• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
What data center are you on? I just queued into an amenos on Primal and it had 130 people.

Mana, I know I'm playing on dead hours but even then soloing is way to tedious and you won't get anything done, I really liked the usual way, do some fates here and there, do some old content, run a good bunch of newish dungeons, bring some crafting / beast tribe materials, doing basic stuff would get some progress and everyone benefits for it, you have old content having people, crafting some easy money, maps will actually have people runing around, etc. Everybody wins. If you got way too late into that you probably made your life a thousand times easier and again you would probably solo most stuff if needed, I don't want to imagine how bad will it be a few months after ShB.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
I can't wait for a repeat of this at the end of June.

There's now a solo duty queue system similar to when entering a world when it's at capacity, so now it can actually funnel people in instead of everyone trying to jam their way through a small opening all at once.

They stealth added this in one of the more recent 4.x patches at some point. I believe it was after Sigmascape. I imagine they also won't be frontloading the expansion launch with solo duties either, since one of the problems was not only were there solo duties early into Stormblood, some existing jobs and both Red Mage and Samurai had solo duties right at the start as you moved the existing job quests into the Stormblood zones, further compounding the problem.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Just got DRK to 60. I think I'll work on something else now. I really need to get as many as I can to 60 before 5.1 so I can get the Garo items salvageable.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if there's any place cheaper to buy the soundtracks than the SE store if you're in the US?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know if there's any place cheaper to buy the soundtracks than the SE store if you're in the US?
I think Amazon JP has them for $36 - $40 and ships to the US. No idea if all versions include the in game item codes or if it's just the marked up or if the codes will work on a us mogstation account.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/s?k=ffxiv+サウンドトラック&rh=p_n_shipping_option-bin:2493950051&dc&qid=1557373443&rnid=2493949051&ref=sr_nr_p_n_shipping_option-bin_1

Click the globe to change the language on the page.

PKXvY4x.png

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Hmmm went back into UwU again today. Sitting at like... 15 kills at this point. The best I got was a 93% on AST and I'm just... out of ideas on how to improve. I dunno if it's because I'm using i400 sync'd gear (acc and weapon withstanding) but I can't get an orange log no matter what I try. I guess I'm not potting on primals but that feels a bit cheap? I dunno.

To put in perspective. In my old PB I casted 162 Malefics, 25 Combusts, and 8 Lords, for a total of 2402 dps over the fight. My run today, I casted 190 Malefics, 24 Combusts and likewise had 8 Lords, and my DPS only bumped up to 2426. That's crazy to me. 28 extra malefic casts and it only amounts to 20dps?

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
New Yoshi interview.

https://www.polygon.com/interviews/...-14-interview-naoki-yoshida-glamour-expansion

Biggest tidbit, they're doubling Glamour Dresser slots, and increasing number of glamour plates.

This might be the most exciting news of the new expansion for me lol. I literally only have 1 free slot in my dresser at the moment, and probably will have to shuffle some things out of there in the meantime until 5.0 hits.

Also hope the increase in number of glamour plates is substantial (not sure if I missed where they mentioned how many they're adding). I kind of wish they'd set it up so you got at least 10 per set type (i.e. healing, casting, aiming, etc) but honestly I'll be happy to just have more. So many caster sets I haven't been able to save as plates because almost all my slots are taken up by healer stuff for now.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Kinda random question. So from what I gather, when a new expansion comes out the "market prohibited" tag is lifted off most/all of the primal weapons from the previous expansion so people can craft/raid and get the weapons and sell them on the MB. For example with ARR you can buy Ifrit-Ex,Titan-Ex,Garuda-Ex,Mog-Ex,Ramuh-Ex weapons on the MB. With HW you can buy Ravana/Bismark/Seiferot/Sophie/Zordan ex weapons on the MB.

So I was kinda surprised when one of my retainers brought me back a really cool looking Leviathon bow and to my surprise it was Market Prohibited. So I checked the board and yeah that and Odin? Seem like the only ARR Ex bosses that you can't just buy their gear on the MB. Is there any rhyme or reason why it's just these two?

This might be the most exciting news of the new expansion for me lol. I literally only have 1 free slot in my dresser at the moment, and probably will have to shuffle some things out of there in the meantime until 5.0 hits.

Also hope the increase in number of glamour plates is substantial (not sure if I missed where they mentioned how many they're adding). I kind of wish they'd set it up so you got at least 10 per set type (i.e. healing, casting, aiming, etc) but honestly I'll be happy to just have more. So many caster sets I haven't been able to save as plates because almost all my slots are taken up by healer stuff for now.

Yeah, this is helpful. I found glamor dresser pretty useless because of the limit. I have like 9 jobs I glamor with and at best I'm just using the glamor dressor for 1 single job worth of glamor gear since 100 doesn't even hold all the stuff just for that job. I guess 200 should be enough for 1 job and the various all classes glamor gear, but I'd love to have the glamor dresser be like 999 limit or something so you can actually just dump all your stuff in and dress how you want.

Plates, yeah I agree. When I've got 5 plates devoted to 1 job, I can't really set much for any other job.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Kinda random question. So from what I gather, when a new expansion comes out the "market prohibited" tag is lifted off most/all of the primal weapons from the previous expansion so people can craft/raid and get the weapons and sell them on the MB. For example with ARR you can buy Ifrit-Ex,Titan-Ex,Garuda-Ex,Mog-Ex,Ramuh-Ex weapons on the MB. With HW you can buy Ravana/Bismark/Seiferot/Sophie/Zordan ex weapons on the MB.

So I was kinda surprised when one of my retainers brought me back a really cool looking Leviathon bow and to my surprise it was Market Prohibited. So I checked the board and yeah that and Odin? Seem like the only ARR Ex bosses that you can't just buy their gear on the MB. Is there any rhyme or reason why it's just these two?
Those aren't crafted. They're drops. Drops are always market prohibited, and don't change. Crafted weapons are different and are never prohibited. Back in ARR they did some tests on how to do weapons, and Leviathan/Shiva are such tests. For these, the shiny versions come from the boss directly via alternative drops(you get the weapon, then an additional drop to make that weapon shiny, mirror for Leviathan, 10dusts for Shiva iirc). For the other bosses, the shiny weapons come from a crafting material dropped by the boss and then an actual craft. Those have been sellable forever, in ARR you could buy Ifrit/Titan/Garuda weapons on the market already.

Note that they fell quite a lot behind on these, maybe by design, so for example they're on Sophia weapons right now which were added in 4.5 or 4.4 I forgot, and Zuvran still don't exist. But as soon as they're released, you can buy them on the market. The non shiny versions are always market prohibited however as they're drops from the boss.

Kromeo

Oct 27, 2017
Joined a really good learning group last night that managed to clear Shinryu ex on the second attempt, Byakko next and then I think I'll just leave the others for after ShB

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Joined a really good learning group last night that managed to clear Shinryu ex on the second attempt, Byakko next and then I think I'll just leave the others for after ShB

If it makes you feel any better, Shinryu is still the hardest extreme Stormblood primal. Even at ilevel 400.

Jom

Oct 25, 2017

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Got my FC together to run O4S last night for a clear and possible mount farm, and our scholar (who is a friend but not an FC member) didn't meld his gear. We thought he was joking when he said "Don't worry I'm good enough without it."

We were like "Haha okay we'll wait for you to get some melds."

"I don't meld."

Cue like a five minute argument that shouldn't even be an argument to begin with. It's free stats bro. =_=

I feel sorry for the group that carried his butt through Shinryu Ex. He was doing less than 1k dps against Exdeath >_> True, he is good at picking up mechanics but bruhhh we never got a clear last night and the only time we made any serious prog was when he had to go to bed and I subbed in for his healer slot.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
http://www.twitch.tv/komarur
Got my FC together to run O4S last night for a clear and possible mount farm, and our scholar (who is a friend but not an FC member) didn't meld his gear. We thought he was joking when he said "Don't worry I'm good enough without it."

"I don't meld."

Cue like a five minute argument that shouldn't even be an argument to begin with. It's free stats bro. =_=

I feel sorry for the group that carried his butt through Shinryu Ex. He was doing less than 1k dps against Exdeath >_> True, he is good at picking up mechanics but bruhhh we never got a clear last night and the only time we made any serious prog was when he had to go to bed and I subbed in for his healer slot.
isnt there a ilv cap, since its old content? and if you were higher ilv over the cap, heard the melds are ignored. think it was discussed back when ppl were talking about using eureka penta meld (think the 340 or 345 ilv ver??) stuff in ultimate bahamut instead of 360+ stuff. or this is only true for ultimate fights?
edit: can you do unsync on the o1-8s yet?

currently unsub so not to keen of the news lately

Last edited:

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017

"I don't meld."

I definitely get not overmelding, shit's terrible and a huge money sink, but melding normal gear is like, free? You get materias thrown at you from all directions nowadays, I have all role gearset melded and still have like 50+ crystal things to trade in and 3-20 of each materias(3 being crit obviously). This is really weird. That said, less than 1k DPS isn't the materia's fault for sure. Materias is probably like, 10% DPS if that. A substantial amount but not a triple your DPS kind of thing.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
isnt there a ilv cap, since its old content? and if you were higher ilv over the cap, heard the melds are ignored. think it was discussed back when ppl were talking about using eureka penta meld (think the 340 or 345 ilv ver??) stuff in ultimate bahamut instead of 360+ stuff. or this is only true for ultimate fights?

Is there a way to know about caps? I usually see it when I run maps with a popup but I don't recall seeing one for Exdeath. I only know you can see the minimum ilvl.

I don't raid too often so I don't know if materia was being ignored for it.

Pyros Eien

I'm aware that materia doesn't magically make you do a shitton more DPS but he was going on about "how good" he is and he didn't back it up with the numbers. :P

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
Is there a way to know about caps? I usually see it when I run maps with a popup but I don't recall seeing one for Exdeath. I only know you can see the minimum ilvl.

Pyros Eien

I'm aware that materia doesn't magically make you do a shitton more DPS but he was going on about "how good" he is and he didn't back it up with the numbers. :P
so there's no on screen text saying youre cap at x ilv similar to doing high lv dungeon roulette?

maybe hes talking about how good he is in picking up mechanics :P

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
I'll have to check again tonight. Either way, it's dumb to just flat out refuse free stats in general lol
well the reason is that you have like ilv 400 gear already and they cap the stats to i345 (i think if its exdeath floors), thus materia is ignored. the cap to i345 is basically the cap ceiling at i345 too for the stats, so some stats might be higher when compared to the 340 gear for this example. only if you wear the in respect ilv gears then materia is counted for.

but like said in prev post, if you can go in unsync then everything will be accounted for. but will it affect the lb gauge gain tho? even if it still within same 4.x sb expansion? that i dont know

imo, when progging improving dps comes later after you got down the mechanics. i mean, its isnt much prog if you keep missing mechanic early on but got high dps. rather you do all /get to see all mechanic and get to enrage then slowly improve your dps output.

Last edited:

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
well the reason is that you have like ilv 400 gear already and they cap the stats to i345 (i think if its exdeath floors), thus materia is ignored. the cap to i345 is basically the cap ceiling at i345 too for the stats, so some stats might be higher when compared to the 340 gear for this example. only if you wear the in respect ilv gears then materia is counted for.
I see.

Our group wants to get seriously into raiding when Eden drops so we're practicing with old fights and figuring out which roles we like best. Only one of us has cleared up through Alphascape Savage. I never was a raider before but it's pretty fun with friends.

komaruR

Oct 28, 2017
I see.

Our group wants to get seriously into raiding when Eden drops so we're practicing with old fights and figuring out which roles we like best. Only one of us has cleared up through Alphascape Savage. I never was a raider before but it's pretty fun with friends.
well doing the prev floor is a good start.
hope you read my edit on the prev post regarding dps and mechanics.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017

"I don't meld."

Hate to be that guy, but from a fellow SCH, SCH lives and dies on the crit stat your friend saying they are good and basically killing all their crit melds just reads garbage tier player traits. They need to check their ego at the door and stop wasting people's time with their attitude and put some effort in.

There is no ilvl cap in the old raid content. The only content that syncs you out of your controll at end game atm is the ultimates and if you are doing ultimates your ass better be rocking ilvl appropriate gear with your melds no reason to make that content harder than it needs to be *with a few exceptions*

Last edited:

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Hate to be that guy, but from a fellow SCH, SCH lives and dies on the crit stat your friend saying they are good and basically killing all their crit melds just reads garbage tier player traits. They need to check their ego at the door and stop wasting people's time with their attitude and put some effort in.

There is no ilvl cap in the old raid content. The only content that syncs you out of your controll at end game atm is the ultimates
Lol no worries, we don't particularly like him too much for his stubbornness anyway but it was faster to get him rather than wait for a pug healer to show up in PF (#CrystalDC).

Then again, after I took over healing for him I really enjoyed it so he might get the boot either way. :p

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Lol no worries, we don't particularly like him too much for his stubbornness anyway but it was faster to get him rather than wait for a pug healer to show up in PF (#CrystalDC).

Then again, after I took over healing for him I really enjoyed it so he might get the boot either way. :p
For context Im getting 344 crit and 440 direct hit from melds alone this is an insane amount of substats to ignore and yup healing in this game is really fun

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else hope Yukiko Takada gets to compose more in Shadowbringers? Soken is fine, but she's composed a bunch of my favorite songs in the game. Though I guess personally Soken is kind of low in terms of favorite FF composers. The original 1.0 OST was a lot better and I was always sad Naoshi Mizuta wasn't chosen to handle 2.0+.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Mana, I know I'm playing on dead hours but even then soloing is way to tedious and you won't get anything done, I really liked the usual way, do some fates here and there, do some old content, run a good bunch of newish dungeons, bring some crafting / beast tribe materials, doing basic stuff would get some progress and everyone benefits for it, you have old content having people, crafting some easy money, maps will actually have people runing around, etc. Everybody wins. If you got way too late into that you probably made your life a thousand times easier and again you would probably solo most stuff if needed, I don't want to imagine how bad will it be a few months after ShB.

I absolutely hate the old relic grind cause I don't want to do countless busy work grinders for old ass content. Hell, I have 1.5 relics from eureka done but I can't bring myself to grind poetics for get my one hw axe to it's 2nd to last stage (the goos looking stage).

Eureka is by far the easiest relic grind in this game with the most interesting player interaction.
So glad they confirmed that they're doing it again for shb.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017

Pyros Eien

Oh yeah I just meant it wasn't the materia making him do a third of his maximum DPS, it was definitely him not being good. Hell under 1k is really low, even if you're playing safe on heals/learning the fight. Just dots+energy drains and a few broil should be 1.5k fairly easily.

And I don't think there's an ilvl cap on savage? Maybe I'm wrong though. Ultimate definitely since it's designed that way but for the rest I think it's meant to be overgeared if you want later on.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
One day people will learn being rude to your tank is not the best way to get them to speed up. Hopefully it's the same day they learn to kill bees in Sunken Temple because it's hard to do big pulls when you get one shot by a bee only to get rezed and one shot by the second bee while the dps with only one aoe skill try to go faster.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone else hope Yukiko Takada gets to compose more in Shadowbringers? Soken is fine, but she's composed a bunch of my favorite songs in the game. Though I guess personally Soken is kind of low in terms of favorite FF composers. The original 1.0 OST was a lot better and I was always sad Naoshi Mizuta wasn't chosen to handle 2.0+.
Don't have anything against Takada but Soken is dope, he better not go anywhere. Let them both work on it.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I absolutely hate the old relic grind cause I don't want to do countless busy work grinders for old ass content. Hell, I have 1.5 relics from eureka done but I can't bring myself to grind poetics for get my one hw axe to it's 2nd to last stage (the goos looking stage).

Eureka is by far the easiest relic grind in this game with the most interesting player interaction.

100% agree with this but have they confirmed it for ShB? Last time I read Yoshi was on the fence as to whether to go back to doing relic the old way or not.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah I just meant it wasn't the materia making him do a third of his maximum DPS, it was definitely him not being good. Hell under 1k is really low, even if you're playing safe on heals/learning the fight. Just dots+energy drains and a few broil should be 1.5k fairly easily.

And I don't think there's an ilvl cap on savage? Maybe I'm wrong though. Ultimate definitely since it's designed that way but for the rest I think it's meant to be overgeared if you want later on.
Yeah there's no ilvl cap, except for when Shadowbringers comes out if you queue for the Savage fights normally you'll be capped at level 70/ilvl 400 since it's the highest item level you could have in Stormblood.

Oct 26, 2017
There's now a solo duty queue system similar to when entering a world when it's at capacity, so now it can actually funnel people in instead of everyone trying to jam their way through a small opening all at once.

They stealth added this in one of the more recent 4.x patches at some point. I believe it was after Sigmascape. I imagine they also won't be frontloading the expansion launch with solo duties either, since one of the problems was not only were there solo duties early into Stormblood, some existing jobs and both Red Mage and Samurai had solo duties right at the start as you moved the existing job quests into the Stormblood zones, further compounding the problem.

I didn't know about the solo duty queue addition.

I was wondering how they're going to deal with more people entering dungeons on their own because of the trust system but if they have a proper queue system in place for this then that should hopefully prevent another Raubahn EX.

lemonade

May 8, 2018
What stat should I allocate for the anima as a BRD?

I know the weapon is probably not gonna be useful for long but I still wanna get good stats on it.

Is it crit then skill speed?

Jaaake

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
FINALLY. Got my orange AST parse in UwU https://www.fflogs.com/reports/9nxPG3hWTaXR8cq4#fight=16&type=damage-done

Strangely enough, there's less malefics than my runs yesterday but I guess I got lucky with crits? IDK. 17 clears which is every weapon so I'm officially done with it in any case. Definitely not as fun as UCoB overall but it has been fun to optimise, even if I didn't get the chance to work out healer stuff with my new co-healer.
Half expecting to be taxed to a 94 later but whatever lemme have my moment

benj

Oct 27, 2017
holy smokes. I'd only done PotD floors 1-40 and it seemed like a total cakewalk—boring as hell, but at least good exp

i was 49 and 3/4 tonight, just wanted to do the final push to 50, and I thought I'd run 41-50 in potd and maybe unlock 51-60 for better grinding

i only tried it twice before throwing the towel in but man, people have absolutely no idea how to fight that boss, it seems pretty hard to fight it with a total garbage comp (at least if you're pugging, as i was) and getting absolutely zero rewards for failing is pretty brutal. especially since you don't even get a chance to tell if your team is gonna be able to fight the boss until you're already fighting it, and if your team can't do it there's nothing you can do

what an ugly time sink

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017

cant unsync Omega until shadowbringers, and all omega floors dont have ilvl caps unless you turn it on manually in DF options.

Euphony

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

I'm 100% on board with having a Eureka-like relic system in ShB because I actually enjoyed Eureka far more than rerunning dungeons over and over, but at the same time I'm also worried what's going to happen with Eureka after the expansion hits. It'd be a real shame to gate the relic weapons and armors behind content that's only doable with a decent number of people when the ARR and HW relics can pretty much be solo'd. I guess at this point we can only speculate how they're change Eureka with ShB and if it's going to become Diadem 2.0 or something more accessible.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
What stat should I allocate for the anima as a BRD?

I know the weapon is probably not gonna be useful for long but I still wanna get good stats on it.

Is it crit then skill speed?

Always crit > everything else. Other stats kinda don't matter? Det, skillspeed, direct hit, whatever, probably close to each other.

That said Anima is basically useless a couple of hours into SB leveling, so I wouldn't bother too much.

100% agree with this but have they confirmed it for ShB? Last time I read Yoshi was on the fence as to whether to go back to doing relic the old way or not.
They haven't confirmed anything and since relic is 5.1 content, I doubt they'll talk too much about it. They did say Diadem is coming back. What I'd like is basically alternative ways to progress the relic. You can do it in Eureka 2.0, or you can spend some tomes to get items to skip that, or something like that. So people who like grinding a dungeon 50times can do this if they want, and people who liked Eureka can do that instead. Maybe if they want to incentivize new content, just make it a bit faster and only add the alternative way half a patch later(so you can only do Eureka 2.0 at first, but then the .x5 patch you can also pay tomes or farm light in dungeons or whatever to catchup/if you don't like the main way).

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Yoshi-P made a post on the SE forums to elaborate on the new job choices and new races choices in the expansion: http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxiv/threads/389675-Letter-from-the-Producer-LXI-(05-09-2019)?p=4975024#post4975024

Not a ton of new stuff there if you follow side interviews and stuff, but there is a little surprise at the end regarding Viera/Hrothgar and head slot items.
That post is an example of why I love the FFXIV dev team as much as I do.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 100% on board with having a Eureka-like relic system in ShB because I actually enjoyed Eureka far more than rerunning dungeons over and over, but at the same time I'm also worried what's going to happen with Eureka after the expansion hits. It'd be a real shame to gate the relic weapons and armors behind content that's only doable with a decent number of people when the ARR and HW relics can pretty much be solo'd. I guess at this point we can only speculate how they're change Eureka with ShB and if it's going to become Diadem 2.0 or something more accessible.
Eureka just needs to be easily soloable. Nerf it to the point you can easily solo anything other than Pazuzu/Louhi/Penny/Watcher/BA and make it so stuff like light and crystals are easy to come by.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Eureka just needs to be easily soloable. Nerf it to the point you can easily solo anything other than Pazuzu/Louhi/Penny/Watcher/BA and make it so stuff like light and crystals are easy to come by.
Seems like a lot of work to balance though. Mostly, making sure bosses don't kill you in 3hits, they can fix the damage issue by just uncapping the ilvl so you're at i460 or whatever the expansion first tier is, versus 300 right now, that'd be fine for damage, but everyone's still going to get crushed by the bosses so they'd need to nerf the NMs damage a ton.

It'll be interesting to see if they'll bother doing anything or just consider it dead content until later on where they might do something to fix it.

Anyway patch confirmed next week may 14th as expected, hope they nerf Hydatos a fair bit so I can finish all my crap in there.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Seems like a lot of work to balance though. Mostly, making sure bosses don't kill you in 3hits, they can fix the damage issue by just uncapping the ilvl so you're at i460 or whatever the expansion first tier is, versus 300 right now, that'd be fine for damage, but everyone's still going to get crushed by the bosses so they'd need to nerf the NMs damage a ton.

It'll be interesting to see if they'll bother doing anything or just consider it dead content until later on where they might do something to fix it.

Anyway patch confirmed next week may 14th as expected, hope they nerf Hydatos a fair bit so I can finish all my crap in there.
Elemental resistances are also based on your own resistances since its all % based. Removing the lvl and ilvl cap would increase survivability by a lot, and they could also just increase your base elemental power by a ton. Shouldn't be hard to remove the challenge from Eureka.

Status
Not open for further replies.