• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
really lol

this pleases me

IquIoC8.jpg

Optinator

Oct 27, 2017
really lol

this pleases me

also a question for anyone here... the stats like strength, Dexterity, etc... I am level 12 right now but I was wondering if we can manually add them via a point system or if they automatically just stack up and improve on their own

for the best of me I can't remember what I did with my rogue class long ago
Manually increasing stats in your character sheet used to be a thing, but it's been out since Stormblood's launch (I think). Now there's no such character/class customization other than manually enabling role actions (you can equip them all now).

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
also a question for anyone here... the stats like strength, Dexterity, etc... I am level 12 right now but I was wondering if we can manually add them via a point system or if they automatically just stack up and improve on their own

for the best of me I can't remember what I did with my rogue class long ago
That's not something you have to worry about anymore. As you level you naturally gain stats that are relevant to your class/job. The most you have to worry about is melding on additional stats with materia, but that's honestly not something you should bother with until max level.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017

thanks
Manually increasing stats in your character sheet used to be a thing, but it's been out since Stormblood's launch (I think). Now there's no such character/class customization other than manually enabling role actions (you can equip them all now).

That's not something you have to worry about anymore. As you level you naturally gain stats that are relevant to your class/job. The most you have to worry about is melding on additional stats with materia, but that's honestly not something you should bother with until max level.
whoa things changed

I feel like an old man now lol

thank you guys

Optinator

Oct 27, 2017
Melding while leveling secondary jobs is actually pretty fun now since you can retrieve materia grade 4 and lower with a 100% chance, if you have the gil of course. I've had a lot of fun doing this with Warrior and Black Mage, since they benefit from skill/spell speed even at lower levels.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Melding while leveling secondary jobs is actually pretty fun now since you can retrieve materia grade 4 and lower with a 100% chance, if you have the gil of course. I've had a lot of fun doing this with Warrior and Black Mage, since they benefit from skill/spell speed even at lower levels.
Might give it a shot for the last couple combat jobs I have left. I have so many grade V's lying around from Eureka lockboxes I've just been using them as Doman Enclave donation fodder or putting them on the MB in bulk.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
gambling materia Vs into possible crafting/gathering VIs gain you so much profit that it's generally a good idea to do so

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
really lol

this pleases me... thanks for the info

also a question for anyone here... the stats like strength, Dexterity, etc... I am level 12 right now but I was wondering if we can manually add them via a point system when we level up or if they automatically just stack up and improve on their own without our say

for the best of me I can't remember what I did with my rogue class long ago, but right now I also can't find a menu that has this toggle feature too like some other MMOs

I am guessing this stats system exists since each class specializes in particular stats being higher then others (beyond what you wear)
You're hella late (again). A stat distribution system existed at one point, but it has been discarded a long time ago. Now it improves automatically.
You don't have to pay attention to your stats until you reach max level. Only then you will need to determine which secondary stat is the most important to increase depending on your job.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Extremely static and punishing rotation with arguably the worst feeling skills in the entire game - Rapid Fire, Flamethrower, Wildfire. Job is a design mess that just constantly makes you wish you were playing BRD instead.
I figured that was it and I rarely get to use those in HoH because fights are so short. But Yoshi-P did say MCH is one of the jobs they looking into the most for Shadowbringer if I rememeber? Will get it to 70 and then see what happens!

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Every job is probably going to end up with some sort of rework. If FFXIV continues its regular pattern we're going to end up 5 new abilities/traits which at worst will be useless, be essentially a buff to a spell your currently use (e.g. Stone 3 -> Stone 4), a trait that reworks how your job functions, or a new button to press to deal more damage.

Just assume your job won't be entirely the same in 5 months.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
All I ask is that they don't ruin Bard. They finally nailed that job after it being okay at best during ARR and bad during HW.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I really hope that they don't ruin Summoner. I already rage-quit my previous main job (Bard in 2.0) in Heavensward, I really don't want to go through that again.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
Also interested by the FFXIV ResetEra discord if there is one, only to chat since I guess I won't be able to play with any of you (I'm on the Chaos data center, ie. Europe).

I'm on Shiva (Moving from Chaos to Light I think) so I guess a Discord wouldn't be a total waste.

All I ask is that they don't ruin Bard. They finally nailed that job after it being okay at best during ARR and bad during HW.

Honestly, ARR BRD was so brain dead I quite like the HW BRD because it meant I had to plan movement a bit more. I do like SB bard though. I'm more curious about what they'll do with MCH because it feels a little worse for wear gameplay wise. I really don't like the heat mechanic.

Rosur

Oct 28, 2017
Just started playing again hoping to my gladiator to max level (currently 25) for shadowbringers (want to do that Nier raid). On Louisoix (EU). Maybe I'll switch to gunblade once I get 60 (unless I need max level first).

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
I actually switched from SMN main to BRD main during HW for static purposes. My static fell apart, but I kept maining BRD.

SB smn is trash... I can't get into it now. My entire rotation that I learned in HW is shot and my muscle memory is gone.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
So it appears you need the Eureka exclusive gear to even stand a chance in the Public Dungeon. The gear that has the so called Eureka Effect.

Hydatos has the body piece but you can also get a waist, head and ear piece in Pagos. Speed Belt, Optical Hat and Cassie Earring.

In short, time to do the Pagos Bunny FATEs.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
DRG is a lot more fun to play coming back after a year and seeing I have all the role actions available at once. I feel more useful than just hitting stuff now that I have free roam to goad people or unbind them or feint the boss before a buster.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
You're hella late (again). A stat distribution system existed at one point, but it has been discarded a long time ago. Now it improves automatically.
You don't have to pay attention to your stats until you reach max level. Only then you will need to determine which secondary stat is the most important to increase depending on your job.
thanks
lol tons of things changed

I mean back then it was even harder to go from a job or even two jobs to a class compared to now which is more easy and streamlined.
A bunch of changes for the better and thanks to that I now don't need to worry so much.

Last edited:

Dougieflesh

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Milky Way Ghetto
I hope they fix the clunkiness of Ten-Chi-Jin for Ninja. Also, they need potency buffs across the board. As it stands, they finish at the bottom of almost every raid fight (out of the dps) this expansion.

fr0st

Oct 28, 2017
PLD just needs to have an AoE to use after requiescat and make shield/sword oath and oGCD.

Maybe make sentinel and tempered will 120sec CD instead of the God awful 180.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
So it appears you need the Eureka exclusive gear to even stand a chance in the Public Dungeon. The gear that has the so called Eureka Effect.

Hydatos has the body piece but you can also get a waist, head and ear piece in Pagos. Speed Belt, Optical Hat and Cassie Earring.

Seriously? The items are so expensive on my server. Like 40 million + Has anyone killed it yet?

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
it's too bad that with all the tweaks and changes they never made it so that you can save outfits as cosmetic appearances so once you get a better armour, etc... it wouldn't change your outer appearance

like DC Universe Online

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think this is true at all, although it may help. A JP group today is starting to figure out ways to seal AV's abilities. This includes doing fates outside.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I don't think this is true at all, although it may help. A JP group today is starting to figure out ways to seal AV's abilities. This includes doing fates outside.
I assume it'll still be balanced around the full armor, just not the right side crap that's super rare, but the armor is pretty easy to get comparatively and give quite a lot of elemental power. But yeah it's definitely going to be shenanigans strats, like the original.

Optinator

Oct 27, 2017
it's too bad that with all the tweaks and changes they never made it so that you can save outfits as cosmetic appearances so once you get a better armour, etc... it wouldn't change your outer appearance

like DC Universe Online
I do wish they'd implement something like this, but for now the fact that you can link glamour plates to gear sets is halfway decent for this sort of thing. As they've said they will eventually implement more places where you can apply glamour plates, it will also become easier to keep the same look as you level.

TheRealTalker

Oct 25, 2017
I do wish they'd implement something like this, but for now the fact that you can link glamour plates to gear sets is halfway decent for this sort of thing. As they've said they will eventually implement more places where you can apply glamour plates, it will also become easier to keep the same look as you level.
I see, glamour plates

this info will prove of use

thanks never knew of this system

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
LMAO IT IS. SE BROUGHT BACK THIS STUPID BOSS. Cant believe even after people LITERALLY GOT SICK after fighting it. Jesus Christ..... relying on 56 people to do their jobs in a random instance against the most notorious boss in FF history is gonna be impossible. Only JP will clear this right? haha

Sorian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It only looks hard because they didn't understand what they had to do before engaging the boss. They've since figured out there are mechanics in the dungeon that force spawn FATEs back out in Hydatos and completing those fates remove AV's god buff turning him into a (still hard) normal FFXIV boss fight.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
It only looks hard because they didn't understand what they had to do before engaging the boss. They've since figured out there are mechanics in the dungeon that force spawn FATEs back out in Hydatos and completing those fates remove AV's god buff turning him into a (still hard) normal FFXIV boss fight.

This, and AV is not even the last boss in that dungeon. There is still
Ozma

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018

I ... Really like how they're going about designing this end to eureka.

There's no light farming in the last zone so that means that anyone who wants to go back and change their relic stats have to go back to pyros.
Thing is they will likely be level 60 meaning they prob dont want to delevel to make getting light easier. Makes nm fates the thing to do for them which encourages nm spawning which helps people who are trying to get things done in pyros.

You can get the glam and be done or you can take on this open dng. In doing so, id you're able to clear the first floor, you get mats to beef up your gear to make you better at said dng. And for all the people lthoeft out of said dng you get fate spawns as a reward.
And by doing does fates you help the people doing the dng.

It kinda all swirls into a nicely helpful system that encourages people to redo things. We'll see how it shakes out though.

I can see an eureka a few months from now where people are on discord and directing nm trains to help those that are in the dng, taking turns as needed.

Omnicent

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
LMAO IT IS. SE BROUGHT BACK THIS STUPID BOSS. Cant believe even after people LITERALLY GOT SICK after fighting it. Jesus Christ..... relying on 56 people to do their jobs in a random instance against the most notorious boss in FF history is gonna be impossible. Only JP will clear this right? haha
I think you are confusing AV with Pandemonium Warden.
SE had to retune PW once shit hit the fan. That's not to say that AV wasn't BS until after all the nerfs/adjustments.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, AV gets confused with PW all the time. PW's the one who withstood an 18 hour run, AV's the more well-known brick wall with a dumb gimmick.
Wanna say it took 7-8 months or something ridiculous for PW to go down.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like I'm going to have to do more Pagos and Pyros. I don't have 500 of their crystals for the last relic step.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like I'm going to have to do more Pagos and Pyros. I don't have 500 of their crystals for the last relic step.
There's no 500 crystals, afaik? That's to buy the entry item for Baldesion, instead of the FATE drops in Hydatos. And even that is optional since you can just wait for red portals, it just gives you entry priority.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/aq969j/hydatos_weaponarmor_progression_steps/
This should be all of it, which is just 350hydatos crystals and 5 scales(which currently are impossible/hard to get because that NM gets bugged out and becomes invincible, from what I hear)

You will have to farm light in Pyros to reroll your stats after the final step however(can't reroll during Hydatos steps, it gets locked at the start and until the end).

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018

I probably was premature to say they needed Eureka exclusive gear in order to survive AV mechanics but I just saw that AV enraged 50% HP. Unlike rest of Eureka, you can't overwhelm the boss by sheet numbers in the public dungeon.

They may still need that exclusive gear just bring enough DPS to the fight.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
There's no 500 crystals, afaik? That's to buy the entry item for Baldesion, instead of the FATE drops in Hydatos. And even that is optional since you can just wait for red portals, it just gives you entry priority.

I may have misread, but I thought someone said earlier that you needed 500 of each crystal for the final step.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I may have misread, but I thought someone said earlier that you needed 500 of each crystal for the final step.
Well there is a 500crystals of each thing you can buy from a vendor, but it's the aetherial stabilizer, which lets you enter the blue portals into baldesion, without having to wait for them to turn red(not entirely sure why you'd do that since the wait is like 5mins, but eh). I don't believe anyone has mentionned 500crystals for the relic, but some people were confused by that item I think. People are stuck on the 100+5scales step though as far as I understand, so it might take a while to be sure what's at the end for sure.

I probably was premature to say they needed Eureka exclusive gear in order to survive AV mechanics but I just saw that AV enraged 50% HP. Unlike rest of Eureka, you can't overwhelm the boss by sheet numbers in the public dungeon.

They may still need that exclusive gear just bring enough DPS to the fight.
AV was just killed so yeah you don't need all the gear, just for people to not die during the fight/before it. Note that AV isn't the last boss.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
LMAO Ozma in Baldesion is the king troll. If you don't do whatever it is you have to do correctly, he warps the entire raid out of the dungeon straight up. Like just "get the fuck out of my house".

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
LMAO Ozma in Baldesion is the king troll. If you don't do whatever it is you have to do correctly, he warps the entire raid out of the dungeon straight up. Like just "get the fuck out of my house".

So somebody beat Absolute virtue? That was short lived.

Also, lmao that Ozma..... wow a mechanic that kicks you out of the instance......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.