• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ogawa-san

Nov 1, 2017
With everything nowadays being cross-realm, other than less people around to hunt and a smaller marketboard. what else would I be missing by free transferring from Levi to one of those new realms?

OP
OP
Red XIII

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
You guys make G sound like some sort of mafia operation.
if G is the mafia than are we the Yakuza?
are we part of Yamaguchi-gumi?
120px-Yamabishi.svg.png

i was expecting some auto playing music. not a bad site lol

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
With everything nowadays being cross-realm, other than less people around to hunt and a smaller marketboard. what else would I be missing by free transferring from Levi to one of those new realms?

I think the only actual New world right now is Louisoix in EU, which will be a huge latency/ping change--for the better if you're actually in Europe, but worse if you're in NA. JP and NA didn't get New worlds, and Levi still isn't congested so there's no way to transfer off Levi to another NA server without paying the fee.

Zassimick

Nov 6, 2017
Just a heads up, but if it's a Black Friday deal, the GCU discount usually doesn't stack with it. They changed the policy last year I believe.
Very good to know. $4 won't break the bank, but still. I just noticed it was still on when I was previewing their "preliminary" Black Friday deals (and it worked for Uncharted: The Lost Legacy) so I had no idea it may not work. Thanks for the heads up!

Deleted member 8001

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm soloing dungeons unsynced for a quest and this ended up occurring.

I moved into where its tail is and surprisingly caught 0 aggro. I kinda had a hunch it might work due to my time on FFXI, but even still this is a Dungeon so I have no idea how I skipped it.

From testing more, I guess they are Sight mobs cause I can walk behind them and no aggro. Funny.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah there's a few dungeons where you can skip some mobs. You can skip the set of mobs before the second boss in Temple of Qarn by toggling walk on.

Lunchbox

ƃuoɹʍ ʇᴉ ƃuᴉop ǝɹ,noʎ 'ʇɥƃᴉɹ sᴉɥʇ pɐǝɹ noʎ ɟI
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rip City
Looking to get back into this does Reset have a guild or a group of people i could join by chance? :)

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Something I've noticed with housing. In particular, the new windows.

This is the top floor of my house. Wall with the windows is above the entrance, pretty much.
zrpWdB.jpg

Bottom floor on the far wall.
pMBbvA.jpg

Rays of light shine through at a certain angle and it never changes. Either it's on or off. All determined by your housing location and orientation, I assume. Which while realistic, I suppose, is REALLY LAME.

Last edited:

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
Haven't played since I finished Stormblood, did the GAF guild stay together or do I need to apply to a new one?

Also, did they make it easier or less time consuming to get raid gear with the Return to Ivalice patch?

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
Haven't played since I finished Stormblood, did the GAF guild stay together or do I need to apply to a new one?

Also, did they make it easier or less time consuming to get raid gear with the Return to Ivalice patch?
We're still rocking it on Ultros.

As for the Ivalice gear, it functions exactly as previous 24 mans. It drops a token that allows you to upgrade tomestone gear on top of the gear that drops from the raid itself.

Vic_Viper

Thanked By SGM
Oct 25, 2017
We're still rocking it on Ultros.

As for the Ivalice gear, it functions exactly as previous 24 mans. It drops a token that allows you to upgrade tomestone gear on top of the gear that drops from the raid itself.

Nice! Hope I wasn't kicked from the FC for being inactive lol.

I wasn't able to finish the first Stormblood Riad set though. Did that get any easier to get? At the time there were super limited restrictions on how many you could get each week IIRC.

Might resub during my Winter break!

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
I wasn't able to finish the first Stormblood Riad set though. Did that get any easier to get? At the time there were super limited restrictions on how many you could get each week IIRC.
Weekly restrictions generally aren't removed until the next tier of the raid is released. Applies to both Savage and Alliance raids. The normal mode version had the weekly loot restriction removed sans the catalyst needed for the weapon that drops from Deltascape V4.

OP
OP
Red XIII

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
Nice! Hope I wasn't kicked from the FC for being inactive lol.

Might resub during my Winter break!
if you did get kicked from the FC you can resubmit to the fc.

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
anything really new added? I came on to do a little of the Halloween event, but have been off the game for most of the last 2 months.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
Woot, I got the full Omega Samurai set and now I'm looking good later today I'm gonna do Susano EX and get a weapon. It took me almost 10 hours to loot a full set of tokens from Omega I must have gone on a 3-hour streak of rolling sub 30.

Ashamoil

Oct 25, 2017
I'm soloing dungeons unsynced for a quest and this ended up occurring.

I moved into where its tail is and surprisingly caught 0 aggro. I kinda had a hunch it might work due to my time on FFXI, but even still this is a Dungeon so I have no idea how I skipped it.

From testing more, I guess they are Sight mobs cause I can walk behind them and no aggro. Funny.

Yep, sight and sound mobs are a thing in this game, but it's nowhere near as relevant as it is in FFXI, and good luck getting your party to tiptoe past a Ninki Nanka (sound aggro) in Hullbreaker Isle or something. :V

Benedetta

Oct 26, 2017
I finished the Stormblood MSQ a while ago and was wondering about one of the final scenes...

Is that really a reference to the original Blade Runner? This guy has a lot in common with Roy, including his superhuman aspirations. He is dying, and his last words are about the time, memory and oblivion: " this moment... let it be enshrined in eternity" (while Roy says: "All those moments will be lost in time"). And petals flowing, just as rain.
20170731003708_150kqh.jpg

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Rays of light shine through at a certain angle and it never changes. Either it's on or off. All determined by your housing location and orientation, I assume. Which while realistic, I suppose, is REALLY LAME.

I have the stained glass one in my house and the light changes angles throughout the day.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I thought my graphics card was broken because the lighting looked weird it turns out FFXIV just has dark nights I don't remember them being so dark though have they always been dark?

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I have the stained glass one in my house and the light changes angles throughout the day.
I have one of those too. I've never even seen any rays from it, period, haha. It's on same side of the house as the others in my images above.

I guess it could be because I'm on PS4? hmmm. Unless it does change and I've just never noticed it

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I have one of those too. I've never even seen any rays from it, period, haha. It's on same side of the house as the others in my images above.

I guess it could be because I'm on PS4? hmmm. Unless it does change and I've just never noticed it
Is it on the side of your house facing north? The light rays do change based on house orientation. Least mine do. I've move mine to the south-ish facing wall, but it was on my west wall origionally and only got the beam for a few game hours in the afternoon.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
My internet cut out yesterday so I didnt raid but I heard my static had trouble with their replacement healer and only saw enrage once on Neo. Damn, things happen but I guess i'll try to get a pug clear before reset....

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I need advice for keeping the game fresh after I cap my tomes I kinda run out of stuff to do what do you guys do to keep the game fun after you've capped your weekly currency?

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
First attempts at Shinryu EX tonight. We spent maybe an hour an change on it and managed to see phase 2 twice. Phase 1 did not seem as bad as I expected given reports. As DPS (which I acknowledge as easier) I was able to respond to all mechanics and do callouts for the healer. Fight was really fun, hope I manage to clear it before it gets invalidated by gear.

Benedetta

Oct 26, 2017
First attempts at Shinryu EX tonight. We spent maybe an hour an change on it and managed to see phase 2 twice.
Nice results. I've been practicing Shin for a while, but most of the groups from PF struggle with the phase 1 and don't see phase 2 at all. I'm a healer though, so maybe it's me who spoils everything, hehehe.
I've also heard that phase 1 is actually the hardest one, while 2 and 3 are much more easier. Don't know if it's true.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Nice results. I've been practicing Shin for a while, but most of the groups from PF struggle with the phase 1 and don't see phase 2 at all. I'm a healer though, so maybe it's me who spoils everything, hehehe.
I've also heard that phase 1 is actually the hardest one, while 2 and 3 are much more easier. Don't know if it's true.

its true, ppl will struggle in phase 1 during clear parties and even farm parties. which it got to the point after i cleared 3 times i said i dont need this shiet (coz i already got o3s on farm) lol.

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Wait so if I buy Stormblood i get Heavensward for free? So it's best to go ahead and buy the Starter edition and Stormblood when it goes to $20 on Black Friday?

OP
OP
Red XIII

Red XIII

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
NY
Wait so if I buy Stormblood i get Heavensward for free? So it's best to go ahead and buy the Starter edition and Stormblood when it goes to $20 on Black Friday?

sounds about right. it also works the same for the PS4 version
they also have a Complete Edition but i'm not sure if that's going be in a black friday deal.
https://store.na.square-enix.com/product/436357/final-fantasy-xiv-stormblood-pc
Please note that the FINAL FANTASY XIV: Stormblood expansion pack also includes FINAL FANTASY XIV: Heavensward. This package requires FINAL FANTASY XIV Online Starter Edition (A Realm Reborn) to play the game.

if you going play on pc do not get the Steam version.

Last edited:

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I got into a Susano EX learning party I feel like I've got most of the mechanics down but the stormcloud still confuses me. When it targets you is there a set location to run or do you just run it where it swipes sideways across the middle part and misses the raid?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
I got into a Susano EX learning party I feel like I've got most of the mechanics down but the stormcloud still confuses me. When it targets you is there a set location to run or do you just run it where it swipes sideways across the middle part and misses the raid?
It's random. Most the time you can just run to the back, but if it's in front behind the tank, you want to run to the sides.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Just did the Chrysalis trial from 2.5 for the first time and man did it get rough. Even with the Echo buff up to 30% we barely got the clear. I'm sure both us healers being new as well as one of the tanks probably made things tougher. I do watch a guide video before most dungeons/trials now which helps, but still feels different when you're actually in it.

Anyways was impressed how helpful some of the party members were and giving lot of tips along with the way. Probably stuff I should've known by this point, but hopefully I can be better the next time.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Oh okay, thank you, I cleared it with the help of some nice people from PF that joined only because I was new and to help.
Can also run to the front of the boss and place yourself right next to the thundercloud towards the right and it'll shoot off towards the gap and you don't get knocked back very far. This'll also apply to churning+knockback but there's also no thundercloud to worry about for that set.

But generally it's better to try to line it up so that as many people can run into the line as quickly as possible if for some reason people aren't parked on Susano's model.

Status
Not open for further replies.