• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ashamoil

Oct 25, 2017
I was wondering. Once I hit level 60 using the exp boost on adamantoise, I could pay for a transfer to ultros right? Would love to be on the same server than most of you.
I don't think there's anything stopping you if you wanted to, provided you haven't recently transferred. I think there's a 30-day lockout after transferring once.

Naked Koopa

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's anything stopping you if you wanted to, provided you haven't recently transferred. I think there's a 30-day lockout after transferring once.
No im a new player. Started playing a week or so ago. Just hit level 45 yesterday. The exp boost runs out at level 60 so I thought i could make use of it then bail out.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
My gifs wont work :( Neither will the ones in the OP but they did before. Do they not want to embed bigger gifs for now?

Anyway, I thought this would be a nice entrance gif.

https://i.imgur.com/CF4OjjS.gif

Silvard

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interest in picking up this game again, but I haven't played since like a month after launch. I think I had a character reach level 30 or thereabouts. I don't remember anything I've done. How screwed am I story/character wise if I try to come back into the game now? Is it still possible for me to experience the story despite the game being two expansions in? Should I just start a new character?

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
New OT! Same as the old OT!

Also, I'd personally prefer for the FC name not to be tied to any forum, but that's just me.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'm interest in picking up this game again, but I haven't played since like a month after launch. I think I had a character reach level 30 or thereabouts. I don't remember anything I've done. How screwed am I story/character wise if I try to come back into the game now? Is it still possible for me to experience the story despite the game being two expansions in? Should I just start a new character?

I would just start a new character. Getting to lv 30 will not take long at all and you can redo the story you might have forgotten. (In fact join us in the FC on Ultros!) You're not screwed at all starting now. Keep in mind you have a loooot of story to go through if you do both expansions but from the end of ARR it's mostly great and definitely worth doing. You shouldn't have trouble finding people to do required duties with since roulettes funnel endgame players back into those duties.

Ashamoil

Oct 25, 2017
You're not screwed at all. The story is still all there and the low level dungeons are still being run due to the existence of levelling roullette. Basically, people who start the game from scratch from now would be starting from exactly the same point that you did, and (provided they don't buy the story/levelling skip) go through the original ARR and Heavensward content before getting to Stormblood. Still if you want a refresher on the story up to level 30, it won't take long to catch up to that point from a new character, but I don't think there's too much you're missing that you can't check by reviewing your journal in-game.

Last edited:

Silvard

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I would just start a new character. Getting to lv 30 will not take long at all and you can redo the story you might have forgotten. (In fact join us in the FC on Ultros!) You're not screwed at all starting now. Keep in mind you have a loooot of story to go through if you do both expansions but from the end of ARR it's mostly great and definitely worth doing. You shouldn't have trouble finding people to do required duties with since roulettes funnel endgame players back into those duties.

You're not screwed at all. The story is still all there and the low level dungeons are still being run due to the existence of levelling roullette. Basically, people who start the game from scratch from now would be starting from exactly the same point that you did, and (provided they don't buy the story/levelling skip) go through the original ARR and Heavensward content before getting to Stormblood. Still if you want a refresher on the story up to level 30, it won't take long to catch up to that point from a new character, but I don't think there's too much you're missing much that you can't check by reviewing your journal in-game.

I see. The only thing that gives me pause is that I think I redeemed some collector's items on my character, any idea if I could redeem those again on a new character?

Ashamoil

Oct 25, 2017
Just to add to the above, things like the old veteran rewards and collector's edition items are account-wide. The only character-specific stuff is optional items from the shop on Mog Station, and those are clearly marked as such (and you'll have to select the character you want to give it to).

Sheev

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played the game all that much but I'm planning on changing that soon! I've been subbed for a little bit now, so I'm going to try getting back into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.