• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Are there no raids until lvl 70? It has just been dungeons and trials so far, also any story progression tied to them?
Raids are side stories at 50, 60, and 70. You won't see any just sticking to the main scenario quest.

The raid for lv 50 is tied to the calamity/Bahamut seen in the intro movie. The raid at 70 is tied to the events directly preceding Stormblood. All the other raids have their own self contained stories iirc.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm almost ready to give up on the Relic weapon. If you didn't get to over level 30 the first week, then it's almost impossible to get a group.

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a Era discord for FF XIV? With WoW BFA out I was gonna okay some FF to take a break after leveling and gathering to just play the story.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I'm almost ready to give up on the Relic weapon. If you didn't get to over level 30 the first week, then it's almost impossible to get a group.

Use the party finder outside of Eureka. Occasionally go in and AFK for the sweet, sweet NM experience if you can. I just hit 35 today and i was already starting to see the bullshit crop up.

Thankfully if you can hit level28 you can get a level35 friend to power level you through Opkens or something similiar. I blew through 28-33 in one day thanks to that. 33-34, and 34-35 tho that was uuuuuuuh painful.

Once you hit 32 you can start jumping onto Anubys and things finally start winding down.

Speaking of Pagos I managed to complete it. Got myself 1 Relic weapon (DRG), Level35, /shiver emote (Sitting on the MB for 20m right now), Tarutaru Minion, and a Speed Belt. Dunno how eager imma be to go back inside.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Maintenance on Monday night starting at 6:00pm PDT. So much for getting to do anything Monday night.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Levelling DPS after tank/healer was a mistake... I miss my insta-queues! Also basically tanked two instances as lancer last night. Our tank for Tam-Tara was either a bot or a troll (kicked him then ran as a three up to the last encounter), and then for Haukke Manor the gladiator held aggro on one mob at a time (so I peeled them off the healer as much as I could) - second time I've been in with a gladiator who doesn't seem to know that flash is a point blank AoE! They really should make Hall of the Novice mandatory.

Not feeling lancer at the moment, but still only level 30.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Levelling DPS after tank/healer was a mistake... I miss my insta-queues! Also basically tanked two instances as lancer last night. Our tank for Tam-Tara was either a bot or a troll (kicked him then ran as a three up to the last encounter), and then for Haukke Manor the gladiator held aggro on one mob at a time (so I peeled them off the healer as much as I could) - second time I've been in with a gladiator who doesn't seem to know that flash is a point blank AoE! They really should make Hall of the Novice mandatory.

Not feeling lancer at the moment, but still only level 30.

Lancer takes a while to come into its own. It gets a bit better once you get Dragoon and only improves from there.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Use the party finder outside of Eureka. Occasionally go in and AFK for the sweet, sweet NM experience if you can. I just hit 35 today and i was already starting to see the bullshit crop up.

Thankfully if you can hit level28 you can get a level35 friend to power level you through Opkens or something similiar. I blew through 28-33 in one day thanks to that. 33-34, and 34-35 tho that was uuuuuuuh painful.

Once you hit 32 you can start jumping onto Anubys and things finally start winding down.

Speaking of Pagos I managed to complete it. Got myself 1 Relic weapon (DRG), Level35, /shiver emote (Sitting on the MB for 20m right now), Tarutaru Minion, and a Speed Belt. Dunno how eager imma be to go back inside.

How did you manage do to the 500 Pagos crystals, do they only come from NM's? Since the NM's don't pop very often and don't drop many crystals, that part seems impossible right now.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
Speaking of dragoon, I dusted my 60 DRG off to play in HoH to relieve some of the tedium and surprised how much I missed it. Will keep both SAM and DRG in the mix for melee I think. Though when did poetics get so rare? I can't scrape together enough to gear even one level 60 character fully let alone two...

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
You need to be running the level 60 dungeons for poetics right? Anything above gives the latest tomes.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts On Rogue/Ninja:

• I wish they would allow to have separate animations in terms of victory and some idle animations for rogue or ninja. It feels kinda weird depending on how you are dressed and which title you prefer with some of those animations, and some NPC's too
  • I hope they die down with the ninja blood line stuff in the story. The rogue story was interesting because it has some local political stuff going on that culminated into this huge thing. And the first ninja story felt like you learning the ropes to this foreign version of this arc that also had you going through this personal journey with these people you by the end of it , you could call friends. But now, its just... ninja bloodline scroll shit and I don't care. And before it might of been worse because it was tsun tsun ninja princess shit. I'm a super spy, I hope in the next expansion ( with quite a few classes ) there is no... defined teacher. Its just you kinda going around and learning stuff. I feel like it would fit, and maybe you are spying on the garlian government and trying to push forward idea in their parliament that cause them to cool off with all that imperialism stuff
  • Needs more tank tops
  • I hope they add more justu next time round
  • Has some of the best artifact armor in the game RN

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
You need to be running the level 60 dungeons for poetics right? Anything above gives the latest tomes.

Yeah I haven't been doing anything that rewards poetics and also Rowena still charges a lot for that stuff. Not sure I want to go down the rabbit hole of grinding for poetics when it will just be out levelled.

Edit: Turns out between my retainers, armoury chest, inventory and glamour dresser I have a pretty much full set of level 61 DRG gear so that solves that problem. I guess being a hoarder pays off in this game ha ha.

Last edited:

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If you need Poetics, you do the MSQ and Leveling roulettes, and then run ARF Til You Barf, like the good ol' days.

I wouldn't really bother outside of left side Shire gear and if you're doing Anima, tbh.

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Thoughts On Rogue/Ninja:

• I wish they would allow to have separate animations in terms of victory and some idle animations for rogue or ninja. It feels kinda weird depending on how you are dressed and which title you prefer with some of those animations, and some NPC's too
  • I hope they die down with the ninja blood line stuff in the story. The rogue story was interesting because it has some local political stuff going on that culminated into this huge thing. And the first ninja story felt like you learning the ropes to this foreign version of this arc that also had you going through this personal journey with these people you by the end of it , you could call friends. But now, its just... ninja bloodline scroll shit and I don't care. And before it might of been worse because it was tsun tsun ninja princess shit. I'm a super spy, I hope in the next expansion ( with quite a few classes ) there is no... defined teacher. Its just you kinda going around and learning stuff. I feel like it would fit, and maybe you are spying on the garlian government and trying to push forward idea in their parliament that cause them to cool off with all that imperialism stuff
  • Needs more tank tops
  • I hope they add more justu next time round
  • Has some of the best artifact armor in the game RN

They won't get new jutsu.

Yoshi and his team have an adversion to adding new abilities that they can't physically replace on your bars.

Summoners have been crying for new Egis since 2.3, but it's not going to happen. Hell, they even gave up on their glamour system.

Village

Oct 25, 2017

Yoshi and his team have an adversion to adding new abilities that they can't physically replace on your bars.

Summoners have been crying for new Egis since 2.3, but it's not going to happen. Hell, they even gave up on their glamour system.
Damn, well I can hope for a different story trajectory I guess. And I suppose this is the point where everyone should start giving up on certain kinds of stuff because the game is " almost over " I mean almost over is two expansions. But in comparison to how long its been out I guess if it isn't in the cards , easily doable or relatable the cards they already have or fixing the cards, the probably aren't at the point of doing it

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
How did you manage do to the 500 Pagos crystals, do they only come from NM's? Since the NM's don't pop very often and don't drop many crystals, that part seems impossible right now.
I wouldn't worry about them. The xp grind is so long you should have enough for 1 relic by the time youre 34. I'm at 700 crystals right now with 3.5m xp left till lv 35, with around 300 of those crystals gotten after lv 32. Once you reach 32 and can port around the map it gets a lot easier to make it in time to the nm's and get the crystals from the high lv ones.

Light feels harder to get cause you have to chain for it, you cant just afk and wait for NM's like you can with the other crystal. I only have 25 of the light crystals.

Last edited:

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't worry about them. The xp grind is so long you should have enough for 1 relic by the time youre 34. I'm at 700 crystals right now with 3.5m xp left till lv 35. Once you reach 32 and can port around the map it gets a lot easier to make it in time to the nm's and get the crystals from the high lv ones.

Light feels harder to get cause you have to chain for it, you cant just afk and wait for NM's like you can with the other crystal. I only have 25 of the light crystals.

I was in Pagos last night for the first time and someone already had 2 weapons and was working on 3 and 4.

Some people really need to re-evaluate their choices in life.

Oct 26, 2017

I wish this game had used the same sort of system Blade&Soul uses for actions.

Zero button bloat issues or configuration needed.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
It makes no sense to me why there aren't more egi glamours

They have what, mini Seph egis modelled and everything? I remember from the job quest. Why can't we just use those??

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
So I've been noticing in dungeons getting hit by AOE attacks despite out of danger zone, I know this is caused by lag but I don't really have such issues playing other MMOs, what is different here?

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yeah I haven't been doing anything that rewards poetics and also Rowena still charges a lot for that stuff. Not sure I want to go down the rabbit hole of grinding for poetics when it will just be out levelled.

Edit: Turns out between my retainers, armoury chest, inventory and glamour dresser I have a pretty much full set of level 61 DRG gear so that solves that problem. I guess being a hoarder pays off in this game ha ha.

When I need poetics for whatever reason I usually end up checking party finder. A lot of people post old ARR trials and dungeons and mention 'first time bonus' in the description. Usually these are done unsynced so things like ARR extreme trials go by pretty fast and you get 100 poetics out of it. Obviously it varies how often this shows up in PF, but when it's up, typically much faster than running a roulette.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
So I've been noticing in dungeons getting hit by AOE attacks despite out of danger zone, I know this is caused by lag but I don't really have such issues playing other MMOs, what is different here?
The AOEs go off when the cast bar is finished, not when the floor effects disappear. Since they are almost never in sync it's best to make sure you are watching the bar rather than the stuff on the ground.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The AOEs go off when the cast bar is finished, not when the floor effects disappear. Since they are almost never in sync it's best to make sure you are watching the bar rather than the stuff on the ground.
I don't know how this works, sometimes I move away as soon as I see a circle under me and still get hit, it seems like they don't give you enough time to react.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know how this works, sometimes I move away as soon as I see a circle under me and still get hit, it seems like they don't give you enough time to react.
Some attacks are going to be unavoidable just due to cast times alone. Knowing the fight after some practice runs is going to to be the only way to know how to predict such attacks. But yeah at times the line is a bit blurred whether it was lag or not that is doing it.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Lancer definitely improves when you morph to Dragoon. Keeping up heavy thrust and the piercing debuff while maximising outgoing damage (and avoiding stuff) is more involved now (without being overwhelming) than what I'd had previously. ^_^

I don't have anywhere near all of the abilities yet, but a quick question - any reason not to fit jump in pretty much as it comes off of cooldown (unless it'll be using a buff that's best saved for a harder hitting ability)? Also... the role actions seem a little underwhelming to me.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017

I thought the same thing as well but its like Anemos. Once you start getting higher in levels there are more NMs available and the income gets exponentially better. Also the level gap between 33-35 is huge so you'll likely go from 200-500 crystals in that phase alone (I did!)

What will really be limiting factor on subsequent relics will be Frosted Crystals since you have to chain level40 mobs for light (Don't do Anubys unless you really, really, want cold weathered chests).

Really at 35 you'll be farming for light or helping spawn NMs with maybe a detour to hit up Anubys because the /shiver emote sells a lot.

A lot of lv 35 people are thirsty as hell for Caprious Cassie tho.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Drops one of the 3 +Haste accessories.

Speed Belt from King Arthro
O. Hat from Hakutaku (w/ cluster)
Cassie Earring from Capricious Cassie.

Basically if you have all 3 equipped you get -9% to your GCDs an Auto Attacks which is insane and it carries over to the other Eureka zones.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Belt and Earring seem Random (Drop rate honestly seems low. But don't mind me I already got a speed belt)

I haven't seen an O. Hat yet but the theory is gold reward is a guaranteed O. Hat

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Hey, guys!

Just unlocked Collective Unconscious last night and am wondering how to use it.
Do you typically channel it as long as you can, or just long enough for everyone to get the regen?

edit: Also, how do you tactfully suggest to tanks that they upgrade their armor before their next run? I did Sashtashta today through the DF and the tank's HP cratered on the first pull of just two mobs. On one hand, I thought I'd be able to keep him up with my gear, but he died about three times over the course of the run and it was nearly impossible for me to contribute DPS. I'd Combust, then heal him and instantly have aggro... : /

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
You'll either use it for the 10% mitigation (If there's no SCH) or to apply the regen after it heals for one tic.

Channeling it is honestly a waste of GCDs when you could either be pumping more damage into the boss or throwing out heals.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
Drops one of the 3 +Haste accessories.

Speed Belt from King Arthro
O. Hat from Hakutaku (w/ cluster)
Cassie Earring from Capricious Cassie.

Basically if you have all 3 equipped you get -9% to your GCDs an Auto Attacks which is insane and it carries over to the other Eureka zones.
only been to pagos twice, does haste affects eerything or just auto attacks?
might be pretty nuts for blm

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
No it affects GCDs. When i equip it my GCDs go down by .09s on SAM with just the speed belt.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The game has built in server tick, eventually you'll get used to it, but it is still annoying when you use an ability (such as a KB ability on O5S) before the cast bar finishes, but still get hit by attack due to the tick.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Just reached Heavensward expansion, the post ARR quests were mostly boring, hopefully this will be good.
those fucking traitors, I wish they would make your character do more in cutscenes than just watch, it sucks.

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Just reached Heavensward expansion, the post ARR quests were mostly boring, hopefully this will be good.
those fucking traitors, I wish they would make your character do more in cutscenes than just watch, it sucks.

I'm still around the middle of Stormblood and, while I enjoy it, I think I prefer the story in Heavensward. The characters, including Ishgard itself, were more enjoyable and the setting was (literally) cool. That said, I think I enjoy the dungeons and gear in Stormblood more. Either way, HW feels MUCH better than ARR. There are fewer filler quests and the whole thing just flows together more naturally!

Enjoy the ride, mayne!

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Finally finished up the Alexander raid on normal this weekend. Last few fights were a lot of fun, though took a while to queue up for them even as a healer (not too surprising given it's old content and I imagine wait times are still better now than it was before the raid roulette became a thing). Hope Omega ends on a high note as well.

Worthwhile to come back?

Probably depends how long you've been away. Next big patch hits sometime in September so if you're looking for a bunch of new stuff to do, that may be the better time to join back up.

Last edited:

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Sorry if this is old news - The Rising 2018 page is up.
w67oEt9C464GPtmxTZngfTQq_I.jpg

Items:
- Revolutions Orchestrion Roll
- Wind-up Cirina
- Manderville Earrings
- White Ravens (also earrings)

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Worthwhile to come back?

Honestly I'd have to know when you left to answer that question (And what you're looking for).

If you left in Heavensward or Early Stormblood and have no interest in raiding I would wait until patch 4.55 drops to basically chow through it all and get your hands on some relatively easy to obtain i380 crafted gear.

If you want to raid when Alphascape savage comes out I'd come back now.

Pollux

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Anyone have good recommendations for controller UI? I can't see half my abilities and I'm seeing some on YouTube where just about everything is shown.

Number45

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have good recommendations for controller UI? I can't see half my abilities and I'm seeing some on YouTube where just about everything is shown.
Make sure you have the WXHB (accessed through a double tap of L2 or R2) and extended cross hotbar controls enabled - that'll give you two whole sets (32 abilities) on display at all times and the expanded controls give you access to another set that you can access with R2 > L2 and L2 > R2. That's been more than enough for me so far (WAR/WHM at 70, currently levelling DRG).

NamasteWager

Oct 27, 2017
Damn, well I can hope for a different story trajectory I guess. And I suppose this is the point where everyone should start giving up on certain kinds of stuff because the game is " almost over " I mean almost over is two expansions. But in comparison to how long its been out I guess if it isn't in the cards , easily doable or relatable the cards they already have or fixing the cards, the probably aren't at the point of doing it

Is this true? The game is nearing it EOL? I guess a new expansion every 2 years means its still has 5 years, but couldnt they continue to put out content for it?

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Isn't there another expansion planned for next year?

I like Astro but holy shit my eyes can't handle keeping up with everything when playing it, I'm always checking the party bar and cooldowns while also trying to avoid the red, it's a little unpleasant on the eyes, I don't even look at the boss usually, is that normal or I'm playing wrong?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.