• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

evilcar

Oct 25, 2017
Just do main quests for now then that will unlocks dailies which best sauce of extra EXP but if you only lvl41 just stick to main quests you be pretty much done before end of Stormblood

Thanks! I logged in the other day and didn't remember seeing any main story quests around my level, only level 50+ quests. Do I have to go back to the Sands to get something? (I think that's what it's called)

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good wiki that keeps track of the story and characters up to the latest patch?

Specifically I've lost track over which Ascians I've dealt with permanently and which ones are still lingering around.

The FF wiki does. Here's the page for Ascians. The main Ascians in the story also each have their own page with more details on their story arc.

Did the FF15 event, do they not playtest these things on controllers? First time on Garuda Noctis died, second time beat it with him at 1% HP.

Main issue (playing on controller) is I use the d-pad left/right to switch targets and more than half the time it wouldn't target the stupid monument rocks and then when I unlock from them and hit target to warp back to her instead of immediately targeting her it would target Noctis and I'd have to waste time re-targeting to Garuda to warp back. I was fighting the targeting controls the entire time on the fight and it was really frustrating.

I feel like controller targeting is one reason why I'm hesitant to tank/heal. At least on DPS I just point at my target and if adds appear I untarget turn to them and re-target and that's the extent of targeting for DPS. Maybe I need to mess with the settings, everything is on default for targeting, never messed with it.
I had zero issues with it. Maybe the rocks weren't in your field of view cause stuff outside it wont target lock. You can also do the inverse to make it easier, get Garuda/noctis out of your field of view and the only object you'll target will be the rock.
Didn't help in this fight since that only cycles enemy targets and the monuments are non-enemies, Is there any quick controller way to mark enemies if you're the lead tank? I have no idea how to do that besides reach over and grab the mouse and right click on them but that means taking my hands off the controller mid-fight which is usually bad.
Mark them with like numbers and signs? You can do that by opening the signs menu and adding them to your crossbar, then just target them and hit the button on your crossbar. I think you can also macro it to make it easier marking multiple enemies at the same time, but ive never had the need to do that so never bothered with it.

If you mean focus targeting, square button is the same as right clicking. Hitting square over an enemy will bring up the context menu for focus targeting.

Last edited:

Abhor

Oct 27, 2017
NYC
Loving the Noctis hair.

1adBUBi.jpg

Gala

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good comprehensive guide to Eureka? Maybe even in video form? I went there for the first time with my SCH and when I had to go out of the little starting town, mobs took super long to kill and barely gave any exp. I'm kinda confused.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really liked the Noctis quests, even if they felt a little inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Teaching Noct how to not die in AOEs was fun, and then having him teach the WoL how to Link-Strike was cute too.

I just wish the dorky fucking country twang music wasn't the only song that plays in the Regalia. Give me Valse di Fantastica or something, Christ.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a good comprehensive guide to Eureka? Maybe even in video form? I went there for the first time with my SCH and when I had to go out of the little starting town, mobs took super long to kill and barely gave any exp. I'm kinda confused.
Maps here: https://ffxiv-eureka.com/

For the first three zones: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/aq969j/hydatos_weaponarmor_progression_steps/egekl5t/

For the last zone: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/aq969j/hydatos_weaponarmor_progression_steps/

Oct 25, 2017
For some reason they're insistent on our PLD taking the west orbs solo and 7 of us sharing the rest. I suggested 6-2 soak so the tank is literally taking half the damage but I was voted against. Seems weird to me though!

This is actually super fascinating and I really wonder why that would be something they actively want to do. That has to suck up a decent amount of mitigation from the Paladin. I always find alternate strats fascinating, but I've sat here thinking about this long enough that I went back to pull up our old logs to confirm I wasn't underestimating how many CDs we were throwing at the solo soak, and I still can't figure out what the gain would be from having hm pop one orb and then having seven other people run through three.

I mentioned the LB thing to them too and they don't seem too concerned about it so I dunno. Will probably just take the L on the early LB. But I suppose if the DPS is there it won't matter too much.

LB gen duriing Primas is just sort of a weird fascination I have, because the game was super transparent about how hard it was trying to guarantee you had an lb3 for the final burn phase by making reprisal and addle unavailable. I'm kind of curious to see how much you guys end up building. I have wondered if the gear increases end up making the Suppression push weird; it used to be hold and wait for the Homing Laser so you could push him as low as possible before Suppression, but at this point it seems like you'd have to start holding back basically as son as Annihilation ends or decide screw it and just push him into 50 earlier on to skip out on the busters (which in turn could cause CD problems...)

It shouldn't ultimately matter much, I'm just all about building in failure padding (which is kind of how we ended up with 1-1-1-1; I wanted that extra tick of the bar before enrage Just In Case) and I now assume the tank LB is so the PLD can solo soak but WHY is he solo soaking seriously I am so curious because it just seems like making you guys heal more and tossing LB away for ?

Side note: We got to primal roulette today and got absolutely destroyed by Titan. That Viscious during weights is so much more awkward than I imagined. I think I'm just gonna save lightspeed for it because I was helios spamming and we still died! SCH forgot soil, shake was late, and we weren't quite topped off. Haha. What a combination.

Titan is a special kind of awful--You basically have five seconds between Viscous and Earthen Fury, and unless you're either holding your GCD or hit lines up perfectly part of that five seconds is getting eaten waiting for your GCD to come back up. It was a special kind of hell for our SCH as we all got super familiar with shield propagation delays, especially if he'd panic blown swift in the past 60 seconds, so we eventually just came up with ways to ease the pressure off him a bit. We did Veil instead of Shake (because we were blowing a basically fully fed Shake on booms) but then had Bubble or on third Passage handy. Ifrit and Garuda let you stand around more, and Ifrit gives you like an entire extra second to deal with his stuff, it's just Titan that's awful.

Hmmmm. As I suspected, my lucid isn't gonna come up until the end of the second primal in primal roulette. Seems super dicey to me, haha. I think I'm gonna talk to my Bard about his refreshes since they seem a little off. Maybe I can snag a mana shift from my caster too... though I suppose they'll want that for enrage foes.

Yeah, by the end of the second primal almost all of the healing is dispensed with since you just have to get through viscous so that seems late to end up doing you much good. Refresh at Predation and Suppression basically meant extended Foes at the start of Ultima, a short foes in the active phase after Predation, natural MP regen got a like... 3/4ths foes during the start of the post-annihilation active phase, then refresh during Suppression for another short foes from when Ultima comes back through boom, then more MP regen for a final 3/4ths foes for final burst. The key thing I think was that even the shorter foes would cover 10+ seconds and the 3/4ths ones came in around 20 so they were covering the height of the burst windows and during parts of the fight peopler were generally not having to disengage or spam heal so I liked his lineups.

But seriously if your bard fights you for shift make him math out how it is possibly worth more than a single malefic because I actually had to math out ticks of foe vs malefic in speed openers at one point and... you win easily, even setting aside the whole 'maybe we don't die to damage because I bottomed out'.

Are ethers still on the same CD as pots? Because that's super lame. We haven't used pots in the fight yet but I gotta be mindful of that I suppose. Ultima was at ~32% today when we wiped so we're getting close maaaaaaaybe. Hopefully it's like my UCoB clear where we just get through it unexpectedly one evening xD

Yep, they totally are, and yep, it's totally annoying. We're sort of slowly plonking through UCoB right now (my favorite part thus far is explaining the movements for Heavensfall Trio to our PLD only to have him go 'Wait, Heavensfall does proximity damage?!?' because I guess he thought we stacked in the neurolink at Nael transition for fun) and I'm popping those things like candy for rezzes. And honestly if you're pushing at a solid percentage into Suppression, it's basically just not dying and then it's over. Titan just likes to make the not dying interesting.

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I really liked the Noctis quests, even if they felt a little inconsequential in the grand scheme of things. Teaching Noct how to not die in AOEs was fun, and then having him teach the WoL how to Link-Strike was cute too.

I just wish the dorky fucking country twang music wasn't the only song that plays in the Regalia. Give me Valse di Fantastica or something, Christ.

I used a music swapper to change the music. Only downside is I have to revert it and redo it every patch that changes the music file

The music choice makes sense, but not the one I wanted lol

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I used a music swapper to change the music. Only downside is I have to revert it and redo it every patch that changes the music file

The music choice makes sense, but not the one I wanted lol

I just hope they patch it so the Regalia can have more than one song. It's the Regalia. Lots of songs is kind of its thing!

Balfour

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they patch it so the Regalia can have more than one song. It's the Regalia. Lots of songs is kind of its thing!

If I remember. They can't because of how the game recognizes and picks songs. If they were to attempt it, they would need to overhaul the entire music system. And thus have to also rework the orchestration and etc.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
After hours of waiting for people to join this PF, I have been left with nothing.

This is depressing and miserable. Why wont Square Enix just let me buy this shit, no one is doing these savage raids anymore holy shit

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
People are still scared of Brute Justice for some reason. It's pretty much facerollable now as long as you can figure out how to hide behind a leg. When my group did it near the middle of SB we still did gavel but I don't think that's necessary anymore.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
I remember taking out Brute Justice with a two or three-man party once. Maybe you could have luck doing it with a reduced size group?
People are still scared of Brute Justice for some reason. It's pretty much facerollable now as long as you can hide behind a leg.
I don't trust people, I have had full 8 man parties not meet enough dps checks to skip and not get the idea of the leg thing

Reduced parties aren't gonna help

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Quick question, will I ever have a use for Tether with RDM? I'd rather remove it completely from my hotbar just for convenience since I never use it.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Ever since Shirogane housing released I've wanted a house there but had to settle for one in the Goblet. This morning I was doing dailies and as always checked if there was a Shirogane plot open. For the first time since I started to do this I saw an open S plot. Rushed over there and saw 4-5 people standing just outside it but I guess they were all AFK because I ran up and transfered my housing no problem. FEELS GOOD!

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
Ever since Shirogane housing released I've wanted a house there but had to settle for one in the Goblet. This morning I was doing dailies and as always checked if there was a Shirogane plot open. For the first time since I started to do this I saw an open S plot. Rushed over there and saw 4-5 people standing just outside it but I guess they were all AFK because I ran up and transfered my housing no problem. FEELS GOOD!
Grats on the house. They were probably waiting for the random invisible timer to go away, but when transferring the timer is ignored, so you were able to grab it right in front of them.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
\o/ Almost all done with Omega content, got all my BiS and some extra stuff for alt jobs. Need 2 more 12 clears for the group for everyone that was absent to have 8 books then we are finally going to start working towards UWU. I'm happy I'll have plenty to do still until ShB xD

Mezati99

Banned
Feb 6, 2019
Planet Earth
the DPS queqs are fucking nightmare HOLY SHIT

what the fuck man is there anyway to approve this? i had to fucking wait ONE HOUR to do deltascape v2 dungeon

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018
Isn't deltascape old content? So you have content no one is queuing for plus being a dps against you. Best option is to get a tank or healer friend to queue with you or see if you can get a quick party through party finder.

Edit; no autocorrect I don't mean Dow instead of dps

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Where can you repurchase the level 70 artifact gear? I wanna put some of them in the glamour dresser but I'm afraid of losing them forever.

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Lv70 artifact Job gear can be rebought form the Calamity Salvagers. And yeah, you can retrieve gear from the Glamour Dresser at anytime.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
the DPS queqs are fucking nightmare HOLY SHIT

what the fuck man is there anyway to approve this? i had to fucking wait ONE HOUR to do deltascape v2 dungeon
usually they aren't that bad, but if you also queued in around the time of your post, you weren't exactly doing it during hours people were actually playing the game unless you're in europe.

older 8 man raids (Alexander and the previous floors of Omega) have the longest queue times out of anything, since people don't queue up for them manually anymore and they're only filled up via the raid roulette now.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
You can take stuff back out of the dresser.
Lv70 artifact Job gear can be rebought form the Calamity Salvagers. And yeah, you can retrieve gear from the Glamour Dresser at anytime.

Oh shit. I must have read it wrong then. I could've sworn that message you get when you put an item in there says you can't ever retrieve it. Good to know.

In other news, my FC just disbanded while I was in a dungeon. It left me very confused. No more exp bonus for me.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Oh shit. I must have read it wrong then. I could've sworn that message you get when you put an item in there says you can't ever retrieve it. Good to know.

When it first launched, you couldn't take it back out of the dresser. Now, I think it just resets your spirit bond if you put a piece in and take it back out.

Firebrand

Oct 25, 2017
I find it a bit odd that the Calamity Salvager doesn't offer the Red Attire Coffer from the lvl 50 RDM quest, or the gear in it. It's not particularly remarkable, but I don't want to delete it and it's taking up several inventory slots.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Guys what is happening? I'm sitting here WANTING to grind out Eureka.

Sitting here trying to max out DRK for the expansion and this horrible itch compels me to grind out the Trex and further. They fucking got me.

KingFrost92

Oct 26, 2017
Oregon
Is there an ERA cross-world linkshell that may be open for joining? I'm getting back into this and sadly the FC that I was in a few years ago is mostly dead silent now. I need people to hang with while I'm grinding up to 60 again!

If anyone has a hookup for an FC on Diabolos I'd also happily take an invitation. My few friends who play this are one there, so I didn't want to make another character on Ultima just to join the Era FC.

Anyway, I haven't touched this since pre-Stormblood. It's wild to see all these people just driving FFXV cars across the landscape haha.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I need to change my two battlecraft retainers to NIN before Shadowbringers. They're Gladiators now, but I doubt I will level PLD to 80. I don't want them stuck at 70. I'm thinking of buying two retainer level jump potions. Leveling retainers takes forever.

Astral

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Just got RDM to 70. What an easy and simple class. Just what I wanted lol. I wonder why they made it so simple. By level 68 it's pretty much done. Level 70 just gets you Verflare again except it's white magic. I hope in ShB it gets Haste. It also needs combo actions for Moulinet just like Riposte. I think I'll get my DPS classes to ilevel 375-380ish. My RDM is only 304 because I never had a reason to pick up any gear for it before now. That ilevel is uncomfortably low.

I'm also finally doing Alexander stuff and it's really tedious. Why is it so long? Why is it 12?

Valkerion

Oct 29, 2017
Just made it to Stone Vigil, hoping to finally get a full set of dungeon gear but one run of a dungeon and im leveled pretty good lol. I know its not the hugest deal atm but the completionist in me wants it.

Also whats the hot take on Marauder these days. Might make that my next class to take a break from Ninja duty timers.

MechaX

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also finally doing Alexander stuff and it's really tedious. Why is it so long? Why is it 12?

Are you talking about the trials?

Because at the time of release for each, they were separated roughly 6 months apart across 3 tiers of 4 bosses. It would have been a bit of a disaster if they launched with less

Status
Not open for further replies.