• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Is there any reason to do Krile's quests in Hydatos as soon as they come up, or can I wait until I'm 60 and do them all at once?

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
If anything it makes the quests really easy since you don't have to worry about aggro.

Kinda mad right now. Didn't finish Pyros step so I finished that (Turns out its /really/ easy now to get all the crystals you need).

Apparently I've gotten good at zone hopping because I was able to get the 2 PW kills I needed for it and I thought getting the i395 step would be the last but NOPE.

I had 24 crystals to go and PW, Ovni, and Bird NM all spawned a half hour before I had to go to work. Upgraded the i395 and thinking I was done but naw need another 100 crystals. Oh well, nothing more to do but BA farm and hope I get a 6th or 7th magicite in the future.

Arcus Felis

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 26, 2017
I just need all of my crafters to reach level 63... Just 4 of them to bring from level 57 to 63... Then it will be smooth sailing... Smoooooooooooth sailing... Just a bit more... A bit moooooooooooore... *eye twitch*

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I don't even know where sprite island is. I still need about 160 crystals. Might as well just keep doing NMs for those last two levels.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I don't even know where sprite island is. I still need about 160 crystals. Might as well just keep doing NMs for those last two levels.

Its a small island on the SE section of the map. During any weather (besides fair) there will be 9 level65 elemental sprites on it. Easy EXP for a reflect party and you can chain if you kill mobs inbetween it.

Its crazy fast exp.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I have to level up my crafters so I can make furniture and so I can make money to buy a large house (that I will fill with said furniture)

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Edit- quoted cause big ol pics.
III HAAAVE ...

THE POOOOOOWWEER!!!!

Eureka weapon COMPLETE!

(still gotta roll stats AND run BA but ya know ... GLAM complete which is the REAL endgame, right?)

And coool, Light up shoes!

These use to be my jam in the 90s!
Tight!

Last edited:

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
So what's the best way to farm the Frosted Protean Crystals in Pagos (AKA Pagos Light)

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
What is the name of that giant disembodied hand mount that just carries the player around? It's really cool.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I just unlocked Royal City of Rabanstre. It's my first alliance raid - is it perfectly doable going in blind using duty finder? Not really sure what to expect, read a small guide and it looked pretty mechanics heavy so pretty intimidated.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
I just unlocked Royal City of Rabanstre. It's my first alliance raid - is it perfectly doable going in blind using duty finder? Not really sure what to expect, read a small guide and it looked pretty mechanics heavy so pretty intimidated.
The go-to advice is watch what other people are doing and if they have no hesitation in doing it, they're probably doing the right things. Pay attention to what alliance you're in as someone will probably put down markers for some of the fights and you'll need to go there at some point during a fight if they've been placed down. (A, B and C respectively. You can check what alliance you're in at the top of the party list.) If your party zooms over to the alliance marker all of a sudden you'll

There's basically two ways they design fights in general in FFXIV, you fail a mechanic and repeated failures of that mechanic will eventually kill you, or you fail the mechanic and it kills you immediately. So, if you mess something up, don't feel bad about it, failure is the key to success, try and figure out what killed you so you can look out for it the next time. Most of the casual content (dungeons, normal 8 man raids, 24 mans) are designed with the former in mind but some fights have the latter in mind.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It can kick your butt a few times, but I enjoyed it blind.
The go-to advice is watch what other people are doing and if they have no hesitation in doing it, they're probably doing the right things. Pay attention to what alliance you're in as someone will probably put down markers for some of the fights and you'll need to go there at some point during a fight if they've been placed down. (A, B and C respectively. You can check what alliance you're in at the top of the party list.) If your party zooms over to the alliance marker all of a sudden you'll

There's basically two ways they design fights in general in FFXIV, you fail a mechanic and repeated failures of that mechanic will eventually kill you, or you fail the mechanic and it kills you immediately. So, if you mess something up, don't feel bad about it, failure is the key to success, try and figure out what killed you so you can look out for it the next time. Most of the casual content (dungeons, normal 8 man raids, 24 mans) are designed with the former in mind but some fights have the latter in mind.

Thanks both - I had a quick look at a video and looked fairly standard: adds appear, kill them, don't stand in orange glowing circles etc. I'll try have a go at it this week and report back!

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks both - I had a quick look at a video and looked fairly standard: adds appear, kill them, don't stand in orange glowing circles etc. I'll try have a go at it this week and report back!

Rabanastre and Lighthouse are pretty straight forward. (And since everyone is i390+ the DPS checks there are laughable). Orbonne is the only one with two/three mechanics that are straight up wtf until you get it and there's a lower ilv ceiling compared to the other two so things can be tighter.

If you've played WoW imagine the LFR setting on raids and you got an idea for how difficult it is.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I just finished the Eureka story.

I chose Ejika's route and let him destroy Eureka. How does the story end if you choose Krile's route?

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I just finished the Eureka story.

I chose Ejika's route and let him destroy Eureka. How does the story end if you choose Krile's route?

They put up the wards on Eureka and Ejika becomes the point of contact between the students on the island and Rowena's crew.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I didn't notice any kind of unlock prompt. Can I do the Arsenal right away after finishing the story?

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
There's an NPC next to the black smith with a quest marker.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
As a DPS, what logos actions should I take into BA?

There's a combination you'll want to be running. Generally you'll want Spirit of the Remembered up at all times.

After that its needs of the raid and what Wisdom/buffs you're comfortable running.

I'm hearing BLM is busted in there. Especially if you run Wisdom of the Elder and Magic Burst.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
I don't really know what I would be comfortable with. I don't know much about logos actions. Other than Reflect farming in Pyros, I've never used Logos actions in Pyros or Hydatos.

I would run a 4-1 split (Or 5-1 if you got the 6th magicite) in there at all times. Use Wisdom of the Guardian (The one for DPS that gives you a tanky build).

Go in there as often as you can just for the Eureka fragments so you can get +2 gear. I'm hearing the additional elemental properties aren't as strong as early reports have said.

I have no idea what the Primal scene is like for BA but there's an Aether discord I'll share (Or someone can share) that will have more details.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017

Learn by dying, have a look at guide after if there was something you didn't get (first boss in particular has a lot of stuff going on). Really, things outside EX, Savage etc is casual stuff and I don't think you really need to use guides before even trying it if that's how you prefer it.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
38 crystals to go. If I get some good instances, I may be able to finish my weapon tomorrow.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Got orbonne monastery in my mentor roulette. Took 4 pulls to kill Agrias. Kept wiping to Thunder God.

Two healers quit out of frustration. The vote abandon didn't go through because people still had the confidence we could make it before the timer ran out.

I had to leave, never had such an awful run.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA

You probably can go in blind at this point and still do ok, though MrHappy and MTQCapture on Youtube have solid guides for the raids and dungeons in the game if you want another resource.

Rabanastre was designed for a minimum gear ilvl of 305 and nowadays people are running around in i380-i400 gear they've gotten from Alphascape, Orbonne Monastery, and Genesis tomestones. So the DPS checks for bosses in there aren't so bad anymore. You still will need to know some of the mechanics and it's likely you'll die to a few mechanics on your first run which is fine. 24 man raids are somewhat chaotic especially the first time through when you're unfamiliar with it. If you don't know where to go, it often helps to try to stay in the same general area as your alliance (in general certain mechanics will require an alliance to do something together so it helps to try to stick together).
You may also consider going in as a DPS if you have one leveled just to get a hang of it. Alliances are structured in 5-2-1 pattern of DPS-Healer-Tank (a bit different than trials), so if one DPS goes down it's not too big a deal IMO, especially for Rabanastre. I remember we had a DPS quit in our Alliance after a wipe on the third boss of Orbonne Monastery (newest alliance raid) last week, and we still got the clear, so definitely can still manage.

The Bear

Forest Animal
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still doing ARR content, but it's frustrating to get into any new dungeons or other instances - the duty finder makes me wait easily +20 minutes or more every time. Doing daily rulette puts me to parties basically immediately, but that doesn't help when story mode forces me to do a specific dungeon or instance.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm still doing ARR content, but it's frustrating to get into any new dungeons or other instances - the duty finder makes me wait easily +20 minutes or more every time. Doing daily rulette puts me to parties basically immediately, but that doesn't help when story mode forces me to do a specific dungeon or instance.

Are you playing as a DPS class? Been a while since I ran ARR content, but when I did them as a healer duty finder typically matched in a few minutes. Queue times unfortunately can get on the longer side as a DPS class. Also depends if you're running duty finder during the peak hours on your data center (typically evenings and weekends are better).

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Ah sorry not sure why that's happening then, especially if you're typically playing during peak hours. Never played as a tank class but always hear about them having the best queue times, so not sure what's going on.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
Level 29 in Pagos... lmao. This is gonna take forever to get to Pyros/Hydatos.

I came back last month with only the first Eureka section done.

Honestly, I was in Pagos for like 3 days. Pyros for 3 days and Hydatos took me 4 days of after-work grinding (3 hours a day) to get to max. And that was with lots of pissing about and AFKing. You'll get there very quickly!

If you're doing a lot of the side dungeons that are from blue quests (aka non MSQ ones) then you're gunna struggle to get in. A lot of people skip them sadly on their way to get through ARR and towards HW content.

Status
Not open for further replies.