• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Got the Tsukuyomi dog! Just two more and I can get the Nine Seven Tailed Fox. RNG is brutal. The group I was in did the fight 13 times to try to get the mount for everyone. Five dropped in the first seven runs and the nothing after that.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to matchmake for the Cape Westwind boss is rough, especially so since everything else seems to work out in around 10 minutes. Damnit I wanna see my first 8 person fight!

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Soo the NieR raid roped me into subbing to my first conventional MMO.

I have no idea how I already have almost 40 hours clocked in this game. It might be the biggest case of "greater than the sum of its parts" I've ever seen.

Besides the polish of the UI & gamepad controls, and the nice art style, everything is decent/enjoyable at best. Music's nice but nothing pushed me to seek what it's called. (I do like the theme that plays around Eighty Sins of Sasamo, though.) Story's almost hilariously bad (that part in Gridania where you have to go back and forth between two people who are literally 10 meters apart comes to mind), the characters are by and large not much to write home about (the woman who runs the Quicksand is great though), and I wish the world had more unique monuments and that kind of thing. Gameplay's fun-ish but quite repetitive, relaxing though.

The community is nice and wholesome! I really like that, people are friendly. I also like running dungeons, but I keep getting distracted when playing them for some reason. Sometimes I won't even look at the game and space out while spamming spells.

I'm a level 30 THM (on Excalibur).

Oct 26, 2017
Soo the NieR raid roped me into subbing to my first conventional MMO.

I have no idea how I already have almost 40 hours clocked in this game. It might be the biggest case of "greater than the sum of its parts" I've ever seen.

Besides the polish of the UI & gamepad controls, and the nice art style, everything is decent/enjoyable at best. Music's nice but nothing pushed me to seek what it's called. (I do like the theme that plays around Eighty Sins of Sasamo, though.) Story's almost hilariously bad (that part in Gridania where you have to go back and forth between two people who are literally 10 meters apart comes to mind), the characters are by and large not much to write home about (the woman who runs the Quicksand is great though), and I wish the world had more unique monuments and that kind of thing. Gameplay's fun-ish but quite repetitive, relaxing though.

The community is nice and wholesome! I really like that, people are friendly. I also like running dungeons, but I keep getting distracted when playing them for some reason. Sometimes I won't even look at the game and space out while spamming spells.

I'm a level 30 THM (on Excalibur).

You're going to hear this a thousand times but the story gets a lot better/interesting towards the end of A Realm Reborn's major content patches and onward into the expansions.

Deleted member 8861

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
You're going to hear this a thousand times but the story gets a lot better/interesting towards the end of A Realm Reborn's major content patches and onward into the expansions.
That's mostly the reason why I got Shadowbringers already. :P

StB doesn't give you a free month or anything right? I know I'm already entitled to it through ShB but Stormblood being 50% off on Steam is tempting.

Another question: I have (Canadian) Twitch Prime but got a PAL Square Enix account (and the game through Steam), Twitch gave me a NA starter edition code, can I use that anywhere?

Oct 26, 2017
That's mostly the reason why I got Shadowbringers already. :P

StB doesn't give you a free month or anything right? I know I'm already entitled to it through ShB but Stormblood being 50% off on Steam is tempting.

Another question: I have (Canadian) Twitch Prime but got a PAL Square Enix account (and the game through Steam), Twitch gave me a NA starter edition code, can I use that anywhere?

If you pre-order Shadowbringers then you won't have access to the Heavensward and Stormblood expansions until the end of June.

Buying Stormblood (Heavensward is included) won't give you any extra game time. If you want to play through the two expansions (Heavensward + Stormblood) before Shadowbringers comes out you'll have to get it on Steam as only the Steam versions of the game/expansions are compatible with each other.

Also, it doesn't look like the NA starter code from Twitch will work with the Steam version of the game.

bread

Nov 17, 2018
Decided to jump back into the game again as a friend picked it up from the Twitch code, gave me a reason to start a new character (up on ultros to join the era fc). Currently working through a WHM and AST once I'm there. Haven't looked much into BLU yet, what has the general consensus been? Single player content seems counterintuitive since I got this game with the expectation of a massively multiplayer experience. Feel like I'll only get around to it after completing most other content the game has to offer unless it gives some sort of unique useful reward for the rest of the game.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I remember now why I don't do 50/60 Dungeon Roulette. I got Sohr Khai in it tonight. We wiped on every trash pull and in the second boss. After one wipe in the second boss, the tank left, then we voted to abandon. I haven't done that dungeon since going through the story. I have no idea what any of the mechanics were. I don't remember any of the level 50 or 60 dungeon boss mechanics.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Finished my SCH relic today. Kinda ugly honestly. Way too big and they should have kept the wings that the previous versions had.

Anyway I also dabbled in Pyros for some substats but eh. I don't have the energy for it. I don't speedrun and when the expansion hits it'll all be irrelevant anyway. I almost have enough crystals for a second relic but a break is needed from the AFK simulator before I jump into that again. Would have to do more anemos + light farm pagos zzzzz

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Level 69, almost there! Getting a little bored playing Summoner but I'm somewhat used to the rotation at least.

A battle res helps a little too. Had my first experience since starting of extreme difficulty doing a story trial last night. Group wiped to Susano like 5 or 6 times. It seemed like one healer might have been a bot though. Which I didn't think would be possible but the group was saying it as they were behaving weird and weren't talking/doing much.

I guess the benefit to levelling Summoner was always getting Scholar to 70 as well. Even though I haven't really tried the job. Once I get there I'll go and do some early dungeons I guess and learn it a bit.

Stormblood is okay so far and I guess the swimming tries to mix things up a little. Getting a bit frustrated with the archaic aether currents and being made to use a slow ass mount until the game decides to arbitrarily give you mount speed 1 unlock. This is like a F2P grind setup put in just to slow you down/frustrate you. They really need to axe this from the game and just let everyone travel around as they want.

Especially considering lots of the quest design is run to point B for two lines, run back to point A for another 2 lines and then run back to point B again to complete the quest.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm gonna resub to this in the next few days. I've not played since just after Heavensward launched, so I've got some catching up to do. I'm on Ultros as I was in the GAF server back then. Are there still spots free in the Reset one?

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Man, the raise-lower faceplate thing for helmets is so awesome. It makes the warrior class armour so badass. (I just reached level 50 and got it, woohoo.)

Curious Gorge, thanks for all the memories.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Man, the raise-lower faceplate thing for helmets is so awesome. It makes the warrior class armour so badass. (I just reached level 50 and got it, woohoo.)

Curious Gorge, thanks for all the memories.
It's sad it's not more used but yeah /visor looks cool on the armor that it works with. And the warrior quests will continue once you reach heavensward. I don't remember the HW one much but the SB warrior quests were pretty funny.

Oct 26, 2017
They should have a /visor thing on an entire armor set that toggles when you draw your weapon.

It would look something like Unicorn Gundam going into NT-D mode.

Vulnicura

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Spoiler for 4.4 (?) or around it:

6cc.png

I absolutely HOWLED at this response. Damn.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm gonna resub to this in the next few days. I've not played since just after Heavensward launched, so I've got some catching up to do. I'm on Ultros as I was in the GAF server back then. Are there still spots free in the Reset one?
Theres always room! We've moved the house though, its no longer in Limsa so you'll have to do a player search and look for people with the "ERA" tag to join. In the player search box select "Kugane" instead of world to increase your chance at getting one of us.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Theres always room! We've moved the house though, its no longer in Limsa so you'll have to do a player search and look for people with the "ERA" tag to join. In the player search box select "Kugane" instead of world to increase your chance at getting one of us.

Ok, thanks for that. I'll do that tomorrow when I can be bothered to hook my keyboard up to my PS4 and sort my macros's out. This is really daunting to go back to, all the muscle memory has gone.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well I just resubbed for month after a long time off. Gotta practice my BLM opener again to get use to it again then I'll do the story then the relic grind in Eureka.

Zero-ELEC

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
México
So imagine I'm a hyper newbie, what should I be doing with all the items that populate my inventory? You know, the hides, the fangs, skins, bones and what have not.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So imagine I'm a hyper newbie, what should I be doing with all the items that populate my inventory? You know, the hides, the fangs, skins, bones and what have not.
Most of it is junk.

Check out what each item is going for on the marketboard and sell what you can, unless you know you need it for crafting or something. I usually just discard anything that's worth less than 1000 gil.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I just got Susano in Trial Roulette and it took three pulls to clear it because the tanks were new and didn't know how to do the sword and bubbles. It's funny that Susano Ex and Lahsmi Ex are easier and shorter fights than the story versions.

Buy more retainers! Be like me and never throw anything away. I'm up to nine retainers and they're almost all full. Between the nine of them, I might have a couple dozen free inventory slots.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
If you plan to level up the crafting jobs later you can save it all, but A) you'll run out of inventory space really fast (and probably need to pay for a few extra retainers), and B) a lot of the low-level items can be bought from vendors for cheap. Otherwise I'd just sell it all.

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played this game since 2015(just before the first expansion came out), and I'm thinking of getting into this again but I might want till the expansion came out.

From what I understand, as someone that owns the game on Steam, I'll just have to buy the latest expansion and that will have the 3 of them, right?

Is there anything I should know as someone returning to the party? I was playing White Mage pretty much exclusively back then. I plan to play this with a friend and it seems like one of us will have to change servers. I also want to make one of my characters race change, the Au Ra look incredible.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't played this game since 2015(just before the first expansion came out), and I'm thinking of getting into this again but I might want till the expansion came out.

From what I understand, as someone that owns the game on Steam, I'll just have to buy the latest expansion and that will have the 3 of them, right?

Is there anything I should know as someone returning to the party? I was playing White Mage pretty much exclusively back then. I plan to play this with a friend and it seems like one of us will have to change servers. I also want to make one of my characters race change, the Au Ra look incredible.
If you preorder Shadowbringers you won't get the other expansions until Early Access at the end of June. If you want to play Heavensward/Stormblood before then you'll have to buy Stormblood.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017

Yes. If you buy Shadowbringers, you'll get Heavensward and Stormblood. You won't be able to access them until early access starts on June 28, though. If you want to start the expansions now, you can get both if you buy Stormblood now. Stormblood is on sale on Steam right now for $20. If you play in Steam, you have to buy on Steam. You can't mix and match licenses from the Windows and Steam versions.

I plan to play this with a friend and it seems like one of us will have to change servers. I also want to make one of my characters race change, the Au Ra look incredible.

There are going to be free server transfers when they add new data centers in a month or two, if you can wait that long. Also, you get a free Fantasia when you finish the A Realm Reborn story, so if you want to change races, don't buy a Fantasia yet.

Oct 25, 2017
Yes. If you buy Shadowbringers, you'll get Heavensward and Stormblood. You won't be able to access them until early access starts on June 28, though. If you want to start the expansions now, you can get both if you buy Stormblood now. Stormblood is on sale on Steam right now for $20. If you play in Steam, you have to buy on Steam. You can't mix and match licenses from the Windows and Steam versions.

There are going to be free server transfers when they add new data centers in a month or two, if you can wait that long. Also, you get a free Fantasia when you finish the A Realm Reborn story, so if you want to change races, don't buy a Fantasia yet.

Thanks for the info, I'll resub when the free server change happens.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Also, if you're sure you're going to play the game later, you probably want to preorder Shadowbringers. If you preorder, you get Aetheryte Earrings that give a 30% exp. bonus from levels 1-70. Their ilevel scales, so you can wear them all the way from level 1 to 70. You won't be able to get them if you don't preorder. They're being sent out to players starting this Friday.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017

It will but you won't be able to access them until Shadowbringers early access in late June. As for anything you need to know I'd say you're probably in a pretty good spot to not really worry too much, if you just focus on the main story quests you should be fine getting back into the game. I find White Mage a lot of fun right now but since the jobs will get changes in the upcoming expansion who knows how it will be in a few months.

As for changing your characters race you'd need a fantastia, you'll get one for finishing the base story in A Realm Reborn or you may already have one if you were subbed for 30 days back when you originally played. Either way you shouldn't need to buy one but if you do they're sold for real money on the mogstation, just make sure to thoroughly check all your inventories if you do resub before you buy a fantasia.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Part of me wants to grind to get my PLD gear all to i400 (or at the least everything that doesn't require Savage). But I feel like I'll burn myself out before Shadowbringer comes out if I do that. I'm working to still get either a i390 weapon for my 70 WHM or my SAM (whenever I finally get it to 70) but not really sure it's worth it considering how close we're to Shadowbringers.

Also made my avatar on ERA of my character. Hopefully it looks nice. :)

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared Seiryu Ex for the first time tonight, finally was able to clear a Primal while it was still on-content (though admittingly Seiryu is pretty easy in a good group). Got my weapon on the first pull too woo.

Now I have ilvl 396 for absolutely no reason other than to have a high ilvl lol

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/360414?p=4895993&posted=1#post4895993
yoshida post about BA

Stabilisers will be easier to get (This will be implemented)
Increased rewards after support FATE (This will be implemented)
Problems of running away during Ovni and Support FATE (To be addressed)
Nodes will only pop a few minutes after boss is dead
Buff will only be given to those who remain within the boss fight area
Support FATE nodes will start blue before going red

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Hi guys, anyone has experience using keypads?

I'm looking into Razer Orbweaver Chroma and Logitech G13.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/360414?p=4895993&posted=1#post4895993
yoshida post about BA

Stabilisers will be easier to get (This will be implemented)
Increased rewards after support FATE (This will be implemented)
Problems of running away during Ovni and Support FATE (To be addressed)
Nodes will only pop a few minutes after boss is dead
Buff will only be given to those who remain within the boss fight area
Support FATE nodes will start blue before going red

I still don't see stabalizers being used by most. Maybe by the 7th support party.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Cleared Seiryu Ex for the first time tonight, finally was able to clear a Primal while it was still on-content (though admittingly Seiryu is pretty easy in a good group). Got my weapon on the first pull too woo.

Now I have ilvl 396 for absolutely no reason other than to have a high ilvl lol

Always helps with breezing through the next expansion.

Status
Not open for further replies.