• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 26, 2017
The Blue Mage is going to be really divisive. Solo content is cool for sure but I also want to go into into DF groups so I can show off my dapper outfit and cane combo.

Holding out all hope that Gunblade is actually a tank.

OhNoMelon

Oct 26, 2017
I'm pretty into what I'm seeing for Blue Mage. Looks like it'll be a fun little side thing to do which isn't something that would exactly hurt the game. I think it would have been neat to see how they would have handled Blue Mage within the more restrictive mechanics of FFXIV but I guess them not doing that at all is just as interesting.

edit: what really boggles my noggin though is when they were giving examples of other Jobs that would work better outside the confines of an MMORPG and they mention beast master. It's just a pet class with a whip...

Sandfox

Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty into what I'm seeing for Blue Mage. Looks like it'll be a fun little side thing to do which isn't something that would exactly hurt the game. I think it would have been neat to see how they would have handled Blue Mage within the more restrictive mechanics of FFXIV but I guess them not doing that at all is just as interesting.

edit: what really boggles my noggin though is when they were giving examples of other Jobs that would work better outside the confines of an MMORPG and they mention beast master. It's just a pet class with a whip...
For Beast Master they are probably thinking about taming any of the enemies you see on the map.

Kenai

Oct 26, 2017
I am not sure how to feel about BLU. My initial reaction is that I am glad they are mixing up gameplay to keep things fresh and remain faithful to the job, but am kinda understanding how the raid and PF restrictions might make anyone interested in it feel like a social outcast. It's going to be interesting how everything pans out, but at least we can say the dev team isn't playing safe with this expac

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Why is rock-paper-scissoring enemies in an arena interesting? It sounds completely pointless.

How hard would it have been to just make it a normal job that people can take into endgame and make their main? Give it a standard rotation of staff moves and mid-tier magic, and have players unlock monster moves through job quests. It doesn't need to be this difficult to make it a FFXIV class.

There's no rigid set of rules across every single FF with concern to blue mages, the only thing they're truly known for is having access to monster moves. Those could have been implemented any way they wanted it to be and balanced accordingly.

It's like everyone has this idea in their head that if they made Goblin Punch do 200 potency damage, space-time would collapse upon itself.

If someone had said a year ago "You know how everyone hates Eureka, well BLU should be that except by yourself."... you would have been mocked mercilessly for good reason, but here we are, finding ways to justify it.

Sure, it could have been another boring mage and the other side of this debate could have been whining instead but here we are. People that want a new class/whine every time someone says eureka can peace out until the expansion, it's ok.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Sure, it could have been another boring mage and the other side of this debate could have been whining instead but here we are. People that want a new class/whine every time someone says eureka can peace out until the expansion, it's ok.

lol, what is "the other side"? No one had ever said they wanted a gimmick class instead of a full-fledged one. There are no "sides" here.

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
lol, what is "the other side"? No one had ever said they wanted a gimmick class instead of a full-fledged one. There are no "sides" here.

I like the idea of new content with its own cycle within the patch, this is something to add to the usual content cycle of dungeons every patch, 8 man and 24 man raids alternating each patch, etc. So clearly, I'm the "other side"

You're looking for a new job, I was looking for new content. They fused both together and skewed towards content and I dig it.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Sibylus' Foolproof Plan to #FreeBlu :

1. Add a Job quest around about the time you're getting into Sastasha: learn 10 spells, of which at least 3 need to be nukes, 1 defensive buff, and 1 heal (assuming they include one).
  2. Surprise! That unlocks matchmaking. Now you're a full Job with the foundations of a good team player!
  3. SE can sleep in peace from the great Blu menace.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I like the idea of new content with its own cycle within the patch, this is something to add to the usual content cycle of dungeons every patch, 8 man and 24 man raids alternating each patch, etc. So clearly, I'm the "other side"

You're looking for a new job, I was looking for new content. They fused both together and skewed towards content and I dig it.

Yeah that sure looked like new content, re-fighting cactuars, malboros and Shiva. You have fun with that, buddy!

Oct 25, 2017
Sibylus' Foolproof Plan to #FreeBlu :

1. Add a Job quest around about the time you're getting into Sastasha: learn 10 spells, of which at least 3 need to be nukes, 1 defensive buff, and 1 heal (assuming they include one).
  2. Surprise! That unlocks matchmaking. Now you're a full Job with the foundations of a good team player!
  3. SE can sleep in peace from the great Blu menace.

I think it largely comes down to 'real' jobs needing to be limited and balanced. Practicality puts relatively harsh limits on the sorts of abilities a job can have access to; making BLU this weird hybrid thing they're going for removes that. BLU can have ridiculously imbalanced skills and it has no meaningful impact on any other job, so they just kind of get to cut loose and be as ridiculous as possible. It's going to be a weird fit lore-wise to have them never be capable of doing 'real' content, but it's their shot at giving players direct access to some of the ridiculous sorts of skills we get to see in job quests but never touch. And, since it's not a combat job, they can give it incredibly useless skills for specific gimmicky purposes without stressing button bloat.

I have no idea if this is going to pan out successfully, but there are things they can do with a gimmick job they can't with 'real' ones. And it's not like any of us were expecting a real job in 4.5 anyway, so worse case this blows up in their face and they start the behind-the-scenes work to nerf it to manageable and turn it into a 'real' job for people that will enjoy battle content more at some point in the 5.x cycle. Nothing of value is really lost long-term here--they're trying a thing, it'll be great or it'll suck but at least it's different, and there's nothing stopping them from making it a generic caster in the future if that's what it turns out the game community will really demand long-term.

The game doesn't lack for cookie cutter content and systems with FF painted on top; that Blue Mage is trying to step outside of it is super weird but I'm hoping it pans out to be more Deep Dungeon than Eureka in terms of their experiments.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Or, even simpler foolproof plan:

1. Invent some spells for a basic, minimally-effective instance experience by the time you start rolling into instances (like RDM)

Deleted member 2474

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think it largely comes down to 'real' jobs needing to be limited and balanced. Practicality puts relatively harsh limits on the sorts of abilities a job can have access to; making BLU this weird hybrid thing they're going for removes that. BLU can have ridiculously imbalanced skills and it has no meaningful impact on any other job, so they just kind of get to cut loose and be as ridiculous as possible. It's going to be a weird fit lore-wise to have them never be capable of doing 'real' content, but it's their shot at giving players direct access to some of the ridiculous sorts of skills we get to see in job quests but never touch. And, since it's not a combat job, they can give it incredibly useless skills for specific gimmicky purposes without stressing button bloat.

I have no idea if this is going to pan out successfully, but there are things they can do with a gimmick job they can't with 'real' ones. And it's not like any of us were expecting a real job in 4.5 anyway, so worse case this blows up in their face and they start the behind-the-scenes work to nerf it to manageable and turn it into a 'real' job for people that will enjoy battle content more at some point in the 5.x cycle. Nothing of value is really lost long-term here--they're trying a thing, it'll be great or it'll suck but at least it's different, and there's nothing stopping them from making it a generic caster in the future if that's what it turns out the game community will really demand long-term.

The game doesn't lack for cookie cutter content and systems with FF painted on top; that Blue Mage is trying to step outside of it is super weird but I'm hoping it pans out to be more Deep Dungeon than Eureka in terms of their experiments.

I don't really have anything else to say here other than this is a good post and what they're trying here is more interesting than just another caster DPS even if it means you can't use it in endgame

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Nah, we talked about the new content and you pissed on that too. Take a hike with your salt.

The arena in Ul'dah where you play an ability guessing game..?

If other people are expressing their disappointment with a feature and explain why, and your response is to act offended because you "wanted something different and this qualifies as different", no hikes will be taken, thanks.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017

I do like that they're swinging for the fences as it were with BLU, but I do feel like they're being too cautious and are mistaken in their belief that they'd have to compromise the soul of the Job to let it play all the content. Tune the daylights out of cloned BLU spells so that they don't break balance, add whatever custom, basic-ass spells are needed to make it functional no matter what else you equip, nudge players toward balanced, non-team screwing loadouts with the existing Job quest system, etc. I have high hopes for future updates.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
I mean, there's 49 spells from day one with more to come. Balancing BLU alone would take the work of multiple jobs

My problem is they didn't need to do that. I legit don't understand the mindset of "well what would happen if they used Bad Breath on a boss, it'd be game breaking!"

uh... make bosses immune to it?

mind_blown.gif

"What happens if I use 10,000 needles and it doesn't do exactly 10,000 damage!!!"

In FF6, 10,000 needles did 9999 damage.
In FF8, it does 100*GF Level damage.
In FF11, it divides damage amongst the party and is absorbed by stoneskin.
In FF13, it doesn't ignore defense so it's mitigated.

This idea that BLU is sacred and there's no other way to implement it is revisionist history.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
s-e has changed job systems multiple times, there's no reason to think blu won't get changed in the future to no longer be limited
i see the current situation as a testing phase

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC

My main thing is that I appreciate there being content made for someone like me. I've been restricted from raiding because I don't really like grouping outside of a group of friends, and even then. I've never really had a full group of people (which is fine!) and I don't like holding other people to my schedule. So I've almost never been able to experience raid content, nor do I really desire to.

Why shouldn't there be content for people like me, that's exclusive to people like me? I'm not saying it's 100% going to be great, but it's nice to see solo players get something special that isn't just lmao more raids!!!111

Alternatively, I'm really hoping that this is a test-bed to make jobs more build-based instead of what they currently are.

Also, this. It honestly feels like people are just upset because it's called Blue Mage and not the same exact system, just called something else. If it had a different name people who don't like it would just discard it for a side activity they aren't interested in.

Last edited:

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
I was cautiously excited for BLU, was okay with the limitation because I don't see myself main BLU even if it's available with endgame content. Although I was disappointed that you can't do Deep Dungeon with BLU but I think that makes sense due to the challenge nature of Deep Dungeon.

Then I just realized even at 4.5 I can try to run BCoB in undersized unmatched party as BLU, and later when they patch to level 60/70 maybe I can even farm Alex/Omega solo for glam when it's hard to find a PF for old content if BLU really do have the broken skills not intended for current endgame.

I am starting to see the intention and the possibilities of the limited jobs now. Yeah, it sucks for those who wanted a BLU as a main but man I am back to being hyped with this concept.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I'll definitely give BLU a try - might as well since I've unlocked all the others and it sounds potentially interesting. Enemy Skills is something I have always underutilised in the games it has featured in though, so I don't really know what to expect from it.

edit: reading more about the LL/blue mage on reddit, I saw someone linked an old (2014) live letter where this comment was made:
Q: I love the blue mage job that appears in the FINAL FANTASY series. Will the blue mage job ever be implemented in FFXIV?

A: I think that blue mage is an interesting job because you can learn spells from enemies, but honestly I don't think that it really fits MMORPG party settings. If anything, I think it would work solo and it would be really fun to implement it as a job where you go around and learn abilities from every monster, so I'd definitely like to try and do this, but I'm concerned when it comes to playing in a party players would put up barriers if you haven't learned certain abilities. Additionally, in the event you are able to use abilities forever once you learn them, the difficulty of learning abilities would be high, and we wouldn't be able to balance the system so it wouldn't revolve around procuring your abilities instead of equipment. This wouldn't be practical enough to fit in an MMORPG party setting and conversely if you are swapping in only certain abilities you've learned, the true image of a blue mage would diminish, so this is something that I am concerned with.

Do you think they've been working on something like this for that long?

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
New datacenter split.

8iAbINb.png

I'm sure they have their rationale for this, but honestly this list bums me out a bit, and I'm not even part of any statics. I play on a server on Aether, and made some acquaintances on places like Balmung and Mateus over the past year and change of playing. I still know the most amount of people on my primary server, so I'm not sure I'd actually switch to the new 'Crystal' data center, but kind of a let down knowing once the new data center goes up I probably won't be able to play with people on those servers anymore (at least not without an Alt, but I don't really have much interest in leveling a brand new character). Makes me wish the whole data center restrictions were gone, or at the very least, the servers were capable of letting us play with anyone in a server of the same region (NA, EU, Japan). Adding a third NA data center just feels more restrictive, as it's yet another group of players in a Data Center I can't directly play with.

Last edited:

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The arena in Ul'dah where you play an ability guessing game..?

If other people are expressing their disappointment with a feature and explain why, and your response is to act offended because you "wanted something different and this qualifies as different", no hikes will be taken, thanks.

Nah man, you're always here to shit on new content because that's the life you live. You set up your own strawman in terms of what the carnival is. I highly doubt it's "have ability and press it to win." Don't give me non sense about giving an explanation when you are literally talking out of your ass.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
Nah man, you're always here to shit on new content because that's the life you live. You set up your own strawman in terms of what the carnival is. I highly doubt it's "have ability and press it to win." Don't give me non sense about giving an explanation when you are literally talking out of your ass.
I mean, raiding is basically "have ability and press it to win". Dodging, healing, and doing mechanics? That's for total chumps. Press button, win. As far as the other dude's explanation is concerned, raids are also just guessing games until you read a guide about the mechanics.

I see the Carnivale having abilities that are more useful based on the enemy comp you're facing, but you'll still be completing mechanics. Maybe you'll have to use a strong defensive ability to withstand an attack, or a healing one to heal up after something takes you to 1 HP. Saying it's just rock-paper-scissors just makes someone sound stupid, really.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017

I have nothing bad to say about the other stuff they announced. I think it all looks great. Nine dungeons seems like they might be returning to 3 per patch. I was literally just discussing and defending the merging of TP and MP on the other page.

Your obsession with my posts is creepy. It's not always going to be shitting rainbows and Lego Movie "everything is awesome" commentary.

Just put me on ignore if you're that upsetti spaghetti, it isn't like I'd be losing out on well-thought out rebuttals, it's just kneejerk "waaah all you do is complain waaah leave the thread".

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Blue Mage might be the midcore content people have been wanting... but solo.

Am I the only one who thinks group Blue Mage content in this place might be interesting? Sure have those solo fights, but also have fights that are meant to be tackled with a group of BLUs. I think that would be fun in addition to the solo stuff.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really sad that I can't play with my Faerie friends when the new DC drops, I was excited for the World Visit to see them again after almost of year after switching servers, but now... :(

Also will this make queue times longer with each DC having less servers overall?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I'm really sad that I can't play with my Faerie friends when the new DC drops, I was excited for the World Visit to see them again after almost of year after switching servers, but now... :(

Also will this make queue times longer with each DC having less servers overall?
Probably not on queues, because any server with too much queues people who don't care will switch to a lesser populated server temporarily, and it'll even up the populations on every server, which should reduce the queues on the higher populated servers and not create queues/create minor queues on lesser pop ones.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure how I feel about the Blue Mage. On one hand, it is a fresh idea and new take on content. On the other, I fear it may not ever see any use in end game content, and may remain relegated to solo play, which is kinda baffling, as the game is a multiplayer one.

I really don't know what to think. I guess it will be best to wait for it to be added, and then test it.

Also, kinda seeing miles away issues that may rise in FATEs and other accessible by all contents if the skills are that imbalanced (unless Blue won't be able to do FATEs?).

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I think in the future they might make BLU playable normally. Maybe not early in 5.0 though, I'm thinking 5.5 probably the earliest. They could for example give you a quest for an "Adventurer Certifcate" from the Blue Magic guild or whatever, that requires you have x skills, and you would be restricted to these skills only when doing current contet/roulettes/DF. They'd be curated skills to get a full set/rotation and become a "generic XIV BLU" kind of thing, probably even with a lower powered version to fit the standard balance. So you can queue for group content with your standardized BLU once you have learned all the right skills, or you can play solo with all your skills and mix and match how you want to stomp on older content. Maybe slap some shitty lore reason for it(using the full power of your BLU magic can potentially hurt other people/make monsters stronger/whatever).

But I definitely don't expect them to do that until 6.0(or 5.5 when 6.0 work is already well underway), since it'd amount to something like a class rework.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Blue Mage might be the midcore content people have been wanting... but solo.

Am I the only one who thinks group Blue Mage content in this place might be interesting? Sure have those solo fights, but also have fights that are meant to be tackled with a group of BLUs. I think that would be fun in addition to the solo stuff.
I want a blue mage only eureka with ridiculously cheap trash mobs littered all over the place that require your party to use a wide gamut of BLU skills for traversal and to defeat them.

Give me Ultimate Pyros!
Probably not on queues, because any server with too much queues people who don't care will switch to a lesser populated server temporarily, and it'll even up the populations on every server, which should reduce the queues on the higher populated servers and not create queues/create minor queues on lesser pop ones.
i think theyre talking about DF queues which are data center wide. Less people in the DC means less people in the DF pool and possibly longer queues.

These numbers are gathered from achievements so take them with a huge grain of salt, but the reshuffle will affect Aether's DF pool more than Primals:

fuENE8D.png

The current pool is ~150k on Aether and ~130k on Primal. New pool will be ~105k Aether, ~100k Primal, ~90k Crystal.
I'm not sure how I feel about the Blue Mage. On one hand, it is a fresh idea and new take on content. On the other, I fear it may not ever see any use in end game content, and may remain relegated to solo play, which is kinda baffling, as the game is a multiplayer one.

I really don't know what to think. I guess it will be best to wait for it to be added, and then test it.

Also, kinda seeing miles away issues that may rise in FATEs and other accessible by all contents if the skills are that imbalanced (unless Blue won't be able to do FATEs?).
BLU's can do fates, but I don't think it'll be an issue cause of the lv cap. The fates are dead in the old zones, BLU's will breathe new life to the fates there (for a short while). The expansion zone fates will all be lv 70+ so as long as BLU has a lower cap they won't get anything from doing them. XP from them will be garbage cause they're outside the recommended lv for them and the mobs won't grant them new skills until they're added/lv cap is raised.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
What I mean is:

Queues are already DC wide, but the raiding scene on Crystal is gonna be absolute shit.

Even though SE is doing this to even out the userbase population, they are not equal in the endgame scene. Aether is going to be the raiding powerhouse and Crystal is gonna be the RP universe. Because I am being forced onto Crystal, I'm going to be given worse queue times and statistically less good players against my will, when before I had a better chance at pugging a fight. No anymore. My queue times are going to increase, and it's not fair. Unless all new players are defaulted onto Crystal, it's gonna see mass transfers off.

100k less people from Aether = 100k less people potentially running content.

bffXv7n.png

Crystal DC is gonna have a rough time.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1GUaKtwmhkpC9JNT60yqKK7TmRjRSm6_MA0aXKW2EtgM/edit#gid=0

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Oh yeah my bad I thought you meant login queues like when 5.0 releases. That does sound bad.

I'll have to look into it myself a little bit, I transferred back in 4.0 launch to the EU DC on a new server for no Raubahn Extreme and better ping, I'm not too sure how the EU DCs are split. Since I don't have any attachment to my server though I can just transfer out for free whenever they do that. Our EU DCs are going to be much smaller however, wonder what kind of impact it'll have.

I'm also not a fan of having marketboards being "shared", without actually being shared.

I think they should merge them if they're gonna let people buy stuff anywhere, so we don't have to rely on the inevitable 3rd party website which will track prices across servers and switch servers to buy stuff low. I'd be fine with either markets being still server based(no selling or buying on another server), or just merging it all into one big market and let people deal with it this way. Might be some technical limitations though but without being able to sell everywhere, you'll still have to check the prices on other servers to price your stuff properly, which sounds like a pain in the ass.

I'm sure it won't matter for smaller items since the inconvenience of having to go change worlds just to buy 10 potions of dex is probably not worth the lower price, on shit like new armor/crafting gear/mounts/hairstyle and all the stuff that's expensive, it'll be worth moving to a different server to save 2+millions or whatever.

Broward

Oct 26, 2017
A buddy made this pic to show how poorly Crystal will fare for raiders, consider the fact these numbers are before a large number of players plan to jump ship to Aether/Primal from Crystal bound servers. Given that even raiders on Balmung are considering moving to Aether, Crystal is going to have very few skilled raiders left relative to the other NA data centers. Personally I am on Goblin, and my fc and static are going to be moving to an Aether based server. I have a beautiful house that a friend designed that would be almost irreplaceable for me that would be a big loss to accept. I wish they could let you save housing templates, that would make this a lot easier to swallow. Confirming more wards would be a benefit of this data center sharding would have made the blow easier to accept as well, Ishgardian housing isn't enough for some of these servers.

4725c29f08.png

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
It's such a low blow. And I have too much investment on my current server to even consider moving so I'm gonna have to deal with it ughhh And I have to give up my cross-server linkshell with my friends from Cactuar and Faerie. :(

Eldren

Oct 26, 2017
This is a pretty interesting chart from that same person:

DsQN4xWW0AYdlKH.jpg

Supposedly Chaos will be the more raid-focused DC due to Ragnarok and Cerberus. I'm still so torn over this. My FC mates and I have friends and static members on Lich and Odin but we also have some amazing houses on Cerberus and I've made friends here. By splitting the DC in two the DF and PF will take a real hit.

(Also shout out to the tiny populations of Femroes and my fellow Femelezen, represent!)

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
With the DC split, I'm worried about Frontline and Rival Wings queues. Unless a big influx of new players enters the game with the expansion, I feel the PvP queues will be worse than what they already are. Frontline is quite active with a lot of 72-man matches whenever a 4.x patch is released but when a new Eureka zone is added, the PvP queues almost completely dies, at least on Chaos DC. There aren't enough people to support both types of content at the same time.

Callibretto

Oct 25, 2017
Indonesia
As someone who right now is only focusing on finishing ARR, should I do anything with retainer or auction house? Feels like my progress have been very linear right now. As long as I do story quest and sidequest around that region, my level and equipment seems to move along nicely with the main story requirement. I haven't bought or sell any item/equipment for a long time.

I also haven't done anything about attaching materia to equipment. I'll probably have to read about materia since I don't remember since doing the mission tutorial a long time ago.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
As someone who right now is only focusing on finishing ARR, should I do anything with retainer or auction house? Feels like my progress have been very linear right now. As long as I do story quest and sidequest around that region, my level and equipment seems to move along nicely with the main story requirement. I haven't bought or sell any item/equipment for a long time.

I also haven't done anything about attaching materia to equipment. I'll probably have to read about materia since I don't remember since doing the mission tutorial a long time ago.
You don't need materias until 70 gear, it's a waste of money before that.

You don't need to buy anything on the AH/MB before 70 if you don't want to either, some people might spend money on cosmetics/dyes or whatever but gear wise you should be provided with all the gear you need while leveling. When you do the 2.1+ and 3.1+ quests, you'll get poetics to buy gear with in Mor Dhona/Idylshire that should set you up for the next expansion ilvl bump nicely and while technicaly you can replace that gear as you level up, it can last you until the next cap if you don't find anything better fine. And once you reach 70 you do your last class quest and get a full set of gear to get started with.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I've been growing tired of WoW and was thinking about going back to XIV after dropping it near the end of Heavensward. The problem I had with the game was that it was too grindy, even for the crafting and gathering parts, and it had the boring and ancient system of running a daily boring dungeon for currency.

I enjoyed the hard FATE encounters though (not that boring alexander raid), although by the time the Knights of the roudn came out I think the difficulty went a bit too far for pugging.

Is it still the same? Is the story worth it? I enjoyed some parts of heavensward and the last patch of ARR, but overall the dialogue was very slow and boring. Are the new classes fun?

If you didn't enjoy Heavensward, it's always going to be more of the same from now.

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
So what I'm getting is that Aether is likely going to continue being the problem child DC and literally nothing they do will ever fix the problem.

;)

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have a question for crafters...

For a while I've really wanted the Chromite Armor of Fending for glam. However, every time it goes up on the marketboard (which isn't often), it's always at a crazy place, like 3 mil or more. Anyways, I checked the price on all the mats and it's not nearly that expensive totaled, of course. So I'm thinking of buying the mats and asking someone in my FC if they can craft it. (or someone here, I guess, I'm on Ultros)
My basic question was, what's the general tip expected for such a service? I don't want to be rude.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I haven't been playing for a while, but I jumped back on today and did my Eureka Challenge Log for the week, which got me to EL29.
I hate Pagos with passion because of the map layout, but I'm curious - how is the new part of Eureka?

Status
Not open for further replies.