month, probably 6weeks.
Oh word? Well, that's a relief tbh. Now I can just prioritize the patch content first!

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Ah I see, I totally missed the Moogle tome hunt too lol.

Oh word? Well, that's a relief tbh. Now I can just prioritize the patch content first!
Yep can see that on the official page thing and it's fairly standard. Stuff that's not coming in a few hours:
Relic weapons in 5.25(~6weeks after launch)
Ishgard Restoration 5.21(1-2weeks after launch)
Gathering overhaul 5.25(might also have some more crafting overhaul)

LossAversion

The Merchant of ERA
Oct 28, 2017
Cool, I added your code. My free time runs out in 4 days and then it will auto renew.

Has anyone had issues with using a debit card to pay for your sub time? I've seen a few people say that it's better to use crysta to pay for your sub because if your card gets declined for whatever reason it can be a hassle with customer service?

Also, are there addons like Recount for WoW that let people see the DPS/healing of a party? I don't know how well I'm doing in dungeons and I'm curious if people on PC can see if I'm terrible, haha.

Last edited:

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Cool, I added your code. My free time runs out in 4 days and then it will auto renew.

Has anyone had issues with using a debit card to pay for your sub time? I've seen a few people say that it's better to use crysta to pay for your sub because if your card gets declined for whatever reason it can be a hassle with customer service?

Also, are there addons like Recount for WoW that let people see the DPS/healing of a party? I don't know how well I'm doing in dungeons and I'm curious if people on PC can see if I'm terrible, haha.
ACT (Advanced Combat Tracker) is the FFXIV version of Recount. It's technically against ToS but as long as you don't allude to you using it in-game or harass people for their DPS then you won't get banned for it.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
I've heard those same stories, although I've never personally experienced that because I've always used PayPal via Crysta. I'd personally recommend using PayPal via Crysta, although you probably won't have any issues if you do go the debit card route

Status
Not open for further replies.