• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
You guys thinking about changing to a new race...man, I don't get how you can do that. After soooo many hours with your character, doesn't it feel weird af to switch everything around like that?

Back now for to catch up on my goals before SB drops. IL stuck at 351 on my SCH, so I can't run the last dungeon. Kind of just want to raise WHM, NIN, RDM, and SAM to 70 since they have less than 10 levels left each. Just, everything's going to change in a month sooo

Also, housing is STILL packed on Malboro. Are we ever going to get a new res area?
I was never a big fan of my Hyur Highlander lady, her expression and looked seemed... stiff. Xaela lady was an upgrade in every respect, and let me get creative with things like blue freckles.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Always sad to see how good all the crafting AF looks and know you'll never see it because everyone's going to be using the all-jobs armor.

I really wish they would tweak the Glamour system so we could glam that stuff on other jobs, some of it looks fantastic.
Well you can do that now with plates. The issue is who's gonna bother getting all the AFs when they have the Omni gear.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Wait, you can? I thought even in the plate system, the same restrictions apply. The job has to be able to wear the amor.
Pretty sure they mean you can just glamour plate for each crafting job. Obviously, that eats a lot of plates(11 if you want every single one, which is more than what we can even use atm), but if you really like a specific one you could. Other jobs can either use a generic glamour plate, or just the default appearance of your crafting gear.

QisTopTier

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Either there's massive jump in graphics quality between PS4 and PC that I had no idea about, or they've actually improved the graphics for everyone with this expansion?
What's making you say this? Game Already looks like this on PC.

fYTyzEV.jpg

FNIzcet.jpg

ffxiv_dx11_2018-12-31_14-11-47.png
With reshade and texture mods

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
Looks like all the old tanks are getting updates to their AOE.

Paladin = Total Eclipse > Jump Slashy Slash

Warrior = Overpower > Spinny Axe

Dark Knight = Unleash > Spherical Globe

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Looks like all the old tanks are getting updates to their AOE.

Paladin = Total Eclipse > Jump Slashy Slash

Warrior = Overpower > Spinny Axe

Dark Knight = Unleash > Spherical Globe
Every melee is basically, if they didn't before. Monk is getting a proper aoe rotation(Arm of the Destroyer > New breakdance kick > Rockbreaker) as well as possibly a chakra spender that's aoe, Ninja getting a follow up to Blossom with a big ground ninjutsu square thing, Dragoon getting a 3rd move with a bunch of blue dragon crescents, SAM doesn't seem to be getting anything probably cause they already had 2 aoe combos.

All these new skills that so many people still won't bother using in dungeons.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
My bad, thought you meant glamming up the each job specific gear to the omni gear so you could have the omni gear switch look when switching jobs.

Basically, I want what they did in FFXI. In FFXI you could glamour anything over anything, so long as you had a job leveled that could equip it.

Example. Say you have Summoner max leveled, and you have say Samurai leveled to 50. You can glam any 1-50 Samurai gear on your summoner.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Every melee is basically, if they didn't before. Monk is getting a proper aoe rotation(Arm of the Destroyer > New breakdance kick > Rockbreaker) as well as possibly a chakra spender that's aoe, Ninja getting a follow up to Blossom with a big ground ninjutsu square thing, Dragoon getting a 3rd move with a bunch of blue dragon crescents, SAM doesn't seem to be getting anything probably cause they already had 2 aoe combos.

All these new skills that so many people still won't bother using in dungeons.
New expack is when all the worst players return

Naru

May 11, 2019
Has anyone noticed that the Viera face also changes it's features? Like the first face has one eyeliner and the eyelash size as features and the 4th face has two different eyeliners but no additional eyelash size?
Same with tattoos, different face, different tattoos.

(I am spending way too much in the character creator)

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Me after seeing the job actions trailer
nD2LWjO.gif

Every time I think I'm out etc etc

Now the real question is to stay on Roe or switch to Hrothgar...

Also, do we have any footage of Dancer on a male character? Is it all the same animations?

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
SCH AF looks really good this time around.

I'm getting a bit tired of the graduation hats, though... They are becoming uglier and more ridiculous as time goes on.

SpillYerBeans

Oct 25, 2017
New Roegadyn player here and Roegadyn are not very popular huh? I barely see any around the cities or zones.

There is not a way to advance the main story without doing dungeons is there?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
New Roegadyn player here and Roegadyn are not very popular huh? I barely see any around the cities or zones.

There are some optional side quest dungeons, but most are tied to the main story quest. Best thing to do is queue up for one, and then do fates, and side quests until you go in.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

Yeah least popular race by far.

You need to run some of them to progress the main story, a good chunk of them are optional though. If you don't care for them and have someone to play with or have an fc willing to help, you can run them unsynced to blitz through them. Basically it removes the lv cap per dungeon letting a higher lv player kill everything for you in a fraction of the time it would take playing it normally. No xp playing it this way but you'll be able to move on the next story quest.

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
You guys thinking about changing to a new race...man, I don't get how you can do that. After soooo many hours with your character, doesn't it feel weird af to switch everything around like that?
I'm a unique case so I can't speak for anyone else.

As a black man I can't really go into most any eastern mmo and make someone that looks and sounds like ME. If I can't make a decent me then I just play as female.

I picked Femroe because they're tall and I think they're pretty. But I'm not at all happy with them. The animators didnt give them a clearly defined persona and much of what they do doesn't match how they look.
In fact being on this rp server makes me want to change race because of the certain way most all Femroes are played here (as a "certain kind" of erp alt. I don't care about people erping with their race but when every one of the few who looks like me just seems like a zombie made not to be played but for erp it gets mighty lonely. These Femroe here don't care about or Like the race, not like the ones for my old server or the onea I meet in eureka or in dng runs).

Now enter Viera. I have a long history with rabbits and they were designed to be colored black/ brown so I'm all over that. And HROTHGAR ... They are the only males in this game that make me want to play as a dude.

So yeah, I love my Femroe but its over.

Last edited:

Lirion

Oct 25, 2017
I might try ronso race but I'm happy with my old man highlander. I wish they would add more options to the existing races though.

Altered

Oct 25, 2017
That Warrior fell cleave shit during the job actions trailer was pretty underwhelming compared to Paladin and Dark Knight lol.

SOLDIER

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
These days, I play almost exclusively on the PS4. I really enjoy the ease of using the controller and overall convenience.

But something I've been wanting to do was fine ways to free up the "clutter" that happens during party battles, where the screen is filled with all sorts of madness like damage numbers, spell effects and so on.

One of the things that used to bug me a lot was having a spell/skill casting bar right in the middle and obscuring my character:

14pvfk2e.jpg

The other day I finally found out that this was the "progress bar", and was able to resize it so that it's less in the way. I've done this with similar UI elements, but there are still a few bit of fly-by text, numbers and other elements that I haven't figured out how to adjust them, if possible.

I took the liberty of highlighting all the elements I'd like to have shrunken a bit to help keep better track of my character during all the chaos. Spoilered for size:

1414bjz6.jpg

142rlk7o.jpg

143ecj3x.jpg

I realize there's an option to turn off or minimize special effects from other characters, but I'm a sucker for cinematic flair and doing this makes battles look lamer. I may also display my character name again to help keep track of my position. If there are other ways to help visually identify where I am during the craziness, I'd like to know about them, but in the meantime let me know if any of the highlighted text can be adjusted too.

Arkeband

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Has anyone used or bought a story skip potion for anyone? I'm thinking of getting one for my brother who's interested in HW and on but is dying on the altar of ARR's shitty production value. Has anyone felt like they're missing anything by skipping ARR?

I think I could maybe give him a quick summary of what he missed and maybe direct him to a couple of cutscenes -

2.0-2.3: Beast Tribe fuckery, some rando scion who dies immediately, we learn about how to kill Ascians by trapping them in a Crystal first
2.4: Lady Iceheart
2.5: Crystal Braves and the first "set time aside" cutscene

I really believe that with the NG+ system implemented and those questlines propery encapsulated, the next step will be allowing players to skip ARR.

Apoptomon

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Has anyone noticed that the Viera face also changes it's features? Like the first face has one eyeliner and the eyelash size as features and the 4th face has two different eyeliners but no additional eyelash size?
Same with tattoos, different face, different tattoos.

(I am spending way too much in the character creator)
tattoos and face features are tied to face type for everyone. can be annoying if you prefer the feature options of one face but the structure of another.

Oct 27, 2017
I've been on the fence about jumping into this game with the Heavensward promotion running right now. My main interest is to Platinum the game on PS4, mostly playing solo at my own leisure. My question is... do I need Bloodstorm? Or is there enough content to keep my playing until I get to my goal with only the base game and the first expansion?

If so, what class do you recommend that I play? I'd want something good for solo play, with good survivability, but also good offense.

... if that's not too much to ask :P

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
I've been on the fence about jumping into this game with the Heavensward promotion running right now. My main interest is to Platinum the game on PS4, mostly playing solo at my own leisure. My question is... do I need Bloodstorm? Or is there enough content to keep my playing until I get to my goal with only the base game and the first expansion?

If so, what class do you recommend that I play? I'd want something good for solo play, with good survivability, but also good offense.

... if that's not too much to ask :P
Solo doesn't matter as any job can do solo content on their own, even healers can DPS down anything. Considering ARR and the first Expansion were free, may as well. It will only cost you the sub cost which is cheap if you get the entry subscription.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
No more ruins or dots.
Because of new spells. It seems they're really splitting SCH and SMN apart instead of still having so much overlap, same reason why SCH started getting Broil upgrades instead of Ruin upgrades and there hasn't been an upgrade to Ruin II. Similarily, SMN is losing Aetherflow as a direct +3 spell, it's now some sort of direct damage spell(or maybe dot unsure), that gives only 2 aetherflow, and it's balanced around that. They're also losing a bunch of other spells in common, Bane, Rouse and Shadow Flare. They'll get their own flavors.

You can actually see SCH casting the new Broil in the skill video, and it's likely they'll have a new dot to go with it. There's also a screenshot of a supposedly leaked aoe, to replace Miasma II.

Honestly the SMN/SCH split is long time coming. The only reason they're not entirely splitting them is they'd need to make a 1-30questline for the starting Scholar class, and that'd be a lot of work for no real reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.