• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
FFXI AV is everything that should never be done in a MMO. I'm glad its FFXIV equivalent is nothing like it.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
You can do it with your feet while blindfolded too, that doesn't make it ideal
Funny you say that because one of my FC members is handicapped and plays the game with foot pedals. He can clear endgame content just fine :P

I wasn't trying to start an argument over which is better, only that in my experience turning with the gamepad is just as instantaneous as mouse when you adjust the settings away from the defaults.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Also apparently the world first group that killed Ozma was 20 seconds away from enrage. Wow, so it's a tough dps check for 56 man content. if you die you dont get the mount in the fight? LOL way to go SE.
There's armor and weapon upgrades you can get that should make it a lot easier to clear. Math supposedly works out so that all the upgrades put together raise your stats 8 elemental lvs.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
There's armor and weapon upgrades you can get that should make it a lot easier to clear. Math supposedly works out so that all the upgrades put together raise your stats 8 elemental lvs.

People were talking about that in the instance I was in tonight. Someone mentioned that you have to get an item from the castle to augment your weapon. So you have to be able to clear it before you can augment a weapon to get the full Eureka bonus? What's that point?

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
I read that for the armor bonus, it's only worth it when you have +2
Anyway managed to get into a discord group for my data centre after asking in eureka explorers discord, decent amount of members too
Should be able to reach el60 in 2-3 more days :)

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I got half way to 54 tonight before maintenance. I just need to start spending more time in there. I'm never going to get to 60 being in there just 45 minutes or a hour at a time.

The Last Laugh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Dec 31, 2018
I got half way to 54 tonight before maintenance. I just need to start spending more time in there. I'm never going to get to 60 being in there just 45 minutes or a hour at a time.
After starting on Mateus I moved to Courel (sp?) and have loved it because there is a 100% road to 60 XP bonus

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
People were talking about that in the instance I was in tonight. Someone mentioned that you have to get an item from the castle to augment your weapon. So you have to be able to clear it before you can augment a weapon to get the full Eureka bonus? What's that point?
You get the items needed for upgrades between the bosses. You upgrade as you progress/wipe, so you can actually end up clearing. It's basically the same as genesis upgrade items in savage. You don't need to clear O12S before you can upgrade your genesis gear.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Yeah, although you can ditch using discs now. If you download the trial version and launch it then it should recognise that you have a licence for the full game and expansions and you won't need discs anymore. It's what I did for my physical PS4 copy.

I can't recall if you have to delete your current install but I assume you would.

Edit: Nevermind, I guess it's even easier than having to download the trial version!

I'v tried that before and didn't work I bought the Stormblood expansion from PSN so should work right I had the AAR collectors edition for disc might try again when get back home

Schierke Mori

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone on Tonberry by any chance? I want to transfer there, as my current server is pretty barren (Kujata). Like to have more crowded areas to explore.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
You get the items needed for upgrades between the bosses. You upgrade as you progress/wipe, so you can actually end up clearing. It's basically the same as genesis upgrade items in savage. You don't need to clear O12S before you can upgrade your genesis gear.
Right, just cause you can crawl past the finish line doesn't mean you don't want to make it easier on yourself next time by beefing up your gear.

And plus, with what people are saying ... this all cycles in an interesting way.

You get the drops that can be used on your Hydatos gear and weapon to make them boost up your elemental stats by 8 levels. You also have a chance at rare drops that can be used to buy the chest gear that's already level 300 so apparently that's better than only having Hydatos gear that's synced down(?).

Anyway, by getting all that Hydatos stuff you have basically made yourself 8 levels higher than level cap in any zone you go to stat wise ... so you're also basically 3 levels above the mobs that are 5 levels higher than level cap stat wise well also being lower level than them.

Should make chaining, NM spawning and light farming far easier for you when working on other weapons or helping friends doing Eureka seeing as you can solo anything in the zone by that logic.
Makes up for the fact that right now it's far faster getting light in Pyros as a level 49 than as a 50 ... and how many people want to delevel from 60 to 49 for faster light grinding?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
You get tokens as you clear the bosses. The first boss isn't hard at all, you can clear it with 2 - 3 groups if there's someone doing callouts on discord and he gives 3 tokens per clear.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Do you know how many tokens you need to upgrade each armor piece and the weapon?
35 tokens for body or pants; 21 for head, gloves, or feet. Weapon is 100 I think.

Feet, gloves, & pants should be upgraded first cause if you get lucky and get the Vermillion Cloak/Kirin Osode drops you can use those pieces for head and body instead of upgrading the elemental armor.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Well on the filthy casual side of things, is it worth it for me to see the Eureka story? Does it contribute much to the plot? Krile is kind of a weak character for me. 4.5 story content finished entirely too quickly

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I guess the biggest issue with the arsenal and upgrading Eureka gear is going to be how many people are actually going to be doing the content after a couple weeks? In a month or two, will it even be possible to get more than half a dozen people to actually go in there?

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
That's the problem with putting relic behind eureka. Once the players have moved, if you weren't on the train it's gonna be impossible to get those relics. Its like trying to find an online match today in Bioshock 2.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
At least Eureka itself can be done fairly casually. The arsenal seems like something only the most hardcore players will do and they'll have it done in a week. After they clear it and get the mount, there's no reason for them to ever go back in again.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Well on the filthy casual side of things, is it worth it for me to see the Eureka story? Does it contribute much to the plot? Krile is kind of a weak character for me. 4.5 story content finished entirely too quickly
To the main plot? No, not really. It's all just backstory for Krile. It's also pretty short compared to the grind required to finish it.

I think if youre able to stomach the grind you should do it cause its pretty damn fun once you get logos actions in pyros, but i wouldnt recommend it for the couple of cutscenes you can probably watch in YouTube.
I guess the biggest issue with the arsenal and upgrading Eureka gear is going to be how many people are actually going to be doing the content after a couple weeks? In a month or two, will it even be possible to get more than half a dozen people to actually go in there?
Well the major point of the upgrades is the Eureka buffs they have that you need for the dungeon, so if the dungeon is dead you really dont need them. The +1 armor upgrade with the new look doesnt require the dungeon.

But yeah I get what youre saying and this thing will probably be dead in a few weeks once people get their Ozma mounts.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
You also have a chance at rare drops that can be used to buy the chest gear that's already level 300 so apparently that's better than only having Hydatos gear that's synced down(?).

The ilv 300 Vermilion and Kirin body pieces are better because it isn't synced down while in Eureka and it has 5 materia slots that aren't ignored.

The elemental bonus is like having 4-5 additional magicites in each element.

Last edited:

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've yet to try Eureka and don't even know what it is.

From my limited understanding, it's kind of like its own mode? You run around a big field, take on big monsters, and whatever equipment you earn there can only be used in Eureka?

Tamanon

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Probably a stupid question here. If I preorder the digital download via Amazon, will I get access to the preorder stuff like the earring on March 2? Or is that only if ordered through the game's website?

Wispmetas

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I am now lvl 30 with my gladiator...But I'm thinking of trying out the lancer! But everywhere I see (even in the game) it tells me to focus on one class to begin with...
What is a good lvl to start multiclassing?

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I've yet to try Eureka and don't even know what it is.

From my limited understanding, it's kind of like its own mode? You run around a big field, take on big monsters, and whatever equipment you earn there can only be used in Eureka?

It's an instanced field area (well, 4 instanced field areas). You have to enter through an NPC in Kugane- it pops up in a duty finder window, but you can enter with any number of players up to a full party. Once you're in it's a big zone just like the regular world zones. Eureka has its own leveling system though- you'll start in Amenos at level 1, and through the 4 zones level up to 60. The monsters in there are tough, will follow you a lot further if you aggro them, and if you die and and a 10 minute timer runs out without getting raised, you get an exp penalty and can level down. The main draw to Eureka is the relic weapon for Stormblood is only obtainable through there. However, there's also glamours, hairstyles, emotes, and mounts that only drop in Eureka (and can sell for a ton of gil if you get one). Outside of the second zone (Pagos, which is a bit of a drag) I've had a ton of fun in Eureka.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's an instanced field area (well, 4 instanced field areas). You have to enter through an NPC in Kugane- it pops up in a duty finder window, but you can enter with any number of players up to a full party. Once you're in it's a big zone just like the regular world zones. Eureka has its own leveling system though- you'll start in Amenos at level 1, and through the 4 zones level up to 60. The monsters in there are tough, will follow you a lot further if you aggro them, and if you die and and a 10 minute timer runs out without getting raised, you get an exp penalty and can level down. The main draw to Eureka is the relic weapon for Stormblood is only obtainable through there. However, there's also glamours, hairstyles, emotes, and mounts that only drop in Eureka (and can sell for a ton of gil if you get one). Outside of the second zone (Pagos, which is a bit of a drag) I've had a ton of fun in Eureka.

So essentially it's like Deep Dungeon, but instead of multiple floors it's just one big area?

Can you party up with people inside Eureka or it's just whoever enters with you? You said it was in instanced field so I assume it's the former.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
So essentially it's like Deep Dungeon, but instead of multiple floors it's just one big area?

Can you party up with people inside Eureka or it's just whoever enters with you? You said it was in instanced field so I assume it's the former.

You can party up inside Eureka. In fact Eureka gets the most mileage out of shout chat of anywhere I've seen in the game. You get the biggest exp gains from NM's (basically boss fates) that pop up periodically, so a lot of players will just idle in the base where it's safe and just shout "inv nm" when an NM pops. They'll get invited to a party, kill the NM and get 10mil exp. Then go back to idling.

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else with the PS4 version have a 33gb patch start downloading?

I'm logged in to the game now though so i'm not sure what's happening. Is it re-downloading the entire game?

rpm

Into the Woods
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Parts Unknown
Probably a stupid question here. If I preorder the digital download via Amazon, will I get access to the preorder stuff like the earring on March 2? Or is that only if ordered through the game's website?
I swear I saw someone on the subreddit talk to Amazon support and they said that Amazon isn't distributing early access codes (which is how you would get the preorder stuff) until 30 days before launch, let me see if I can pull it up

Edit: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/aqdox5/psa_amazon_preorders_wont_be_receiving_codes/

Question of my own: For anyone who was here at StB launch, the standard -> CE upgrade on Mogstation for $20 goes up on launch day, right? I don't want to have to choose if I want the CE stuff yet, just want to get a preorder in so I get those earrings ASAP

Last edited:

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Anyone else with the PS4 version have a 33gb patch start downloading?

I'm logged in to the game now though so i'm not sure what's happening. Is it re-downloading the entire game?

You mean the "copying" part? Ever since the update process was moved from the game launcher to the PS4 OS, that is how the PS4 version updates. It's normal.

I am now lvl 30 with my gladiator...But I'm thinking of trying out the lancer! But everywhere I see (even in the game) it tells me to focus on one class to begin with...
What is a good lvl to start multiclassing?

I would say you keep with Gladiator/Paladin until Lv 60. By then you have most likely made it to the second half of Heavensward. In addition to all the ARR jobs, you have access to 5 jobs that starts at Lv30 or 50.

Last edited:

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Hydatos is basically a victory lap, NM's there pop all the time. It's impossible to get a chain going because they always popping.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I heard that the Physeos versions of the Eureka weapon have a slightly different glow. Are there any comparison pictures/gifs or did I hear wrong.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Hydatos is basically a victory lap, NM's there pop all the time. It's impossible to get a chain going because they always popping.

I must always be in bad instances. I've been in instances with 30 minutes between pops. The only one I've ever seen pop pretty constantly is Onvi. I made it to 55 tonight and I only have about 50 crystals.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
I got the game from Twitch Prime, I chose Arcanist as my class. If I buy Stormblood and want to play as Red Mage or Samurai, do I have to create a new character for each class?

Also, is there an Era Discord server? Couldn't find one in the OT. I'm trying to join the company, but I'm still in the starting area and don't know where.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I got the game from Twitch Prime, I chose Arcanist as my class. If I buy Stormblood and want to play as Red Mage or Samurai, do I have to create a new character for each class?

Also, is there an Era Discord server? Couldn't find one in the OT. I'm trying to join the company, but I'm still in the starting area and don't know where.
Nope, the beautiful thing about FFXIV is that you can play every single job on a single character, from tanks, healers, damage dealers, and every single crafter and gatherer. Once you reach level 10 you get the ability to switch to different classes by visiting different guild halls.

The only restriction are the Heavensward (dark knight, astrologian, machinist) and Stormblood (red mage, samurai) jobs which are locked behind the main scenario questline, so you'd need to stick with another job until you unlock those.

Lampa

Feb 13, 2018
Nope, the beautiful thing about FFXIV is that you can play every single job on a single character, from tanks, healers, damage dealers, and every single crafter and gatherer. Once you reach level 10 you get the ability to switch to different classes by visiting different guild halls.

The only restriction are the Heavensward (dark knight, astrologian, machinist) and Stormblood (red mage, samurai) jobs which are locked behind the main scenario questline, so you'd need to stick with another job until you unlock those.
Oh wow, that's amazing. Thank you.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Correction: only Heavensward's jobs are locked behind the Main Scenario questline.

Red mage and Samurai are available at level 50. A friend who hasn't finished the 2.0 storyline unlocked them.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I must always be in bad instances. I've been in instances with 30 minutes between pops. The only one I've ever seen pop pretty constantly is Onvi. I made it to 55 tonight and I only have about 50 crystals.

I think it'll get better once more people know the NM spawn conditions. Last instance I joined seemed to have a group going around for NM prep and I saw 4 of them spawn in less than an hour. I imagine that'll become more prevalent in the coming weeks.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017

From what people are saying, Hydatos is back to Amenos spawning rules, that is the NM will pop at xx number of kills of a certain mob. So people have to be actively killing the mobs to get the NM's to spawn, you can't just prep and leave like in Pagos and Pyros. So, NM trains will have to form up again just like in Amenos. The last two Hydatos instances I've been in had trains running and NM's were popping every few minutes.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
Oh really, I always thought it was both level 50 and the 2.0 MSQ for SAM and RDM. Lesson learned.
To be more precise, he didn't get access to Ishgard yet. Now that I have re-read what you said and checked, I admit I was mistaken: one needs to complete the main quest scenario "The Ultimate Weapon".

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
To be more precise, he didn't get access to Ishgard yet. Now that I have re-read what you said and checked, I admit I was mistaken: one needs to complete the main quest scenario "The Ultimate Weapon".
You don't though. The only requirement for the quests to unlock them is being 50, no MSQ step is needed at all. You can boost any class to 60 on a fresh account to unlock SAM/RDM right away and do the entire vanilla MSQ with them. So you were right the first time.

The only classes locked behind MSQ are DRK/AST/MCH due to being in Ishgard(although you can boost them to 60 and they'll be useable before that if you want also) and BLU which is the one that requires The Ultimate Weapon as well as 50.

Aeriscloud

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Florida
Does anyone happen to have the really old gif of the male roegadyn glitch with the weird butt dance hands in the air?

Or know where I can find it?

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If I've finished the MSQ for Stormblood, will doing all the 4.0+ MSQ content give me better gear? Not sure I can really be bothered doing clan stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.