• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mature

Oct 25, 2017
Finally wrapped up the 4.4 MSQ. Won't dive into spoilers but definitely curious to see where the story goes next. Feels like we're ramping up to the next expansion in terms of story, which is pretty cool. I first started playing the game a few months after Stormblood came out, so looking forward to seeing the build up to the next expansion in the coming months, especially once it gets officially announced.

In the meantime, think my next step is unlocking the Hell's Kier trial and taking a stab at Alphascape normal, so still got stuff to catch up on.

Can't wait for Ivalice tide in lol! They are definitely diving already into next expansion and I think the next ivalice raid will be linked to it. Proper excited me

Last edited:

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Can't wait for Ivalice tide in lol! They are definitely diving already into next expansion and I think the next ivalice raid will be linked to it. Proper excited me

It's too bad that Return to Ivalice's story has been such a dud so far. I had higher hopes for Matsuno's return to Final Fantasy.

Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played since 4.0. After watching the Trailer for 4.4 I'm itching to resub (is it gramatically correct to write it like this?).

Any cool features I might have missed aside from new raids and dungeons?

Also is anyone here on Odin?

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Finally cleared Suzaku Ex! We did hit enrage on the first try but killed her without problems the second time around. It was a PF mix of people who had cleared it before and people that hadn't. I think it was mostly people from one FC though. I was the rando. I had to leave after that because one of their healers wanted to join. The mount did drop too but I rolled single digits like I always do. That was exciting, my first Ex kill. It's a very cool fight. Can't wait to do it again.

Last edited:

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Would like a little advice from crafters/gatherers.
Gathering jobs are all 70. Crafting will be there by the end of the month. I know people that can craft the best lvl 70 gear, like Onishi Dogi and probably HQ it with a split of NQ/HQ but even the NQ ingredients for that are $$$$. What's my best path forward for getting better gear?
1) Buy yellow scrip gear for gathering
2) Buy yellow scrip gear for crafting
3) Gather materials
4) Craft some HQ ingredients here and there
5) Give to someone to HQ high end stuff?
6) Have all my hard work erased by the time 5.0 comes out b/c I feel like that's how long it will take me :lol

Am I missing something?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
[Follow-up]Regarding the Intermittent DDoS Attacks (Oct. 9)
This is Producer and Director Naoki Yoshida.

I would like to explain the current situation, as the intermittent DDoS attacks* over the past few days have been a cause of concern for our players.

■Target of the Attacks■

The DDoS attacks are currently targeting the game servers and network environment of all JP, NA, and EU Data Centers.

■Regarding Defensive Measures■

The DDoS attacks are being carried out in varying patterns in each region, and we are constantly adapting our methods in order to effectively defend against the attacks. Depending on the pattern of the attacks, we may require maintenance when switching to a different defensive method, in which case we will make an announcement in a separate notice.
We are continuing to communicate and strategize with upstream ISPs as we address the situation.

■Effects on Gameplay■

As the pattern of the attacks received and defensive measures used vary between each region, their effects on gameplay will also vary between each region. Our main priority is to prevent Worlds from going down and services from being suspended, and so we are doing our best to provide optimal defenses in order to minimize effects in each region.

The EU Data Center, which has been the most frequently targeted, had some cases where several hundred to several thousands of disconnections occurred during an attack. The NA Data Centers have also been affected similarly, albeit on a smaller scale.

On the JP Data Center, we observed users of certain ISPs and network routes experiencing several milliseconds of network delay (lag) due to the effects of defensive measures in place.

We are doing our best to provide optimal countermeasures across all Data Centers to prevent major issues, such as all Worlds becoming unavailable. However some defensive measures have had side effects, and we sincerely apologize for the inconvenience they are causing our players.

*What is a DDoS attack?
A DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attack overwhelms the target with an irregular amount of data, which causes servers and networks to become overloaded and cease to function properly. Because the irregular amounts of data are being sent from various sources all over the world, it is extremely difficult to trace or defend against an attacker.

For instance, imagine if an enormous number of people with fake tickets lined up for a concert. This would disrupt the workflow of the concert staff and prevent them from doing their actual tasks. Because a large number of people are coming from various locations at the same time, it would prove difficult to locate the person distributing the fake tickets or to prevent people with fake tickets from lining up beforehand.

We would like to ask for your patience and understanding as we continue to do our best to address ongoing issues.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Gathering jobs are all 70. Crafting will be there by the end of the month. I know people that can craft the best lvl 70 gear, like Onishi Dogi and probably HQ it with a split of NQ/HQ but even the NQ ingredients for that are $$$$. What's my best path forward for getting better gear?
3) Gather materials
6) Have all my hard work erased by the time 5.0 comes out b/c I feel like that's how long it will take me :lol

Am I missing something?
Buy kingcrafts and materia 6s with your scrips. Switch to main hands + materia 6s once you've gotten all the kingcrafts you need. You can also get offhands if you'd like, but I wouldn't recommend wasting scrips on something you'll replace with a crafted item.

Sell the materia if you're low on funds. Craftsman's Cunning 6 is selling for around 200k on your server. Use the funds to buy nq mats that can be gathered like ore and cotton.

Craft hq ingredients of the easy stuff like the twines, ingots, etc...

Find someone to craft the harder stuff/final item. If the hq trash items you give them is not enough to hq (unlikely), then buy hq tome mats with tomes.

Mature

Oct 25, 2017
3) Gather materials

Am I missing something?

I never bothered to get the ilvl345 gathering gear because I just couldn't be arsed if I'm honest lol. Funny enough that you brought this up because I just got all my gathering set with yellow scrips and the results aren't bad specially this late on the expansion.

Buying the yellow scrip ilvl350 gathering gear (full set + OH/MH) sent me to 1480ish gathering and 1440 perception. You need 1550 perception to hit HQ I believe. At this stage you don't really need HQ mats for anything and a crafter knows that so you can sell the NQ in mb and they will fly.

On the bright side you spend 0gil on getting a decent gear by trading yellow scrips. You can get the full set in 2 weeks (right side and left side including 2 rings) and week after HM and OH per class by doing kurenai manago and the kloe? Can never remember their names.

At this stage on expansion I personally don't think is worth spending money on crafting gear when you can get it for free basically if you aren't gear enough to gather or craft it.

The yellow scrip gear might not be the best (and not the worst) but it will help you by not only by saving you money but to get ready for 5.0

The other thing is that you gonna get to a point where you gonna be capping yellow and red scrips every week* . Once you sorted with gear (if you go for it) get kingcraft materia and materia VI and V with red scrips like Victor mentioned.

I'm gonna probably do some science and get the full crafter yellow scrip set and see the difference with my fully melded crafting set. (Not sure what server you on but if you are in Ultros I craft for FC members for free just bring NQ mats)

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
What's all that "kill for friend" in the PF? There were like 5 or 6 parties at the same time open, with the same message.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
What's all that "kill for friend" in the PF? There were like 5 or 6 parties at the same time open, with the same message.
Kill for a friend generally means it's a PF with people who have already cleared and one(or more) people who haven't cleared, who might or might not need to be carried.

Honestly the quality of these vary a lot, depending on how many people are there to help the friend in question and how bad the friend is. Sometimes it's like 1guy, his 2 friends who haven't even tried the fight and recruiting random people, sometimes it's 6people who have cleared, one guy who did 10hours of random queue/PFs but can't get a kill and recruiting only one more who has killed(so it's going to be an easy fight generally speaking). This kind of stuff.

They're also mostly non farm PFs, as in they'll kill it once and leave since the friend now has the kill and can join farm groups without the obvious warning that he hasn't cleared.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
In my experience, "kill for a friend" usually has a ton of people join that wanna be carried or something. I've never cleared in "kill for a friend" groups.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
I just joined a farm group and while we cleared it three times it was kinda messy, we started to wipe and came close to the enrage. As a healer it wears on you, at least in my case. If I am constantly rezzing people and there is chaos your attention starts to slip away. In the last fight I did stupid mistakes myself and did need a break. It's a totally unique and awesome fight though but after a few runs I can't hold the same attention. Maybe I am getting old (I know I do). Having never played Ex or higher content, that is a whole new thing for me.
The totems you get from killing Suzaku, that is just for people that have bad luck I assume or for an easier way to gear alts? After 10 kills you can just buy the weapon?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I just joined a farm group and while we cleared it three times it was kinda messy, we started to wipe and came close to the enrage. As a healer it wears on you, at least in my case. If I am constantly rezzing people and there is chaos your attention starts to slip away. In the last fight I did stupid mistakes myself and did need a break. It's a totally unique and awesome fight though but after a few runs I can't hold the same attention. Maybe I am getting old (I know I do). Having never played Ex or higher content, that is a whole new thing for me.
The totems you get from killing Suzaku, that is just for people that have bad luck I assume or for an easier way to gear alts? After 10 kills you can just buy the weapon?
It's so people can feel like they're progressing towards something after every clear. 10 will buy you a weapon, 99 will buy you the mount in a future patch.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
In my experience, "kill for a friend" usually has a ton of people join that wanna be carried or something. I've never cleared in "kill for a friend" groups.
My experience has been pretty varied in these, but they've been decent source of clears for when I'm trying to pub stuff though, but it really depends as I said. When it's like the FC helping a guy and they need 2 people to fill in because no one else in the FC wants to help and it's mostly savage raiders or whatever, it's a very easy clear, but then sometimes it's people trying to get a clear for free by having one friend join them then try to recruit only people who have cleared to carry them.

I've also joined a few when I just was bored and felt like helping random people once I'm comfortable with the fight.

On another subject, is the Doman event thing where you donate items finished? I figured I'd do that until my sub runs out and it doesn't look like it takes too many weeks but if they keep adding some it'll be annoying to finish if I resub say a month before 5.0 release or so but if it's over then it'd be pretty easy to catch up. I've seen they've upgraded how much you can donate per week in "phase 2" or whatever but they didn't add new stories/cutscenes things I guess?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
My experience has been pretty varied in these, but they've been decent source of clears for when I'm trying to pub stuff though, but it really depends as I said. When it's like the FC helping a guy and they need 2 people to fill in because no one else in the FC wants to help and it's mostly savage raiders or whatever, it's a very easy clear, but then sometimes it's people trying to get a clear for free by having one friend join them then try to recruit only people who have cleared to carry them.

I've also joined a few when I just was bored and felt like helping random people once I'm comfortable with the fight.

On another subject, is the Doman event thing where you donate items finished? I figured I'd do that until my sub runs out and it doesn't look like it takes too many weeks but if they keep adding some it'll be annoying to finish if I resub say a month before 5.0 release or so but if it's over then it'd be pretty easy to catch up. I've seen they've upgraded how much you can donate per week in "phase 2" or whatever but they didn't add new stories/cutscenes things I guess?
This patch likely ends the Doman enclave story, they added a quest that mentions the enclave reaching a milestone and no longer needing your donations.

There's 2 cutscenes per week. After you donate the max amount, check the box again to trigger the npc with the cutscene. Then check the box again to trigger the next npc. Then check the box again cause sometimes the donation cap is raised letting you donate another 5k before reset.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
The second Suzaku Ex color phase still fucks with my brain from time to time. Even if I have done this quite a lot and also with success. I thought this will become second nature but it hasn't. Since the first color phase is always the same combination, how do you handle the second one with 8 symbols/colors? Do you do the 4-1-4-1 thing or is it so easy for you that you just need to quickly look and know what to do? I can run this 10 times to almost perfection and then fuck up like I have a brain fart or something.
Especially when ppl start taking heavy damage because they stand in explosions or start dying then I can get overwhelmed. It's kinda a new thing for me, probably because I only did the easy stuff like dungeons and alliance raids so far.

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A lil late but Im sad duskglow aethersand normalized again.

Having only played for a few months I rather enjoyed making 50m gill in 2 weeks.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Suzaku ex is just a little weird maybe. Took me a bit to really get comfortable with the panels. Once you're used to when they spawn it's just w/e though. You're doing the same stuff every time

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
The second Suzaku Ex color phase still fucks with my brain from time to time. Even if I have done this quite a lot and also with success. I thought this will become second nature but it hasn't. Since the first color phase is always the same combination, how do you handle the second one with 8 symbols/colors? Do you do the 4-1-4-1 thing or is it so easy for you that you just need to quickly look and know what to do? I can run this 10 times to almost perfection and then fuck up like I have a brain fart or something.
Especially when ppl start taking heavy damage because they stand in explosions or start dying then I can get overwhelmed. It's kinda a new thing for me, probably because I only did the easy stuff like dungeons and alliance raids so far.

I never did the sidestep thing so I just look at what the 4th color is and the first color is. Start on the 4th and run onto the 1st after it explodes. If 4th and 5th color are the same, go from 4th to 1st and stop until the one you started on explodes twice, then go back to that one. If 4th and 5th are different, go from 4th to 1st and keep running around until panels stop exploding. I know this is less dps or whatever, but I'm a healer so it doesn't matter too much, I just throw some dots up before it starts.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
This patch likely ends the Doman enclave story, they added a quest that mentions the enclave reaching a milestone and no longer needing your donations.

There's 2 cutscenes per week. After you donate the max amount, check the box again to trigger the npc with the cutscene. Then check the box again to trigger the next npc. Then check the box again cause sometimes the donation cap is raised letting you donate another 5k before reset.
K that's what I thought, that's good then it doesn't take too long to get there.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
A friend recently came back on a different server. Can I play through the story stuff w/ him? He's all the way back in ARR. How does cross server stuff work?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
A friend recently came back on a different server. Can I play through the story stuff w/ him? He's all the way back in ARR. How does cross server stuff work?
Cross server stuff only applies to duty finder instances like dungeons and raids and you need to be on the same data center. You can't play with him in the overworld without one of you transferring to the others server.

To queue together you'll need to make a party finder group with the "recruit members across data center" option ticked. He joins the group and then you queue for whatever instance you're gonna run using duty finder.

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
If your servers are on the same datacenter, you can do cross-world parties in party finder.
Cross server stuff only applies to duty finder instances like dungeons and raids and you need to be on the same data center. You can't play with him in the overworld without one of you transferring to the others server.

To queue together you'll need to make a party finder group with the "recruit members across data center" option ticked. He joins the group and then you queue for whatever instance you're gonna run using duty finder.

Cool, thanks. He actually moved to Jenova and I'm on Sarg, so it works out!

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
can't clear o9s the last few days even on duty complete PFs
think i'll just stop playing again until pyros update
i can see myself only playing only on new patches even for 5.0 if this goes on

tsampikos

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Got a link? Or mind explaining?
Use this site for the timers http://www.garlandtools.org/bell/

An easy way to narrow what you want down is to select Patch 4.0, select Botany and Miner for classes, then for type pick Ephemeral.

You will get something that looks like this, but with the map out... which should tell you where to go for the ephemeral nodes.

https://i.imgur.com/AIrgRuG.png

Assuming you have a lvl 70 Botanist and lvl 70 Miner with BiS/ Yellow Scrip gear, with the aid if food ( use Nomad Meat Pie from Reunion in Azim Steppe ), you should have over 600 GP and stats to do a proper aetherial reduction farm.

With collectability on select the highest level item ( Yanxian Verbena for BOT or Yanxian Soil for MIN )

With 600 GP use this rotation : Single Mind - Utmost Cauction - Instinctual Appraisal - Instinctual Appraisal - Instinctual Appraisal

From here, if you have at least 360 collectability, use Single Mind then a final Instinctual Appraisal.

If you have less than 360 use Discerning Eye then Instinctual Appraisal. IMO I find it easier to use have a macro that does Single Mind - Utmost Cauction - Instinctual Appraisal - Instinctual Appraisal - Instinctual Appraisal - Single Mind - Instinctual Appraisal at all times since it is mindless farming but to each their own. Whatever gives you more aethersand overall is debatable but I find my rotation works with minimal fuss.

When I start proper I will first start off by doing a red gathering scrip run so I can buy a ton of Cordials that should last me for hours.

From there, assuming you are starting right off the bat from 600 GP, you go over to the node and use the collectability rotation and harvest what you get. Pop the cordial then go to the 3 nearest nodes to reset it then farm again. While the cordial is on cooldown, if you're still regening your GP you can refresh the ephemeral node again until you have a +1 or +2 to gathering attempt. I usually try once or twice before I just gather whatever I find. This should put you at near 0 GP with a few minutes left to go on the cordial. From then onward you keep going around and refreshing the same ephemeral node until you get +1s or +2s or once you have enough GP to make another attempt, popping the cordials as soon as they comes up.

Hope this makes sense/ helps!

KuroNeeko

Oct 25, 2017
Osaka
Wait, so is the Doman Enclave thing is like Ishgard rebuilding itself between patches? I *JUST* hit level 70 on AST and SCH and have been HYPED about rebuilding Doma, but you're telling me it's almost finished?

Am I going to be like that guy who shows up last to a beach clean-up, picks up one can, and then goes and parties with everyone afterwards like he did something?

Last edited:

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I was disappointed Rhalgr's didn't rebuild itself between patches. Going to Idyllshire and seeing the changes was one of the things I most looked forward to each patch back in 3.x

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Wait, so is the Doman Enclave thing is like Ishgard rebuilding itself between patches? I *JUST* hit level 70 on AST and SCH and have been HYPED about rebuilding Doma, but you're telling me it's almost finished?

Am I going to be like that guy who shows up last to a beach clean-up, picks up one can, and then goes and parties with everyone afterwards like he did something?
No, Doma's reconstruction is phased per player, like stuff in WoW. You put the money in by yourself every week and based on that the look of the instance for you changes.

(Or at least I'm pretty sure that's how it works)

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Yeah what I was asking about is knowing if the whole thing was done, so max progress time was locked. Because if they kept adding more stuff, it'd take longer and longer to catch up. Apparently it's more or less finished atm(I guess they'll have a final event during 4.5 or 4.55 or whatever to tie it up) so it takes 7weeks to catch up, based on what I read on the wiki.

It isn't like Idylshire which would progress on its own based on the patches, so starting the game in 3.5 you'd see the whole thing already built instead of seeing it build bit by bit. There are parts that changed based on the original state though(like the base map, paths and stuff, because it'd look weird to see people run into walls/nothing if they didn't since they had to expand the area to fit the stuff over time), but it's still mostly planks and stones when you get there.

Meccs

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
How does Alphascape v1 savage compare to Suzaku Ex in terms of difficulty? It's quite a step up isn't it?

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Yeah what I was asking about is knowing if the whole thing was done, so max progress time was locked. Because if they kept adding more stuff, it'd take longer and longer to catch up. Apparently it's more or less finished atm(I guess they'll have a final event during 4.5 or 4.55 or whatever to tie it up) so it takes 7weeks to catch up, based on what I read on the wiki.

It isn't like Idylshire which would progress on its own based on the patches, so starting the game in 3.5 you'd see the whole thing already built instead of seeing it build bit by bit. There are parts that changed based on the original state though(like the base map, paths and stuff, because it'd look weird to see people run into walls/nothing if they didn't since they had to expand the area to fit the stuff over time), but it's still mostly planks and stones when you get there.
Patch notes for 4.4 have a side quest which requires Doman Enclave to be finished, so I assume that will be the final thing to do there.
Looking at the map, I think we'll have 1-2 more weeks to finish it, if you donated the full amount and haven't skipped a week.

Edit:
This year's Halloween's event page is up!

Last edited:

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
How does Alphascape v1 savage compare to Suzaku Ex in terms of difficulty? It's quite a step up isn't it?
it was quite daunting in the beginning, but once you understand each phases it's probably easier
but even now in duty complete PFs there are still parties that fail to beat it because someone died, PFs dps usually are still quite low so just 1 death might be enough to fail the fight
in fact i got fed up after failing it the last few days so i'll probably just stop playing until pyros patch

Mature

Oct 25, 2017

If you have done o5s is kinda same difficulty level. Just go in and try it. It really isn't hard. The problem with PF groups are they are joining with a mish-mash of 370 gear making dps pretty much tight meaning if someone dies you are highly likely to hit enrage even before soft enrage.

BUT PF and puggin are getting better on clearing o9s whereas people still struggle to clear Suzaku ex!

Just go in and see what is like!

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I just got back to this game

Can somene explain what in the ever loving, Who thought this story battle was a good idea? I fight the one Au Ra girl, and then they force me to switch characters, and then battle somene who if they kill hien, who fucking stands in every AOE attack we loose, who the fuck thought was good. Why the shit did they think I would want to play as Y'stolia and not ME, what the fuck, Who did this ?

OOOPSIE Hien is shitty and now we gotta do the whole thing over , oh boy!

Status
Not open for further replies.