• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Alright, resubbed, well, logged in to have 4 free days and considering resubbing. Haven't played since the very first release of heavensward. How long is the BS required to get to stormblood? Please tell me not as bad as it was to go from ARR to HW

LaydinJinn

Oct 31, 2017
Alright, resubbed, well, logged in to have 4 free days and considering resubbing. Haven't played since the very first release of heavensward. How long is the BS required to get to stormblood? Please tell me not as bad as it was to go from ARR to HW

It's definitely not as bad, and you should savor it because HW story even post patch is hella good. There is an arc that will be relevant for Shadowbringers too.

aceface

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 25, 2017
MIWHZ9AGiMafMya-DupqpCyiIA.jpg

Seems to be a good number of challenges on this list.

PurpleRainz

Oct 27, 2017
I changed back to Elezen for Human and I was shocked to find out all the decent skin tones are hidden away on Duskwight or whatever it's called the regular elezen all their skin tones look blotchy and low rez at least for the males they are. I'm so excited for 4.5 but since Blue Mage is coming out I'm gonna push back buying Tales of Vesperia remastered and instead play Blu.

Oct 26, 2017
For the FFXIV side of the FFXV/FFXIV collab I think Noct is going to show up in the FFXIV world.

Reason I say that is because after you
beat Garuda in the FFXV event, Noctis is missing for a bit, then when he just teleports out of nowhere the crew ask him how he is since they thought he disappeared on them.

He replies with "No, I think I was just...dreaming". This line doesn't really fit with what he just did, which is summoning that Garuda alt to finish off Garuda. So I think inbetween the summoning and him appearing to the group after he goes to Eorzea, experiences whatever the FFXIV side of the event is then ports back to FFXV and just remembers it as a sort of dream.

Alpheus

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully a Gladio costume for my Roe 😍 or heck even Noctis outfit his shirt/overshirt makes a nice casual mage-y top glamour.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder when they'll talk about the XIV side of the crossover. I thought they might at Fanfest since it was close to the announcement but apparently not.

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wonder what the chances are of getting Iris or Lunafreya outfits from the XV crossover event. My guess is we'll probably get one or two of the bro outfits that'll fit both genders, which I suppose could make for decent glam as well.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Most likely will be talked about in the live letter next week, we'll see. They're probably gonna spend a bunch of time showing off BLU stuff though, and not sure when the collab stuff is being added, they might keep it for later when the game will be in its "dead" state before the expansion. Like may or so.

XenodudeX

Oct 25, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida
Question: I have the PS4 version of ARR through SB and want to play on PC because the controls make me want to kill myself. Can I just buy the pc version of SB, or do I have to buy SB and ARR to play?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Question: I have the PS4 version of ARR through SB and want to play on PC because the controls make me want to kill myself. Can I just buy the pc version of SB, or do I have to buy SB and ARR to play?
PS4 version has full MKB support fwiw, just need to flip a switch in Character Config and plug in a mouse and keyboard.

If you still want to switch though, you'll need to rebuy the base game + Stormblood or buy the complete package version that includes both.

You could also continue playing on PS4 until Shadowbringers is out, then switch to PC by buying the base game + Shadowbringers instead of ARR+Stormblood now + Shadowbringers next summer.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
Hey all, hoping some kind member can help me out.

I decided I'd make use of the current ongoing Free Login Campaign(13.11.2018 - 23.12-2018 EU) but upon logging in, I am greeted with the following error "No valid service account is available to play..."

Regarding eligibility:
I own both the base game and expansions, my subscription is inactive and has been for almost half a year.

Thanks! Hoping to see if I am ready to resubscribe to the game and carry on leveling. (About to reach Heavensward's story/expansion, I've heard nothing but good things but I left off on that long grind with a ton of fetch quests but hoping to push past it now so I can actually get to an amazing story... apparently! haha)

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017

I decided I'd make use of the current ongoing Free Login Campaign(13.11.2018 - 23.12-2018 EU) but upon logging in, I am greeted with the following error "No valid service account is available to play..."

Regarding eligibility:
I own both the base game and expansions, my subscription is inactive and has been for almost half a year.

Thanks! Hoping to see if I am ready to resubscribe to the game and carry on leveling. (About to reach Heavensward's story/expansion, I've heard nothing but good things but I left off on that long grind with a ton of fetch quests but hoping to push past it now so I can actually get to an amazing story... apparently! haha)
Are you able to make it past the launcher and into the title screen or are you stuck at the launcher.

If you're stuck on the launcher I'd login to Mogstation to make sure you're trying the right account. You should see something like this showing the account owns the game:

l2LhvIO.png

If you made it to the title screen and have multiple service accounts, you can switch accounts by selecting the data center option and confirming your server. If you have 2 accounts you should be given the option to select which account you want to login with. If you dont have multiple service accounts, nothing will pop up.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017

Regarding eligibility:

One thing that might have happened, did you login a few days ago to download the client? The 4 days start the moment you enter your account information in the launcher, not when you actually log in the game, if you logged in quickly to update your stuff then forgot about it, your 4days are gone. If that's not the case though don't mind that just wanted to point it out. If it's not that I don't know, wrong account info perhaps?

I haven't used my 4 days myself yet, waiting for sunday so I can abuse the weekly reset a bit(2days before reset, 2 days after reset, should let me collect 2 weeklies worth of stuff during these 4days, and hit the Starlight event stuff too), so can't help on wether or not there's an issue with it atm.

Spleenpoker

Nov 11, 2017
Thanks, it was definitely the right account though! Stuck at launcher

Awh, damn! Yeah, that's what happened. A bit annoying since I didn't even get into the game proper. I spent two days downloading the game and then got busy.

I will most likely resub later in the month and take it slow. I just hit that infamous grind between ARR and HW. I was thinking about waiting for the release of the Trust System for the forced groups that will come later in the grind but when you get hyped, you get hyped!

Thanks though!

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Thanks, it was definitely the right account though! Stuck at launcher

Awh, damn! Yeah, that's what happened. A bit annoying since I didn't even get into the game proper. I spent two days downloading the game and then got busy.

I will most likely resub later in the month and take it slow. I just hit that infamous grind between ARR and HW. I was thinking about waiting for the release of the Trust System for the forced groups that will come later in the grind but when you get hyped, you get hyped!

Thanks though!
Yep it sucks, I believe in the future if you need to patch beforehand, you want to make a new trial account with another email, and use that to log in and patch the game, then log on your main account when you're ready to.

On the ARR/HW thing you mean 2.1 to 2.5? There's not much grouping in that, trusts wouldn't help much, it takes a long time because there's just a lot of crappy quests. There's a fair amount of queues but that's pretty standard for every patch, and I'm pretty sure if you're on the MSQ stuff you get priority for queues, I queued for a couple of things as summoner recently, in the middle of the day, and still got ~10mins or under queues for stuff. Helps obviously if you queue as healer or tank though.

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
I just tried to start a trial and I got an error that I couldn't play the trial because "the game is registered on the account." I loaded up Mogstation and saw I had apparently been in a beta. Am I hosed? I don't understand why having a beta registered on my account would stop me from playing a trial.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I just tried to start a trial and I got an error that I couldn't play the trial because "the game is registered on the account." I loaded up Mogstation and saw I had apparently been in a beta. Am I hosed? I don't understand why having a beta registered on my account would stop me from playing a trial.
It is weird yeah, basically for an account to be a trial account, it has to be started specifically as a trial account. You should be able to make another account though. Not sure if that's on PS4 but on PC just start another account as a trial, you'll just have to use another email which is kinda annoying. On PS4 it should still be accessible I'd assume, although worst case scenario it might require you make another PS4 profile to play with, which would suck. I'd look into possibly unlinking your PS4 and Square Enix account(maybe on the mogstation).

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
It is weird yeah, basically for an account to be a trial account, it has to be started specifically as a trial account. You should be able to make another account though. Not sure if that's on PS4 but on PC just start another account as a trial, you'll just have to use another email which is kinda annoying. On PS4 it should still be accessible I'd assume, although worst case scenario it might require you make another PS4 profile to play with, which would suck. I'd look into possibly unlinking your PS4 and Square Enix account(maybe on the mogstation).
I want to get it on pc. I tried to deactivate the beta on the account but it didn't seem to do anything.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I want to get it on pc. I tried to deactivate the beta on the account but it didn't seem to do anything.
Na you can't use that account for the trial. You can obviously just buy the game directly on that account but if you want to use the trial, you need to create a new account, as I said, you can't use an existing account to start a trial, even if it's just a beta account. If it's a gmail account you could check into making a sub mail account so you use the same mail but not sure if SE accepts those, regardless, you'll need an entirely new trial account to do the trial.

BPHusker

Oct 26, 2017
Nebraska
Na you can't use that account for the trial. You can obviously just buy the game directly on that account but if you want to use the trial, you need to create a new account, as I said, you can't use an existing account to start a trial, even if it's just a beta account. If it's a gmail account you could check into making a sub mail account so you use the same mail but not sure if SE accepts those, regardless, you'll need an entirely new trial account to do the trial.
Are there any sales at the moment? It looks like I just missed out 2 weeks ago.

Deleted member 888

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The new copy I bought of Stormblood had a code inside that wouldn't work. Sealed copy.

I have found out apparently when the game released physical copies of Stormblood on PS4 had issues redeeming codes.

Contacted Square Enix about it but so far I've just had an email to say sorry for ongoing delay.

I contacted Sony first who after seeing proof of purchase said the code was used on the 15th of June 2017 which is before the game even released lol. The game released on the 20th.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Are there any sales at the moment? It looks like I just missed out 2 weeks ago.
As you said, they just had a sale. There's potentially more sales coming with winter/xmas/new year and such. Atm lowest price for the complete edition I could find is Voidu which has a 25% off code WINTERMADNESS that makes it a bit cheaper(but not that much because the base price is higher than some other shops). Worth noting I have no idea if they sell US keys, I just know they sell EU ones for sure. Could be worth waiting though if you start the trial.

Alternatively, grab the starter edition somewhere for 10bucks(Voidu code should apply to that too if they sell the keys you need) and just play until 50, that takes a while on its own. Only thing you're missing until you reach 50 by not buying the expansions right away is Au'Ra race(but you get a fantasia pot at the end of ARR MSQ which lets you redo your character so you could always just change to it later), PotD past 40 which is only relevant for leveling alts and you can't go to your FC house if they're in Shirogane I think. Rest is unlocked at 50 or later, so it's not a big issue to just get the starter edition then stormblood later.

TLSLex

Oct 26, 2017
Scotland
The new copy I bought of Stormblood had a code inside that wouldn't work. Sealed copy.

I have found out apparently when the game released physical copies of Stormblood on PS4 had issues redeeming codes.

Contacted Square Enix about it but so far I've just had an email to say sorry for ongoing delay.

I contacted Sony first who after seeing proof of purchase said the code was used on the 15th of June 2017 which is before the game even released lol. The game released on the 20th.

This just means the code was redeemed for early access.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Square confirmed it was a dodgy code so I'll be trying FF14 again over Christmas break!

Dear Customer,

Unfortunately, after checking the code you received in your PlayStation®4 version of Stormblood, we have confirmed that you received the incorrect code. We deeply apologise for this error.

Please find below the correct PSN code which you can register to your account to obtain the Stormblood game entitlement:

My character is on Ultros but I'll probably try and switch to a European server if I keep playing for a few months.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Started doing Eureka, it's alright so far, challenge log levels really fast at least. Got to 12 from it(would have been 13 if I didn't die twice like an idiot at 5AM so no one around to rez me). Don't have much interest in the relic so I'll probably just ride the challenge log all the way to cap or whatever and not care about FATE trains and other stuff.

Square confirmed it was a dodgy code so I'll be trying FF14 again over Christmas break!

My character is on Ultros but I'll probably try and switch to a European server if I keep playing for a few months.
There's some free transfers coming sometimes before the expansion if you're not in a hurry to switch. If I had to guess, I'd say sometimes in march or april, although we don't have an official date at all and could be earlier or later.

Last edited:

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Started doing Eureka, it's alright so far, challenge log levels really fast at least. Got to 12 from it(would have been 13 if I didn't die twice like an idiot at 5AM so no one around to rez me). Don't have much interest in the relic so I'll probably just ride the challenge log all the way to cap or whatever and not care about FATE trains and other stuff.

There's some free transfers coming sometimes before the expansion if you're not in a hurry to switch. If I had to guess, I'd say sometimes in march or april, although we don't have an official date at all and could be earlier or later.

Yeah no hurry, I can't even remember if I completed the original main story or not. Character is level 51 but once I get to login I'll be clueless again lol.

Almost feels like I should just start a new character but that's pointless on an MMO like this where alts really aren't needed. So I'll try a month with the entry level sub and see how I get on.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
The new Starlight event is pretty good. Always nice to see some new mechanics pop up. I hope they try to do more with them at some point.

Deleted member 888

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
For some reason, I have 4 days of gametime remaining? I haven't logged in since 2015. Is this because I redeemed Stormblood?

As expected I'm totally lost when I log in lmao. On some main quest called Fireworks and Fish don't mix. Is this still a realm reborn main quest?

Cheers

Aurelia Borel

Oct 30, 2017

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
Cool, I always remember hearing Heavensward is when things get much better so I'm not too worried about having to start a new character to do the MSQ again.
I made a second account just last few weeks, it takes quite a while to get through ARR though. I timed it at ~35hours for base ARR(I did level 2 classes to 50 though in parallel, but it didn't add much time because I was alternating between them when I outleveled the MSQ too much due to Road to 60 buff) and ~20hours for the post 2.0 ARR MSQ.

Anyway it's worth taking some time to check all your skills, organize them on bars and then just do the MSQ and just check stuff on the wiki when you're lost or want to do something else. There's not many daillies to do until you reach heavensward stuff imo, you can run roulettes for gear but it's not very useful since you'll get fine gear just doing the first few MSQs in HW. If you hit 50 before the heavensward release though you might have issues with ilvl to do story content maybe, if you did after you have gotten a box with i90 blue class gear which is enough to clear everything basically with the other rewards you get from doing the MSQ(right side accessories and weapons).

Status
Not open for further replies.