• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
D8-ZbFpUwAAU4rv.jpg:large

YoshiP and me are totally buddies now. He still hasn't accepted my friend request, but sure it will happen any time.

He's allergic to cats.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Alright people, I just preordered Shadowbringers. I haven't played the game since the beginning of Stormblood. Are you guys still doing regular raids and stuff for newcomers? I'll probably start playing again this summer, and I'd like to do the raids with yall when I get around to them.

Chasing

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
I'm starting to notice more and more activity in my server. That pre-shadowbringers catch-up. Gold Saucer is making a mess of my framerate on PS4.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Some pretty juicy interviews just came out with Yoshi-P in Japanese: https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/c0gr3y/game_watch_and_4_gamer_inteview_with_yoship/

A lot of talk about what's coming in the Live Letter tomorrow, so I'll spoiler a few choice quotes for anyone that wants to be surprised.

Possibility of a FF7 collab?

• Yoshi-p personally loves FFVII, so if they have the opportunity. However, they would need to ask the FFVII team and Yoshi-p doesn't want to disrupt/affect the game's launch. Even if they were to have a collab, he would like to discuss the collab after the FFVII remake's mastered version is ready and when they are already in the marketing/PR phase. If Kitase (FFVII's director) approaches the FFXIV team first, they might do something at launch though.
5.0 will explore the roots of the FFXIV story. Most players who follow the story, probably already suspected that Hydaelyn and Zodiark are primals, so he didn't mind revealing that minor info. Why? Because there are tons of more surprises with a bigger impact.
If we were to label the story up to this point as "The Hydaelyn and Zodiark part", 5.0 will finish up 80% of that story.
Ishgard restoration

• There will be a ranking system for the Ishgard restoration. He used the feast as an example and said there will be seasons for it.
  • Those who want rare titles and flashy primary tools will need to level their jobs first and then have the perfect gear and materia and then challange extremely difficult recipes.
  • For those who only do battle content and don't gather or craft as much, the Ishgard restoration area does have ways in which those people can participate with lower level classes.
  • There's a system where players can purchase a "restoration ticket" which they can use to contribute to the restoration and also gain rewards from the lottery if they are lucky.
  • After the restoration reaches a certain point, something like a "seasonal event" will be held irregularly and you can participate in those to gain rewards.
  • Each world (server) will have its own progression, so players can compete/race with other servers to restore Isghard faster.
  • You can also use the world visit system fo take a look at other servers and see their progress.
  • There are plans on renewing Diadem and sticking it to the ishard restoration.

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
The preorder amulet should work with crafters too, with increasing the level cap again they need to do something about them because they are a pain to level.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Someone should make a thread. That's fucking impressive that the game is still growing 6 years later

Mikebison

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They say "In preparation of the upcoming early access to Shadowbringers, we'll be covering information regarding battle content, the Trust system, adjustments to Disciples of the Hand and Land, and more!" on their site
Guess I'll tune in then! Hopefully it's without the technical issues from last time ha!

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I still have 4.2 and onward to catch up on before ShB.
After reading the description, 4.2 sounds like it's gonna be a snoozefest, I just want to get to the Tsukyomi stuff lol

Wilsongt

Oct 25, 2017
Level 70 jump potions?

Let me just go ahead and jump this astro up to 70 like I did when I jumped it to 60.

The only jobs I really have level to get to 70 are jobs I enjoyed, but I never got into the Astro groove.

jfkgoblue

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My game's gotten really stuttery recently, not sure what's happened but it always used to run smooth. Every other game is fine so I don't think it's the SSD
Check your temps, it could be thermal throttling, I had stutters occasionally, but my laptop's CPU likes to get hot, so I undervolted it, now I get no stuttering ever.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I hope they do something interesting for gathering, SB added absolutely nothing new to them
Fishing changed a bunch. The other 2 not so much other than getting better version of existing skills and 6gp/tick. Since I don't really like gathering I can't say I care too much if it stays the same though, at least I won't have to relearn stuff.

I am however interested in the crafting changes, it seems they're finally making Byregot baseline, they kinda tried in SB giving the other Byregot skill but it wasn't nearly as strong as the original byregot so people still needed CRP50. Not that it affects me directly but it's nice for new players. Also interested to see if they're gonna be nerfing Prudent Touch, since that shit's way broken and trivialized pretty much all SB crafting, especially in combination with Manip II(but at least Manip II just follows the usual pattern of adding a more effective durability recovery skill).

Wazzy

Oct 25, 2017
I'm super excited for the VIII implications by Yoshi. Eden was getting more and more obvious but it sounds like there will be more.

The only disappointment I have is him saying we already have Squalls outfit when the one in XIV is Dissidia. They couldn't even Mobius the outfit and make it a lot baggier but instead literally plopped the ugly ass Dissidia outfit in.

latest

I want this available so that my only option isn't some disaster of an outfit with feathers all over and shit. If not then Yoshi hopefully will bring SeeD outfit.

Allard

Oct 25, 2017
I missed any comments so my guess might be totally wrong.

The recent gamewatch interview summary mentioned any 'preview' of eden would ultimately have MSQ end spoilers in due to some kind visual/key art in the background. As such they don't plan to show off the raid ahead of time. That gamewatch summary actually went into detail about what he plans to show today, mostly more changes for combat, crafting/gathering changes and more glamour and MSQ preview info.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Well, I love surprises, so I cant say I'm disappointed that my raid preview guess is wrong.

Village

Oct 25, 2017
Hey do any of you all know any primal link shell's or discords about hunts, after the server transfer... i'm kinda lost here. I have no connections and no way to know big hunts are happening.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Soo my partner is gaining double the exp I am and I have no idea why O_o. Then again I also found it weird how people always said you just have to do the main story to level in ARR while to me it always felt like I had to do extra. Any ideas as to why this is a thing?

Takatomon

Oct 25, 2017
Soo my partner is gaining double the exp I am and I have no idea why O_o. Then again I also found it weird how people always said you just have to do the main story to level in ARR while to me it always felt like I had to do extra. Any ideas as to why this is a thing?
Check your accessories for EXP increasing bonuses and whether one of you have rested EXP (blue exp bar).
Also, you get more EXP if you're levelling a class that isn't your highest level due to the armory bonus.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Make sure you do leveling roulette daily, it gives you most of a level each day if not an entire one depending on where you are. They might be doing sidequests or FATEs while waiting to queue into a dungeon, and do make sure you're logging out in a sanctuary (indicated by a moon icon appearing when you're in one) as those are the only places you earn rested experience while you're offline. ARR has the worst pacing of it though since there's a few places where you'll encounter a multi-level gap between the last main scenario quest you did and the next one.

What Takato brought up about accessories is also a good point.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017

Also, are you both on the same server? Maybe your partner is on a server with the Road to 60 buff and you aren't.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Does the rested bonus apply do all experience gained for all activities? That might be it tho it seems they have the well rested bonus seems to last far longer then mine tho we tend to play at the same times. But yeah we play on the same servers and have the same accessories and all that. She just has HW while I have SB and I started sooner then her is really the only diff I can think of but when we both tried to level a ninja together she was gaining at double the rate I was even with the rested bonus at the time when we were doing PotD so I unno.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Since my raid prediction is likely wrong, I'll make another one.

We'll get our first peak at the EX mounts. And I'm predicting glowy dragons.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Does the rested bonus apply do all experience gained for all activities? That might be it tho it seems they have the well rested bonus seems to last far longer then mine tho we tend to play at the same times. But yeah we play on the same servers and have the same accessories and all that. She just has HW while I have SB and I started sooner then her is really the only diff I can think of but when we both tried to level a ninja together she was gaining at double the rate I was even with the rested bonus at the time when we were doing PotD so I unno.
Rested xp is only consumed on killing monsters. If you get different dungeons in leveling roulettes, you can end up burning more or less rested xp. If you do potd, you'll "extend" the rested xp since none is consumed for that, so depends on activities I guess. Also should be obvious but you need to log off in a sanctuary zone(basically any town or city) to accumulate rested xp.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Sounds like she might have a job higher level than you so you may have stopped earning the armory bonus before she did, since that only goes up to whatever level your highest job is.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Since the Ishgard restoration has
rankings and rewards
, I hope they hold it back to 5.1 to give everyone an equal chance to get their crafting jobs leveled and have an equal shot at it.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
Rested bonus is used up on killing mobs (outside of potd), crafting items or gathering. If you level a lower leveled job it's gonna disappear faster. But if you both are just leveling one job then it's either exp gear and/or roulettes that are causing a difference in level gain.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Since the Ishgard restoration has
rankings and rewards
, I hope they hold it back to 5.1 to give everyone an equal chance to get their crafting jobs leveled and have an equal shot at it.
I'd at least expect it to be in one of the later 5.0x patches if its gonna be at launch, otherwise yeah I'd expect 5.1 at the earliest.

Castor

Oct 29, 2017
New York City
Yeah I'm tossing my hands up lol. It's not the gear as we both have the earrings. I have a higher level character (70 vs 60). Then there is the fact that she seems to be gaining double exp from all sources like PotD, FATES, Duty Finder ect. Makes it hard to keep up when we try to level new things together but it's whatever. Just curious.

Status
Not open for further replies.