• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ebi

Oct 25, 2017
Have a question for crafters...

For a while I've really wanted the Chromite Armor of Fending for glam. However, every time it goes up on the marketboard (which isn't often), it's always at a crazy place, like 3 mil or more. Anyways, I checked the price on all the mats and it's not nearly that expensive totaled, of course. So I'm thinking of buying the mats and asking someone in my FC if they can craft it. (or someone here, I guess, I'm on Ultros)
My basic question was, what's the general tip expected for such a service? I don't want to be rude.
At this point this is extremely easy to craft and I'd personally do it for free for someone I know - just ask them how much they think is a fair tip? (also sorry, I'm not on Ultros otherwise I'd be happy to make this for you)

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
At this point this is extremely easy to craft and I'd personally do it for free for someone I know - just ask them how much they think is a fair tip? (also sorry, I'm not on Ultros otherwise I'd be happy to make this for you)
Thanks for the info, bought to mats and I'll look for someone now.

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know why the game seems to cut off the bottom of the screen when in borderless windowed mode in 720p? It's the only resolution that gets cut off, everything else just gets boxed in.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Have a question for crafters...

For a while I've really wanted the Chromite Armor of Fending for glam. However, every time it goes up on the marketboard (which isn't often), it's always at a crazy place, like 3 mil or more. Anyways, I checked the price on all the mats and it's not nearly that expensive totaled, of course. So I'm thinking of buying the mats and asking someone in my FC if they can craft it. (or someone here, I guess, I'm on Ultros)
My basic question was, what's the general tip expected for such a service? I don't want to be rude.
The expensive ones you might be seeing are the 5 materia slot ones from Chloe diary thing maybe? They're Ornate Chromite Armor of Fending and they're expensive because they're rarer, even though they're garbage now, I'd assume. Or maybe people just scalping because no one wants to bother making old armor that might take 2weeks to sell. Should be easy to find a crafter for it.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been playing for a while, but I jumped back on today and did my Eureka Challenge Log for the week, which got me to EL29.
I hate Pagos with passion because of the map layout, but I'm curious - how is the new part of Eureka?
Map layout is much better in Pyros, 6 lvs in and you have access to all the aetherytes. The Pyros version of the Pagos dragon corridor is also easier, the mobs are lv 45 and there's a lv 39 aetheryte in the middle of it so once you hit that level you can just follow the teleport train coming out of the atheryte and run with the group to the nm instead of praying you can make it on time.

pyros.png

XP payoff is also good from the get go on both trash and NMs.

NMs spawn frequently and are clustered together depending on their lv. You likely won't be making it in time to the top half NMs till you're at least lv 39, but it's not a big deal cause there's quite a few in the bottom half of the map and they spawn fast enough where you don't get frustrated that all the NMs are out of reach.

You can skip chaining now if you're bored of that too. The bunny fate gives a decent chunk of xp and sometimes a logos crystal if you get a chest. If you're tired of chaining you can just pop into the bunny fate -> find chest if no NM -> NM -> repeat. It gives decent xp even when you're into your 40s.

Best of all is the logos actions. You can pick a defense buff to make it easier to move around, reflect for some solo play against magic mobs, attack buffs to kill stuff faster, etc... It's a really neat concept that finally gives you some customization you can edit to fit your play style. I really think that if Anemos had launched with them a lot less people would hate eureka and I'm excited for BLU because of it.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed last night that the game on PS4 now uses the console OS to download and install patches. Before, players would need to use the game's launcher to download patches. When was this changed? How has it affected the download bug whereby patches stop downloading (the one that can be fixed by assigning a fixed Japanese DNS address to the PS4)?

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Eureka experts! I think I just hit lv 23. Only been in Anemos so far and was wondering when I should start Pagos and what I should focus on there?

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I just noticed last night that the game on PS4 now uses the console OS to download and install patches. Before, players would need to use the game's launcher to download patches. When was this changed? How has it affected the download bug whereby patches stop downloading (the one that can be fixed by assigning a fixed Japanese DNS address to the PS4)?
It was either this patch or the one right before. I have no clue if it has affected the bug.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
What's the ilvl for weapon and armor in Pyros? 380?

Trying to debate whether to go through another cycle of Eureka when I got a lot of the i380 stuff from Alphascape and Genesis tomestones. Kind of want that new hairstyle that drops, but imagine it's another big RNG grind.

bread

Nov 17, 2018
I'm currently on Zalera so I'm going to wait until free World Transfer to move to Ultros and join the Era FC, if there is a discord can anyone send me a PM with an invite link? Would be nice to chat for the next few months until I can jump in on activities.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017

Trying to debate whether to go through another cycle of Eureka when I got a lot of the i380 stuff from Alphascape and Genesis tomestones. Kind of want that new hairstyle that drops, but imagine it's another big RNG grind.
the rare drops seem more common in Pyros than they did in pagoa

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017

Weapons are 385. Hair drop isn't so rare, you can get them from bunny chests and bunny fates come by like every 10 minutes as everyone is doing them.

IvorB

Oct 28, 2017
It says you can party up for instanced duties but can't use duty finder.

So I guess you can't do random matchmaking but can make a party and do stuff on your own or with a party you have personally gathered.

Also this carnival now that they're explaining it does sound interesting.

Pretty much a coliseum type setup where the enemies have elemental weaknesses that you have to discover and exploit to win.

That sounds interesting to me now now that I'm getting over the initial disappointment of it not being a normal job.

Now all they need to do is add a team mode where you have a group of Blue Mages taking on difficult challenges in this carnival thing.

I think that would be really cool trying to figure out weaknesses with a team.

Hmmm... I'm actually liking the sound of this. It could be fun.

Why is rock-paper-scissoring enemies in an arena interesting? It sounds completely pointless.

How hard would it have been to just make it a normal job that people can take into endgame and make their main? Give it a standard rotation of staff moves and mid-tier magic, and have players unlock monster moves through job quests. It doesn't need to be this difficult to make it a FFXIV class.

There's no rigid set of rules across every single FF with concern to blue mages, the only thing they're truly known for is having access to monster moves. Those could have been implemented any way they wanted it to be and balanced accordingly.

It's like everyone has this idea in their head that if they made Goblin Punch do 200 potency damage, space-time would collapse upon itself.

If someone had said a year ago "You know how everyone hates Eureka, well BLU should be that except by yourself."... you would have been mocked mercilessly for good reason, but here we are, finding ways to justify it.

I'm not gonna hate if they're trying new things. Honestly, I value fresh, new content more than another regular job right now. There's plenty jobs I haven't leveled yet if I want that. I will admit I would have preferred that, after the whole strange leveling thing, it became a proper job eventually but if you can take it into party finder that's cool.

I'm looking forward to checking it out. The idea of leveling from level 1 sounds rad to me.

Last edited:

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
As someone who want's to get into the game but has friends who doesn't care for MMO's, is this a fun game to play solo?

Doc Kelso

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
As someone who want's to get into the game but has friends who doesn't care for MMO's, is this a fun game to play solo?
Sure. It has mandatory grouping but 9/10 times the other players may as well be NPCs. You hit a button, you eventually get matchmade into a group, and then you do the dungeon in silence. In the next expansion it sounds like they're going to be implementing a system that lets you solo all of the main story content without having to group up at all.

Edward

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 30, 2017
Sure. It has mandatory grouping but 9/10 times the other players may as well be NPCs. You hit a button, you eventually get matchmade into a group, and then you do the dungeon in silence. In the next expansion it sounds like they're going to be implementing a system that lets you solo all of the main story content without having to group up at all.
Cool, i'll try it solo and see how it feels. Didn't much care for the new WOW expansion especially content wise and i want to try something different since i have pretty much only been playing ESO/WOW for years.

scy

Oct 25, 2017
Late to the reveal stuff but I'll say that most of basic Shadowbringers content-wise seems mostly the same; not unexpected from the first reveal trailer and there's still a lot of time for them to reveal whatever they have planned to try and shake things up so my mentioning it is mostly a moot point. Negativity(?) out of the way, Blue Mage looks interesting? Conceptually it gives a lot of room for them to just break the mold with skills and it has a lot of room to just become the de facto job for all sorts of hilarious solo adventures, though the lack of Deep Dungeon access personally makes me a little sad for that solo thing. I imagine hunts will become a giant clusterfuck from their involvement, whenever they catch up level wise with content anyway, but I suppose that never really truly enters the equation of concern outside of "oops we need to make more hunt mobs."

So far just holding out for more information / teasing of basically all the non-basic expansion things.

Well it's simultaneously the worst thing to ever happen to FFXIV and also the best thing ever. /s

More or less. I'm a little sad at having to give up the pipe dream of Blue Mage tanking and I'm loathe for the possibility of this basically just being "Pyros but now outdoors" but I'm very happy that they're trying something out? At worst it's a glorified gotta catch 'em all grind as filler content, at best it's at least the start of potentially interesting solo content. The problem is having to have hope that they'll do interesting things with the class design and I question their ability to do that but the above mentioned freedom may let them just have fun with it as balance be damned when it comes to old content (ESPECIALLY old content when solo only). I'm sad we have no Ultimate for that patch cycle but at least it's actually a new idea to fill it so I'll give them some leeway on it. Cautiously optimistic but it's so far a pretty nice selling point to 4.5. Besides the whole server stuff changes that thankfully isn't fucking over my group, anyway.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Map layout is much better in Pyros, 6 lvs in and you have access to all the aetherytes. The Pyros version of the Pagos dragon corridor is also easier, the mobs are lv 45 and there's a lv 39 aetheryte in the middle of it so once you hit that level you can just follow the teleport train coming out of the atheryte and run with the group to the nm instead of praying you can make it on time.

pyros.png

XP payoff is also good from the get go on both trash and NMs.

NMs spawn frequently and are clustered together depending on their lv. You likely won't be making it in time to the top half NMs till you're at least lv 39, but it's not a big deal cause there's quite a few in the bottom half of the map and they spawn fast enough where you don't get frustrated that all the NMs are out of reach.

You can skip chaining now if you're bored of that too. The bunny fate gives a decent chunk of xp and sometimes a logos crystal if you get a chest. If you're tired of chaining you can just pop into the bunny fate -> find chest if no NM -> NM -> repeat. It gives decent xp even when you're into your 40s.

Best of all is the logos actions. You can pick a defense buff to make it easier to move around, reflect for some solo play against magic mobs, attack buffs to kill stuff faster, etc... It's a really neat concept that finally gives you some customization you can edit to fit your play style. I really think that if Anemos had launched with them a lot less people would hate eureka and I'm excited for BLU because of it.
Thank you! Definitely sounds much more appealing than Pagos. Now I'm kind of excited to power through Pagos and get to Pyros.

Mature

Oct 25, 2017
Well I am proper excited with all the stuff shown on Friday/Saturday!

Can't wait to see new Ivalice Raid *Balthier and Fran might even show up*

Looking forward to play solo as a Blue Mage!

New primal! And finally the last 2 dogs!

The MQS gonna be interesting!

And of course can't wait to see the new race!!

I have to say they certainly delivered this weekend! Plus I'm happy that patch is not up til probably the 8th of January which seems very likely looking at "early January"

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I feel every time I enter a new Eureka map it just seems overwhelming. The map is large, the NM's are far away, and every enemy on the map seems poised to one or two shot you, to the point I'm shouting for a "rez plz" in chat every 5 minutes (or at least it seems like that). But once I get some idea of how the map is set up, things slowly start to fall in from there.

Pyros leveling definitely feels faster compared to Anemos and Pagos. I mean it's still Eureka and it's still seems like a decent grind to get through it all, but the NM's here reward a pretty decent chunk of XP, and they seem to spawn relatively fast (though I guess this depends on the instance). Just started playing today and about to hit 41 for that last Aetheryte. It's definitely nice you don't have to wait as long to get all the Aetherytes unlocked. Though I still wish you didn't have to wait till you hit the level cap to get mounts unlocked.

Last edited:

Rikalaus

Oct 30, 2017

Never had that bug, but is this new way of patch installs a lot slower that before for anyone else?

Deleted member 5596

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I came back after a year and I feel like I have to relearn the game... Again, the same happened when I came back for Storm blood lol

It makes me ansious to queue to tank even low level dungeons. It will came back to me naturally, but the first times will be ackward to be sure.

ebi

Oct 25, 2017
If nothing else, I'm going to have fun partying with my husband as a BLU duo trying to re-live the old days of farming spells and laughing at each other for being unlucky with their acquisition in FF11. We're actually pretty excited at the prospect.

I really do hope the job eventually catches up to the rest level wise because this has a lot of potential for undersizing stuff in silly new ways and outside of raiding that's the kind of content that appeals to us.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Did they mention if blue mage can do duties with the gc squadron? If they can that would save blue mage for me i honestly don't care if they cant use df but allowing them to do squadron command mission would take alot of the hassle out of doing dungeons with them.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
When was this changed?

A few weeks before 4.4.

Never had that bug, but is this new way of patch installs a lot slower that before for anyone else?

The data copying process can take quite some time depending on how big the patch is. 4.4 took some time. 4.45 were a lot quicker.

The 5.0 patch will probably take quite a few hours but they will most likely release the patch as soon as the server maintenance starts. By the time the maintenance is over, the patch is installed and ready.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Blue Mage thread on reddit has 2000 replies.

Not hard to see why considering how divisive the topic is.

I just hope that adding Blue Mage doesn't mean that we only get 1 new regular job for the expansion.

If Ultimate fights and Limited Jobs like Blue Mage were the result of only having 1 dungeon each odd-numbered patch, then I would say: "Yes, more please.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Did they mention if blue mage can do duties with the gc squadron? If they can that would save blue mage for me i honestly don't care if they cant use df but allowing them to do squadron command mission would take alot of the hassle out of doing dungeons with them.
They're specifically blocking BLU's from matchmaking with randoms, squadrons should be available to them since it's just you and npcs.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I just hope that adding Blue Mage doesn't mean that we only get 1 new regular job for the expansion.

If Ultimate fights and Limited Jobs like Blue Mage were the result of only having 1 dungeon each odd-numbered patch, then I would say: "Yes, more please.
They said multiple jobs, besides BLU. Which probably means 2, Gunblade job + another. Gunblade reveal at fanfest 2 and T shirt tease for 3rd fanfest. People are mostly saying Dancer since it was in the leak and all but we'll see.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
That FFVII motorcycle looks so sick, but is it really $20! Is there no way to get it besides buying it through the Mog Station?

I havent played since I finished the Stormblood MSQ, have they added more story content since then? Debating on re-subbing now, or waiting for the next expansion.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
That FFVII motorcycle looks so sick, but is it really $20! Is there no way to get it besides buying it through the Mog Station?

I havent played since I finished the Stormblood MSQ, have they added more story content since then? Debating on re-subbing now, or waiting for the next expansion.

There's been 4 patches worth of MSQ, with the last batch before Shadowbringers coming in January and March.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

No other way, it's fanfest/mogstation exclusive.

We're at 4.4 right now with 4.5 in January and March. They've wrapped up the loose end from stormblood ending and have started the arc for the expansion.

I think there's a free welcome back campaign going on right now, so you can just pop in for 4 days without paying.

Status
Not open for further replies.