• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Qvoth

Oct 26, 2017
So if I last played in 4.1, what should my priorities be if I want to see all the good content before Shadowbringers? I'm currently just cleaning out my journal and learning how to play with a controller.
buy the hq i380 gear, you can upgrade them into 390 with an npc in rhalgr's reach

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
Damn the Ultima statue is already sold out I went to pre-order one. Hopefully they do another run.

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Damn the Ultima statue is already sold out I went to pre-order one. Hopefully they do another run.

Honestly surprised it took as long as it did. I got an email saying it was going to be shipping in April (wtf) so hopefully that's no a misprint on their behalf otherwise I'm gonna be waiting on a second batch for mine.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I really should've used the double exp buff from when I joined a preferred world to level my crafting and gathering jobs whew, but at least I'm getting slowly but surely there lol

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
You can still take advantage of the Ala Mhigan and Friendship Circlet for grinding exp gains. (Though its +30% and +20% and it doesn't multiply the bonus % from whatever quality you dump into it.)

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Got my new Axe and I'm waving good bye to Pagos (til they nerf that light grind).
j5NoXHK.jpg

Lauren

Feb 16, 2018
Cardiff
Got my new Axe and I'm waving good bye to Pagos (til they nerf that light grind).

Pagos? If you can find an empty instance, go the bunny fate, get the monsters near the fate to low HP and then kill them by level syncing. The light bonus is huge.

I spent about 2 hours just syning and unsyncing these mobs around the fate and got my full weapon light levelled.

MrHappy has a good catch up video

Last edited:

MoonToon

Banned
Nov 9, 2018
Pagos? If you can find an empty instance, go the bunny fate, get the monsters near the fate to low HP and then kill them by level syncing. The light bonus is huge.

I spent about 2 hours just syning and unsyncing these mobs around the fate and got my full weapon light levelled.
Yeah, I did that. Not sure how much it helped cause riding the Choo Choo was way less effort and all I kept getting were feebles the rare times I got anything but I kept at it. Got into a Light Party a day or so ago and like some gentles from the dragons. But yeah, I think most of my first bars where solo from the fate trick. The bad part about that is that you gotta be higher level to keep the chain going (as a tank at least) so I had to wait to be 32 to come back to it at first.

The last bar I was working on tho came from a Ashkin around that Bunny fact. Gave me a Brilliant. First one I had and it was the last one I needed lol.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You can still take advantage of the Ala Mhigan and Friendship Circlet for grinding exp gains. (Though its +30% and +20% and it doesn't multiply the bonus % from whatever quality you dump into it.)
Sadly I didn't preorder StB so I don't have the earrings, that's why I can't wait for the 3/1 to get the earrings from ShB haha. But I thought these weren't working for crafting and gathering?

Deleted member 24149

Oct 29, 2017
Sadly I didn't preorder StB so I don't have the earrings, that's why I can't wait for the 3/1 to get the earrings from ShB haha. But I thought these weren't working for crafting and gathering?
They work. They provide no benefit to your crafting/gathering class but you still get the bonus EXP.

However for HW+ I probably wouldn't be using the earring for collectible stuff.

For 1-50 I've been abusing the fuck out of them on my alts.

Pyros Eien

Oct 31, 2017
I've been in a fishing mood myself lately. I need 120 or so fish to get the ilvl 350 rod. What program is this btw?

As mentionned, it's http://ff14fish.carbuncleplushy.com/ but might look different because of night mode stuff. It's a must for fishing stuff imo, unless you keep up with it every patch. When you start and have like 300big fishes all with their unique weather and time windows, keeping track of what's up is pretty much impossible, while this lets you do just that, it's great. It also can tell you much in advance about stuff so you can prepare, like this one being 5days in advance, while most other sources are limited on weather prediction.

Anyway I've been fishing non stop for almost 2 weeks now, almost caught up. I had almost all the fishes from 2.0, but haven't really fished much since, so I had a lot to catch up. I started with all the ARR fishes and cleared that last week, this frees up a ton of inventory space since ARR has like 30baits and lures it's pretty dumb. Now I started HW and SB together since there's less fishes, but a few are just absurdly rare, or really annoying to catch(most of the fish eye stuff in HW is ridiculous).

It's fun overall though and I like seeing the log slowly fill up/the website lists getting smaller. I'm also catching a bunch of standard fishes in HW/SB since I really hadn't done much, mostly GC turn ins and leves and what not so I didn't have the fishing holes info in most zones or even the super common fishes. Up to 705unique fishes and 138big fishes atm, so progressing at a pretty rapid pace.

Animekatt

Oct 25, 2017
As mentionned, it's http://ff14fish.carbuncleplushy.com/ but might look different because of night mode stuff. It's a must for fishing stuff imo, unless you keep up with it every patch. When you start and have like 300big fishes all with their unique weather and time windows, keeping track of what's up is pretty much impossible, while this lets you do just that, it's great. It also can tell you much in advance about stuff so you can prepare, like this one being 5days in advance, while most other sources are limited on weather prediction.

Anyway I've been fishing non stop for almost 2 weeks now, almost caught up. I had almost all the fishes from 2.0, but haven't really fished much since, so I had a lot to catch up. I started with all the ARR fishes and cleared that last week, this frees up a ton of inventory space since ARR has like 30baits and lures it's pretty dumb. Now I started HW and SB together since there's less fishes, but a few are just absurdly rare, or really annoying to catch(most of the fish eye stuff in HW is ridiculous).

It's fun overall though and I like seeing the log slowly fill up/the website lists getting smaller. I'm also catching a bunch of standard fishes in HW/SB since I really hadn't done much, mostly GC turn ins and leves and what not so I didn't have the fishing holes info in most zones or even the super common fishes. Up to 705unique fishes and 138big fishes atm, so progressing at a pretty rapid pace.

I just want to thank you both so so sooooo much! My jaw practically hit the floor after going to the site. Way better than juggling 5 different pages with ffxivangler.com.

Irikan

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
They work. They provide no benefit to your crafting/gathering class but you still get the bonus EXP.

However for HW+ I probably wouldn't be using the earring for collectible stuff.

For 1-50 I've been abusing the fuck out of them on my alts.
God, if only I knew that before, thanks a lot for letting me know LOL

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Guys

I am going to pre-order the steam version of Shadowbringers. I recently moved to NA region so my steam is set to that but my SE account is EU. Will there be any problems buying the key from steam?

Killthee

Oct 25, 2017
Hey Guys

I am going to pre-order the steam version of Shadowbringers. I recently moved to NA region so my steam is set to that but my SE account is EU. Will there be any problems buying the key from steam?
AFAIK mogstation codes are region locked. You'll need to buy it from Eu steam to get a code that will work with Eu mogstation.

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
Do NA preorders go up 2pm EST? Hoping physical doesn't sell out too fast

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Might be old news, but Shadowbringers is up on the Steam store

and it lists the following as features:
• New jobs, including Gunbreaker
• New playable race: Viera
which I think deconfirms any sort of genderlocked races.

(Should be mentioned that publishers can edit store pages at will, though.)

Lonestar

Roll Tahd, Pawl
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like there's some other news on that store page. Had they mentioned the 2 other "beast races" that are on that page?

B.K.

Oct 31, 2017
Seems like there's some other news on that store page. Had they mentioned the 2 other "beast races" that are on that page?

Nu Mou were announced at Las Vegas Fanfest. They mentioned fairies and dwarves there, too, but Paris Fanfest was the first time we saw fairies. Dwarves should be shown at the Tokyo Fanfest.

cmagus

Oct 27, 2017
SE site is getting hammered I can't even login to pre-order and the entire site just crashed lol.

Broscientific

Oct 27, 2017
Hi, everyone. I just picked up a trial of FFXIV from Twitch Prime- really liking it so far. I formerly played WoW a few years ago and this game is a pretty welcome return to what I liked from that!

I'm playing as an Archer right now and just leveling up. Is it OK to just barrel through doing all the MSQ to level up? I'm finding that I'm outlevelling the MSQ. Should I be doing anything else as I level up in order to save time later?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Hi, everyone. I just picked up a trial of FFXIV from Twitch Prime- really liking it so far. I formerly played WoW a few years ago and this game is a pretty welcome return to what I liked from that!

I'm playing as an Archer right now and just leveling up. Is it OK to just barrel through doing all the MSQ to level up? I'm finding that I'm outlevelling the MSQ. Should I be doing anything else as I level up in order to save time later?
Focus on the MSQ since most of the content is gated behind it. You might outlevel it at first but it'll catch up later. You can also do the quests with blue icons if you want since they unlock stuff as well. Make sure you do your job quests too.

Broscientific

Oct 27, 2017
Focus on the MSQ since most of the content is gated behind it. You might outlevel it at first but it'll catch up later. You can also do the quests with blue icons if you want since they unlock stuff as well. Make sure you do your job quests too.

Thanks, yep I've been doing the job quests as well but I'll keep an eye out for the blue ones.
Another question, not sure if anyone will know the answer yet, if I were to preorder the new expansion, the two prior ones wouldn't unlock until it's released, right? So if my goal is to catch up before Shadowbringers comes out, I would need to buy Stormblood?

cdyhybrid

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, yep I've been doing the job quests as well but I'll keep an eye out for the blue ones.
Another question, not sure if anyone will know the answer yet, if I were to preorder the new expansion, the two prior ones wouldn't unlock until it's released, right? So if my goal is to catch up before Shadowbringers comes out, I would need to buy Stormblood?

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Placed an order, got this confirmation screen:

aR3dlCG.jpg

Like 20 minutes have passed and no confirmation email, nor information about the order on "My Account". I haven't received any notification from my bank either, so I think the heavy load on the store didn't let my order really be processed correctly.

Tamanon

Oct 25, 2017

Unfortunately, yeah. Stated reason is that people can refund Shadowbringers, so can't give the codes early.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
So I ordered the Physical CE from the SE store and it went through and I got the email and can check my activation code (for EA I assume) but the code format isn't the right one for redeeming on the mogstation. Am I doing something wrong?

EDIT: Ignore me, I was doing something wrong. I was an idiot and missed the big "INSTRUCTIONS" button.

Omnicent

Oct 25, 2017
Earth
Placed an order, got this confirmation screen:

aR3dlCG.jpg

Like 20 minutes have passed and no confirmation email, nor information about the order on "My Account". I haven't received any notification from my bank either, so I think the heavy load on the store didn't let my order really be processed correctly.

Having the same issue here. If I recieve no e-mail and no transaction on my bank account then I'll probably try again in a few days since I'm getting the standard edition.

Optinator

Oct 27, 2017

There are a couple MSQs that seem to leap ahead in required level if you've only been doing MSQ the whole time. These are at 41 and 49, so I would recommend doing at least leveling roulettes daily and challenge log entries weekly (especially FATES) when you can to avoid the stopgap at those points. I usually start doing that at around level 30, and don't stop til I'm 50.

Khrno

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Having the same issue here. If I recieve no e-mail and no transaction on my bank account then I'll probably try again in a few days since I'm getting the standard edition.
I already got the email confirmation, it just took a long time to arrive.

So guys, anyone from Europe that knows where could I pre-order the standard digital edition? I got the NA CE because I want the physical items and my fiancee will use the game codes, but my account is from Europe and the SE store doesn't let me purchase with non-european credit cards.

For Stormblood I tried GreenManGaming, I even purchased the game on Pounds, and then I got sent an NA code because my credit card was not from Europe, I complained telling them that I clearly purchased the EU version on their EU site, and they said that SE "did not allow them" to give EU codes to people not in Europe, so I'm not getting Shadowbringers through GMG.

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
Finally bought stormblood so back into this game hard last time I played Heavensward was just released. I used be in in guild when it was GAF so I just sent a invite to ERA Free Company

Zen

The Wise Ones
Nov 1, 2017
I got a verification email, is th at the confirmation or is there a separate one sent after it finishes processing?

Redhood

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
I hope that is not the case otherwise I am out of luck!
So an update on my situation. I yolo'd and bought the pre order from steam even though SE support told me not to. I got the keys and the early access key worked. so I guess it doesn't matter what region your account is as long as you buy the dlc from steam. However it absolutely matters when buying the base game.

Status
Not open for further replies.