• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Fraxin

Oct 28, 2017
Recieved an email from Square Enix store 12 hours ago, saying that they will charge me on 28th for the Encyclopedia.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Managed to almost hit 33 in Pagos yesterday. Did the challenge log in Anemos and had a full 8 man party so it went really fast. Was also super cool experience because people kept talking in party chat and it just reminded me so much of FFXI, which I know is the inspiration to Eureka. And even if people don't talk I actually find Anemos to be a very relaxing experience. Anemos is cool.

About Pagos, now that I am Lv 32 and can teleport to all locations it feels better. Now I can at least get to all NMs in time and just safely follow the train through mobs. But god the NMs can sometimes be slow to spawn. I was in a group trying to prefarm / pop some of them and we did that for 20mins with no pop. At that time I started to get hungry so I AFK:ed in the base camp and watched the map while eating. I think it took 40 mins total before a new NM popped. And that just feels way too slow. Sometimes you get a few in a row though. Oh and... Tons of AFK:ers in Pagos, even more than Anemos. I don't blame them though because of how dumb Pagos feels compared to Anemos.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
Managed to almost hit 33 in Pagos yesterday. Did the challenge log in Anemos and had a full 8 man party so it went really fast. Was also super cool experience because people kept talking in party chat and it just reminded me so much of FFXI, which I know is the inspiration to Eureka. And even if people don't talk I actually find Anemos to be a very relaxing experience. Anemos is cool.

About Pagos, now that I am Lv 32 and can teleport to all locations it feels better. Now I can at least get to all NMs in time and just safely follow the train through mobs. But god the NMs can sometimes be slow to spawn. I was in a group trying to prefarm / pop some of them and we did that for 20mins with no pop. At that time I started to get hungry so I AFK:ed in the base camp and watched the map while eating. I think it took 40 mins total before a new NM popped. And that just feels way too slow. Sometimes you get a few in a row though. Oh and... Tons of AFK:ers in Pagos, even more than Anemos. I don't blame them though because of how dumb Pagos feels compared to Anemos.

I posted this before, but you have to clear out the bunny fates if you want NM's to spawn faster in Pagos. People are still hung up on Amenos logic which is you kill x number of enemies and the NM pops. Pagos doesn't work like that, there's a fate scheduler that can pop a new fate every few minutes. Any prepped fate (you've killed 30 of the appropriate mob) has a random chance to spawn, along with Snow Queen and Taxim, which are always considered prepped if their cooldown is up. However there's only 3 fate spots, and if 2 of them are taken up by bunny fates, the chances of an NM spawning goes way down. So, killing hundreds of the same mob does nothing, if you want NM spawns to happen more frequently, clear out the bunny fates.

Hikari

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Elysium
Shite, haven't played in almost a month now. Is there still time to save my house? I hear there's a free login campaign.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
I posted this before, but you have to clear out the bunny fates if you want NM's to spawn faster in Pagos. People are still hung up on Amenos logic which is you kill x number of enemies and the NM pops. Pagos doesn't work like that, there's a fate scheduler that can pop a new fate every few minutes. Any prepped fate (you've killed 30 of the appropriate mob) has a random chance to spawn, along with Snow Queen and Taxim, which are always considered prepped if their cooldown is up. However there's only 3 fate spots, and if 2 of them are taken up by bunny fates, the chances of an NM spawning goes way down. So, killing hundreds of the same mob does nothing, if you want NM spawns to happen more frequently, clear out the bunny fates.

That would explain why the NMs spawn faster in Pyros. People are actually doing the Bunny FATEs. They have good rewards this time.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Shite, haven't played in almost a month now. Is there still time to save my house? I hear there's a free login campaign.
There is a free login campaign yeah, and they stopped the demolition timer for a while because of hurricanes or fire or whatever happened in the US, so might still be fine. They usually send mails for demolition but their mailing system isn't super reliable.

OskarXCI

Nov 11, 2018
I actually managed to get people to join me in doing Bunny FATEs in Eureka Pagos. Think we did about 11 bunny fates before my time ran out for the instance. In total, 1 gold chest, 3 silver and 5 bronze. There was 2 fates were I didn't get a bunny. Too many got involved.

Got a Damp Hakutaku Eye and Stuffed Happy Bunny tapletop. The rest was just materia and materials for Potions of Harmony.

The very last bunny wanted me to go to the inner parts of the Louhi Cave where you have a bunch of T-Rex enemies at Lv 38. Had to "Metal Gear Solid" that crap. The gold chest was located by the northwest aetheryte. Much safer for that one.

Oct 26, 2017
befaJuH.png

Thinking about the Trust system they announced. I imagine that this is just building off of the Squadron/Command mission system they've had for a while.

So you'll probably choose party members based on what you're entering as. So if you're a DPS you choose a Tank, Healer and another DPS just like in Command missions. Thing is that the characters you can take with you would naturally fit into one of the three roles.

As I see it Aphinaud/Alisaie/Urianger are probably DPS based on what they've done in the story.

Y'shtola is probably Healer.

My guess is that there might be more than what's shown in the slide. But if not and they're just going to to let you pick from the characters accompanying you in the story then what role do you think Thancred fits into? If the leaks are correct, based on this and the CG trailer tease I'd say he's going to be a Tank as far as the Trust system goes. I think this idea holds as long as the Trust system's pool of character is constricted to mainly the Scions like they've shown here in the slide. Because for this to work they need at least one character that can fit the Tank role if this is going to function like the Command missions which remove the need for actual players as NPCs fill the roles needed for a dungeon. And Thancred currently is the only one that would fit as a tank due to a combo of the leaks and the CG trailer showing him using a Gunblade.

Of course this only holds if like I said the pool of characters you can use are just the scions. If the pool is in fact larger and includes characters that are not part of the main group of Scions then this isn't really a strong indicator of Thancred/Gunblade being anything.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
This retrospective is really interesting: https://na.finalfantasy.com/topics/21

This part in particular had me laughing:
Yoshida: I thought "Anyone who can't beat Faust [enemy fought before the boss in Alexander - The Fist of the Father], should quit now! You said this game is too easy, didn't you? Then how about this!?" I guess I got kind of carried away, and made a bad call.

*wipe to Faust* Yoshida: uninstall the game

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I have a question, around when can I expect them to fast track the post-SB content for easier progression in preparation for Shadow?

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
I have a question, around when can I expect them to fast track the post-SB content for easier progression in preparation for Shadow?
A few months before Shadowbringers comes out they're gonna increase the weekly cap for Genesis to 900 which is about the most that's gonna happen for tomestones. They could drop the price for mendacity stuff too but I don't think that's happened before. We'll also have the new 24 man coming in January which will drop 390 gear on a weekly lockout from whenever you get anything from it.

After Shadowbringers comes out they'll update the level 70 job quest and the post-patch quests to include gear to help people meet the item level required for the story duties. (like ARR and Heavensward's currently do)

Basically a true fast-track won't be available until Shadowbringers is out. You'd still have to follow the natural item level progression if you wanted to do 4.5 and it's associated content before Shadowbringers is out.

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
It's relatively fast to gear up now since you can buy 360 gear with uncapped tomestones, but you'll still have to play a decent amount versus just hitting 70 on a job, it giving you gear to get started and then the MSQ giving you the rest.

I've completed SB MSQ when it came out, just got hit by the ilevel requirement for the first post game story content and kinda just left it alone since then.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I've completed SB MSQ when it came out, just got hit by the ilevel requirement for the first post game story content and kinda just left it alone since then.
Well in that case, the starter town for 5.0 should have some basic lv 70 gear that should be high enough to finish SB. You can ask someone to buy it for you or buy it off the mb to skip the tome grind.

Squishy3

Oct 27, 2017
Well in that case, the starter town for 5.0 should have some basic lv 70 gear that should be high enough to finish SB. You can ask someone to buy it for you or buy it off the mb to skip the tome grind.
IIRC that gear should also in the future be available to purchase in one of the capitals in Stormblood, you can buy the item level 255 stuff they added in Stormblood in Ishgard. Completely forgot about that so it's a good reminder.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
It is pretty quick to catch up in 4.55 and higher generally, although it still requires actually playing the game. That said you don't need the accelerated gearing to actually just clear the content, the accelerated gearing is purely to gear characters in the best possible SB gear but the ilvl requirement to enter content are much lower and don't make use of any of the faster ways, since those are still relatively slow and way higher than you need.

You want to do the weekly/daily bounties in Heavensward and SB to get Centurio seals to buy your first gear upgrade(i330 gear), which will let you do most of the story and normal difficulty endgame right away. You need 865 total for your gear, and you get 200 for the weeklies and 210 for the daillies the first day, which buys you half the gear, probably focus on left side so you can replace right side with higher stuff but grab the weapon. Assuming you don't resub right before a weekly reset, it'll still take you a bit more to finish that but that's enough to get started with the MSQ and the dungeons anyway.

Just do every dungeon once(you kinda want to anyway to see all the content), all primals once(first 2 are tied to the MSQ anyway), use tomes you get from these+first time bonus to buy tome gear and you'll soon have 340+, which is enough to do the current story content(might need 10more for 4.5 we'll see I guess but even that is easy just from first time bonus+centurio+expert roulette once unlocked). Once you're done with the MSQ is the moment you might have to "farm" a bit, and by that I mean run expert a bunch of times to buy more tome gear. A bunch being, 5-6 maybe? Less if you only run it with the daily. Then you'll have enough ilvl to do all of Omega too, and probably queue for all the 24man. At that point you've seen all content, so you're free to stop if you don't want to gear up before the expansion or focus on side content like Hildibrand, Eureka, Beast Tribes and whatever else.

Whole thing can be done right now in a week or two depending on how casually you go at it, and most of it is doing new content, the only repeated content is bounties and expert roulette to farm for some tomes faster to gear up for the higher entry requirements of Alphascape and the 4.5 24man. After that if you want the best pre expansion gear it'll take a while farming tomes and this will be accelerated when they double the weekly cap and make savage easier(no weekly cap and echo) and add the 3rd 24man with its own drops+ability to upgrade tome gear. But that part can be ignored if you don't care too much, just means you'll replace your gear 2-4 levels earlier once ShB releases.

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
Done with my first Pagos weapon. Not sure I wanna do it again but it wasn't THAT bad... Still think they should buff the gains of light and make NMs more frequent. Just to help people get further into Eureka and help those grinding there again.
Will get into Pyros tonight and check it out. Did the first bunny fate and so far I can say that it at least has way more interesting environment than Pagos. It's beautiful, especially in certain weather.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
I've seen a couple of videos online and got interested with the game and finally bought it on Black Friday and looking forward to start. But the servers confused me. Which server should I start with ? I want to have fun with people and don't want to play by myself all the time, I want it to be lively. Can anyone help me ?

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I've seen a couple of videos online and got interested with the game and finally bought it on Black Friday and looking forward to start. But the servers confused me. Which server should I start with ? I want to have fun with people and don't want to play by myself all the time, I want it to be lively. Can anyone help me ?
Most servers are fairly populated, and starting on the less populated servers, recommended ones which have a star in the server selection window(not the datacenter one, the one after), you get a Road to 60 buff that doubles all your xp until 60 for 90days/until the server isn't preferred anymore, whichever comes last.

The issue however is you will largely be playing fairly alone early on, because not that many people are out and about in the world anymore, people who level alts mostly do so by spamming dungeons or potd(which is a special dungeon that scales with your level) so they're not out in the world, other than large cities, and even then a lot of people are in the last current cities rather than the old ones.

Your best bet then would be to find a FC(in other mmos guilds, just groups of people that share an organization) that has a lot of people so you have a chat and people who can help you do stuff rather than rely on random people(which works very well mind you, just obviously not quite the same). You could try joining the ResetERA one I guess, not sure what's the server anymore but should be in the OP in this thread, you won't get the preferred server bonus on there most likely, and in my experience the FC was not always super active either, but might be now, I've switched to EU servers a while back.

There should be a surge of people doing old content in a month or so when Blue Mage is released, but if you start now you'll probably be long past that.

HyperFerret

Oct 25, 2017
The servers are gonna get an overhaul in a couple months. But if you have no attachment to any particular server then just join one that has a star next to it for the exp buff (these tend to be smaller servers). The bigger ones for NA are Leviathan, Cactuar, Gilgamesh, Mateus (an RP server) and technically Balmung, but good luck actually trying to join Balmung. I believe the biggest server for EU is Ragnarok. But I do strongly recommend joining a smaller server because they will soon implement a system to visit other servers anyway.

If you are NA, join the Aether or Primal data center, if you are EU, join Chaos.

Evergarden

Oct 25, 2017
Most servers are fairly populated, and starting on the less populated servers, recommended ones which have a star in the server selection window(not the datacenter one, the one after), you get a Road to 60 buff that doubles all your xp until 60 for 90days/until the server isn't preferred anymore, whichever comes last.

The issue however is you will largely be playing fairly alone early on, because not that many people are out and about in the world anymore, people who level alts mostly do so by spamming dungeons or potd(which is a special dungeon that scales with your level) so they're not out in the world, other than large cities, and even then a lot of people are in the last current cities rather than the old ones.

Your best bet then would be to find a FC(in other mmos guilds, just groups of people that share an organization) that has a lot of people so you have a chat and people who can help you do stuff rather than rely on random people(which works very well mind you, just obviously not quite the same). You could try joining the ResetERA one I guess, not sure what's the server anymore but should be in the OP in this thread, you won't get the preferred server bonus on there most likely, and in my experience the FC was not always super active either, but might be now, I've switched to EU servers a while back.

There should be a surge of people doing old content in a month or so when Blue Mage is released, but if you start now you'll probably be long past that.

The servers are gonna get an overhaul in a couple months. But if you have no attachment to any particular server then just join one that has a star next to it for the exp buff (these tend to be smaller servers). The bigger ones for NA are Leviathan, Cactuar, Gilgamesh, Mateus (an RP server) and technically Balmung, but good luck actually trying to join Balmung. I believe the biggest server for EU is Ragnarok. But I do strongly recommend joining a smaller server because they will soon implement a system to visit other servers anyway.

If you are NA, join the Aether or Primal data center, if you are EU, join Chaos.

This server overhaul thing looks nice. Then I should join a 2xp server and if I want to do stuff on other servers I can visit them anytime. Thanks for the detailed responses.

lazybones18

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got all the logos actions. Really wish I didn't have to spend over 1mil gil to get it done towards the end >.>
Now I just need to grind for some crystals and other stuff

Sölf

Oct 25, 2017
Germany
Oh hai guys and girls. May as well just start posting in here a bit.

I started playing FF 14 for a bit early this year or late last year, after a friend pestered me about it for months. So, WoW became boring and I finally started this. The game is great, but I am really playing this casually. After 126 hours (according to steam, but a few are missing) I am still only in the 2.3 content (past Ramuh though, I think 4-5 story quests until I am done with 2.3 main scenario). I will probably never really play this game beyond casually, but I still like it. Thanks to my friend I am in a small guild with nice people, even if most of them are rarely on when I am - they still help me whenever I need something and they have the time for it (currently playing on EU Cerberus).

I do have some questions though. First of all, I am good to basically ignore Crafting and other classes for the time being, eh? I am sure I will do that later (I have mining at 23 and Arcanist at 6, whereas my Monk is 56), but I really would like to catch up with the story at some point, therefore I don't really want to level other classes or do crafting for now. Also, PvP: I am not a big fan of PvP in any game that has PvE content. How important is that later on? I haven't touched it at all so far.
As far as Dungeons go, I do every single one on every difficulty at least once unsynched. And yes, it took me 1-2 hours and two groups to finally kill Titan Extreme just now, but I will stick doing this.

So, yeah, I may or may not start posting in here from time to time. I am currently only playing maybe 1-2 hours a day if I even manage to do that, but hey. I am slowly getting to endgame. Maybe. Eventually. Hopefully.

;__;

SunKing

Oct 25, 2017
Hey, Solf, glad you've been enjoying the game. To answer your questions: Yes, you can ignore crafting/gathering and even any other Disciple of War/Magic class if what you want to do most is catch up with the story. Second, PvP isn't terribly important later on. You can unlock a special PvP roulette (Frontlines) for end game currency and experience points if you like, but if you just rather stick to PvE, that is perfectly fine.

FFXIV is a good game to play casually, so don't worry too much if you don't have much time to sink in it. Focus on the main story and enjoy!

FLCL

Oct 27, 2017
About PvP: no worries. PvP is not important at all and only a small minority does it. XIV is 100% a PvE centric game.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017

Late but wanted to give my two cents.

If you want to fast track the post-SB content I would wait until Shadowbringers launches and prior to quitting I would cap out Poetics.

If the transition from 4.0 to 5.0 is like 3.0 to 4.0 you'll be able to buy the i390 gear and upgrade each for only 100 poetics and it should all be plenty of cheap. The only issue being if you haven't done any of the content you're looking at 3 4.x dungeons that are tied to the MSQ on top of the plethora of cutscenes and duties.

If you have some gil I would recommend getting a i380 weapon crafted. Weapons are the best upgrade and at the same time the biggest pain to get upgraded in ilv. After that just start doing what Pyros said.

For quick iLv boosting I'd use Genesys on the belt the first week (Assuming you cap) and then Head/Hands/Feet on the second week and throw medacity at left side first then right side.

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
befaJuH.png

Thinking about the Trust system they announced. I imagine that this is just building off of the Squadron/Command mission system they've had for a while.

So you'll probably choose party members based on what you're entering as. So if you're a DPS you choose a Tank, Healer and another DPS just like in Command missions. Thing is that the characters you can take with you would naturally fit into one of the three roles.

As I see it Aphinaud/Alisaie/Urianger are probably DPS based on what they've done in the story.

Y'shtola is probably Healer.

My guess is that there might be more than what's shown in the slide. But if not and they're just going to to let you pick from the characters accompanying you in the story then what role do you think Thancred fits into? If the leaks are correct, based on this and the CG trailer tease I'd say he's going to be a Tank as far as the Trust system goes. I think this idea holds as long as the Trust system's pool of character is constricted to mainly the Scions like they've shown here in the slide. Because for this to work they need at least one character that can fit the Tank role if this is going to function like the Command missions which remove the need for actual players as NPCs fill the roles needed for a dungeon. And Thancred currently is the only one that would fit as a tank due to a combo of the leaks and the CG trailer showing him using a Gunblade.

Of course, this only holds if like I said the pool of characters you can use are just the scions. If the pool is in fact larger and includes characters that are not part of the main group of Scions then this isn't really a strong indicator of Thancred/Gunblade being anything.

It being limited to MSQ dungeons sounds good to me. Honestly, I'd probably take a "trust" team over a queued team most of the time - if friends aren't available. The DPS is usually better (if going off of squadron dungeons) and queues would be instant.

It does take away from the MMORPG-ness but I guess there are a ton of people who literally play just for the story - so for them it's the best option.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
Been going through Anemos really casually over the last week and have already managed to hit level 16 in a few hours. Should easily be getting into Pagos later this week and then the actual nightmare can begin.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
It being limited to MSQ dungeons sounds good to me. Honestly, I'd probably take a "trust" team over a queued team most of the time - if friends aren't available. The DPS is usually better (if going off of squadron dungeons) and queues would be instant.

It does take away from the MMORPG-ness but I guess there are a ton of people who literally play just for the story - so for them it's the best option.
We'll see how they're implemented in this. In XI they did let you solo most content, but at some point they just weren't as good as real player, due to gear disparity mostly(no REMA on trusts, so poor endgame scaling plus they capped at lower ilvl). I'd kinda expect Trusts in this to be limited to non cap content, basically everything until the cap. Maybe everything until the last dungeon of the story? Not too sure. They could ilvl cap them for the same result I guess, like say currently trusts would be capped at 280 or so, so you can finish the MSQ with them but not 4.1+. I think they'll be great for soloing old content if they make them work there though.

One thing XI did interestingly however is that Trusts weren't necessarily just "AI players", and I hope that's what they do with this too. I don't want to have Y'shtola just be a generic WHM, I want her to do cool Y'shtola stuff that only her can do and so on. So when you recruit Y'shtola you have a WHM that also has say, high damaging spells and a "limit break" type ability, Spiritual Ray. But if you want a more traditional healer, you can recruit hornboy the Conjurer's Guildmaster, or maybe one of two WHM kids, and they'd have unique abilities for each of them. Maybe they don't have all limit breaks since that'd be a lot of work, but maybe some of them have access to Stoneskin or use monster spell animations(like BLU, reusing assets yay) to have unique stuff going on. And you can recruit Trusts that don't even fit a class. Would be nice for Cid to just summon robots and such, doesn't have to be a MCH, just stand away from enemies and build stuff.

We'll see how it works but in XI they took a lot of liberties with the system because Trusts weren't really the actual NPCs, they're some sort of illusion magic and that's why you can summon several versions of the same person. For example, you have Shantotto, Shantotto II which is a much more powerful version and D. Shantotto which is based on her mini story and uses different abilities entirely. And you can summon all 3 if you want. Many story NPCs have 2 forms, the "early" form and then the form they might have had at the end of the story when they powered up and stuff. So you could have Limsa Lominsa Y'shtola, and then Heavensward Y'shtola and maybe they even behave slightly different or have different spells.

That's the great thing about Trusts in XI, there's a ton of them and they're all fairly unique, and while they're not really well balanced, some being stupidly stronger than others(Shantotto II being the best caster by a HUUUUGE margin, which makes sense since she is after all the greatest mage to have ever lived), they're all very unique and you can make your team that fits your needs specifically. I had several Trust setups for different content, like the "just damage dealers" setups, the "traditional group" setup with tank healer support, the "I'm tanking so I need all the buffs" setup and so on, and I didn't even have a lot of the best trusts.

I hope it works kinda like that rather than just Squadron with model glamours.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
I'm guessing the Pyros weapon probably isn't very valuable without grinding light to get those substats, but man, I think I've finally hit my limit for Eureka grinding (at least for the time being) so not sure I'm going to bother with that and just save it for glam. Almost have enough Alphascape Crystalloids to get the i390 weapon anyways.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
EVen then the Pyro's weapon isn't going to be much value if you're been trying to prog in Alphascape.

Whenever I get off my ass and decide to grind stuff in Pyros I'll probably start chasing the light dragon for some sick off stats. I sincerely hope this weapon hits ilv405.

ilv405 with 800+ crit would probably be stupid insane and I'm all for it.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the Pyros weapon probably isn't very valuable without grinding light to get those substats, but man, I think I've finally hit my limit for Eureka grinding (at least for the time being) so not sure I'm going to bother with that and just save it for glam. Almost have enough Alphascape Crystalloids to get the i390 weapon anyways.
EVen then the Pyro's weapon isn't going to be much value if you're been trying to prog in Alphascape.

Whenever I get off my ass and decide to grind stuff in Pyros I'll probably start chasing the light dragon for some sick off stats. I sincerely hope this weapon hits ilv405.

ilv405 with 800+ crit would probably be stupid insane and I'm all for it.
Pyros light is easy to get, you can gets tons of it with minimal effort thanks to the logos system.

The lv 55 moth that spawns penny does a magic attack susceptible to reflect; get a group of 6 or 7 lv 49s with each dps carrying reflect and you'll have anywhere from 4 - 9 bars of light after 20 mins/3 chains of moths. If you time it right and get super lucky with an empty instance you can also pull a wind sprite on 10, 20, & 30 in the chain for a nearly guaranteed chance at a full bar of light.

No chasing NM's or bothering with dragons, just pressing 1 button when the attack marker appears.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/a1g7mj/lightspeed_in_pyros_lightfull_party_strat_for/

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Pyros light is easy to get, you can gets tons of it with minimal effort thanks to the logos system.

The lv 55 moth that spawns penny does a magic attack susceptible to reflect; get a group of 6 or 7 lv 49s with each dps carrying reflect and you'll have anywhere from 4 - 9 bars of light after 20 mins/3 chains of moths. If you time it right and get super lucky with an empty instance you can also pull a wind sprite on 10, 20, & 30 in the chain for a nearly guaranteed chance at a full bar of light.

No chasing NM's or bothering with dragons, just pressing 1 button when the attack marker appears.

https://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/a1g7mj/lightspeed_in_pyros_lightfull_party_strat_for/

Thanks, that's interesting maybe I'll give it a shot. I don't have any mitigative logos to make reflect, but guess you don't need it as healer based on that guide. Feels weird to de-level to 49 though, but guess it's easy enough to level back up in Pyros.

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

Thanks, that's interesting maybe I'll give it a shot. I don't have any mitigative logos to make reflect, but guess you don't need it as healer based on that guide. Feels weird to de-level to 49 though, but guess it's easy enough to level back up in Pyros.
Yeah if you're healing or tanking you can skip reflect and instead focus on other stuff that might be useful like the defense buff for tank, protect L, or anything that helps the tank survive the massive amount of damage the moths inflict...

As for releveling, the moths drop anywhere from 200k to 900k xp. You usually hit lv 50 on your 3rd or 4th chain and have to delevel again to continue doing it at optimal level.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
I'm approaching the end of Anemos but I've seen some people suggest staying in here until around level 25 over jumping into Pagos right away. Does it really make much of a difference if I jump in at 20 vs 25?

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Honestly the EXP the lowest level NMs give you versus even Pazuzu is staggering. I'd recommend NM camping in Pagos over Anemos's NM train just on the basis that one snow queen pop is worth like 5 Pazuzus.

Anemos is pretty good to do challenge logs but I wouldn't do Anemos for 5 levels. Just doing it from 20-22 was painful.

TheMrPliskin

Oct 26, 2017
That's good to hear, honestly even if it was faster to stay in Anemos I would still lean towards moving on just to be doing something slightly different.

Status
Not open for further replies.