• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I like Gaia's design, but mostly because she really looks unique in a sea of character faces straight up from the character creation tool.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
Imo ruby weapon ex wouldve been better if you don't have the checkpoint to cheapen the fight.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I like Gaia's design, but mostly because she really looks unique in a sea of character faces straight up from the character creation tool.
I fantasia'd my male midlander hyur because everyone had his face. Felt weird.

Looking at old gunbreaker videos, they changed the sfx for this job right? Kind of hate the current sfx knowing now how it was before.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Finished MSQ last night. Unlocked fishing. Did E5N.

Really good patch and a nice chunk of story, too. Funky Jazz Satasha music and remixed Insatiable were certified platinum bangers.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Aw shit, I was preoccupied by real life yesterday and today's busy too. There are so many spoiler tags I feel like something huge has happened

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
If I had complete Eden (normal) gear and one or 2 pieces from the 24 man raid will I be ok to continue the story?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair, he also designed Patroka (among other characters) for Xenoblade 2 and she doesn't look that exaggerated:

zgfOrJm.jpg

Gaia doesn't really bother me though other than the fact mentioned above that her customization options aren't available to players, lol. When do we get her glam though?

eathdemon

Oct 27, 2017
So when people usually beat Savage they do it with the best available gear of the previous patch most of the time? In this case 470? I've never gone past the second fight but this time I really wanna give it my all and clear everything.
not required but will help. savage tends to have tight enrage timers.

antitrop

Oct 25, 2017
Actually got Copied Factory on the raid roulette last night. I knew it was added to the list, but still didn't expect to get it.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I really like Gaia's hairstyle and I'm a bit sad it wasn't included as a reward for finishing Eden's Verse. Also, I need those killer heels for glamour purposes lol.

I just assumed they put mizzteq in the game and didn't ask questions as to why.

I didn't initially see that connection, but I was briefly watching her stream on Twitch yesterday, and yeah, she definitely looks like Gaia.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
I made it to phase 2 on Ruby EX but I still can't dodge that stupid flight attack for shit. I end up just following people that know what they're doing.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
When they add flying to ARR zones in 5.3, I wonder if we'll have to hunt Aether Currents for each zone.

Deleted member 18021

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't recall them ever saying that would happen. They'd have to completely redo those zones for that to be possible.

They snuck some stuff in with 5.2 that points very heavily towards *eventually* adding in flying in ARR zones. Edges of the zones got worked on (Limsa is no longer melting when viewed from surrounding zones, for example), and the flying barriers got added behind where the invisible walls currently are.

I wouldn't bet on 5.3, per say, but the outlook looks pretty good for them doing it.

Sevyne

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They've apparently added flight boundaries to the ARR zones in 5.2. It's assumed flying is coming.
Oh well then that's interesting. Definitely would be awesome if true.

It would be hard to bet on 5.3, but it would kind of line up with the ARR rework. Now that I think about it, maybe these ShB patches have been lighter in dungeons and such because of all of the efforts in updating ARR.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
When they add flying to ARR zones in 5.3, I wonder if we'll have to hunt Aether Currents for each zone.
I don't recall them ever saying that would happen. They'd have to completely redo those zones for that to be possible.
They've apparently added flight boundaries to the ARR zones in 5.2. It's assumed flying is coming.

Fun fact, 5.2 added flying zones and increased collision allowing you to see further into the distance to the ARR zones. This means faster movement for those who've unlocked flying

Also, you can now use The Emperor's New Shield to hide your paladin's shield. It's available from the Gold Saucer for 100,000 MGP.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I imagine it'll happen in 5.3 because they would have known that people would notice the map adjustments. If it was any further out they probably wouldn't have publically made the changes.

Skyfireblaze

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah that would be awesome! I hope the unification of city-parts will eventually happen too.

And I just spoiled myself on E8's theme on purpose and damn I'm having goosebumps o.o

Deleted member 5596

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I did Eden and Ruby Normal today and I really like it.

E8 is the standout, so cool.

E7 is the stinker honestly, the fight is not that bad, but it feels it drags for too long. Hope I can get to 470 this weeked so I can have a taste of Ruby Ex.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Eden (aside from 7) and Ruby were super fun, but I really dislike what they did to Gaia's eyes and lips. She looks straight up creepy.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Finished all content for the patch.

Spoilers for everything!

Eden was actually pretty amazing this tier! I actually think it is my favourite in a long time. E5 is simple and easy in a few pulls but at first it was pure madness but epic. That Ramuh remix is fantastic and I think it is probably one of my favourite in awhile! E6 was actually the least exciting for me out of this tier. I didn't care much for it and it is def the most easiest this tier on normal at least. Garuda and Ifrit's fusion wasn't that great and the music sucked for me. I dont like the remix and Garuda with Ifrit is an awkward mix. E7 was REALLY INTERESTING and took like 4 wipes blind before a kill. I have to admit the portals mindfucked me beyond belief haha I died so many times. The fight was really cool too with the colours and portals mixed. The Aesthetic was also very enjoyable and the boss felt like an FF boss. E8 is my favourite out of this entire tier. The OST of this is FANTASTIC. The last phase is so crazy epic with Gaia breaking out Ryne from the ice.... man that cutscene just gave me the chills. The fight itself was also very pleasing and Ryne's voice is great. Storywise, this raid was ALSO really good. I actually enjoyed it because Gaia is so bitchy and slowly warms up to Ryne but still in the end acts a bit bitchy. Gaia is done pretty wonderfully. She has nothing to live for and thinks everything is useless, etc. Am I the only one thinking that the last tier is going to have an FF VIII boss? I mean come on all the primals are done now. It is only possible now that we get Ultimecia before Eden or something. I still think this FF VIII feel is there... they wouldn't just put the music for nothing. Also, i'm not sure about Shipping Ryne X Gaia... because it seems really one sided.

This one was kinda ruined for me as I joined a party in progress that was on 2nd phase so I didn't see the transition. Needless to say the fight looked pathetic. I tried again and saw first phase and then changed my mind. All the FF VII goodness is there and Nael was a pleasant surprise although the transition is kinda gross as it is implied the pilot suffered a bad and disturbing death. The after cutscene was kinda sad tbh. I didn't think Gaius had orphans.... did he ever mention them before? Looks like Sapphire weapon is next and will fight for the VERY FIRST TIME IN FF HISTORY.

katagai

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
With the ARR rework being delayed to 5.3 and the patch lining up with an E3 release window, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a surprise launch of the Xbox One version alongside it. It'd be the perfect time to introduce new players to the game without them being discouraged by the bad rep ARR currently has.

JB2448

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
With the ARR rework being delayed to 5.3 and the patch lining up with an E3 release window, I wouldn't be surprised if they do a surprise launch of the Xbox One version alongside it. It'd be the perfect time to introduce new players to the game without them being discouraged by the bad rep ARR currently has.
It was always supposed to come out with patch 5.3. I agree that an Xbox shadowdrop alongside it during Microsoft's E3 presser would be a good marketing move though, especially if there's redone voice acting and flying to showcase.

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Would also be nice if they just made all of 2.0 free after the revamp.
You mean like expanding the free trial to cover all of what the base game covers?

Yeah, I agree. By level 35 you still are barely getting into the semi-interesting stuff, and it's not like the base game by itself has value anymore (after it's been given away via Twitch Prime and later Alienware, I have a few ARR codes sitting in a .txt file on my computer that I haven't gotten around to giving out yet)

But also I remember the free trial having some stupid restrictions like not being able to make a party, they need to revise that

Status
Not open for further replies.