• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
Not really a very info-packed live letter but I suppose at this point the patch notes reading is the actual thing to be looking forward to. The tentative schedule is nice to know I suppose.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Here's the Eden tease, for anyone not watching the Live Letter.

lDzmLNJ.jpg

Astral

Oct 27, 2017
Are we gonna end up fighting a bunch of FFVIII bosses because I only remember that one male sorceress guy.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Think that's the first time I watched one of these live. Didn't realize they run so long, but pretty cool to see Yoshi P go over things in such detail.

PeacefulDream

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't expecting it to just be the FFVIII Eden, lol. Hopefully Nomura designs some more weird shit for this. Is Gaia gonna tell us about the women statues fused to the bottom of Eden or maybe be related to the woman in the crystal?

What's up with Nomura and big boss and monster designs that have nude woman attached?

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
http:///fb0d.png

Well, barring any final changes. My looks for PLD, SAM, and WHM have been solidified for Shadowbringers release.

I know they're probably not the most unique looks but I like it.

Zuly

Oct 26, 2017
Puerto Rico
The QoL and Crafting/Gathering stuff has got me pretty excited for 5.0. While it's not a tackle box, having an unified tackle for all ARR fix reliefs so much darn space in my Chocobo saddle. It's 90% tackles.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Just pre-ordered the Digital CE of Shadowbringers on Steam. Couple questions:

1) I went onto Mog Station and applied the Pre-order code into my account. I have a little circle under early access, so all seems good. But there is no circle for the CE edition under my account profile. Am I supposed to enter that somewhere? Can't seem to find where to do so? (Also, Steam says Shadowbringers is not installed under DLC, but I assume its just too early for it?) Just don't want to miss out on any CE perks and items.

2) I have yet to re-sub my account on mog station, but I can log-in and play right now. Is there a free weekend happening or something?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017

1) I went onto Mog Station and applied the Pre-order code into my account. I have a little circle under early access, so all seems good. But there is no circle for the CE edition under my account profile. Am I supposed to enter that somewhere? Can't seem to find where to do so? (Also, Steam says Shadowbringers is not installed under DLC, but I assume its just too early for it?) Just don't want to miss out on any CE perks and items.

2) I have yet to re-sub my account on mog station, but I can log-in and play right now. Is there a free weekend happening or something?

1. If it's Stormblood, we won't be getting our digital codes for the real game until the day of launch (actual launch day, not just early release). And they gave you something like a week to enter it. At least, that's how it worked with the PC version ( I know steam works a bit differently).

2. Not sure how this works.

Oct 25, 2017

I just logged in for a first time in a while, and discovered the same thing. Turns out there's a 7-day free play campaign for returners who log in through Monday.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
I just logged in for a first time in a while, and discovered the same thing. Turns out there's a 7-day free play campaign for returners who log in through Monday.

Ah gotcha!

1. If it's Stormblood, we won't be getting our digital codes for the real game until the day of launch (actual launch day, not just early release). And they gave you something like a week to enter it. At least, that's how it worked with the PC version ( I know steam works a bit differently).

2. Not sure how this works.

Yea, Steam already gave me a code for both the pre-order early access as well as my CE edition. I just didn't see anywhere to link the CE code on Mog station. But yea, possible that I just need to wait for launch. I sort of recall all the CE stuff from other expansions not even being given to the real launch day anyway(so I guess 7/2 for Shadowbringers).

Also, its been awhile since I played, and I was a long member of the old GAF guild on Ultros(before ERA started). Is there a new ERA FC or is that still what most in this thread are members of still?

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Ah gotcha!

Yea, Steam already gave me a code for both the pre-order early access as well as my CE edition. I just didn't see anywhere to link the CE code on Mog station. But yea, possible that I just need to wait for launch. I sort of recall all the CE stuff from other expansions not even being given to the real launch day anyway(so I guess 7/2 for Shadowbringers).

Also, its been awhile since I played, and I was a long member of the old GAF guild on Ultros(before ERA started). Is there a new ERA FC or is that still what most in this thread are members of still?

Yeah, look for people in the <ERA> FC. I can log in right now so you can see me and send an application. I'll be at the Limsa Aetheryte.

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, look for people in the <ERA> FC. I can log in right now so you can see me and send an application. I'll be at the Limsa Aetheryte.

Thanks, I think I'm actually still in the guild. Is it called Corexia now or something(instead of Gather Against Fate)?

Also, just realized before I re-sub, are there any bonuses to get if I use recruit-a-friend promo with one of you? I'll hold off on subbing if we can get some freebie goods.

Rellyrell28

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Entered EA code so I'm set for that weekend. Got that whole weekend off too. Fucked up I'll be splitting my time with this and Super Mario Maker 2. Why did both have to come out on the same day.

Luminaire

Oct 25, 2017
Entered EA code so I'm set for that weekend. Got that whole weekend off too. Fucked up I'll be splitting my time with this and Super Mario Maker 2. Why did both have to come out on the same day.

It's more a blessing than one might think. You can play and create levels while the servers are getting DDoSed or you deal with whatever NPC (Extreme) bottleneck.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
I know it would probably be a nightmare for them to do but what I would prefer much more than going back to 1.0 would be doing the old raid content (Coil and Alexander) in the battle system build that existed when those raids were current. Call it "classic mode" or something, have stats that match the highest ilevel gear for the time and give me 2.0 sch with aero and lightning and everything. When they revamp the battle system every expac it totally changes the way those raids play, even if you do them synced. But, that would be a huge undertaking and probably never happen.

Edit: Jeels, I'm pretty sure the code I got for my pre-order minion and earring from the SE store when I bought it a few months ago also included early access.

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I would play a Final Fantasy XIV Classic. I've always felt like I missed out by starting with A Realm Reborn and not seeing the story of the original game.

Haubergeon

Jan 22, 2019
I think there's plenty of things to criticize Yoshi on if you really wanted to, but somehow not respecting the "legacy" of 1.0 is certainly not one of them.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
If they released a 1.x server people would play it for a few weeks at most and then drop it like a rock.

People already bitch about Eureka, and 1.x was even more grindy than that with a slower paced combat system.

djplaeskool

Oct 26, 2017
Yoshi-P didn't need a translator for that one. As soon as 1.0 was mentioned you can see his expression immediately change. lol

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Yoshi-P didn't need a translator for that one. As soon as 1.0 was mentioned you can see his expression immediately change. lol
He can also speak English well enough he understands most of the questions asked, the added benefit of the translator is the non-English speaking Japanese can understand and anything he might've missed since he's probably not 100% fluent gets conveyed correctly.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I'd love more form fitting tank outfits

i'd love more form fitting outfits in general that are not overdesigned with random protruding shapes

edit: since they've already done tactics ogre outfits before they should do outfits with imposing shoulder pads

latest

Scything

Oct 25, 2017
People don't believe in the glory days of Tanaka, and think they burn in his light. Bring back a 1.0 server and the truth of fracture will be made manifest to the unwashed masses, and thus the masters at Square Enix will never allow it to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.