• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Anyone here on Mateus? What's the MB like? Heard some mention on Reddit that prices on items (typically glam due to RP) tend to be significantly higher than other servers. With the free server transfer in effect, kind of interested in joining an RP server, but not sure if it's worth it if stuff costs a lot more than where I'm currently at.

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018
Anyone here on Mateus? What's the MB like? Heard some mention on Reddit that prices on items (typically glam due to RP) tend to be significantly higher than other servers. With the free server transfer in effect, kind of interested in joining an RP server, but not sure if it's worth it if stuff costs a lot more than where I'm currently at.

With the World Visit system you can buy items from MBs on other servers, so you'd have to look at the overall data center. If you're already on the same data center then MB prices aren't something to really worry about.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
With the World Visit system you can buy items from MBs on other servers, so you'd have to look at the overall data center. If you're already on the same data center then MB prices aren't something to really worry about.

I'm on Aether right now so would have to switch data centers, but I guess with being able to use all the MBs on the data center hopefully means some servers should have decent prices on stuff. I am curious how prices end up going in the next few months and whether prices just stabilize across servers. Thanks.

Last edited:

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
SlickVic you can use a website like http://www.mogboard.com/ to find prices on other servers real fast. Mog board captures data directly from the companion app api.

There's another website but it uses third party tools people have installed that isn't open sourced on github which makes it extremely icky to me.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
SlickVic you can use a website like http://www.mogboard.com/ to find prices on other servers real fast. Mog board captures data directly from the companion app api.

There's another website but it uses third party tools people have installed that isn't open sourced on github which makes it extremely icky to me.

I used mogboard to go on a cross-server shopping spree last night. I managed to get the Heaven-on-high jump puzzle thingie for my front yard for about 160k!

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
I've been on Mateus for over a year now.

The MB is more expensive than most servers, but with world visit it should adjust. The prices aren't as high as say, Jenova, but glams in particular seem to go higher than average. Furnishings are relatively cheap though, as well as many mats.

My FC mate made 9 mil in one day just selling potions, so there are definitely markets to fill.
(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440072488509112330/569609999765078016/unknown.png)

Mateus' MB is very competitive at the very least and stuff sells fast as long as you watch your prices to make sure you aren't too far undercut. But even if you're like, 3rd or 4th down from the top people will buy your stuff if the price is right. I make my money predominately through fish as Mateus doesn't have a lot of dedicated fishers.

For now.
Since more people are subbed due to it being needed to transfer.
But if you look at clear rates for each DC crystal is indeed lacking.

I know it is a small sample size but last night I ran some expert roulettes and some alliance raids and completed them without any issues that I usually see from pugs sometimes. Very few deaths and we had enough DPS to skip phases in some of the boss fights in Lighthouse.

Because the Crystal DC is full of less end game raiders, the DF queues are always popping as people are doing all sorts of content. As far as endgame raiding goes, the clear rates are lower yes, but that's like saying you can never raid in NA servers just because we don't have the same clear rates as Japan. You can raid just fine on any DC, you only need to find seven other decent enough people in a sea of thousands. :P

Last edited:

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I only play casually but still want to do all the content I can, I have aquestion tho, 220ms ping is reaaaaaally bad for this game right? even if I wouldn't raid? I wanted to play on a JP server to practice the language but that what I get.
As long as its a stable 220 with no packet losses then you can do any content in the game with that ping. It won't feel the greatest but it's 100% doable.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur

The MB is more expensive than most servers, but with world visit it should adjust. The prices aren't as high as say, Jenova, but glams in particular seem to go higher than average. Furnishings are relatively cheap though, as well as many mats.

My FC mate made 9 mil in one day just selling potions, so there are definitely markets to fill.
(https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/440072488509112330/569609999765078016/unknown.png)

Mateus' MB is very competitive at the very least and stuff sells fast as long as you watch your prices to make sure you aren't too far undercut. But even if you're like, 3rd or 4th down from the top people will buy your stuff if the price is right. I make my money predominately through fish as Mateus doesn't have a lot of dedicated fishers.

I know it is a small sample size but last night I ran some expert roulettes and some alliance raids and completed them without any issues that I usually see from pugs sometimes. Very few deaths and we had enough DPS to skip phases in some of the boss fights in Lighthouse.

Because the Crystal DC is full of less end game raiders, the DF queues are always popping as people are doing all sorts of content. As far as endgame raiding goes, the clear rates are lower yes, but that's like saying you can never raid in NA servers just because we don't have the same clear rates as Japan. You can raid just fine on any DC, you only need to find seven other decent enough people in a sea of thousands. :P
had friends that was playing from eu on na dc that had 200+ ms ping. they still play fine, just cant weave ogcd abilities as much. with that ping they decide not to do savage content tho but everything else is fine

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA

Thanks for sharing that info on mogboard. Definitely will come in handy. I think I heard of that other site before but didn't know how accurate it would be using third party tools. Glad people are putting data from the companion app to good use to track MB prices.

Thanks appreciate the info on Mateus. Think I may check it out before the free transfer period ends and see if I like it better than my current server.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Forward and back and then forward and back and then go forward and back and put one foot forward.

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
CLEARED UwU FINALLY

MHs8O2o.jpg

I'm so bad I actually ran into the landslide during Annihilation. Like actually sprinted into it. Probably my worst run of the night, but I suppose that's par for the course, haha. But a clear is a clear! Ended up buying the WHM cane just because I'm not a fan of the AST globe (plus I already have UCoB AST globe anywaaay)

AST PoV: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxdh0A9KN6I

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
So I decided to level my DRK from 51 up to bring it into Shadowbringers. First problem was it's been like a year since I got it from 30-51 and I forgot how to tank and how to play DRK. After a couple hours, back in the hang of it, doing my daily roulette leveling and job quests and HW Beast tribe 6 dailies a day. When I hit 53 I tried the command squadron again because my first experience with them as a tank was beyond awful at lvl.50 post-msq dungeons with them and I could not finish the one I tried and gave up. But everyone says Sohm Ai is great for leveling with them so I gave it a shot.

I feel like Command Squadron is meant to work for leveling DPS classes, because the tank AI doesn't have to do much besides keep whacking on most bosses while dodging stuff and the healer AI just needs to heal them.

The problem with this as a Tank is that Yoshi-P and crew made an active decision TO NOT HAVE DPS EVER TARGET ADDS IN BOSS FIGHTS. Which means that as a tank, in a fight like the first plant boss of Sohm Ai, I have to be tanking the enemy in front of me, dodging shit and targeting each add as it appears and using the touchpad on the DS4 or grab a mouse to hit ENGAGE (is there a shortcut to jump to the squad commands on a DS4??) and not only that, but because once they kill one add that will just sit and do nothing or attack the main boss even if there's another add, while tanking and dodging and staying alive and watching the next move the boss will throw out from their bar I also have to watch the add HP and immediately target the next add once they kill an add and hit engage again and keep doing this.

If the dev team just spent a little time on each of these squad command dungeons (there aren't many) and wrote a script/macro for the DPS AI to go after adds when they appear on a boss fight, it would be so.much.more.playable and not frustrating as hell.

Anyhow, the other half of the coin is that somehow they have insane HP even downleveled? At lvl.54 downlevel the DPS has like 16k HP each whereas I'm rocking all the best of slot lvl.53 gear as DRK and I have like a little over 10k HP. So what this means is that the squad hardly ever dies, but I can.

I found out pretty quick that this miss for a lot of the bosses you can just face tank them and not do their mechanics and still kill them before they kill you if using all your cooldowns when you need them as tank. That plant boss? Can ignore all the bees and still win. 2nd T-rex boss, can ignore all the jellies and still win, only on the final boss do I need to tell my team to engage each dragon wing during the meteor phase or it never ends.

So yeah, the AI is so incredibly dumb, but just powering through Sohm AI I can get through in about 20 mins and gain almost an entire level with full rest + the 30% xp item from Shadowbringers pre-order + 3% food + combo chains in the dungeon. Also there's no pressure since I'm still re-learning tank from other players as I make mistakes. And getting all the drops in the dungeon is pretty nice even if most of them are still for other classes that you can't use but can trade into GC Seals for like 7,000-10,000 seals per run almost.

But yeah, the fact the AI DPS do not target adds is just bewildering since it's like an essential part of their job for boss fights. It'd be like the AI tank deciding to go after the adds and not tank the boss during add phase or the healer not healing the tank. I don't understand why they have this, especially with Trusts coming. If they can fix this it'd make the AI a lot more useful.

Ok, so doing a few runs of that I got from mid-51 to mid-54 tonight, which is pretty good for 3-4 hours. But I've got a couple things still holding me back that I need some tips on:

In dungeons with real people I have no idea how much I can pull. Like my gear is near-top notch for whatever level, and I use my 20% damage reduction / 30% magic / 20 or 30% parry, etc... cooldowns pretty regularly. But with the AI on these HW dungeons if I pull more than 1 group I die so I don't know if these dungeons like Dusk Vigil and Sohm Ai are hard like that or if it's just because the AI healer is not good. So with real people should I try to pull more than 1 group at a time? I've got grit up.

Next question, I've yet to do any of the post-ARR lvl.50 content. I haven't done their Extremes unsync, I haven't done Crystal Tower, or the lvl.50+ dungeons. I'd like to try to do Crystal Tower but I'm nervous that because I've never tanked these (I've done them a ton of times though; mostly world of darkness because that always pops in the roulette) and since there's only 1 tank per party that if I don't do things right I'm gonna get our team dead and kill the raid and uhhh that's a lot of pressure! I'm less nervous about doing the Ex stuff I just gotta referesh on the fights. Ideally I'd like to clear every fight/dungeon with a DPS & a Tank and a Healer just to get all 3 experiences (maybe with a ranged DPS too since I main NIN and ranged feels like it'd be pretty different playing; might go with Dancer for that). So basically my question is what's it like going into a 1 tank alliance raid for the first time?

My last question is DRK specific. I play on DS4, I have no problems with NIN doing this, with DRK I got Salted earth at lvl.52 and it's great but WHY DO YOU HAVE TO AIM IT. Coming from NIN who just throws down the Mudon where they're standing and I can instantly work it into rotations, with Salted Earth it feels so clumsy on a controller and I have to like stop, press the attack, move the cursor to where the enemy is and hit X. Not only does this take a few seconds, but I keep running into a situation about 1/4 times where I have the location marker sitting right in front of me where the enemy is and I'm hitting X and nothing's happening and it's not registering and there's no error message about why it's not registering and I have to hit O to quit out of the move, then do it again and move it to the same spot and hit X and then it works. I have no idea why that's happening, but I hate aiming moves. NIN has their teleport setup the same way and even though it has uses, I don't even keep that move on my crossbar because I have the same issue with aiming it quickly on a controller. I got for like magic spells or teleport why you have to place it somewhere but for salted earth why doesn't the move just drop where you are like Mudon?? I never want it anywhere besides where I am since that's where the enemy I'm tanking is.

Anyhow sorry for the long rant! Tanking Ravana (hard) at lvl.53 was fun! Hadn't done the fight in like 2 years and was a bit challenging still and very enjoyable.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
In dungeons with real people I have no idea how much I can pull. Like my gear is near-top notch for whatever level, and I use my 20% damage reduction / 30% magic / 20 or 30% parry, etc... cooldowns pretty regularly. But with the AI on these HW dungeons if I pull more than 1 group I die so I don't know if these dungeons like Dusk Vigil and Sohm Ai are hard like that or if it's just because the AI healer is not good. So with real people should I try to pull more than 1 group at a time? I've got grit up.

Next question, I've yet to do any of the post-ARR lvl.50 content. I haven't done their Extremes unsync, I haven't done Crystal Tower, or the lvl.50+ dungeons. I'd like to try to do Crystal Tower but I'm nervous that because I've never tanked these (I've done them a ton of times though; mostly world of darkness because that always pops in the roulette) and since there's only 1 tank per party that if I don't do things right I'm gonna get our team dead and kill the raid and uhhh that's a lot of pressure! I'm less nervous about doing the Ex stuff I just gotta referesh on the fights. Ideally I'd like to clear every fight/dungeon with a DPS & a Tank and a Healer just to get all 3 experiences (maybe with a ranged DPS too since I main NIN and ranged feels like it'd be pretty different playing; might go with Dancer for that). So basically my question is what's it like going into a 1 tank alliance raid for the first time?

My last question is DRK specific. I play on DS4, I have no problems with NIN doing this, with DRK I got Salted earth at lvl.52 and it's great but WHY DO YOU HAVE TO AIM IT. Coming from NIN who just throws down the Mudon where they're standing and I can instantly work it into rotations, with Salted Earth it feels so clumsy on a controller and I have to like stop, press the attack, move the cursor to where the enemy is and hit X. Not only does this take a few seconds, but I keep running into a situation about 1/4 times where I have the location marker sitting right in front of me where the enemy is and I'm hitting X and nothing's happening and it's not registering and there's no error message about why it's not registering and I have to hit O to quit out of the move, then do it again and move it to the same spot and hit X and then it works. I have no idea why that's happening, but I hate aiming moves. NIN has their teleport setup the same way and even though it has uses, I don't even keep that move on my crossbar because I have the same issue with aiming it quickly on a controller. I got for like magic spells or teleport why you have to place it somewhere but for salted earth why doesn't the move just drop where you are like Mudon?? I never want it anywhere besides where I am since that's where the enemy I'm tanking is.
Gonna parse this by paragraph.

It all depends on your healer and party mainly. If you have DPSes that are using their AoEs and you have a healer that is actively doing their job, then pulling mutliple packs is standard. How much you pull can vary depending on the dungeon, and you generally don't want to pull large packs of mobs in lower level dungeons as less jobs have their AoEs skills there and healers have less tools under their belt. The only real way to know for sure is to test the waters with your healer; if they are DPSing more than healing, you can probably pull more. If it seems like the healer has to spam spells just to keep you alive even with cooldowns, you probably pulled a little much or are not running a level 70 dungeon. At level 70, DRKs should be able to pull as much as they want with The Blackest Night skill and their Dark Arts+Abyssal Drain combo (with Quietus+Dark Arts for MB gain). DRKs should have nearly no way of dying in dungeons at level 70 unless the healer is not paying attention or the DRK player is not too well versed in how the job works. Or some crazy mechanic kills them, I dunno, I don't really die as DRK.

Tanking in alliance raids is a shitshow (TM). Tanks are either constantly fighting for aggro or one tank becomes the only tank for the whole run and if that tank dies the off-tanks suddenly have to do their job and a few innocent healers die in the process. Generally the main tank is gonna be either the one with the most HP or the one with the better gear, as they will gain aggro faster and stronger anyway. Sometimes tanks call it out when they want to tank. Protip: if a different alliance's tank is fighting you for aggro and you want to give it to them, shirk will not work on them. Instead, shirk the DPS in your party with the lowest amount of aggro to dump your aggro on. It'll solve a headache.

I got a macro to solve this for you as I also play on controller.

/ac "Salted Earth" <t>
/ac "Salted Earth"
/micon "Salted Earth"

copy this macro exactly as it appears above. ^

What is does is that it'll drop Salted Earth on whatever you have currently targeted... a boss, a party member, a training dummy, an ugly minion... etc. The second line lets you freely place it if you have nothing targeted. The third line gives it the right icon.

All I have to do is mash the button and I never have to aim it. The only issue is that SINCE it's a macro, sometimes you HAVE to mash to get it to work, but as long as you are in melee range of your target it will work. You can even do it while sprinting.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
So I decided to level my DRK from 51 up to bring it into Shadowbringers. First problem was it's been like a year since I got it from 30-51 and I forgot how to tank and how to play DRK. After a couple hours, back in the hang of it, doing my daily roulette leveling and job quests and HW Beast tribe 6 dailies a day. When I hit 53 I tried the command squadron again because my first experience with them as a tank was beyond awful at lvl.50 post-msq dungeons with them and I could not finish the one I tried and gave up. But everyone says Sohm Ai is great for leveling with them so I gave it a shot.

I feel like Command Squadron is meant to work for leveling DPS classes, because the tank AI doesn't have to do much besides keep whacking on most bosses while dodging stuff and the healer AI just needs to heal them.

The problem with this as a Tank is that Yoshi-P and crew made an active decision TO NOT HAVE DPS EVER TARGET ADDS IN BOSS FIGHTS. Which means that as a tank, in a fight like the first plant boss of Sohm Ai, I have to be tanking the enemy in front of me, dodging shit and targeting each add as it appears and using the touchpad on the DS4 or grab a mouse to hit ENGAGE (is there a shortcut to jump to the squad commands on a DS4??) and not only that, but because once they kill one add that will just sit and do nothing or attack the main boss even if there's another add, while tanking and dodging and staying alive and watching the next move the boss will throw out from their bar I also have to watch the add HP and immediately target the next add once they kill an add and hit engage again and keep doing this.

If the dev team just spent a little time on each of these squad command dungeons (there aren't many) and wrote a script/macro for the DPS AI to go after adds when they appear on a boss fight, it would be so.much.more.playable and not frustrating as hell.

Anyhow, the other half of the coin is that somehow they have insane HP even downleveled? At lvl.54 downlevel the DPS has like 16k HP each whereas I'm rocking all the best of slot lvl.53 gear as DRK and I have like a little over 10k HP. So what this means is that the squad hardly ever dies, but I can.

I found out pretty quick that this miss for a lot of the bosses you can just face tank them and not do their mechanics and still kill them before they kill you if using all your cooldowns when you need them as tank. That plant boss? Can ignore all the bees and still win. 2nd T-rex boss, can ignore all the jellies and still win, only on the final boss do I need to tell my team to engage each dragon wing during the meteor phase or it never ends.

So yeah, the AI is so incredibly dumb, but just powering through Sohm AI I can get through in about 20 mins and gain almost an entire level with full rest + the 30% xp item from Shadowbringers pre-order + 3% food + combo chains in the dungeon. Also there's no pressure since I'm still re-learning tank from other players as I make mistakes. And getting all the drops in the dungeon is pretty nice even if most of them are still for other classes that you can't use but can trade into GC Seals for like 7,000-10,000 seals per run almost.

But yeah, the fact the AI DPS do not target adds is just bewildering since it's like an essential part of their job for boss fights. It'd be like the AI tank deciding to go after the adds and not tank the boss during add phase or the healer not healing the tank. I don't understand why they have this, especially with Trusts coming. If they can fix this it'd make the AI a lot more useful.

Ok, so doing a few runs of that I got from mid-51 to mid-54 tonight, which is pretty good for 3-4 hours. But I've got a couple things still holding me back that I need some tips on:

Anyhow sorry for the long rant! Tanking Ravana (hard) at lvl.53 was fun! Hadn't done the fight in like 2 years and was a bit challenging still and very enjoyable.
Not 100% sure but i think you can add the squadron commands to your Cross hotbar by adding them from the Orders list in actions and traits menu.

Depends on the dungeon and your group. Leveling dungeons tend to hit harder cause of the lv sync and others players possibly having subpar gear or still learning their job. So you'll have to get a feel for it, pull a room and if the dps is high enough and the heals are keeping you alive easily pull more next time. Once you have an idea of what you need to survive you can just inspect the gear of the other players while everyone is loading in and go from there. For lv 50, 60, & 70 dungeons theyre usually tuned for the lower end Ilv range for those lvs so if you and the healer are decently geared you can usually pull the full 2 rooms to the roadblock/boss entrance without issue most of the time.

Alliance raids are a cakewalk, especially if you've done them once before as a dps and have a rough idea what to expect. Usually 1 (or more than 1 tank) will take lead and pull acting as the main tank for the raid, while the rest act as dps/tanks for trash when they pop. As an off tank for World of Darkness youre expected to grab 1 of the three chimeras near the start, dont really do anything special in Angra Mainyu, same for the dragon, you'll MT the atomos for your group try not to fall down cause he'll attack someone else (not a big deal if you do happen to fall though), Cerberus you'll need to grab the trash so they dont murder the healers and help with the chains if youre free, and Cloud of Darkness requires you to stand on your correct spot during the add phase so you can main tank the trash that spawns for your group. Only other thing you need to watch out for as an off tank is if the main tank dies so you can grab aggro and keep the boss from murdering the whole raid. If youre main tanking, most of these bosses are simple tank and spank without complex mechanics. Extreme Trials and 8 man raids are a little bit more varied, some have tank swaps you have to perform when the MT gets a specific number of stacks or they'll have moves you'll have to mitigate/take the brunt of the damage while the MT is on the boss but just let the other tank know this is your first time doing the boss as a tank and ask if theres anything you should look out for if youre wary.

Targeted spells will remember the last position you set them on till you log out. So you can just pop the move after logging in and position the circle closer to you or on top of you if thats how you prefer it. Then just pop it and hit X to have it land on top of you. You can also use a macro to have it just land on your enemy, but you'll need to deal with macro lag if you go that route. It should be something like:

Code:
/micon "Salted Earth" action
/ac "Salted Earth" <t>

Then just add the macro to your hotbar.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Thanks for the tips Hyperferret and Killthee. Lots of good info. This is my first job learning tanking.

So I've never had a tank swap yet, is the way it works that when you're off tank you DPS and stay away from aggro moves and when it's time to switch you just cast Provoke to jump to the top of the target list and switch to your aggro rotation?

And then if you're MT and swapping when it's time to swap you cast Shirk on the other tank? I don't even have Shirk on my crossbar because I've never had a reason to use it yet.

Because unlike a DPS, I feel like I want most of the damage reduction cooldowns on my crossbar, I'm actually out of space. I put Living Dead on bar two just in case I ever need to use it and the all enemy provoke there too. For crossbar I use the version with 16 main commands and then another two sets of 4 by double tapping L2 or R2 which gives me 20 total. It's perfect for my NIN but with a bunch of commands still to get with DRK I'm not sure what I'm gonna do honestly. Maybe put cooldowns on bar 2 but then I can't see when they're ready again.

So that macro sounds awesome, but in the 2.5 years I've been playing now I've never touched macros and have no idea where and how to make one. Is there a good intro guide to making macros?

Gonna try the Alliance Roulette on CT tomorrow and see how it goes. I did the lvl.54 job quest just now and got the leap move and not sure whether I should be using it as an initial aggro move replacing the drk version of shield throw or if I should be using it as a DPS move to toss in every time it's done cooling down with Dark Arts buff first. At some point I probably should read a DRK guide to see the best use of all their moves.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the tips Hyperferret and Killthee. Lots of good info. This is my first job learning tanking.

So I've never had a tank swap yet, is the way it works that when you're off tank you DPS and stay away from aggro moves and when it's time to switch you just cast Provoke to jump to the top of the target list and switch to your aggro rotation?

And then if you're MT and swapping when it's time to swap you cast Shirk on the other tank? I don't even have Shirk on my crossbar because I've never had a reason to use it yet.

Because unlike a DPS, I feel like I want most of the damage reduction cooldowns on my crossbar, I'm actually out of space. I put Living Dead on bar two just in case I ever need to use it and the all enemy provoke there too. For crossbar I use the version with 16 main commands and then another two sets of 4 by double tapping L2 or R2 which gives me 20 total. It's perfect for my NIN but with a bunch of commands still to get with DRK I'm not sure what I'm gonna do honestly. Maybe put cooldowns on bar 2 but then I can't see when they're ready again.

So that macro sounds awesome, but in the 2.5 years I've been playing now I've never touched macros and have no idea where and how to make one. Is there a good intro guide to making macros?

Gonna try the Alliance Roulette on CT tomorrow and see how it goes. I did the lvl.54 job quest just now and got the leap move and not sure whether I should be using it as an initial aggro move replacing the drk version of shield throw or if I should be using it as a DPS move to toss in every time it's done cooling down with Dark Arts buff first. At some point I probably should read a DRK guide to see the best use of all their moves.
You don't need to specifically avoid your threat moves, it's more that for all of the tanks the threat combo is not the highest dps combo to begin with, and if you don't need aggro you might as well do more damage instead.

As for the shirk, you need to do it AFTER the provoke from the other tank, otherwise you're just dumping your threat onto them and then they're provoking and moving to your new (lower) threat level. Thankfully, provoke has one of the most obvious spell effects in the game, you'll get very used to watching for it. If you haven't yet, make a shirk macro that targets the second party member (Would have to google it offhand), since that's ALWAYS your co-tank.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

Pretty much, you'll also want to switch stances/turn on and off grit depending on whether your MT/OT.

I dont use the double tap commands, I prefer the combo keys (L2+R2 & R2+L2) which gives access to 32 binds without switching pages. 1 & 3 are my main bars and 2 is filled with situational stuff like LB for tank, sleep on BLM, protect on healer, etc... Most of my big defensive cooldowns are on bar 3, you can get around not knowing when the cooldown is over by adding hot bars to your hud so the icon is always viewable. Here's an image of what i mean on my blm:

phxucC9.png

4 of those skills are on bar 3 and when i hit any of them on my controller the hotbar version shows the cd timer so i know when its available again.

No guide that i know of. Press Start (options on ds4 I think), scroll all the way left, then down a few for the User Macro menu. Pick a slot, type what Hyperferret posted, then add it to your crosshotbar by pressing square on the macro icon. There's also a glossary of commands you can view by clicking the button underneath the macro text area.

Unmend is the dark knight shield lob iirc. The recast timer on Plunge is too long to use it as a shield lob for every trash pack in dungeons, its more of an Onslaught/Tackle where you can use it to quickly rush to a target like if a MT on the other side of the room dies and you need to rush to the boss quick or a cone attack is being done and youre some distance from the boss or you're just impatient and want to use it as a shield lob.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
God finding housing on my server (Excalibur) sucks. Been at it for days now. I'm not going to be one of those people that stands in front of a plot for 20 plus hours. Usually periodically run through and check.

It feels like it's going to take insane luck to get one. I have a feeling a lot of the people trying to snag one are running autoclicker bots or those macros on logitech keyboards.

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018
God finding housing on my server (Excalibur) sucks. Been at it for days now. I'm not going to be one of those people that stands in front of a plot for 20 plus hours. Usually periodically run through and check.

It feels like it's going to take insane luck to get one. I have a feeling a lot of the people trying to snag one are running autoclicker bots or those macros on logitech keyboards.

Isn't Excal a high pop server? Good luck on ever getting a house there.

Honestly SE should make Apartments have options to be bigger (as large as large houses) and give them a balcony that lets you do 3 garden plots as well. If they did that I'd give up my large plot because I don't really care about the outside stuff.

Oct 27, 2017
Isn't Excal a high pop server? Good luck on ever getting a house there.

Honestly SE should make Apartments have options to be bigger (as large as large houses) and give them a balcony that lets you do 3 garden plots as well. If they did that I'd give up my large plot because I don't really care about the outside stuff.

I'd be totally down for a swank apartment. Yeah it's a high pop server. I'll keep checking but just going to check for new listings when bored so pretty rarely

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally did it, redeemed a stormblood code i bought way back in 2017 for $12 and logged in for my 7 day trial. I have no idea what I should be doing besides trying to get the regalia. I last played back when coil was still being released and have a lvl 50 smn with i70 gear. Should I just focus on getting that to 70 via MSQ? I was thinking about trying bard or warrior as well but idk how I should level alt classes outside of class quests, are bard and warrior good solo/duo classes?

Saw that i got put in the novice network thing, maybe i should give it a shot. I'm in Lamia btw, anyone else on this server?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
So I finally did it, redeemed a stormblood code i bought way back in 2017 for $12 and logged in for my 7 day trial. I have no idea what I should be doing besides trying to get the regalia. I last played back when coil was still being released and have a lvl 50 smn with i70 gear. Should I just focus on getting that to 70 via MSQ? I was thinking about trying bard or warrior as well but idk how I should level alt classes outside of class quests, are bard and warrior good solo/duo classes?

Saw that i got put in the novice network thing, maybe i should give it a shot. I'm in Lamia btw, anyone else on this server?
Well if you're playing just 7 days, it will be tough getting the Regalia. Not impossible, but tough because of the MGP cost, in 7days only you can't use 2x weeklies so that'll mean a bunch of grinding minigames. And you probably want to focus on that first before you do any other random stuff. If you're planning to sub for a month or whatever after your 7days are up however, that's different(still the FFXV event isn't forever, but you can use next week's weeklies to get more MGP without grinding).

If you do plan on playing more and stuff, yes to the MSQ, basically when you logged in you should have a Scenario Guide UI element in the top left of your screen, should be on by default and since it didn't exist when you last played you shouldn't have been able to hide it(open HUD layout and right click it to show if it's hidden). This will guide you to the next MSQ. Note that you have to do all of an expansion's MSQ before you can progress to next. This means doing all of ARR 2.1 to 2.5 MSQ content, which is quite a lot of quests, before you can even step in Heavensward areas. That's the best way to level your first class however as it both gives good xp and unlocks virtually all content.

Everyone can solo fine. The way to level alts generally is doing your daily roulette(picks a random dungeon within the roulette category and gives a huge daily bonus) and then doing either dungeons if fast queues(tanks and healers) or palace of the dead if not. I recommend checking the palace of the dead official page to see how it works an stuff but basically it's a separate leveling system with kinda randomized dungeon runs that don't require a healer or a tank. You progress through 10floors at a time and that's what people spam for xp for leveling, once you reach 50 you can do 51-60 over and over for great xp until you die of boredom.

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018

WAR is a tank and thus is really easy to level by just spamming the highest level dungeon after you do your roulettes for the day. If you enjoy SMN/SCH I would say take that to 70 first. Overall you level every job through the daily roulettes and the highest level dungeon you can do. There is also Palace of the dead and squadron missions, but you'll have to unlock those.

Honestly the novice networks sometimes have issues with "mentors" being people that have no clue what they're talking about. You might also get "advice" that is actively detrimental to performing you role/job correctly.

Razgriz417

Oct 25, 2017
Well if you're playing just 7 days, it will be tough getting the Regalia. Not impossible, but tough because of the MGP cost, in 7days only you can't use 2x weeklies so that'll mean a bunch of grinding minigames. And you probably want to focus on that first before you do any other random stuff. If you're planning to sub for a month or whatever after your 7days are up however, that's different(still the FFXV event isn't forever, but you can use next week's weeklies to get more MGP without grinding).

If you do plan on playing more and stuff, yes to the MSQ, basically when you logged in you should have a Scenario Guide UI element in the top left of your screen, should be on by default and since it didn't exist when you last played you shouldn't have been able to hide it(open HUD layout and right click it to show if it's hidden). This will guide you to the next MSQ. Note that you have to do all of an expansion's MSQ before you can progress to next. This means doing all of ARR 2.1 to 2.5 MSQ content, which is quite a lot of quests, before you can even step in Heavensward areas. That's the best way to level your first class however as it both gives good xp and unlocks virtually all content.

Everyone can solo fine. The way to level alts generally is doing your daily roulette(picks a random dungeon within the roulette category and gives a huge daily bonus) and then doing either dungeons if fast queues(tanks and healers) or palace of the dead if not. I recommend checking the palace of the dead official page to see how it works an stuff but basically it's a separate leveling system with kinda randomized dungeon runs that don't require a healer or a tank. You progress through 10floors at a time and that's what people spam for xp for leveling, once you reach 50 you can do 51-60 over and over for great xp until you die of boredom.

Thanks for the info, I think I'll probably sub for a month after the trial is over (might preorder shadowbringer for the 30% earring lol). Thanks for the tip about the MSQ tracker, I don't think I saw it yesterday so I'll have to check to see if its turned off and yeah I'm pretty sure I stopped before 2.1 came out so it looks like I have a lot of quests ahead of me.

WAR is a tank and thus is really easy to level by just spamming the highest level dungeon after you do your roulettes for the day. If you enjoy SMN/SCH I would say take that to 70 first. Overall you level every job through the daily roulettes and the highest level dungeon you can do. There is also Palace of the dead and squadron missions, but you'll have to unlock those.

Honestly the novice networks sometimes have issues with "mentors" being people that have no clue what they're talking about. You might also get "advice" that is actively detrimental to performing you role/job correctly.

Thanks, do I need to do anything special to unlock the roulettes? My only issue with SMN/SCH is I can't remember how to play those anymore, will need refreshers on their rotations.

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018
Thanks for the info, I think I'll probably sub for a month after the trial is over (might preorder shadowbringer for the 30% earring lol). Thanks for the tip about the MSQ tracker, I don't think I saw it yesterday so I'll have to check to see if its turned off and yeah I'm pretty sure I stopped before 2.1 came out so it looks like I have a lot of quests ahead of me.

Thanks, do I need to do anything special to unlock the roulettes? My only issue with SMN/SCH is I can't remember how to play those anymore, will need refreshers on their rotations.

You should already have a few roulettes unlocked (Leveling, 50/60, Trials, and MSQ I'd imagine), but otherwise you unlock the roulettes by doing the dungeons that are part of that roulette. I think only Expert and Mentor roulette require having every applicable dungeon unlocked.

Here is a guide to going from 1 to 70 rather quickly. It gives you an idea of what to do to gain levels (i.e. roulettes, deep dungeons, and regular dungeons).

Oct 27, 2017
Just curious, if you see someone successfully buy a house and then just stand there motionless for a long time after constantly clicking it in a pattern forever, is that something the mods will take action on for botting? Standing here in Lavendar Beds and almost 100% certain this one person is botting.

TalonJH

Oct 27, 2017
Louisville, KY
So.. Logged in yesterday to find I inherited our FC and the few remaining active players gone to the Goblin server. I'd hate to leave a perfectly good Medium size house. I guess I'll try to rebuild the FC. I don't see it working out.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
So.. Logged in yesterday to find I inherited our FC and the few remaining active players gone to the Goblin server. I'd hate to leave a perfectly good Medium size house. I guess I'll try to rebuild the FC. I don't see it working out.
You can sell the house if you want.

Advertise in party finder that you are selling either an FC/medium house and set your price. I usually see at least a few million gil minimum. If you sell the FC just add the person as a member and then make them the leader and leave. Or if you are selling the house, have the person trade you gil then you give up the plot. They can then instantly move into the plot provided they already own a house.

Just make sure you do all your business in text chat in the game so GMs can track it if you get scammed.

Or just do what you want, idc lol

Island

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Finally unbanned (stupid Avengers thing haha)! I submitted an application to the FC on Ultros, but its been sitting pending for a week or so. Can someone let me in? IGN: Syntax Whisper

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Make sure you guys are applying in the actual game to join the FC. We have some leaders who don't keep up with this thread, but they'll respond to in-game applications. I did let the powers that be know on the discord we have, so hopefully it gets taken care of soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.