• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

SliceSabre

Oct 25, 2017
Still in story catch up mode. Re-subbed yesterday after my free login ran out. Got to the Tsukuyomi and boy oh boy was that an amazing fight and part of the story. 10/10.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017
I still think Tsukuyomi surpassed Niddhog and I thought Niddhog had it in the bag forever.

It was that good. The fight in particular was probably my favourite fight ever

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
I'm leveling Monk so I made a Tifa cosplay and Monk became roughly 300% more enjoyable.

It's funny that last week's Fashion Report had a Tifa cosplay for 100 points. They were getting ready for the Tifa reveal at E3.

r8mOh4W.png

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
I'd love more form fitting tank outfits

i'd love more form fitting outfits in general that are not overdesigned with random protruding shapes

edit: since they've already done tactics ogre outfits before they should do outfits with imposing shoulder pads

latest
Wait what.

Which sets are from Tactics Ogre?

Avis

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Will my shader break with the new expansion? I don't have much experience using these.

Dreamboum

Oct 28, 2017

Cenauru

Dragon Girl Supremacy
Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe there are still people asking about 1.0 when it was a financial failure for SE. It didn't evolve to its current state like WoW did, it got fucking torn down from how bad it was.

I hope that one day everyone forgets about 1.0 and focuses on the game we have today, rather than the million questions and articles on 1.0 that we already heard hundreds of times.

apathetic

Oct 25, 2017
I liked the story and how the story was headed in 1.0 more then what we ended up getting even if I do like what they did with ARR and Heavensward, but all of that can be seen on youtube if you are dedicated enough.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
I'd rather a super fan like Damiani ask Yoshida about 1.0 than people who've never touched the game ask Yoshida about player-run brothels.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Oh it's this one?? Maybe it doesn't look as cool in the game because I never noticed it

I mean you can click the link and see the model(GE's wiki has model screenshots for basically every armor), it's fairly similar tbh. Can also find a vendor in Yanxia or whatever and check there on your own char.

Wonder if we're getting additional downtime for the new server in EU, seems they didn't announce anything. I'll probably resub next week, start getting fully ready for the expansion, mostly ready but need to find a DNC glamour, cap my tomes and prepare the challenge log next week.

Deleted member 18021

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Love that YoshiP knew exactly where the question was going.

I think people really just want to play it to see what it was like for curiosity's sake, as well as to actually experience the story and world for themselves. The latter is understandable, although I think ARR did a good enough job being standalone enough that it doesn't matter. Most of it's on youtube if you really care, and Speaker's Network has been gradually going through the Limsa storyline.

For the former faction, just go play FFXI for a bit and you'll get the idea, lol.

Oct 26, 2017
I always wanted to experience the end of 1.0.

I'm pretty sure they didn't announce that there was going to be a CG cinematic when the servers were shut off. So being around in the final moments of the game's existence with the Dalamud at its lowest point with the haunting music in the background expecting to be greeted by a sudden disconnection and instead bearing witness to one of the best cinematics in Final Fantasy history must have been something else.

Obviously that's something you can't get from "classic" servers so I'm happy just reading about 1.0 instead.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017

Hasemo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
I can understand people who've never played 1.x being interested in it. Of course it wasn't all terrible and even 1.0 had some neat ideas (sadly, none come to mind right now). Also thanks to 1.0 we got this gem, my favorite GameTrailers review:

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
Wait what.

Which sets are from Tactics Ogre?

The gear sets from Neverreap and Fractal Continuum also has dyeble versions. The Lv62 vendor/crafted gear.

I'm currently using the tank gear Castrum Abania (lv69 dungeon) as my glamour. I think it's the only tank set with a hood as the head piece.

For my BLM, I'm using a glamour that is very similar to the Enchantress class from Tactics Ogre as well.

I would link the artwork for reference but I'm on mobile at the moment.

DrForester

Mod of the Year 2006
Oct 25, 2017
Now that you're broke, there will be an even better mount for the same price when Shadowbringers launches.

Good. I have 2.5+ MGP and nothing to spend it on.

Pro tip everyone. Do the fashion report every week, even if there's nothing you want to buy right then. There will be someday, and you can gloat by buying it immediately :P

laoni

Oct 25, 2017
Sharing this found on BG and Reddit, it looks like the second theme for was teased during the broadcast in one of the test casts.

Its the theme from Crystarium but given voice, can't tell if its Susan Holloway or someone else this time.
Susan Calloway confirmed she wasn't doing anything for Shadowbringers, so it's someone new! (Though they sound very similar)

Donthizz

Oct 26, 2017
Logged into the game after a long time. It's overwhelming sometimes. Even the the fc house is in a different location. lol

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Thank you! I have to look up those three races, but I guess it doesn't matter. I just want to try out if this game is for me.
Once you reach the lvl 50 MSQ(main story quest), you get a free Fantasia, which lets you remake your character entirely(besides the name). You can buy more Fantasia in the cash shop after that if needed, but this one's free and everyone gets it, so you can always just change race to whatever you like later if you keep playing.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
So, i started this game 2 times, the first was when 1.0 launched and i only lasted like an hour or so. Then when ARR launched i played it until about i think level 35-40 somewhere and i really liked it! But i'm just not an MMO player so i stopped around the time of some story dungeon around that level.

So now with the new Expansion i heard of the Trust System and if that would be available for all the story dungeons (even base game and older expansions) i would love to go back. The information i found was that the Trust System is only for the new Expansion, but is there anything definite about that?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
So, i started this game 2 times, the first was when 1.0 launched and i only lasted like an hour or so. Then when ARR launched i played it until about i think level 35-40 somewhere and i really liked it! But i'm just not an MMO player so i stopped around the time of some story dungeon around that level.

So now with the new Expansion i heard of the Trust System and if that would be available for all the story dungeons (even base game and older expansions) i would love to go back. The information i found was that the Trust System is only for the new Expansion, but is there anything definite about that?

The Trust system is only for the new expansion. They've mentioned the idea of someday bringing it to older dungeons but it wouldn't be anytime soon if they did.

Dinda

Oct 27, 2017
The Trust system is only for the new expansion. They've mentioned the idea of someday bringing it to older dungeons but it wouldn't be anytime soon if they did.
Well then it will probably be a few more years before i ever get back to the game (If at all). Thanks for answering.

Hagi

Oct 25, 2017
What do you guys find best for leveling to 60? I'm 58 and need to get to 59 to do the next mission in Heavensward but I was thinking maybe just jumping straight to 60 to make it easier on myself. I'm a BLM if that makes a difference. I read about grinding POTD but not only is that mind numbing it doesn't seem that optimal for my level but maybe I'm wrong.

I'm really enjoying the Heavensward storyline but I just want to get to Stormblood before Shadowbringers comes out.

Status
Not open for further replies.