• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you get multiple anima weapons? Ardashir warns about making sure you are on the class you want before proceeding.

For glamours they look pretty nice and while its a grind I'll do it at least once.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Can you get multiple anima weapons? Ardashir warns about making sure you are on the class you want before proceeding.

For glamours they look pretty nice and while its a grind I'll do it at least once.
Yep you can totally get all of them. The only restriction is that you can only do the quests 1 at a time. For example, you can't hold multiples of the luminous crystal step quest for different jobs at the same time. However once you finish that quest, you can do it again with another job.

Inyourprime

Oct 25, 2017
Is the company still accepting new members? I am still new to this game and wanted to play it again. Figure I start with a new character, instead of my old one, since I am still learning all the classes and don't remember anything in the main story.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Just a note, if you are going to watch FFXIV OST vids on youtube (I do it all the time while working) I prefer do use Mekkah Dee's ones. Soken wrote once that he doesn't mind if people just play with all sound effects turned off except for the music and post those videos (this is what Mekkah Dee does) but he doesn't like people datamining the sound files and posting them. He specifically called out dudewhereismyspoon for doing this. Link

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try to do a BA learning run tomorrow on Primal if anyone here is interested. Be online at 8:50 pm est and send me a tell in game (Victor Strange@Ultros) if you wanna join. It might take a while to find an instance for us so keep that in mind before joining.

B.K.

Is the company still accepting new members? I am still new to this game and wanted to play it again. Figure I start with a new character, instead of my old one, since I am still learning all the classes and don't remember anything in the main story.

We're always open. I posted instruction on how to go the other day: https://www.resetera.com/threads/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-ot-a-realm-reset.334/post-18113105

Last edited:

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys seeing a ton of FF14 ads recently? This last month it seems like they been pushing ads super hard.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys seeing a ton of FF14 ads recently? This last month it seems like they been pushing ads super hard.
Expansion coming soon. There was a similar marketing presence ramp up when stormblood came out with the billboard ad at e3, the blood drive van, the Carl's Jr. & Mrs Freshley promos.

DDisN0HXsAIhE4A.jpg

DCYiXvbUAAArXp6.jpg

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hydatos is just full of drama, isn't it. I've seen so many people bitching about those portals.

Kinda wish NMs spawned faster. I'm gonna AFK my way to this relic.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
yeah last night i was planning to experience BA for the 1st time until the party told me the portals bullshit and its individual entry
people leaving ovni early to camp and making it reset, etc
too much bullshit and so i'm not gonna bother with BA until they change something
how can you design a dungeon that needs high coordination but purposely make it hard for people from the same party to join together? it's really fucked up

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Expansion coming soon. There was a similar marketing presence ramp up when stormblood came out with the billboard ad at e3, the blood drive van, the Carl's Jr. & Mrs Freshley promos.

DDisN0HXsAIhE4A.jpg

DCYiXvbUAAArXp6.jpg

LOL I never seen most of these. The snack one is so fucking weird. Zenos is all like "BUY MY CUPCAKES OR DIE"

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared Omega normal today. Feel a little sad to have that behind me, 8-person content is my favourite part of XIV and there's a lot less of it to go now.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
I wish there was a sale for the complete edition on PS4. I played for over 5-6 years on PC and my desktop died last year. Going to jump back in when it drops in price right before the new expansion launch.

Optinator

Oct 27, 2017
That and it's a bit of a stretch from now to the end of June, so they need some new blood signing up. Sure there are events and 4.5 MSQ part 2, but anecdotally this lull between one expansion's final patch and the next expansion is XIV at its lowest activity. At least Eureka seems to be drumming up more active subs than Diadem ever did.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I've had to blacklist about 10 people in PvP this week because I hate players who spam the chatbox with callouts and sound effects like seven times per second.

I can see the map dude. I don't need your danger bongos. The constant callouts might help some people but I can't stand it.

I also had a dude complaining about me "crafting too loud" near the summoning bell (wut). I ignored him but he kept being annoying so I called over some FC mates to come craft with me. He soon had to deal with five crafters all crafting as much as they could in a circle around him until he left. Got a laugh out of me.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Posted the wrong time for the Primal BA learning run. Meant to say 8:50 pm EST. Jump into the fc discord eureka channel or send me a tell in game around that time to join us if you're on Primal. Character name: Victor Strange@Ultros. Let me know if you wanna join us B.K.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I've had to blacklist about 10 people in PvP this week because I hate players who spam the chatbox with callouts and sound effects like seven times per second.

I can see the map dude. I don't need your danger bongos. The constant callouts might help some people but I can't stand it.

I also had a dude complaining about me "crafting too loud" near the summoning bell (wut). I ignored him but he kept being annoying so I called over some FC mates to come craft with me. He soon had to deal with five crafters all crafting as much as they could in a circle around him until he left. Got a laugh out of me.
To be fair some of the crafting jobs do a lot more noises than others, especially certain animations. The BSM/ARM hammering and the CRP sawing stuff for example is more irritating than the alchemy potion noises and what not.

That said, it's a really weird thing to complain about, you can turn off sounds from other players(I did several times when someone decided to come fish right on top of me even though there was a ton of room to go somewhere else, since then I couldn't rely on sound to fish while alt tabbed) and you can just move to another bell otherwise. And bells pretty much ALWAYS have crafters around them other than maybe Ishgard because there's so few people.

You can't really go to Limsa's main bell and not have like 3crafters, one lala/catgirl spamming laugh emotes and some idiots spamming some DRK spells. But the thing is you can literally walk 10steps and go to the 2nd bell next to the retainer vocate and there's barely anyone there, or you can walk further down to Hawker's Alley bell, or TP to your FC to use the bell there or whatever, it's really such a non issue.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I do danger bongos and annoying callouts if my group continually fails to work together or in PVE content do mechanics.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair some of the crafting jobs do a lot more noises than others, especially certain animations. The BSM/ARM hammering and the CRP sawing stuff for example is more irritating than the alchemy potion noises and what not.

That said, it's a really weird thing to complain about, you can turn off sounds from other players(I did several times when someone decided to come fish right on top of me even though there was a ton of room to go somewhere else, since then I couldn't rely on sound to fish while alt tabbed) and you can just move to another bell otherwise. And bells pretty much ALWAYS have crafters around them other than maybe Ishgard because there's so few people.

You can't really go to Limsa's main bell and not have like 3crafters, one lala/catgirl spamming laugh emotes and some idiots spamming some DRK spells. But the thing is you can literally walk 10steps and go to the 2nd bell next to the retainer vocate and there's barely anyone there, or you can walk further down to Hawker's Alley bell, or TP to your FC to use the bell there or whatever, it's really such a non issue.
Sure, crafting can be loud and annoying. But he was just being very obnoxious about it instead of just walking away. I was also in Gridania, it's not like I was in a heavily populated space. :P

JI8RAGT.png

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
/p I see your Berserk Pacification macro and acknowledge your suffering
/p I do not plan to cleanse you
/p I can make noises too, check it out <se.2> <se.12>

I vividly remember running into a Warrior because they had the most obnoxious Berserk macro using ALL THE SOUNDS to count down the individual seconds, and I was seconds away from leaving because of it.

Danger Bongos are fine if there's a big mechanic like Ancient Flare that can be missed, I guess, but I'd only do it if we've wiped to it.
LB macros are fine if you're funny, but most people aren't.
Raise macros are the worst because they're always the most petty passive-aggressive bullshit. Just tell me who you're targeting and leave it at that.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
The Fashion Report is a really easy and cheap 100 this week, for anyone who still needs the title.

0MQAocx.png

Mature

Oct 25, 2017
Talking about PvP, this is your chance to get them 2 monkey mounts (Rival Wings) as Qs are popping fairly quick every day from 6pm EST all the way to 1am/2am Est.

Big gathering tomorrow from 5pm EST all the way 4am EST. Feel free to tag along and Q for Hidden Gorge! Be prepared for meltdowns lol

Mirage Coordinator

Alt account
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
Talking about PvP, this is your chance to get them 2 monkey mounts (Rival Wings) as Qs are popping fairly quick every day from 6pm EST all the way to 1am/2am Est.

Big gathering tomorrow from 5pm EST all the way 4am EST. Feel free to tag along and Q for Hidden Gorge! Be prepared for meltdowns lol

I'm at about 50 wins myself but I'm starting to lose motivation. PVP is just so awful in this game. Even RW which is somewhat tolerable due to the mechs gets old very fast.

Oct 27, 2017
I see Stormblood is on sale on Steam, however I own the "Windows" version of the base game. If I buy Stormnlood from Steam can I redeem the key for my Windows version? Thanks!

djinn

Nov 16, 2017
So... Here's a thing I learned as a new player:

Subscription costs AUD $23.

Yeah. As much as I would love to I can't pay this game. I can't justify spending that much on a sub.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I see Stormblood is on sale on Steam, however I own the "Windows" version of the base game. If I buy Stormnlood from Steam can I redeem the key for my Windows version? Thanks!

No. If you have the stand alone WIndows version, you can only use that version. If you have the Steam version, you can only buy expansions through Steam. You can't mix and match WIndows and Steam.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I doubt I'll ever do BA again. I wish I hadn't spent over a million gil getting logograms for it.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So... Here's a thing I learned as a new player:

Subscription costs AUD $23.

Yeah. As much as I would love to I can't pay this game. I can't justify spending that much on a sub.
Hmmm I pay 17 dollars a month as an Australian. It's still expensive but a little better maybe. Make sure you select the basic sub option if you decide to continue.

Mature

Oct 25, 2017
I'm at about 50 wins myself but I'm starting to lose motivation. PVP is just so awful in this game. Even RW which is somewhat tolerable due to the mechs gets old very fast.

I haven't bothered with the astragos mount back in the day so I'm pleased to know that you can get it by doing hidden gorge also. It gave me the motivation that I needed as I thought I will never gonna get that one. I'm at 42 wins so far exactly a week today so with a bit of luck I'll get them mounts 2 weeks today.

Hidden Gorge is great but the problem is the new people not understanding objectives. Push lanes, grab mercenary, run mid for CE, use oppressors on towers and not on people and brute J full defence. That's basically all you need to know but even though you explain all this before the run they insist in pvping by attacking players (everyone but healers) rather then Vikings , Magus , oppressors or any other Mechs

Hopefully I get better luck today but a slow day last night with the wins lol

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
That reminds me, shoutout to the best name in the game... I'm of course referring to Curious Gorge from the Warrior questline.

Hellsguards have the best names.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I've been doing a lot of Alliance Raid Roulettes lately to level BRD. I really wish they would go back and add a totem system to the old raids so you could buy its gear. Every time a piece of gear drops that I want, I always lose the roll and it never drops again.

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
Finally here with my current static just been raiding about 6 or so hours a week started this tier like 2 1/2 months or so ago? Happy to finally fight em

Good stuff, and good luck! I'm progging this right now also, the people I raid with are definitely good enough to clear it's just a matter of actually getting the raid nights together :P. We're up to HW2. It's been a great savage tier, Midgardsormr notwithstanding.

Otakukidd

The cutest v-tuber
Oct 25, 2017
Got my first gathering class to 70.Botanist

ca51cd4adf4bf17ed0b007ab4c4409ae.jpg

I do really like the grind from 50 with the collections. It allows me to do other stuff like cleaning the house or painting stuff while I wait for stuff to pop

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I resubbed after a 6 month absence and literally minutes after I logged in some random guy told me I looked cute and hugged me u.u

I hope this community never changes

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I got bored of this raid tier pretty quickly to be honest. I'm certainly not the best player but there's too much zzz in the whole thing. Final Omega has got to be the worst and most mundane final boss in well... ever.

I look much more fondly back on Creator and Deltascape these days.

Last edited:

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
I've gone into Anemos 3 times now and each time ended up socializing with other folks. Really like the community that comes with a boring grind. Having played oldschool MMOs and found modern ones less talkative, I've theorized oppressive game design fosters community, and Anemos is backing me up.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Good stuff, and good luck! I'm progging this right now also, the people I raid with are definitely good enough to clear it's just a matter of actually getting the raid nights together :P. We're up to HW2. It's been a great savage tier, Midgardsormr notwithstanding.
Middy would have been a great boss but exaflare is a bad mechanic :(

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Why do they insist on giving the caster gear collars with female hair clipping through it? Let me live my life!

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
The game really doesn't want me to get the Tsukuyomi dog. I've seen it half a dozen times and I've rolled under 25 each time. Most of them have been single digit rolls.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I hit level 50! And somehow already kinda feel a bit lost not seeing the xp bar climb anymore. Still seem to have a couple missions left in the story though at least. I guess I run dungeons for these tomes or whatever to increase my equipment level to take part in the raids?

Speaking of which how much is actually left for me in the base game? In terms of dungeons and raids anyway. I'm actually really tempted to get the expansions but I have to work out if I'm really down for subbing. Wish it was just a little bit cheaper but oh well. Have 18 days left to make up my mind at least.

Oh one last question, anyone tried playing cross region and if its manageable? I'm thinking I might try another character on Ultros to join ERA since the EU servers are so damn quiet

Last edited:

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
i think middy is fine outside of like the last sets of mechanics with ice + earthshakers or the levins you have to bring to the sides/corners. snapshotting makes that annoying

Status
Not open for further replies.