• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just did Lost City of Amdapor (Hard) for the first time on a whim, trying to clear out my journal, and now that much more curious about Shadowbringers.

Stuart444

Oct 25, 2017
So got the final 24-man done today. Had a few new people again besides us but the people today were patient and didn't rage which made it a lot less stressful. Need some practice at the final phase of boss 3 and of the final boss in general but it was quite fun besides that :D

6 days till JP Fan Fest

Can't wait :D

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I finally got endings A-E in Nier Automata. I'm ready for the Dark Apocalypse raid now. What a terrible game that was. i'm glad to have it behind me. I just wish I hadn't spent $40 on it.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
someone killed the satin during garuda extreme when she was at 3%.

we managed to dps her down fast enough but man this was after 6 or 7 wipes and we slowly progressed through each phase with me giving out all the instructions to 6 newbies and a notification my gear having dropped to 10% condition.

felt really good progressing through the fight and then seeing 6 achievement notifications pop for first time clears.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Or done something completely original, for once.
I just except the 24 mans to be a pulling from some other game at this point since that's largely been the case. I just hope that the 8 man raid is better handled this time around, they normally do a good job of justifying their references to other games but they handled it poorly for Omega.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
I think Yoko Taro will breathe in a lot more fresh air compared to someone like Matsuno, though. Since Yoshida's "forcing" him to play the game without a jump potion, since he always has crazy ideas for what to do in his games I think he'll do some neat stuff with what we've come to expect out of the 24 mans in the Nier raid.

Taro's attached to an existing franchise, but at the same time, he'll make whatever the hell he wants to make and we'll just be strapped in for the ride. Hell, he might even have more freedom in something like a raid for 14 than he would in making a whole new game.

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Oh shit, the start to Heavensward or the last quest leading into it is so much more intriguing than anything else in the game to this point. Makes me very excited to be starting the expansions.

Last edited:

Luigi87

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Realized in the two weeks since I've resubbed, I've put in somewhere between 70~100 hours (large range, but I forgot what my /playtime was when I first resubbed), and I've still yet to touch the 4.X MSQ... lol

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I switched from a Dual Shock 4 to a Xbox One controller and I don't know if I'll ever get used to playing XIV with it. I really wish the dpad and left analog stick's positions were reversed.

Realized in the two weeks since I've resubbed, I've put in somewhere between 70~100 hours (large range, but I forgot what my /playtime was when I first resubbed), and I've still yet to touch the 4.X MSQ... lol

You might as well wait until next week and do it all at once. 4.56, with the lats MSQs of Stormblood should be out the 26th.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Now that I preordered Shadowbringers, I fully expect it to go on sale on GMG on the NA store any day now lol.

With the Aetheryte earrings in hand, still deciding what class I want to try to level before Shadowbringers hit. Think I may go for SCH/SMN. Always been tempted to try a second healer after WHM, and it's cool to get 2 jobs to play with leveling Arcanist. Plus I already have decent gear for WHM and RDM already so once I hit 70 don't need to worry too much about grinding for new gear. Looking forward to trying them out.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Wooo! Managed to finally beat Proto-Ozma! Took 3 tries and the last 2 I did tonight right after another. I didn't even look at the boss's health until the person doing callouts said that we only had like 1% left. Feels good to finally finish it.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I'm jumping back in to catch up before Shadowbringers.

Have there been any major changes I should know about? I main DRK.

Also, how much content is there for me to catch up on? I just did the quest where you have you first Asahi flashback and I assume there's probably 5-6 hours of story content, at least.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm jumping back in to catch up before Shadowbringers.

Have there been any major changes I should know about? I main DRK.

Also, how much content is there for me to catch up on? I just did the quest where you have you first Asahi flashback and I assume there's probably 5-6 hours of story content, at least.

I forget which quest that was exactly, but there's around 20-ish main quests ahead of you.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I've been trying to get the Magitek mount from Ala Mhigo for so long now. I should've given up a long time ago and let it happen naturally but I've been trying for so long already that I feel like I can't stop now.
not a fan of automata?
Automata is solid, it just doesn't fit my tastes as well as the original Nier did. The first thing I look to latch onto in a games story is the characters and I thought the original Nier had a far more interesting cast than Automata's and I also preferred the story in the original Nier.

I do appreciate that Automata digs deeper into the themes that the original game touched on and there are parts of it that I thought were great but overall I think it's a game I respect more than actually like.
I'm sorry 2B, but you're just kind of boring.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to get the Magitek mount from Ala Mhigo for so long now. I should've given up a long time ago and let it happen naturally but I've been trying for so long already that I feel like I can't stop now.

I've run Ala Mhigo so many times since launch, and I think I've seen that drop like twice. Lost both rolls, lol.

Honestly, the only reason I allowed myself to buy Fatter Cat is so I could convince myself I would never need another mount again.
Other than the car, of course.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
I love that mount. Got it on my second run, had no idea it existed before that, and never been there since. Actually surprised at how rare it is because I never see anyone with it and it's the only mount I have where people send tells asking where I got it.

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Ran the ARR coils last night in an unsynched party finder because the queue with those just ain't popping and my god the turn 12 cinematic cutscene. It really is impressive how much lore they can pack into something as simple as a set of 8 man raids.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty sure the Further Adventures of Hildabrand coming out this patch will have the special fanfest Trial included as part of it if anyone wants to make sure they are up to date with that so they can do it.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
Ran the ARR coils last night in an unsynched party finder because the queue with those just ain't popping and my god the turn 12 cinematic cutscene. It really is impressive how much lore they can pack into something as simple as a set of 8 man raids.

I need to do these still. Was it easy to find a party?

I guess you don't need a full one if you're going in unsynced?

whiskeystrike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I need to do these still. Was it easy to find a party?

I guess you don't need a full one if you're going in unsynced?
I constantly see parties for them in party finder. We stayed mostly full throughout the entire run with various people coming and going.

Due to the amount of cutscenes you will be watching I would slot about an hour per set of turns.

Turn 9 has some interesting mechanics that can definitely wipe a level 70 unsynched party so hopefully someone can explain it once you're there to anyone not in the know.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017
I constantly see parties for them in party finder. We stayed mostly full throughout the entire run with various people coming and going.

Due to the amount of cutscenes you will be watching I would slot about an hour per set of turns.

Turn 9 has some interesting mechanics that can definitely wipe a level 70 unsynched party so hopefully someone can explain it once you're there to anyone not in the know.

Ah, that doesn't sound so bad then. I always look up a guide before going in. I tank, so I don't really want to mess up. Thanks.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I've run Ala Mhigo so many times since launch, and I think I've seen that drop like twice. Lost both rolls, lol.

Honestly, the only reason I allowed myself to buy Fatter Cat is so I could convince myself I would never need another mount again.
Other than the car, of course.
I hadn't played the game for a few months and then the first time I ran Ala Mhigo again it dropped, I rolled a 4. Unsurprisingly that was not a winning roll.

I then went and also bought Fatter Cat and while it's a great mount it hasn't stopped me from continuing to run Ala Mhigo and torturing myself.
I love that mount. Got it on my second run, had no idea it existed before that, and never been there since. Actually surprised at how rare it is because I never see anyone with it and it's the only mount I have where people send tells asking where I got it.
It does seem weirdly rare, I feel like I've only seen other people with it a handful of times.

Dogzillaboot

Nov 12, 2017
Sacramento, California
I just started patch 3.3 after hevansward and it's throwing decent gear at me left and right. I take it I don't have to worry about item level until I hit 70 right? I'm honestly excited about the gear grind seeing how I've never had to do it in an MMO before. I usually call it quits early on since it doesn't grab me but this one has.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I just started patch 3.3 after hevansward and it's throwing decent gear at me left and right. I take it I don't have to worry about item level until I hit 70 right? I'm honestly excited about the gear grind seeing how I've never had to do it in an MMO before. I usually call it quits early on since it doesn't grab me but this one has.

Throw some melds onto it, and you should be good until mid to upper 60s. You should be getting materia rewards often enough. You should consider upgrading your weapons as new levels become available though if you're a dps.

Dogzillaboot

Nov 12, 2017
Sacramento, California
Throw some melds onto it, and you should be good until mid to upper 60s. You should be getting materia rewards often enough. You should consider upgrading your weapons as new levels become available though if you're a dps.

Gotcha. I've been neglecting melding materia the entire game so far. Are dungeons the best way to get better weapons as I progress through? I have like 800k right now so I guess the market place is an option but that kind of takes the fun out of it for me. I'm a Red Mage btw if that makes any difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.