• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
We've literally been trying to finish O4S and two of our DPS and a healer cannot for the life of them get a stable connection during key points in the fight for a week straight.
Just like end up blowing up the team because they redball, absolutely awful.

Scar

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Title Town
So I'm in Heavensward and I'm now looking for aether currents. Oh boy.

Btw, we have a couple era peeps in our linkshell.

Another reminder that any stragglers please send Nash Latkje a tell in game. I've been searching for some peeps that dropped me their name, but I haven't seen them on.

My search continues!

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
What are the chances of Stormblood getting a discount on black Friday? Is there a history of expansions getting discounts then?

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
What are the chances of Stormblood getting a discount on black Friday? Is there a history of expansions getting discounts then?
Probably pretty good, they do a big promo on most SE games during the season. Wonder if they'd discount that complete XIV edition with everything in it.

Baleoce

Oct 27, 2017
Am I imagining things or did they change Fisher? I use Patience II, knowing what strength of tug is required to get the fish I want, but if I cancel the hook, my Patience II bonus dissappears.. Is this a new thing?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure patience has always worked that way. Canceling a cast or moving also cancels the buff. Only change they've done with Stormblood is allowing you to pop food and cordials while under the buff. You couldn't do that in HW.

ebi

Oct 25, 2017
What stat should I prioritize as NIN? I'm hearing a lot of Direct Hit. What about SAM?
For NIN, you basically should try minimizing Skill Speed. If you have access to Omega Savage gear, this is the current BiS set. You want to respect the melds because it hits an exact crit tier. http://ffxiv.ariyala.com/1358R

Generally speaking for this job, Direct Hit is a bit better than Crit, which is a bit better than Determination in a vacuum. Crit gains value the more you stack it (which includes DRG, BRD, SCH and AST buffs to crit) though. This doesn't matter a whole lot in the end because there isn't a huge amount of gear diversity in the game, so you either go for BiS or you get whatever has the best item level available to you.

Last edited:

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
Stormblood. Is. Done. Woooooo!

......Where do I go from here?

So, couple of things I wanted to get off my chest.

Where the heck was Lyse that whole final battle? I fought through Ala Mhigo, clashed with Zenos, I killed Shinryu, then she shows up. They were hyping her role up so much, but you barely got to see any of it. Random Ishgard Knight Bro had more of a role than her by helping you blow up a door! They really should have had her fight alongside through that entire segment.

Secondly, Shinryu is such a great fight. Holy crap, Shinryu is such a great fight. Now THAT'S what a final boss should be like. The stage, the difficulty, the transition, and the second theme (oh god that second theme is amazing) all made for the best spectacle I've seen in the game so far. In one of the best moment I've had in this game, I could finally, for the first time, use my AST LB3 to bring back 2/3 of the party and go for the clear.

ARR to Heavensward and now to the end of Stormblood, with a lot of side tracking on old content and to level two jobs to max (AST and SAM). 5 months since I started on this brand new character, with a total playcount of 13+ days, or 333 hours. (Though I did AFK a ton, so maybe reduce that by 50 hours?) This pretty much is the most time I've sunk into any game this year, but it's been so worth it.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Depends on much you're still invested in the game. I know people who have unsubbed and will likely resub the month before 5.0 released and will buy the new expac and burn all the way through before putting it down. (Alternatively they hold off on buying the new expac until x.55 and then do that entire expansion in month for $20 or less).

Otherwise start the ilv grind (Dungeons, Tomestones, Deltascape, Crafted, Extreme Primals, and Raiding), maybe invest in crafting. Get social, raid, or whatever floats your boat.

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
[12:15 a.m.]You received a player commendation!

Love it when I finally get the respect as Healer.

demifiend

Oct 25, 2017
Sub runs out in a few days and still haven't cleared Shinryu ex after about...50 tries with many different people. Most in discord calls. Get to the last phase and everyone runs around and dies. I'd like to at least see enrage :(

also hi, tank main (specifically drk) on Aether. sometimes blm or whm depending on how edgy i'm feeling

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Sub runs out in a few days and still haven't cleared Shinryu ex after about...50 tries with many different people. Most in discord calls. Get to the last phase and everyone runs around and dies. I'd like to at least see enrage :(

also hi, tank main (specifically drk) on Aether. sometimes blm or whm depending on how edgy i'm feeling
What server?

Ashamoil

Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure patience has always worked that way. Canceling a cast or moving also cancels the buff. Only change they've done with Stormblood is allowing you to pop food and cordials while under the buff. You couldn't do that in HW.

There was a trick in Heavensward where you could pop a cordial, then Patience, and the GP from the cordial would apply after the deduction from using Patience. I honestly think the Stormblood change is just intended to legitimise this over trying to address or find a workaround for the server latency that allowed it.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Kinda odd, but I predicted someone would post the night variant and would state they preferred it over the day one lol.

I like both.

What's odd?

That I prefer the night variants mostly or that I think I'm the only one?

I think that way cause the views on youtube seem mostly for the day versions. At least for Stormblood that is.

Oct 29, 2017
This DDoS is getting annoying, every time I've played lately there's been huge lag spikes and disconnects. Hope it lets up soon. Sorry to anyone trying to pull off serious content.

OP
OP
Red XIII

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
5ec87d42e21436386b36ef10d102ec35e0e1ea6e.png

Patch 4.15 Rival Wings Preview

Marie

Oct 25, 2017
Shinryu farm parties are pretty dubious ast times but i don't mind as long as i get a few clears. I think I'm at 57 clears.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
I've long held that this is one of the best games I'm not currently playing. Didn't get too far originally, but wanting to jump back into it.

I plan to get Stormblood on Black Friday (Best Buy for $20 with GCU for $16). Then I want to play the game casually.

I've read a few articles online and watched a couple introductory videos. Any tips for someone who doesn't play MMOs and has only played a dozen hours of this game previously?

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
I've long held that this is one of the best games I'm not currently playing. Didn't get too far originally, but wanting to jump back into it.

I plan to get Stormblood on Black Friday (Best Buy for $20 with GCU for $16). Then I want to play the game casually.

I've read a few articles online and watched a couple introductory videos. Any tips for someone who doesn't play MMOs and has only played a dozen hours of this game previously?

Definitely try to join an FC, ppl are very helpful in this game and it's fun to make friends and play with each other.

Just focus on the main quest story and ignore side quests. Be patient with the story.. it WILL get better.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

You should read this list of terms or keep the link on hand for when you see someone say something in chat that you don't understand.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1uqexb/new_player_to_ffxiv_and_mmos_in_general_so_many/

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017

If you're a lapsed player who has friends still playing the game, you could get them to help you with the callback campaign. There's a bunch of nice bonuses including free playtime and gear. They'd have to be in your friendlist from the first time though.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I died to the Mimics tonight in Rabanastre after Celes died, somehow. I really need to get better at big pulls. I'm terrible at using cooldowns right.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It feels good getting commendations as a DPS. Maybe it's because sometimes I end the boss with an LB. It's super flashy.

N7_Kovalski

Oct 28, 2017
It feels good getting commendations as a DPS. Maybe it's because sometimes I end the boss with an LB. It's super flashy.

I try to give comms to DPS. As a DPS main for a long time, it's pretty tough to get comms. I've been playing healer for awhile and the comms roll in. Even if I don't do all that well.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
read the ex lucrezia team's interview, jesus 15 hours of raid everyday
i remember when i was in a pretty hardcore group and i think i did 5-6 hours a day, can't imagine how bad it must've felt

studyguy

Oct 26, 2017
After the long break due to connection and scheduling issues, back to O4S.
Ready for NIN drops when we have no NIN again.

Also I ran the 24 man something like twelve times now trying to get that tank chest with nothing to show for it.
Feelsbadman. I just want that chest piece...

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
After the long break due to connection and scheduling issues, back to O4S.
Ready for NIN drops when we have no NIN again.

Also I ran the 24 man something like twelve times now trying to get that tank chest with nothing to show for it.
Feelsbadman. I just want that chest piece...
I've been so lucky with Rabanastre, whenever I needed any loot from it I got it on a single run lol

Status
Not open for further replies.