• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
It feels like they are making all the tanks more homogenized. :(

I am excited to see what MCH is like now though.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it impossible to make a truly ugly viera, this was the best I could do

fkfk.PNG

jmmmm.PNG
eyebrows5ujps.gif

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I wish they mentioned they were adding more glamour plate slots. What we have is not enough.

Not there but they have mention on other places glamour will have a capacity of 400 and they will increase plates.

"Yoshida confirmed that the game's glamour system is getting expanded a bit, with more slots being added to the glamour dresser, as well as more glamour plates. Finally, players will have even more fashion options. "

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Well it's not just that. Removing OT/MT stances, etc etc. It feels like functionally they will all play the same. We'll see.
They already play differently though, and those aren't the reasons why. These changes are amazing and exactly what is needed to make tank balance at least remotely achievable. It should also make tanking more fun to actually play, and removes a couple buttons from their bars (The buttons nobody ever wants to hit, but occasionally has to) which all of them definitely need.

jeelybeans

Oct 25, 2017
They already play differently though, and those aren't the reasons why. These changes are amazing and exactly what is needed to make tank balance at least remotely achievable. It should also make tanking more fun to actually play, and removes a couple buttons from their bars (The buttons nobody ever wants to hit, but occasionally has to) which all of them definitely need.

Ya that's fair. See I am uber casual at this point so don't even think about balancing that much. I just miss my HW WAR already and this feels like it is straying further from that than SB did.

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
So is Eureka dead on Aether or is there a specific prime time now? Tried the last couple of days in Pyros and I've been solo in that zone every day.

Was hoping to get a weapon before the expansion, but now that goal looks to be impossible to do which is a huge bummer.

Stone Ocean

Oct 25, 2017
Ya that's fair. See I am uber casual at this point so don't even think about balancing that much. I just miss my HW WAR already and this feels like it is straying further from that than SB did.
Removing tank stances makes tanking more flexible - for example WAR no longer has to commit to Defiance in order to be able to use Inner Beadt - and less frustrating with pugs that don't want to control their aggro.

It changes nothing functionality wise and just removes annoyances from the role.
So is Eureka dead on Aether or is there a specific prime time now? Tried the last couple of days in Pyros and I've been solo in that zone every day.

Was hoping to get a weapon before the expansion, but now that goal looks to be impossible to do which is a huge bummer.
It aint dead but you gotta do it at peak hours.

Outdoor Miner

Oct 26, 2017
Broward County FL, USA
Thinking of coming back to this game. I last played during Heavensward expansion and skipped out on Stormblood. I'm told Stormblood is included if I purchase Shadowbringers but there is a tricky bit of text in the description for the new expansion:
IMPORTANT:

• Please note that the FINAL FANTASY® XIV: SHADOWBRINGERS expansion pack also includes FINAL FANTASY® XIV: HEAVENSWARD & FINAL FANTASY® XIV: STORMBLOOD, which will be provided at release on July 2, 2019.

Am I reading this wrong or is it saying that previous 2 expansions are included but their content doesn't unlock until Shadowbringers release?

Sol Mori

Jun 10, 2018
Thinking of coming back to this game. I last played during Heavensward expansion and skipped out on Stormblood. I'm told Stormblood is included if I purchase Shadowbringers but there is a tricky bit of text in the description for the new expansion:

Am I reading this wrong or is it saying that previous 2 expansions are included but their content doesn't unlock until Shadowbringers release?

No, you're reading it correctly. You will not get the additional expansions included with Shadowbringers until it actually releases.

Oct 26, 2017
Poll I found on reddit. https://www.strawpoll.me/18046427/r

Machinist and Dark Knight in the lead for most anticipated jobs. Then Dancer and Gunbreaker after.

The changes to tanks all sound great. Tank stances only increasing enmity means you don't have to have a specific rotation for MT/OT. Instead of having to halt your rotation to hit the enemy with aggro combos the best way to generate aggro now will be to do the most damage possible.

I'm glad they are doing away with aggro combos because they're just roadblocks in your rotation. If you have to use them that means you're delaying all of the things associated with your damage rotation which doesn't feel good. Dark Knight loses out on mana and blood by using aggro combo, Paladin loses mana and Warrior loses beast gauge.

No more clunky tank stance switches either.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I'm waiting for the tank changes in 5.0 before I finish the story because I hate Dark Arts Knight so I'm gonna work on non combat classes is there a best way to level crafters? My gathering jobs are already 60

Naru

May 11, 2019
So, does anyone change to Viera? I just spend the last 40 minutes in the character creator and the race is growing on me... but what ears to pick?!?!

KanameYuuki

Dec 23, 2017
Colombia
I'm waiting for the tank changes in 5.0 before I finish the story because I hate Dark Arts Knight so I'm gonna work on non combat classes is there a best way to level crafters? My gathering jobs are already 60

If you have the money and you are super lazy like me, just do daily GC deliveries and your crafting beast quest, but if you wanna put some effort levequest and collectibles.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I mean I play my character since 2013 but still tempted to switch... probably for 2 months and then back lol

zLbapXD.png

I switched to an Au Ra for a bit of HW but then changed back because it felt weird. Though now I've made an even better Au Ra on my friends data centre and I'm very tempted to switch my catboy into my Sexy Au Ra. If we got bunnybois I would be verrrrry likely to switch from catboy but we instead got catmen and that's not my type.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I experimented with the new races and I think I'm going to keep my catboy for the time being. I'm more into playing male characters. I think having a Ronso might be interesting considering I play Monk but I'm not sure I'll make the jump now. The DRK armor looks cool though

2019-05-24_14-37-05.flv_snapshot_02.15_2019.05.24_14.43.40.png

I wonder if MNK will have one (1) cool storyline for SHB but I'm afraid that ship has sailed considering our mentor is from the fists of Rhalghr and monks weren't even represented in the reach save for one dungeon tucked away in a corner. DRG really got all the cool shit during FFXIV's lifetime.

Widargelt had every right ot become a major player in Stormblood's Ala Mhigo side but they entirely forgot he existed

Tank gear from Orbonne Monastery. Proper name is Ivalician Holy Knight's Armor.

Thanks I just remembered it was Agrias', looks cool

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
All I can say is Im extremely happy after all this that we didn't get a 4th healer and the healers all got a ton of love.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
What love are you referring to exactly? Concrete info may point otherwise but to me it seems like they just gave each healer tools to homogenize them.

Seriously, and how would getting a 4th healer preclude the other ones getting a lot of love? They added another ranged physical DPS but at the same time they've said it's a job in this role (MCH) that got the biggest overhaul.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I'm happy that I'm getting a fourth GL stack and the ability to keep it

It's going to be so cool. Downtime for a boss? I'm going to take this power stance when all hell breaks loose, I will not move from an AOE and just remain that way

80zj66wj0i.gif

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Pretty happy with this bunny.

46j2yv7.jpg

Might change my Au Ra on my friends server to it for a bit when ShB launches.

alpha

Oct 25, 2017
I really would like to see them update the base races, even though I know they never will. It's dumb that the Viera look so much more detailed. The Au Ra already did and it's really apparent with the Viera.

EDIT: List of possibly removed skills based on datamining the benchmark: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...h0QcEbIKYpFzJK63UNBihub2k1gjjOC32Kms/pubhtml#

Scholar is basically nothing like Summoner anymore if this thing sticks. Hagakure's straight up gone, which I guess would tie into them say it was being adjusted to make for more Midares.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
After being unimpressed with Hrothgar when they were revealed I have to say I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. If it wasn't for the fact a lot of the gear looks really goofy on them I'd definitely play one.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
I don't remember Hyur's having a 5th face option. Is one new or did I just...not bother to look? Last time I fantasia'd was in HW.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
As if Living Dead wasn't bad enough lol.

It's not that bad. The tank won't take damage throughout like in Holmgang so you have the whole 8 seconds to get them healed back up. It's basically Hallowed that requires the healers to pay attention just a little bit.

Also, I fully expect the CD for holm to be changed to 420 sec.

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
It's not that bad. The tank won't take damage throughout like in Holmgang so you have the whole 8 seconds to get them healed back up. It's basically Hallowed that requires the healers to pay attention just a little bit.

Also, I fully expect the CD for holm to be changed to 420 sec.

Yeah that's true. Unlike Dark Knight, Gunbreaker won't immediately die if he's not topped off after using the ability.

Question about Monk's Perfect Balance btw. I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. Am I just supposed to spam my strongest move?

scy

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like we'll probably see the CD go down on that. 420s is pretty bad considering it's Hallowed but with two downsides.

Seriously, and how would getting a 4th healer preclude the other ones getting a lot of love? They added another ranged physical DPS but at the same time they've said it's a job in this role (MCH) that got the biggest overhaul.

I still find it highly ironic that Dancer's mechanic would basically be ideal on a healer.

Question about Monk's Perfect Balance btw. I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly. Am I just supposed to spam my strongest move?

Generally, no. Old school opener it's about PB to accelerate your GL stacks and then Dragon Kick / Twin Snakes buffs rolling. Since TK opener and TK rotations have been done, though, it's in a similar-but-also-different place where it's used to allow for TK usage while minimizing time outside of GL3. You'll rarely just filler Bootshine it anymore.

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
I would imagine any numbers on tooltips are subject to change.

Also, since DNC uses fans I'm going to end up needing three glam plates for them - the AF gear, Nia from Xenoblade 2, and Kitana from MK.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hey guys,

I'm about to go back on FFXIV (Stopped after Alexander i think ?), is there some stuff, besides continuing the main story, that i should bother with while waiting for Shadowbringers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.