• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I'm playing the free trial, if I buy the expansion eventually do I have to make a new character to become a bunny girl or what
Worth adding to the fantasia answer, you get a free fantasia for completing the original story MSQ at lvl 50, so you don't really have to buy anything additional if you don't plan on switching back or switching several times or whatever. Past that have to buy them.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
MGP Tips:

-Gates happen at 00, 20, and 40 past the hour.
-Check your challenge log. There's bonus MGP to be had by completing some tasks
-Do fashion report on Friday. https://twitter.com/kaiyokostar <- This person always does a great infographic every week on how to get 80+ points

That person also put together a great infographic on getting MGP.

D35qXR4UUAAV8Km.jpg:large

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I won't have 200k MGP till probably Monday since I won't be able to do the Fashion Report this Friday. It's gonna suck week all these Regalias till then.

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for this! In the group I'm helping now we're doing 2-2-1-1 and tank LB1 memes for booms (well that's the plan. I've not seen this LB1 strat done successfully as of yet, haha). I think I'll try to get them to hold shake or something for Titan just as a buffer.

With 2-2-1-1 I'm guessing it's tanks pairing up to take two and then 6-stacking the other two orbs with a heal in between? I'm not sure how LB build will play out for you guys; we did tank LB1 but we were splitting the ~200k orb damage between at most 3 people per pop so we got it back basically immediately. With a 6 stack I don't think you do, and I think you might end up losing some of the primal roulette lb build with gearing where it is now (+as I understand it groups that didn't blow Minuet Troub on Booms tended to end up getting Ballad Troub during primals which further hurts LB gen.) It's not a huge deal, but being able to get the LB3 out before the final burn phase started was nice.

Mana management is giving me a bit of trouble too. Can you remember where you use Lucid Dreaming in Ultima? With how I'm doing primals, it comes off CD in the middle of the Ultima transition that I can pop for free and then the next one is during the tumults > mistral shriek after Predation (I extend with my star/bubble regens so I don't have to use any GCDs healing there). My problems seem to occur when I get to Suppression as my mana is almost dry at that point and Lucid is a few seconds off. Which isn't the end of the world; there's no healing for a bit anyway. I'm just a biiiiit worried about primal roulette on AST and if I should try to line up refresh to come up sooner.

My usage was definitely weird, but with the way our refresh timings and when I was GCD healing worked out, I basically pocketed Lucid from Titan through Annihilation. The intermission is so long I'd come out of it with about 80% MP, and the only GCD healing that would happen in Ultima before the Titan stomp stuff would be an AH and a Succor before he was targetable, and our Bard would toss out Refresh during Predation and I'd end up capping MP before stomps even without Lucid so I held it so if something exploded I'd be able to use it to recover, otherwise I did the Lucid/Lightspeed/Collective/Oppo thing around the start of Annihilation (this was back when you had to wait for server ticks on Collective so tossing up bubble while he was untargetable was one of the least annoying spots for it) so that I could have the extended instant cast for the movement-heavy phase, and discounted Helioses if the Flaming Crush soak went wonky. The HoT ticks were mostly nice for the bard running to Narnia for Mesohigh and the tank snagging all the orbs, but they also helped out if we had someone missing and the Flaming Crush dot ticked a little longer than normal. I'd leave that phase capped on MP if things went well, which kept things fine through Suppression, and then at the end of Suppression we had Refresh again while I was Heliosing for all eternity, and Lucid would be back for me to use whenever I felt I needed it next which was usually held until Primals.

I remember having a lot of feast or famine issues when I was working out where to pop it--it'd go up alongside Refresh and I'd end up overcapping and wasting ticks then running dry later when nothing was up; I think I ultimately ended up using it less in general, but it gave me the best recovery options without risking bottoming out.

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I won't have 200k MGP till probably Monday since I won't be able to do the Fashion Report this Friday. It's gonna suck week all these Regalias till then.
What is your current MGP? If you are already past 100k you can just do Gates and still hit 200k plus do Mini Cactpot every day since you will alwats gain from it.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
How many "Get in losers" references has their been so since the event started. I feel like that's gonna be a thing especially in Eureka

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What is your current MGP? If you are already past 100k you can just do Gates and still hit 200k plus do Mini Cactpot every day since you will alwats gain from it.

127k. It's probably possible but it'd be boring. I think after I complete my challenges I'll have around 157k-160k. We'll see how doable it is once I actually complete the quests.

Edit: Are we free to leave the Leap of Faith GATE once we got everything? I noticed people just chill on the hands but idk why.

Last edited:

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
127k. It's probably possible but it'd be boring. I think after I complete my challenges I'll have around 157k-160k. We'll see how doable it is once I actually complete the quests.

Edit: Are we free to leave the Leap of Faith GATE once we got everything? I noticed people just chill on the hands but idk why.
Yup you can leave if you grab all the trophies.

If you complete your entire challenge log then you will have 200k MGP since you will also be earning from the Gates and races/battles.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it was bout this time that the Warrior of Light knew they was in a whole heap of trouble...
D4T4ClOUUAEiIsM.jpg

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Finally got the Regalia after unlocking Chocobo Racing. Would've been done if it weren't for fucking Typhon.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
There are so many people trying to get MGP from Leap of Faith that the instance server has died.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Noctis' jacket and boots are pretty great for DMC5 Nero cosplay. I had the jacket red at first for Dante but I figured I'd just wait to have the RDM level 70 gear to pull off the superior DMC1 look.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Maybe it's just me but Noctis in this game just looks off to me here. Maybe it's because of the graphical difference of XIV and XV but here he just likes XIV created character version of him with all of his gear and hairstyle while to me Lightning looked just like she did in her games. It's probably just me.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Maybe it's just me but Noctis in this game just looks off to me here. Maybe it's because of the graphical difference of XIV and XV but here he just likes XIV created character version of him with all of his gear and hairstyle while to me Lightning looked just like she did in her games. It's probably just me.

Nah I had the exact same thought. He was off.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017

It's definitely an XIV engine version of Noctis, for sure. He also just doesn't really move the way Noct does, his walking animations in particular don't feel right. But it's still a fun cameo anyway.

Oct 27, 2017
Welp the crossover got me back in the groove. Got the regalia, then ended up completing the my wondrous tails completely solo (had a lot of ARR extremes and second chances) and got to level 21 in Eureka and have no idea what to do now since Pagos still seems impossible.

How does Eureka work now lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
you get them in exchange for tokens from the event FATE. can get 2 tokens for a gold clear, and each of the songs is 1 token. the vendor is the ironworks hand in the main citystates but also black brush station not far from the fate.

Ah, cool. So you don't need to clear the FATE too many times, then. That's a relief.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
The Regalia is too easy to get. It should take 1000 or 1500 of those Fate tokens to get it.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
With 2-2-1-1 I'm guessing it's tanks pairing up to take two and then 6-stacking the other two orbs with a heal in between? I'm not sure how LB build will play out for you guys; we did tank LB1 but we were splitting the ~200k orb damage between at most 3 people per pop so we got it back basically immediately. With a 6 stack I don't think you do, and I think you might end up losing some of the primal roulette lb build with gearing where it is now (+as I understand it groups that didn't blow Minuet Troub on Booms tended to end up getting Ballad Troub during primals which further hurts LB gen.) It's not a huge deal, but being able to get the LB3 out before the final burn phase started was nice.
For some reason they're insistent on our PLD taking the west orbs solo and 7 of us sharing the rest. I suggested 6-2 soak so the tank is literally taking half the damage but I was voted against. Seems weird to me though! I mentioned the LB thing to them too and they don't seem too concerned about it so I dunno. Will probably just take the L on the early LB. But I suppose if the DPS is there it won't matter too much.

Side note: We got to primal roulette today and got absolutely destroyed by Titan. That Viscious during weights is so much more awkward than I imagined. I think I'm just gonna save lightspeed for it because I was helios spamming and we still died! SCH forgot soil, shake was late, and we weren't quite topped off. Haha. What a combination.

My usage was definitely weird, but with the way our refresh timings and when I was GCD healing worked out, I basically pocketed Lucid from Titan through Annihilation. The intermission is so long I'd come out of it with about 80% MP, and the only GCD healing that would happen in Ultima before the Titan stomp stuff would be an AH and a Succor before he was targetable, and our Bard would toss out Refresh during Predation and I'd end up capping MP before stomps even without Lucid so I held it so if something exploded I'd be able to use it to recover, otherwise I did the Lucid/Lightspeed/Collective/Oppo thing around the start of Annihilation (this was back when you had to wait for server ticks on Collective so tossing up bubble while he was untargetable was one of the least annoying spots for it) so that I could have the extended instant cast for the movement-heavy phase, and discounted Helioses if the Flaming Crush soak went wonky. The HoT ticks were mostly nice for the bard running to Narnia for Mesohigh and the tank snagging all the orbs, but they also helped out if we had someone missing and the Flaming Crush dot ticked a little longer than normal. I'd leave that phase capped on MP if things went well, which kept things fine through Suppression, and then at the end of Suppression we had Refresh again while I was Heliosing for all eternity, and Lucid would be back for me to use whenever I felt I needed it next which was usually held until Primals.

I remember having a lot of feast or famine issues when I was working out where to pop it--it'd go up alongside Refresh and I'd end up overcapping and wasting ticks then running dry later when nothing was up; I think I ultimately ended up using it less in general, but it gave me the best recovery options without risking bottoming out.
Hmmmm. As I suspected, my lucid isn't gonna come up until the end of the second primal in primal roulette. Seems super dicey to me, haha. I think I'm gonna talk to my Bard about his refreshes since they seem a little off. Maybe I can snag a mana shift from my caster too... though I suppose they'll want that for enrage foes.

Are ethers still on the same CD as pots? Because that's super lame. We haven't used pots in the fight yet but I gotta be mindful of that I suppose. Ultima was at ~32% today when we wiped so we're getting close maaaaaaaybe. Hopefully it's like my UCoB clear where we just get through it unexpectedly one evening xD

filkry

Oct 25, 2017
Welp the crossover got me back in the groove. Got the regalia, then ended up completing the my wondrous tails completely solo (had a lot of ARR extremes and second chances) and got to level 21 in Eureka and have no idea what to do now since Pagos still seems impossible.

How does Eureka work now lol

You can go to Pagos at 21 (I went at 20). For NMs you'll have to stick to the bottom half the map. I recommend making an EXP chain party to farm mobs in the lower centre a d then bailing to fight NMs when they spawn within reach.

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
You can go to Pagos at 21 (I went at 20). For NMs you'll have to stick to the bottom half the map. I recommend making an EXP chain party to farm mobs in the lower centre a d then bailing to fight NMs when they spawn within reach.
When I was low level in Pagos I would wait in the vertical canyon in the middle, so I could run to all corners of the map. Wasn't perfect, but since most of NMs popping where in top left, it felt like a necessary evil...

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm in love with my Regalia. Not gonna lie though, I wish I felt more special riding it. It's not very prestigious. I'm more jealous of the guys riding around in Omega.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is there a good wiki that keeps track of the story and characters up to the latest patch?

Specifically I've lost track over which Ascians I've dealt with permanently and which ones are still lingering around.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Did the FF15 event, do they not playtest these things on controllers? First time on Garuda Noctis died, second time beat it with him at 1% HP.

Main issue (playing on controller) is I use the d-pad left/right to switch targets and more than half the time it wouldn't target the stupid monument rocks and then when I unlock from them and hit target to warp back to her instead of immediately targeting her it would target Noctis and I'd have to waste time re-targeting to Garuda to warp back. I was fighting the targeting controls the entire time on the fight and it was really frustrating.

I feel like controller targeting is one reason why I'm hesitant to tank/heal. At least on DPS I just point at my target and if adds appear I untarget turn to them and re-target and that's the extent of targeting for DPS. Maybe I need to mess with the settings, everything is on default for targeting, never messed with it.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Did the FF15 event, do they not playtest these things on controllers? First time on Garuda Noctis died, second time beat it with him at 1% HP.

Main issue (playing on controller) is I use the d-pad left/right to switch targets and more than half the time it wouldn't target the stupid monument rocks and then when I unlock from them and hit target to warp back to her instead of immediately targeting her it would target Noctis and I'd have to waste time re-targeting to Garuda to warp back. I was fighting the targeting controls the entire time on the fight and it was really frustrating.

I feel like controller targeting is one reason why I'm hesitant to tank/heal. At least on DPS I just point at my target and if adds appear I untarget turn to them and re-target and that's the extent of targeting for DPS. Maybe I need to mess with the settings, everything is on default for targeting, never messed with it.

You need to set up the targetting filters and fiddle with the settings. I switch between controller and keyboard + mouse frequently for healing/tanking/dps and in fact used the controller for this garuda fight. Definitely look into the settings. It takes a lot of work to set the controller up correctly.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in love with my Regalia. Not gonna lie though, I wish I felt more special riding it. It's not very prestigious. I'm more jealous of the guys riding around in Omega.

Go get an Omega then!

It's really easy to heal on controller, up and down on the D-pad cycle through your party list. Also, have you used Hold L2+R1 to tab through targets? For me it's the easiest way to target on controller. I've never messed with the targeting settings, but doing these 2 things have worked fine for me.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Yeah I should mess with the controller targeting settings. Like as DPS there's almost no reason for auto-target with X to target a friendly NPC like Noctis when he's standing next to Garuda rather than Garuda itself. Guessing I can change a setting to turn off friendly targetting or at least always prioritize enemy targets when auto-targetting.

Go get an Omega then!

It's really easy to heal on controller, up and down on the D-pad cycle through your party list. Also, have you used Hold L2+R1 to tab through targets? For me it's the easiest way to target on controller. I've never messed with the targeting settings, but doing these 2 things have worked fine for me.

I do cycle targets with L1/R1 sometimes. Didn't help in this fight since that only cycles enemy targets and the monuments are non-enemies, so I was using left/right d-pad to try to swap to them.

And yeah I haven't done much healing so forgot you can change between friendlies using Up/Down.

Is there any quick controller way to mark enemies if you're the lead tank? I have no idea how to do that besides reach over and grab the mouse and right click on them but that means taking my hands off the controller mid-fight which is usually bad.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Go get an Omega then!

Lol I barely beat O9S. I'm not even gonna fuck with the rest of Alphascape. I told myself I was done with Savages because of the absurd amount of time needed to learn and practice and clear. Extremes I don't mind since they tend to be easier but Savage took its toll on me.

evilcar

Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys, I'm just getting back into this after a loooong hiatus. I have a level 41 Paladin that I enjoyed playing before and figured I would continue him over something like a Red Mage or Ninja. I'm kind of lost as to where/how I should be leveling. I just picked up Stormblood, so what is the fastest way for me to begin leveling rapidly again? I'm on PS4 Pro btw, not that it matters.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Hey guys, I'm just getting back into this after a loooong hiatus. I have a level 41 Paladin that I enjoyed playing before and figured I would continue him over something like a Red Mage or Ninja. I'm kind of lost as to where/how I should be leveling. I just picked up Stormblood, so what is the fastest way for me to begin leveling rapidly again? I'm on PS4 Pro btw, not that it matters.

Just do main quests for now then that will unlocks dailies which best sauce of extra EXP but if you only lvl41 just stick to main quests you be pretty much done before end of Stormblood

Jan 11, 2018
Question about daily roulettes: can dungeons that you've unlocked but not beaten yet show up? Or do you have to clear them once for them to be part of the selection?

Status
Not open for further replies.