• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Two packs (6 Mobs is what I aim for) a pull should be fine at ARR levels however in order of Level.

BRD, MCH, BLM, RDM: Level 18
SAM: Level26
MNK: Level26, 30
SMN: Level30 (Can multi dot prior)
DRG: Level 40
NIN: Level 42

Obviously check your comfort level. I've pulled dumb stuff in low level dungeons level capped. And don't worry about dying because you're testing your limits.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Basically if you got a caster or ranged dps go for it. If you got double melee either be level30 or level42.

Optinator

Oct 27, 2017
Two packs (6 Mobs is what I aim for) a pull should be fine at ARR levels however in order of Level.

BRD, MCH, BLM, RDM: Level 18
SAM: Level26
MNK: Level26, 30
SMN: Level30 (Can multi dot prior)
DRG: Level 40
NIN: Level 42

Obviously check your comfort level. I've pulled dumb stuff in low level dungeons level capped. And don't worry about dying because you're testing your limits.
This is really useful as it can be tricky to memorize EVERY job's ability spread. Thanks!

affeinvasion

Oct 26, 2017
Man waiting for the Bowl of Embers mission is rough. They throw you in an inescapable location, then you have to wait for the duty finder to maybe set you up with a party to progress. At least with the other mandatory dungeon story missions I could wander around and harvest trees or work on my hunting log.

Optinator

Oct 27, 2017
Man waiting for the Bowl of Embers mission is rough. They throw you in an inescapable location, then you have to wait for the duty finder to maybe set you up with a party to progress. At least with the other mandatory dungeon story missions I could wander around and harvest trees or work on my hunting log.
You can speak to a Flame Private or something near the water there to escape, or you can just teleport elsewhere.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the tanking tips guys. My last two runs were pretty smooth. The biggest thing right now is learning the dungeons. I also just unlocked Sword Oath. I'm guessing I switch to that only if I'm comfortable with the enmity I pulled in Shield Oath and if the healer is having an easy time healing.

Mango Polo

Nov 2, 2017
As a tank you have the benefit of a big honking HP pool, a variety of defensive cooldowns including one "I'm going to ignore the mechanics for a moment", and typically have less mechanics to deal with than DPS and healers.

Basically you have a lot of leeway in doing dungeons as long as you make sure enemies keep hitting you. That helps a lot to take the edge off from ranking stress.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
As a tank you have the benefit of a big honking HP pool, a variety of defensive cooldowns including one "I'm going to ignore the mechanics for a moment", and typically have less mechanics to deal with than DPS and healers.

Basically you have a lot of leeway in doing dungeons as long as you make sure enemies keep hitting you. That helps a lot to take the edge off from ranking stress.
I also "started" tanking now, PLD was my first 50 in ARR and I also have a 48 DRK but this is the first time I actually plan to start tanking in more content. And... It just seems so simple? I am now 52 with WAR (highest tank job) and I feel like a DPS that just ignores all mechanics lol. Is this just how tanking is, even in higher trials and raids?

Going by the lvling dungeons I feel like healing is way more demanding and dynamic so far.

Mango Polo

Nov 2, 2017
I also "started" tanking now, PLD was my first 50 in ARR and I also have a 48 DRK but this is the first time I actually plan to start tanking in more content. And... It just seems so simple? I am now 52 with WAR (highest tank job) and I feel like a DPS that just ignores all mechanics lol. Is this just how tanking is, even in higher trials and raids?

Going by the lvling dungeons I feel like healing is way more demanding and dynamic so far.
Thanking is universally pretty chill, barring a few scenarios out of your control.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Saw some new outfits on Reddit for the Korean version. Wonder if there's a chance they'll come over to the other regions eventually or if these things usually stay exclusive?

77u8uf08xiq11.png

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
if/when they come over they'll be purchased via the mogstation

other tidbits from the korean live letter is that it looks like they'r going to be unshackling bard and machinist from the piercing debuff

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Yeah I'm guessing these are Mogstation items over there as well, but just was wondering if they typically bring these "exclusive" items from other regions over here eventually.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
They still haven't brought this set over.

wjIv3QT.png

Oh yeah I remember that one. From what I recall that one came out for the Korean New Year this past year, so still possible it may come out on Mogstation here once it's officially a year old (not sure if that's the pattern they've done int the past).

That dress looks really nice in the images, but from what I recall it clips really badly especially when sitting down.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Can't find a party to beat Suzaku Ex with... FC made it to the enrage yesterday but wiped and the practice parties in the PF disband after the 3rd wipe.

And I don't really understand the lag in FFXIV (regarding the rune phase). I have a ping of 30 to the data center (Chaos), then why does it fell like I have a ping of 300 in game? I mean side stepping the runes I have to almost move before it's exploding... I don't get it.

I think it was a mistake to tell everyone "just side step, running around is a dps loss". Now even practice groups try this and just can't do it reliably. Instead of "stand on last, run around" which would mean a dps loss but would lead them to the next parts all hell breaks lose when the rune phase starts. I think it's a stupid risk in the beginning. If you can do that stuff and see the enrage, than maybe you can practice the side step but until then just run around (imho). This pahse is super easy if you do the "run around or wait for two explosions". You don't need good reaction or good ping.

Last edited:

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
You don't really want to start going wall-to-wall before you get to the level 50 dungeons, honestly. 2.0 dungeons can actually slap you harder than you would think, and a lot of classes/jobs might not have their AoEs anyway. Two packs is a good rule of thumb unless you know otherwise, but you should adjust your pace based on how well your healer's doing and the party comp. Doing a single pack test pull at the start if you see new people isn't a bad idea, even when you get to newer content.

As for aggro, you probably just need to be spamming your aoe enmity ability more. If you're playing GLD/PLD, you want to spam Flash two-three times, then cycle through with your aggro combo until the DPS kill everything. That's not a hard and fast rule, so if you're having trouble, use it more often before going into your aggro combo. When you get Total Eclipse, use it a couple times as well with Fight or Flight and you shouldn't have trouble. Once you get Shield Oath (and later Circle of Scorn), you'll have even less trouble.

You might find these useful in general:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fS-FVrY74Y
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BDnGQkRNmAw

These links were really helpful!
Thank you!

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
95d9ecda2c.jpg

6 hours of prog yesterday. Got to 2%. Fuaggjadsb

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Yeah it was like our second or third time hitting enrage so healers didn't have a feel for how much damage was going out and we didn't have enough mitigation for the third wave of bullshit. We were pretty clean up until then so when we got through the second spinning laser without anyone eating shit my heart was beating out of my fucking chest so hard omg. We wiped and I just had to get up and start jumping because holy shit.

lolrip on my server.

cd8aa39bc3.png

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Can't find a party to beat Suzaku Ex with... FC made it to the enrage yesterday but wiped and the practice parties in the PF disband after the 3rd wipe.

And I don't really understand the lag in FFXIV (regarding the rune phase). I have a ping of 30 to the data center (Chaos), then why does it fell like I have a ping of 300 in game? I mean side stepping the runes I have to almost move before it's exploding... I don't get it.

I think it was a mistake to tell everyone "just side step, running around is a dps loss". Now even practice groups try this and just can't do it reliably. Instead of "stand on last, run around" which would mean a dps loss but would lead them to the next parts all hell breaks lose when the rune phase starts. I think it's a stupid risk in the beginning. If you can do that stuff and see the enrage, than maybe you can practice the side step but until then just run around (imho). This pahse is super easy if you do the "run around or wait for two explosions". You don't need good reaction or good ping.
I actually think side stepping is way easier. The trick is to stand right on the divider and as soon as you see the explosion, hop over.

I say this as someone on the eastern side of the US, so I get fairly high ping as well.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I actually think side stepping is way easier. The trick is to stand right on the divider and as soon as you see the explosion, hop over.

I say this as someone on the eastern side of the US, so I get fairly high ping as well.

I did the same thing. Some guy in the group tried to forbid people from doing it but it's the easiest way for me. You just gotta time it like you said, as the explosion is happening.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I feel like V9S just has too much HP. I needs about a million less than what it has. Mechanically, it's not that bad; it's quite a bit easier than V5S. It just has too much HP. It eels like pugs won't be able to beat it until people start getting their 390 tomestone weapons and have half their 390 tomestone armor.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like V9S just has too much HP. I needs about a million less than what it has. Mechanically, it's not that bad; it's quite a bit easier than V5S. It just has too much HP. It eels like pugs won't be able to beat it until people start getting their 390 tomestone weapons and have half their 390 tomestone armor.
It isn't that bad, just have to have a clean run. lots of pugs have cleared it already.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I did the same thing. Some guy in the group tried to forbid people from doing it but it's the easiest way for me. You just gotta time it like you said, as the explosion is happening.
I can do the Suzaku side stepping now pretty reliable, still haven't found a party to go longer than meteors though. I made it to the enrage with my FC yesterday but there are not enough people that want to do that stuff sadly. The PF was a painful experience today.

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
I hate O10S I hate O10S I hate O10S.

It's not even the mechanics are too hard to do properly but the dumb server ticks that are causing me to die to orbs or can't pass/grab the bulwark properly. All the while having to channel my Jedi foresight and go to safe spots way earlier losing precious deeps.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017
I hate O10S I hate O10S I hate O10S.

It's not even the mechanics are too hard to do properly but the dumb server ticks that are causing me to die to orbs or can't pass/grab the bulwark properly. All the while having to channel my Jedi foresight and go to safe spots way earlier losing precious deeps.

My group all hates it too.

Do the continuous running strat and have everyone bait in bomb 1, dodge into 3, then Sprint to bomb 2 on whatever side the bulwark/hottail isn't on. No AOE lines means those 1/3 arena hit boxes are too messy to run in an out of safely consistently. Hesitation is death and it's hard to judge when the snapshot happens.

I really like 9, so it was a bummer to prog through 10. 11 is fun so far thank God.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
That feel when you need to do MSQ to catch up with your FC members in end-game content stuff but you are coming down from a 3-victories-in-a-row PVP high.

I wish there was a bigger PVP scene :'( It's the only reason I leveled machinist at this point lmao

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't know if I have ever had three wins in a month in PVP. The Flames are terrible.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't know, I've only ever played Twin Adders and ever since switching to a ranged DPS I've been getting a ton of kills and am a better asset to the team.

I just really, really like pushing people off cliffs to their deaths lol

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I popped into Eureka Aenomos and spent like 20 minutes killing level one fish with my AST.

Is that basically it?
You can summon fates by killing specific mobs X number of times. For Anemos most just follow the train spawning the fates cause theres a xp penalty when grouping up with people that are higher lv than you and killing trash.

Eureka 2, Pagos, is mostly the same thing in a winter map but the fates are harder to spawn and the map is harder to traverse till you reach lv 33ish.

Eureka 3, Pyros, is supposed to reward gear with random stats and have a new combat mechanic where you can collect new eureka only actions by killing trash for stones and combining the stones to create an action.

Eurek 4, scheduled for next year, is supposed to have some sort of raid/dungeon where you'll need the actions you've been collecting to complete it.

If Anemos is too boring for you, but you'd still like to try the new stuff when it comes out you should see if anyone will let you hop on a 2 seater mount and carry you to the fates. Once you've lv'd up a bit and collected some magicite you can then just do the weekly challenge log for a easy lv or two and bounce till it resets. You won't get the crystals for the relic weapon, but you'll be able to proceed to the next maps when they launch.

scy

Oct 25, 2017

Well, he has 20.38M HP and the majority of the fight is basically a training dummy with all the uptime you have so knocking off around 5% of his health is pretty significant. I did a random PF 2-chest on my alt and most of the group wasn't that well geared (mix of 370, occasional 380 Omega / crafted, most without tome anything) and we still cleared around less than halfway into the enrage sequence (Tsunami cast went out but did not resolve debuffs). 5% less HP to go through for that group would mean killing pre-enrage entirely and that's without any amazing DPS (~37.5k rDPS). Suzaku weapons alone on everyone was pushing that to pre-enrage start, much less tome weapons pushing the kill into the back half of the 4th Elemental phase.

I think the bigger problem you end up with in a lot of uncleared PFs right now, based off just this one evening of alt runs anyway, is just the amount of just barely i370 people there. Unmelded everything, scraping by with multiple left side i360s but bought some i380 right to balance, etc. As base ilvl goes up with actual gear, a lot of that will fall aside and "enrage? in my o9s?" will be the same kind of story people share like with O1S and O5S enrage PFs.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Finally wrapped up the 4.4 MSQ. Won't dive into spoilers but definitely curious to see where the story goes next. Feels like we're ramping up to the next expansion in terms of story, which is pretty cool. I first started playing the game a few months after Stormblood came out, so looking forward to seeing the build up to the next expansion in the coming months, especially once it gets officially announced.

In the meantime, think my next step is unlocking the Hell's Kier trial and taking a stab at Alphascape normal, so still got stuff to catch up on.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I just bought Stormblood on PSN I can't find the redemption code to apply to the mogstation. Is that done automatically when I log in on the PS4 or should I contact sony support?

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I just bought Stormblood on PSN I can't find the redemption code to apply to the mogstation. Is that done automatically when I log in on the PS4 or should I contact sony support?

I think if you bought it on the PSN store it automatically applies the licence to your account the first time you log in. I think on PS4, you are never putting codes into mogstation, you would be putting it in the PSN store if you bought it at retail.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
There's never maintenance as early as 9pm eastern unless it's the night before a big patch. It's usually like 12-2am eastern.

Gamer @ Heart

Oct 26, 2017

You can't react I this game based on animations. Just like you can finish a spell cast if you start moving 75% through a cast bar, enemy moves snapshot your position before a cast is fully complete based on the visual info the game gives you.

What you said is exactly right, you dodge in this game by running into effects as/right before your client shows them going off. The flashy aoe animation means nothing, the data packet/server tick that told the game your position before it displayed is all that matters. It's why you will see yourself die way into the safe zone of an aoe you think you safely dodged out of. It's only really a factor in hard end game activities were there are no aoe markers on the ground. Those typically don't lie to you and unless you truely do have god awful ping, generally represent the true snapshot.

It's a skill you slowly build up and get used to.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Finally gave Suzaku EX a go and cleared it. Eh, what a mess. I died cause I screwed up the aoe on the meteors because I panicked. Mechanically, it's a very annoying fight. I feel like the colours are very unforgiving. Even when I know I passed a colour it still blows up on me at least 50% of the time even when i'm reading the song correctly. I really need more practice in that part. I dont want to embarrass myself in farms lmao. Really though it's a fun fight but that dance with the colours reallllly suckssss. I dunno if it's just me but that's the hardest part in the fight because it always screws me over even when I moved to the next platform most of the time.

Didn't have much time to play this week but I'm not even bothered about not clearing O9S yet. Maybe next week.

Also, grats ON O12S!

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Raid cleared. Seeya next year.

unknown.png

I don't really know much about raiding, but it looks like that bard has some crazy DPS! Like only about 100 off of the SMN! Is that normal?

edit: The SCH DPS also looks a bit low, which I normally wouldn't notice except for the fact that it's lower than the AST.
edit 2: Oh, and congrats!!

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Finally gave Suzaku EX a go and cleared it. Eh, what a mess. I died cause I screwed up the aoe on the meteors because I panicked. Mechanically, it's a very annoying fight. I feel like the colours are very unforgiving. Even when I know I passed a colour it still blows up on me at least 50% of the time even when i'm reading the song correctly. I really need more practice in that part. I dont want to embarrass myself in farms lmao. Really though it's a fun fight but that dance with the colours reallllly suckssss. I dunno if it's just me but that's the hardest part in the fight because it always screws me over even when I moved to the next platform most of the time.
I can dodge the colors almost 99% of the time now I would say but I can not clear it because the majority in the PF can't do it reliably. Most parties can't even go without falling off in the beginning of Phase 2 or the tank 180 swipe.
And as I said, there aren't many people in my FC that are willing to commit time to Ex or Savage content, even though we have 200 active members last time I checked. It's frustrating since I thing Suzaku Ex isn't even that hard. The AoE damage as well as the tank damage is negligible except for the last few %.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
Grats~!

I don't really know much about raiding, but it looks like that bard has some crazy DPS! Like only about 100 off of the SMN! Is that normal?

edit: The SCH DPS also looks a bit low, which I normally wouldn't notice except for the fact that it's lower than the AST.
edit 2: Oh, and congrats!!

So, to put it in perspective, the BRD's DPS is actually a bit below average (~6750-ish would be about the 50th percentile mark) while the SMN just had a pretty bad run (~7350 for 50th). That said, yeah, you'd expect BRD DPS to be pretty high these days, especially with all the crit scaling that's been going on and where sub-stats are now. As for the healers, the SCH actually had a pretty much average run while the AST just got to DPS a lot and ended up with a really good run.

Due to the small amount of clears, and already varying gear situations (or basically no tome weapons vs tome weapons vs omega), it's also a little hard to really get a good idea of what's "average" at this point since there's a wide discrepancy in percentile over relatively small numbers (e.g., within 10% can be a swing of 90th percentile range down to 20th or some jobs having a 20-30 percentile difference in as small as 100-150 DPS). So most of these numbers don't mean basically anything at all, pretty much, due to the kind of shaky nature of parses this early on. Clears are clears, especially throughout the whole everyone is still gearing to BiS phase. Just wanted to chime in on the questions here with what's currently 'average' DPS for the fights.

Obligatory disclaimer that 'average' is really misleading but using it since it fits well with what 50th percentile would represent.

Status
Not open for further replies.